Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syntho-Terra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myra

M
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a fascinating and unique world for people to explore, and perhaps for use in the future by what ever faction wants it, and whomever wants to build onto it.
  • Image Credit: Christopher Balaskas Sarah Lindstrom Mert Genccinar
  • Canon: N/A
  • Links: N/A
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Planet Name: Syntho-Terra, Synthus, Syn
  • Demonym: Synthian
  • Region: Unknown
  • System Name: Sole
  • System Features: 1 red dwarf star, and Syntho-Terra itself.
  • Coordinates: P-23
  • Major Imports: Food, comfort items,
  • Major Exports: Technologies/research, a variety of raw materials
GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION
  • Gravity: Varies, but is primarily Earth-like
  • Climate: The surface of Syntho-Terra is a massive complex of durasteel walls hundreds of feet thick that divide unique hexagonal biomes. Dozens if not hundreds of these biomes exist, some incredibly similar but some foreign, bizzarre, and manufactured/unnatural. The climate of each of these hexagons differs greatly, some even experiencing seasons independent from other hexagons neighboring them.
  • Primary Terrain: Each individual hexagonal biome has its own unique terrain

• Major Locations:
The Spires
ck85nvwp2wdknm4miszn.jpg

The Spires take up one whole octagon that was once its own independent biome, however, the dominant species (the Crabbs) effectively outcompeted all other syntho-species and dominated the hexogonal biome with these spires hundreds (and in some rare cases thousands) of feet tall. These spires serve a myriad of purposes and give away the illusion of sapience, yet further study by local scientists have proven the opposite. Some spires, usually the tallest, are covered in a primitive form of solar-panels and wind turbines, which absorb mass amounts of solar and wind energy which the Crabbs use to power themselves, others are dedicated to Crabb production, producing dozens of Crabbs a day, and others still are mass server-farms used to house the ever growing AI that runs the Crabbs.

The Walls
wmnmqdutbtaex7ez9h0n.jpg

The Walls that separate each hexagonal biome have become a biome themselves, unique syntho-beasts wander the great plains on top, or climb the walls to prey on the Syntho-beasts restrained to the individual biomes. However, these walls serve more than just to separate the biomes, rather they host a variety of deactivated droids which can be activated to completely purge a biome to let it start anew (Or protect Syntho-Terra when it is under attack), as well as great computers which run the climate controls, record data studied from the biomes, as well as initiate the purge protocol and deploy the CIT Syntho-beast. The walls also house a variety of factories to produce CIM Syntho-Beasts, purge-droids, and repair-droids. The latter of which the computers use to constantly repair the hull and inner workings of the walls. Within the walls are corridors, laboratories, living quarters, domestic areas, cafeterias, and dozens of other civilian, military, and scientific buildings that once served the race that built Syntho-Terra but have since fallen into disrepair.

The Junk-Port
mexdo9uqrhkpriqecuwq.jpg

The Junk-Port is the largest of the hexagonal biomes, although it does not seem to serve the usual task, and is located at the north pole of the planet. Instead, it serves as a port for small fighter-class droids that roam the solar system and a little beyond the borders of the said solar system. These droids ultimately mine asteroids down completely, and harvest space debris, all of which is returned to the Junk-Port to be distributed across the planet to the various biomes to sate the hunger of the syntho-beasts there as well as repair the walls.

The Floating Isles

sarah-lindstrom-conceptart-landscapes-air-copy-2.jpg

The Floating Isles are one hexagonal biome in particular which has very little gravity, and which's floor is several hundred feet below the rest of the planet's surface. Instead, large floating islands dominate the biome. These rocks are held up by artificial gravity cores planted deep within each island that controls the gravity of, and around the island. So each island has gravity but between the islands the gravity is greatly reduced, so much so that even humans could jump from Island to Island with little assistance.

Hub City
mert-genccinar-scifioupost.jpg

Hub city is a settlement established by a variety of governments, corporations, and private funders which consists primarily of miners (who scavenge the Junk-Port or mine the walls themselves) and scientists who seek to uncover the mysteries of this world. The population is roughly 450,000 individuals of a variety of races, and is constantly growing. The settlement was established where three walls connected, giving a massive platform for expansion, and easy access to biomes by simply driving on top of the wall.

POPULATION
  • Native Species: Crabb, CIM, Raptyr, Syntho-Dragon, Metalo, and various other Syntho-Beasts.
  • Immigrated Species: Explorers and Scientists
  • Population: Minimally Populated
  • Demographics: N/A
  • Primary Languages: Galactic Standard
  • Culture: N/A

GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY
  • Government: Technocratic Republic
  • Affiliation: None
  • Wealth: Medium, a variety of interested parties poor money into Hub City to pay for miners extracting raw materials and to fund scientists on their various missions.
  • Stability: Average, most people are content with their assignment yet some feel as if they've been forced to come here, or that it is too dangerous.
  • Freedom & Oppression: Freedoms are not a priority, but most individuals have a variety of freedoms. The only things not permitted are the basics (murder, theft, etc) and anything that could possibly upset the balance of Hub City.

MILITARY & TECHNOLOGY

• Military: Hub City has a standing militia, but relies on outside help for protection against space-based threats.
  • Technology: Advanced, as any new technology discovered on Syntho-Terra is usually tested within Hub-City, and the vast amount of scavenging/hunting gives a constant flow of unique technologies to be implemented to the city.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

Syntho-Terra was long ago settled and ultimately formed into what it was today by one of the ancient precursor races, and the planet itself has long since been abandoned by its creators and forgotten by the galaxy. It was once a mass research institute researching various theories such as consciousness, artificial intelligence, evolution, and was used to experiment with terraforming, colonization, combat simulations, survival, and served a myriad of domestic purposes as well such as nature reserves, picnic locations, big-game hunting.

However, now it is nothing but a testament to its unknown creators' willpower and resources. The great walls that divide the biomes and the great computers that constantly churn out new possibilities, problems and scenarios to experiment on within the biomes will forever act as the creator's long dead signature upon the galaxy.

Upon being rediscovered by an exploration vessel, the world baffled scientific minds across the galaxy. This massive research compound was filled with dozens of primitive AIs inhabiting animal-like vessels, and which acted solely on instinct, feeding, reproducing, surviving, like real animals would. These AIs could even evolve, a small algorithm placed by the creators which would
randomly mutate a piece of the coding of the AI, causing the new creature's form to be, or act, slightly differently. Scientists were baffled as they watched the CIM (Creation Intelligence Machine) which was a simple robot, as complicated as a child's toy, 'evolve' into a beast such as the Syntho-Dragon over centuries. No scientist has actually beheld such a drastic change as the planet was only recently discovered, but after cracking the vaults of knowledge within the walls, scientists were able to extract records kept of past Syntho-Beasts, starting from a CIM and going all the way to their final stage before the biome they were in was wiped to start a fresh.

It shocked scientists, even more, when organic organisms were found on Syntho-Terra, navigating the bizarre biomes and even feeding off some of the machines themselves. Although these beings are rare, and there are only a few dozen species on the planet that are organic (not including plantlife of which there is a lot of).

However, the planet continues to still be mostly unexplored due to the dangerous and bizarre 'organisms' (if you can call a synthno-beast and organism). Explorers have begun to come and pillage the riches from this long abandoned planet, and new technologies are being discovered every day from both the archives, structures, and syntho-beasts themselves.

OOC NOTE:
I am very aware that this is very.... "ambitious", and this might just me be fanboying out about this concept. I won't really be surprised if Syntho-Terra never becomes a reality, it's not particularly starwars, and I have left a lot so vague (primarily because there's so much here, that I hope other Roleplays will be inspired and want to add on). But yes, I am willing to cooperate with the judges, and make whatever edits, changes, and what have you to bring this into the Starwars Chaos universe.

But a quick note: Syntho-Terra has no sapient AIs on it, all the AIs are rudimentary, a little above what we have in the modern world today, basically relying on their coding for everything, although that coding is randomly changed by an extremely complex algorithm. Would I want sapient AIs on it? Maybe. But I doubt that'd be acceptable.

[member="Brae"]

Hello there,

This is a pretty neat concept, but we have a few things to clear up.

Brae said:
System Features: 1 red dwarf star, and Syntho-Terra itself.
Any particular reason for choosing a Red Dwarf star? Because of their relatively low output of light and heat, they're usually poor for making habitable systems.

Brae said:
The Floating Isles are one hexagonal biome in particular which has very little gravity, and which's floor is several hundred feet below the rest of the planet's surface. Instead, large floating islands dominate the biome.
Could you go a little more in-depth about the mechanics of how the islands are airborne? Is there some kind of special technology that has altered the gravity in this region from the rest of the planet?

Brae said:
Native Species: Crabb, CIM, Raptyr, Syntho-Dragon, Metalo, and various other Syntho-Beasts.
Can you hyperlink all the species listed here? The syntho-beasts may require their own species sub if they don't have one already.

Myra

M
[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

I made the edits for the floating Islands as you requested

As for the Red-Dwarf I picked it to kinda show the ingenuity of whatever made Syntho-Terra. Red Dwarfs will outlive all the other stars by billions of years (according to current scientific research) so the installation will survive long past everything else (although we will never reach that point in the roleplay universe). It also shows the terraforming required to produce a habitable planet in such a system.

I haven't made a species sub for the Syntho-Beasts, I wasn't even sure if the idea would be accepted. So I decided for the planet sub to go through first before I did the Syntho-Beast subs. I can make them now if it's needed?

[member="Brae"]

Thank you for the edits.

Because the Syntho-beasts are a new lifeform with some vaguely defined advanced abilities (e.g. accelerated evolution) and seem to play an integral role in your submission, I'd like to see a species submission for them before we proceed with this sub.

Myra

M
[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

I have a problem, Syntho-Beasts are basically Robots that fulfill the requirements of life, and act as animals, So do I submit them via the factory or Codex?

[member="Brae"] So they're self-replicating droids with adaptive capabilities? If that's the case, then you'll probably want to run them through the factory. I initially thought they were organic beings or even cyborgs with accelerated evolution governed by an algorithm.

[member="Brae"] Alright, then I'm going to archive this until you're ready.

When you're ready to continue, contact one of the Codex RPJ or Admin to remove from the archives, or make a requestion in the Codex Discussion area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom