Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tags - Dark Side/Light Side

Progflaw99

Hi all!

I have been talking about it with several people regarding tags, and I thought I'd put forth an idea.

Typically Force Users fall into two categories, Jedi or Sith - but in reality that distinction is far less black and white. Specifically speaking towards the "Dark Jedi" tags, would it make sense to create in addition a simple "Dark Side" or "Light Side" tag for people who don't fall under the Jedi or Sith titles but would still like to identify which spectrum of the Force they dabble in? I would also suggest that these tags be available for both as "Dark Side" + "Soldier" tags would add a certain distinction to those who are Force Users but not in either the Jedi or Sith Camp.

(I don't have a design in mind, but I would assume those of you who are more artistically talented would be more than qualified for the job should this idea gain any momentum. In short, would it be worth having a "Dark Side" and "Light Side" tag that's less committal than "Jedi" or "Sith"?)

[member="Lyra Naerys"] There is a Force Sensitive tag I beleive you can request that a few people have, indicating you have the Force ability but not stating what you "are" with it, ie Jedi, Sith etc if that helps?

[member="Lyra Naerys"]

Let it be done! Seriously, it'd be a good alteration.

[member="Connor Harrison"]

Her point is that a lot of people fall between the cracks when it comes to terminology (you, for example!), and thus would be better off with 'Dark Side' and 'Master', because that better describes your situation (since you definitely can't be thought of as a Jedi now!).

Asides from the Jedi and Sith tag there is rouge (light side that doesnt affiliate with either group) neutral (neutral) and dark Jedi ( dark without affiliation).

I dont necessarily think we need more tags about that. While Dark Jedi makes people think Jedi, they arent. They're just any darksider who isnt Sith.

In that case I want a tag for "Grey" Jedi!

I love the idea though, I really do. Kei isn't a Jedi, not a Sith and not a Rogue, but Rogue is all I could find that fit him.

I want some sort of Jedi tag.

360%20-%20daniel_bryan%20macro%20microphone%20wwe%20yes.jpg

Lyra Naerys said:
"Dark Side" + "Soldier" tags would add a certain distinction to those who are Force Users but not in either the Jedi or Sith Camp.
Per the rules, you'd still need to show a Force Rank regardless if one is a Force User.

The max amount of tags able to be requested is 2. So you'd still be stuck with "Darkside" or "Lightside" with a "Force Rank Tag."

One couldn't do Darkside/lightside, rank tag, and soldier all at the same time.

Nor would it allow you to use your Faction tag and a lightside/darkside plus Force Rank tag at the same time

Darth Ferox said:
[member="Cira"]

Why not have a Ren rank order out of curiosity
Its a canon group in the movies now, and witches have their own despite not having a major part in any of the movies.

That's a different topic of conversation and should be left out of this proposal. For such a request, probably should be its own thread.

skin, bone, and arrogance
Darth Ferox said:
[member="Cira"]

Why not have a Ren rank order out of curiosity
Its a canon group in the movies now, and witches have their own despite not having a major part in any of the movies.
This is a can of worms that oughtn't to be opened at the moment. Suffice it to say the argument is:

Ren: We want it
Everyone else: We'd rather you didn't

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom