Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Symkasis

Status
Not open for further replies.
4913997-carnage_vol_2_2_crain_variant_textless.jpg
ddf2d111fb8321948b49d3341449c1ee-d39go37.jpg

12338726_765402746925496_2146876201_n.jpg
scorn_by_nerdea51-d5oa5fl.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Symkasis
  • Designation: Sentient
  • Homeworld: Unknown, often found on meteorites
  • Language: Basic
  • Average Lifespan: 500+ years
  • Estimated Population: Rare and very spread out across the galaxy. 100-200 in total.
  • Description: The Symkasis is an organic life with a difference, due to its unique body composite a Symkasis can morph its body into various shapes with great ease. This body morphing ability makes it difficult to kill as the being can be split in halves and then reform. They also consume other beings by covering the being then crushing the being into nothing as they absorb the life force within. The fluid like body structure also means there is no heartbeat and no blood for the Symkasis to lose.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: With no lungs, the Symkasis can survive in any atmosphere.
  • Average height of adults: Varies, usually in a humanoid form they can be any height from 4'0 to 8'0, however if they lose parts of their body they will shrink to show this lost.
  • Average length of adults: If in natural puddle form, the being is 1'0 in length
  • Skin color: Red, Black, Green and Purple. There can be mixtures of said colours too.
  • Hair color: N/A
  • Body Composite: While they are seemed to be made of liquid, it is a liquid unlike any other. Not only can they shift their bodies and look completely different, they can create weapons and web-like shoots. These are effective because at will they can become solid, meaning that they can be as solid as a rock or run like water. This makes it difficult for standard blaster bolts, melee weapons and even lightsabers to do damage. However they still feel pain when they are hit. The strength of these weapons is high, with melee weapons able to stand up against a bladed weapon, however a lightsaber would cut through the limb with ease. If they formed range weapons, the "bullet" they create from their body would be as damaging as a standard blaster bolt.
  • Distinctions: Symkasisui are a race of liquid entities, their presence is extremely rare with only a few actual members of the species having being properly documented and examined. There have been numerous rumours of their existence throughout history and locations of their supposed hunting grounds, however these have been either debunked or unable to be confirmed. From the few documented specimens, it is known that the species is incredibly difficult to kill, they do not contain organs so do not have the need to breath, eat or drink. However, there does seem to be a need to consume humanoids to assume a humanoid form, or consuming animals to mimic their form. If for prolonged periods they do not do this then they end up in their natural puddled form. Due to their bodies being a form of liquid, they can shoot projectiles from their bodies and create limb weapons. They reproduce by growing larger and having increased appetites before splitting in half and creating a new Symkasis, it is called Melosis, similar to cell division however the new Symkasis has a different personality from the parent. Reproduction only happens after 200 or 250 years from when the parent is created.
  • Races: Different races are suspected, the different colours seem to signify a different in race. Green Symkasisui tend to be calmer, although still bloodthirsty; black have been known to be larger and more animal-like creatures while red are the most feared in the thought of being insatiably bloodthirsty. Purple show signs of higher than average intelligence and the more feminine of the others.
  • Strengths:
  • No heartbeat
  • Difficult to kill
  • Able to morph limbs into weapons
  • Can survive without air or in toxic atmospheres
  • Stronger than humans
  • Has no morals, so can't feel guilt in killing, actually enjoys it.
  • Can reform into one entity if separate pieces are placed together
  • Weaknesses:
  • Highly weak to sonic attacks. Often can kill them or leave them unable to morph from natural state for extend periods By extended periods, it could be 2-5 days or 1-2 months, depending on the viciousness of the sonic blast. A blast of 100db can leave they near death for 3-4 days and they would need to consume another body to reform. At 120db they would be shattered to death.
  • Susceptible to toxins if their food is injected with them.
  • Can be easily tricked or controlled through mind control
  • Blood lust often means that they are not difficult to locate and find it difficult to resist killing
  • Their appearance stands out wherever they are
  • If they are divided enough they are unable to form a humanoid body and end up small puddles of liquid, which are harmless
  • Cannot use the Force
  • Energy attacks separate the Symkasis and the burning on the body means that rejoining takes longer period of time than it would otherwise work. If hit enough by the attacks they can be left as tiny puddles unable to rejoin form for several days.
CULTURE
  • Diet: Humanoid beings, animal beings and anything that is considered to have flesh. However, if these beings have been injected with lethal poisons then this can affect the Symkasis and they could potentially die.
  • Communication: Communicate telepathically or speaking Basic
  • Technology level: They have no known technology and use the tech available to the wider galaxy to get around.
  • Religion/Beliefs: No known belief system
  • General behavior: There isn't a family mentality to the Symkasis as the "parent" spawns a "child", which has most of the memories of the parent so enters the world at a near adult stage. From there, the child is left to be self-sufficient. Their intelligence and high abilities in hunting and killing organisms means that they can track their prey for days. With no need to sleep or drink, they often quickly catch up to their prey and kill them. Due to their once God worshipping lifestyle, the Symkasis have never built anything, buildings or technology. Weapons have always been useless to them as they can recreate such devices on the limbs, if they know the ins and outs of how the weapon fires. While exploring isn't their reason for travelling, having no home world and most of the species having heighten blood lust, they do end up travelling and visiting new worlds.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION

Symkasisui are an ancient life form, whose origins are unknown, this is due to most who have seen one have even been consumed or too traumatised to talk about them. However, in later years there has been successful captures and even occasional willing volunteers to talk. It is now known that they came from a planet, which name is lost through time. However, after a great explosion the world was shattered with meteors and meteorites being sent in all different directions throughout the galaxy. Often when these meteors/rites crash onto another planet, a sentient liquid-like puddle comes from it.

This is how most Symkasisui were discovered at first. From this puddle the beings would consume the first living organism they located and were then able to shift their bodies into similar frames of the organism they consumed. From there they could communicate better with humanoids and then consume their bodies. Due to their early discovers coming from the skies, plenty of primitive races believed them to be Gods, especially as they were harder to kill than other species. However, when technology create and sonic weapons were created, it was discovered to surprise of all that the Symkasisui were highly susceptible to sonic attacks and could be weakened or even killed from it.

Due to low numbers although, it is almost unheard of that anyone has successfully killed one. Due to many scientists wanting to examine the Symkasisui when living. One reason for this is because the composite of their body is unique, being a liquid but can also be solid at will. Another is to create a weapon to kill the species as Red Symkasisui are rumoured to have slaughtered entire species into extinction due to their high blood lust, although these rumours were back when most species were in a more primal civilisation. However, there have been friendlier members of the species, although these are usually Green or Purple Symkasisui. It is also known in the past for incredibly rich yet crazed dictators to keep Black Symkasisui as pets. Purple Symkasisui are more feminine in shape and in the tone of their voices, they also have the potential to be more intelligence than the other races, or at least more intelligent outside the art of killing. Green Symkasisui are the only ones who struggle with the balance of trying to step out of the primal urge to consume others and interact with the greater world. While Red and Black Symkasisui seem happy to live their lives consuming and destroying all they meet, Red Symkasisui especially thriving in that environment, however they do show signs of high intelligence, they just don't use it the same way as Green and Purple Symkasisui

At the moment there is suspected to be around 100-200 Symkasisui living in the galaxy, however this is hard to confirm as they are so spread out and could be living in space on a moving meteor.

Hi! So, I read through the submission and I have a few keypoints I noticed.

Yuroic Xeraic said:
Difficult to kill
So, the primary concern I have here is just how 'difficult to kill' they are. Much of the submission seems to speak leagues about their supposed endurance and resistance to general ideas of damage, and even sonic weapons are known to just weaken them. What exactly happens when they are weakened besides losing the ability to shift for a short time?

Simply put, I'm not willing to put a species into existence that seems somewhat unkillable. While they can certainly be resistance to plenty of things, we don't need too many more Gen'Dai species running around. (Not to say you can't have something still very durable.)

Yuroic Xeraic said:
Able to morph limbs into weapons
How strong would you say the weapons they can make are? There isn't any real mention of just how comparable their natural occuring weapons are, so I'd like some more information on this.

Yuroic Xeraic said:
Another is to create a weapon to kill the species as Red Symkasisui are renown for slaughtering entire species into extinction due to their high blood lust.
Once more, the idea that out of 200 members of the species, they can drive entire other species into extinction seems a bit overboard. Not to say being rumored to do such is bad, just the wording seems to play into something that could possibly be abused, depending how much of the submission goes.

Yuroic Xeraic said:
General behavior: [Describe general behaviors such as: family life, values, how they raise their young, how they find mates, how they interact with the world and other species around them. Do they hunt? Do they build? Are they inventors? Are they explorers? Are they nocturnal or diurnal? Do they attend schools? Etc, etc. ]
Lastly, I do need you to fill out this section. Perhaps going into detail how each color of the species works and what they are capable of in a personality sense. What makes them unique to eachother, rather than all one big blob, if that makes sense.

If you have any questions, feel free to tag me. Otherwise, tag me when you've revised it!

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Yuroic Xeraic said:
Highly weak to sonic attacks. Often can kill them or leave them unable to morph from natural state for extend periods Susceptible to toxins if their food is injected with them.
As this states that the sonic attacks can kill them and they can be poisoned to death I figured that there would be some tolerance to the fact as a liquid species standard blasters and melee weapons would not kill them, however do state that they feel the pain of such attacks as anyone else would.

Yuroic Xeraic said:
This makes it difficult for standard blaster bolts, melee weapons and even lightsabers to do damage. However they still feel pain when they are hit.

Yuroic Xeraic said:
Races: Different races are suspected, the different colours seem to signify a different in race. Green Symkasisui tend to be calmer, although still bloodthirsty; black have been known to be larger and more animal-like creatures while red are the most feared in the thought of being insatiably bloodthirsty. Purple show signs of higher than average intelligence and the more feminine of the others.
Is this not enough of a racial difference? I mean within each of the races the individuals are supposedly similar however, I have stated how the different colours tend to make the races attack.

Added some of the suggestions while, leaving others till you check the points I've made on others.

[member="The Slave"]

In truth, I would say the only thing that it would be nigh impossible to harm the creature with would be melee weapons in themselves, however the lightsaber and blaster could both 'evaporate' the creature. Consider taking out both of those resistances for a bit more balance, as a creature that can already be split and survive using both ends, nigh impossible to kill with standard kinetic forces (Slugs/Melee Weapons), and only viably hurt by energy weapons (Blasters/Lightsaber). And when it can harden to create a shield, it could very well polarize that, making the solid parts of the creature able to resist energy weapons and have a weakness to slugs and such; a shatterpoint in a sense.

If not that, there needs to be far more weaknesses to the race itself to help balance out the extreme endurance. Take it how you will, of course.

As far as the race things, that is alright; I simply meant when defining them in the section that was not defined as of yes.

Another question I didn't bring up in the original response as well, but what keeps them low in numbers? If they produce asexually, and only require large amounts of food, yet are known to kill whole species; would it not be easily implied they could seperate endlessly as they continued to consume?

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

[member="The Slave"]

Issue I have with this is that, although I state they can survive being split in half, they are weaken by being in half. They are reduced in size and weaken. And yes, standard blasters and melee attacks don't kill them it pains them in the same intensity that another species would feel. So yes, being resistant to melee attacks does make them powerful. If one was to separate the parts of the species and not allow them to join the parts together then they won't be able do any damage. I did state this, in the original post. So while, I understand the concern in making the species too powerful, I would argue that there is already enough weaknesses. The species is highly weak to sonic attacks, they can be poisoned, once separated it can take a while to reform (a fact I have now included, lightsaber and energy attacks mean that is not instant repair, nor was that the idea with melee.) and when separated they cannot survive and consume in the same manner that they would once fully formed.

While they can reproduce asexually, it isn't till later in years. Something I have added since you mentioned that and it isn't based on consuming other beings. They just grow bigger, similar to when a cell divides, it grows in size to later separate into two cells.

Yuroic Xeraic said:
If one was to separate the parts of the species and not allow them to join the parts together then they won't be able do any damage.
If you're dedicated to the idea, then I'm going to ask for more detail on how quickly the creatures can come back together, how exactly the entire process works, and more. Overall, explain the details of how their regeneration works and we can go from there.

Keep in mind, while have an exceptional weakness to Sonic weaponry is a good weakness, this is going to require weaknesses to other things besides poison.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom