Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech T-998C Blaster Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
snh0yx.jpg

Image Source: http://peterku.deviantart.com/art/DAEVA-secondary-477876893

Intent: Production model rifle for forces of the Galactic Republic & her allies.

Development Thread: If Necessary

Manufacturer: Tyven Heavy Industries
Model: T-998C
Affiliation: Galactic Republic & Allies
Modularity: Limited - Interchangeable with Blaster Pistol model T-600C scopes, power cells, and gas canisters. (Standard 12x magnification with Nightvision).
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Durasteel

Classification: Blaster
Size: Handheld
Length: 1107mm
Weight: 4.3kg

Ammunition Type: Power Cell & Gas Canister
Ammunition Capacity: Power Cell Capacity: 35 | Gas Canister Capacity: 105

Effective Range: 400m
Rate of Fire: Variable. Single, Semi-Auto, Full-Auto

Special Features: Power Cell automatically discharges when empty through the use of a latch system, which, after the final power cell has been expended, locks the bolt in place, preventing unintended discharge of the gas canister, allowing for faster reload while under pressure.

Description: The T-998C is an advancement on the standard blaster rifle market. It brings a number of unique, yet simplistic benefits with it. An automatic release Power Cell system forces empty cartridges to be immediately ejected, allowing for smoother, faster reload times. The system incorporates a locking mechanism which prevents the gas canister from continuing to discharge once the power cell has been ejected. The standard model of this weapon includes a 12x magnification scope, with nightvision option. Additional accessories include a long range 30x magnification scope which can incorporate both infrared and nightvision modes. Various mounting locations allow for laser sights as well as underbarrel grenade launchers. During testing, most common issues occur with the auto-ejection system infrequently failing to discharge the empty power cell, forcing the user to utilize the standard manual release lever. The weapon is water resistant due to having all major components watertight, but may malfunction beneath depths of 3 meters.

Ah, I apologize, I was actually just taking some specs off of the US issues M1 Garand semi-automatic bandolier rifle. Would I be able to reduce it to slightly above average? Around 400m? If not, I am fine with reducing it to 300m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom