Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tactical Saber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intent: To create a lightsaber tailored to Andreas. Also, to give him more range options.Development Thread: (Not mandatory on creation, but helps give insight to a submission and shows effort. If not included, depending on the submission, a development thread might be asked for before final judgement)
Manufacturer: Blas Tech Industries)
Model: Darksaber
Affiliation: N/AModularity:Yes
Production: Unique
Material: Durasteel
Description: The tactical saber is not much more than a two-handed darksaber with a blaster at the end of the hilt complete with trigger. As such, it has all the advantages and disadvantages of a conventional lightsaber, the only difference being the blade which is completely black with a thin white outline, flat instead of round and makes a much softer sound when activated. The pistol attatched to it uses the black voided core of the weapon to shoot bullets at subsonic speed. These bolts are the same color as the blade and, being made from the same power source, it has all the cutting and piercing power of a small lightsaber blade moving at 290m/s. The bolts are fired with great power to provide decent stopping power, but also have a killer recoil that can snap the average man's wrist, making this one only to be used by the strongest men. The rate of fire is pretty low as there must be at least four seconds between each bolt, making this not one to be used in a blaster brawl.

Classification: Blaster
Size: Handheld
Length: 213mm
Weight:1.59kg
Ammunition Type: Black Voided Core
Ammunition Capacity: Unlimited
Effective Range: 100m

Classification: Sword
Size:Two-Handed
Length: 145cm
Weight:1.59kg
Other Features:Being a lightsaber, it can cut through all but the materials that resist it. The wielder may control the blade's length upon activation, from that of a dagger to that of a longsaber

As it stands, here are my issues with this submission.

• Blas-Tech wouldn't make a lightsaber, I'd know I run that company with another character. Each lightsaber is made individually by their maker, not a company.
  • I'm okay with you wanting a black blade, but here's my issue.
  • A lightsaber...and a gun? That's overkill and can be abused, especially since you're wanting to make it fire "partial lightsaber" bolts through the air.
  • The Dark saber is currently in the possession of Emberi Garret.
  • There's not enough room on a lightsaber of a regular hilt size for a weapon on one end, and a blade on the other.
  • The concept as it stands isn't bad, but would require a development thread or some re-imagining of it's finer points to get approved in a much under-powered submission.

I'm not comfortable with this submission at all, and if you wish for a second chance with it you may apply for one in the second chance thread.

As it stands though.

rAM9jSU.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom