Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The spire stood like a monolith above the vast junk piles of the world below... the last time she had been here she had still considered Alderaan as a home - since that time though she had found herself burdened with a myriad of other responsibilities - and now with war on the horizon she found herself returning to this place. Taking a sip from her glass, she remained silent, her golden hues peering out across the horizon as she looked down at the open courtyard below. A smirk grew upon her lips as she watched workers doing their best to get the latest prototype working, though with every failure meant progress.

With her attention still forward, her ears perked up, the door to her office hissing open softly. Watching the reflection upon the window, she nodded quietly towards the six armed droid, her personal assistant. Taking another sip from her glass, she set it down on the desk as she turned upon her back foot.

"Send him in..."

"Yes Ma'am..."

The Nartaki droid would turn back into the outer waiting room, its six arms coming together as it bowed.

"She'll see you now sir."

The droid would slowly stand tall once more, three of its arms motioning towards the open door - only closing the door behind the man once he stepped inside - leaving him alone with the woman. Looking down at her table, she then looked back up before offering a bow of her head. Taking a deep breath, she stepped forward, her hand motioning towards the large couch in the room.

"How might I help you today your highness?"

[member="Veiere Arenais"]

Attahox, it was his first time visiting the world though now with rather more time on his hands and his focus being pulled back to solely fixate on the Systems Alliance's needs, he had come to visit [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"] in one of her listed facilities across their technical database. Among some of the renowned manufacturers for their military industry, Amelia had also taken up a rather considerable amount of duties within the government roster itself; now while Veiere had the time to schedule a few much needed errands, he had found the time to seek her out both to gain a better understanding of what it was she did while outside of Commenori responsibilities and also to see if there wasn't something the world of trade could do for her.

"Amelia..." He bowed his head briefly in greeting, his gaze turning momentarily to watch the doors close shut behind him before moving on further into her office and gazing around the place most studiously. "So this is where you hide away is it" He smiled faintly, the remark made in good humor rather than at any expense of hers. "You'll have to forgive my wife but she's dealing with business back home. I felt I ought to come and see you personally for both of our sakes...".

"There's a number of things I'm sure we can learn from one another. I'm curious as to how the Systems Alliance might be of service to you and vice-versa, what you can further provide for us that we are better able to defend our worlds. Rumors are busy these days and tensions appear to be growing. Always we look to watch over our own and thus far your aid has been most appreciated...".

"It is one of many locations given how I've come to resettle Sorenn-Syrush Industries within the territories held by the Commenor Systems Alliance..."

Moving towards the wall, she pressed her hand against it slightly, revealing a cabinet of drinks hidden behind the false panel. Slowly she pulled a crystal decanter from where it rest in its ice bath, followed by a tall glass as she set the two on the table. Pulling the stopper from the decanter, she poured the sanguine liquid into the wine glass before resealing the vessel.

"I would offer you some of this drink, though I believe you would find it not to your liking... however."

She motioned towards the cabinet, permitting him to decide which he would like for himself as she sunk down into one of the chairs. Cradling the glass in her hand, she took a sip of the liquid, a soft smirk crossing her lips to reveal the hint of the fang. Crossing her legs one over the other, she was just as relaxed in her armor as she would be in any gown.

"I understand perfectly, after all we can't expect a woman whom is expecting to travel the galaxy... or has your wife already given birth? Though if you would prefer to get to business as your inquiry suggests, it is simple as to how the CSA can aid me further in return for my service... investment."

Moving across to the cabinet [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"] had gestured to, he looked upon the assortment of bottles and flasks, some much flasher than usual holding a liquid a dark red in color; his first thought moved to a red wine though in response to her remark as to his preference, he soon resigned himself to the typical golden drop that was a familiar make of whiskey, pouring himself a glass and soon lifting it in toast to his hostess, retreating to find himself a seat.

"Kay's doing well, though yes travel and business in general has had to be swept aside for the sake of her pregnancy. She's a week or two out from her expected birth so this will be my last venture away from home" Veiere smiled, happy in all honesty to be talking casually with Amelia rather than being sucked in by the politics and typical affairs that came with his place as supposed royalty. Lifting his left leg to rest up upon his right, he leaned back further into his seat, his gaze sweeping the room around them in a moment of curiosity.

"Sorenn-Syrush has the full support of the Systems Alliance, Amelia" he added, his tone clear and confident within her company and their mutual benefits between shared business; "We're grateful for your support and the production you've been able to supply us. Financial investment's not an issue, we will be happy to have our Minister of Finance work with your people should you wish for more details though I'm afraid I leave that job for better minded people...-My word is the word of Commenor, but our finances...-It's a complicated matter and it's best you deal with them in person. Have your people contact ours in Chasin City and we can relay between one another..." He waved his hand somewhat dismissively of the affair, his worries for Amelia's organization were slim to none and he had come to know her enough now to feel confident in their ability to support one another.

"Did you have a specific project in mind, something that goes above the ordinary product you wish us to back?".

"A Corporation... one whose foundation was being lain while I was still in Alderaan..."

She paused for a moment, the memories flooding into her mind as she took a sip of her glass. Her grip held the glass a bit more firmly, and for a moment her golden hues seemed to shimmer to a vibrant blue before she regained her composure. Setting the glass down and leaning back into her seat, she brought her hands together to rest on her knees as she let out a soft sigh.

"Before I came to the Commenor Systems Alliance, I was working with those in the Free Worlds Coalition to develop and found a new corporation. However it would seem that the much more welcoming Commenor will be the one to reap the benefits of such a founding."

With a moment, she closed her eyes, clearing her throat slightly before her golden hues fell upon the King of Commenor once more. Though she had half the mind to do so, she figured it would be best not to lay on the charm and attempt the seduction of the King - after all - what would Kay think at such a brazen attempt? Bringing one hand up to motion at the office around them, and towards the various rooms outside of the office she leaned forward slightly.

"Sorenn-Syrush Armor Workshop, a corporation to specialize in the sole creation of ground side and limited air speeder production."

Veiere Arenais wasn't the most experience when it came to those of the Free Worlds Coalition, aside from his wife's mistrust over one of their leading ladies, the Commenor Systems Alliance held no real relations with the neighboring territories. While they were all caught up in a cluster of political bodies of power near to the Core-Worlds, the Systems Alliance had thus far managed to remain focused upon it's own worlds and the millions of people under their care as opposed to those so focused on grand expansion and dealing in business not of their own.

"To my knowledge, Sorenn-Syrush Industries has already supplied some small arms and essentials towards our military's ability to defend the worlds around Commenor and the people therein" Veiere responded casually, his eyes crossing the room around them in a faint sense of intrigue whilst speaking on the matter of [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"]'s recent priorities; he was always glad to talk business with those willing to go the distance to provide for their people, after all, the strength of their military meant the strength of their people and the continuation of healthy and provincial living under their government's orchestration.

"We're fortunately not without our toys, so to speak" Veiere mused, shifting his attention back to Amelia and leaning back within his seat in order to make himself further comfortable showing little intent to speed their meeting along. This being a new environment and one that with a bit of an eye for detail and decor, spoke subtly for the nature of his host, insight that Veiere often took care to note in those he worked closely with. "Raxis Mercenary and Independent Arms seem to provide the majority of our military assets thus far, though I will forward you a list of your competitors if you'd wish. I'm rather curious what you're offering that many of your competitors cannot" he smiled, it wasn't a remark made out of malice nor threat at all but rather a play on negotiation and a test to see whether she would bite, so to speak.

"Loyalty..."

She spoke bluntly as she leaned back in her seat, taking another sip from her glass and setting it down with a soft sigh. Her golden hues settled upon the King, locking with the male's eyes as she brought her hands together again and rest them upon her knee. It was a simple enough concept and surely it was something that many of her competitors more than likely weren't willing to give in return for the boons such a thought could produce.

"Sorenn-Syrush Industries and all of its Subsidiaries and holdings are offering Loyalty to the Crown of Commenor, House Arenais, and Commenor itself. Though many of our products are sold across the galaxy and we've even lifted our previous ban on the sales of our stock to such governments as the First Order and the Sith, we shall ensure that our stock is always available to Commenor and her allies."

Reaching forward, she pressed the side of the glass coffee table between them, the holoprojector within lighting up. The blue light flickering for a moment before bathing much of the room in the dull hue as she leaned back - the image slowly rotating - the rifle now slowly showing its construction and design. It was one of the latest weapons in the SSI arsenal, and it was one for a very specific purpose.

"This is the SSI Commenor Series I Blaster Rifle, specifically for use by the military forces of Commenor and only Commenor. Production is already underway with the initial shipments expected to reach military bases throughout CSA space in the coming weeks. My position as the Owner of SSI as well as my Government positions ensure that the company and the military of the CSA can work hand in hand."

Veiere Arenais lifted his head slightly as the hologram flickered into life and displayed the slowly rotating SSI Commenor Series I Blaster Rifle. [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"]'s response amused him lightly, loyalty was something that Commenor and her Allied Systems certainly admired and held close to heart of the Trade-World, yet it didn't save lives nor fight wars alone; such was fortunately why Veiere's smile widened at the sight of the Military Carbine, nodding slowly in evidence of his approval, eyes glancing through the opaque image to that of Amelia in recognition of a game well played thus far.

"Your loyalties not in question here Amelia..." Veiere responded placidly, taking for a moment a temporary break in the nature of their conversation to touch upon her position personally; "[member="Lady Kay"] and myself both trust in your judgement enough to take you into Government" he lifted his left hand to over a dismissive wave in small and civil gesture. The news of this rifle reaching military hands within the coming weeks was also a boon that Veiere could appreciate, mostly due to the growing war being waged across the galaxy, the Imperialists and those favoring democratic leadership clashing violent against one another, sporting old rivalries that seemed to have never been forgiven.

"What kind of Planetary defenses do you offer, if I might ask Amelia...-I realize you don't take much stock in the make of vessels and the like but were we to commission your company to erect orbital emplacements around the outskirts of Chasin City for example, would this be something you were able to provide for us ?".

It was true that at that moment Sorenn-Syrush Industries wasn't in the shipwright business, though it was a failing that was to be rectified soon enough with all the planning and expansions that she envisioned in the future. Tying her company into the military and partnering it with her positions would ensure that products would reach the CSA military much quicker than they would any regular consumer. Thus when it was brought up the question of planetary defense, a soft smirk tugged at the edge of her lips. A hint of her fang revealing as she leaned forward.

Carefully she pressed on the holographic keypad that appeared on the table, the various files and designs designations showing in a long list as she slowly scrolled through them. Her eyes seemed to light up when she found what she was looking forward, her finger pressing lightly to pull up the design. The image shifted, flickering for a moment from the rifle before it revealed a much larger weapon.

"This is the SSI Guardian EX Mark I, a planetary defense cannon capable of firing a Tungsten Carbide hardened Depleted Uranium Slug into high orbit of the world that it is protecting. It is currently the largest weapon that Sorenn-Syrush Industries manufactures and even then we've not sold a single unit yet due to its price and its capabilities. Our listings mark it as forbidden to the public and through government contract only."

Amelia slowly leaned back, her slender fingers wrapping around her glass as she did before taking a sip. Savoring the last drops of the sanguine liquid, she placed the crystal glass down. Her hand slipping over the table again as a second image pulled up, the image of the tower that the two were currently residing in as she watched the progress of the construction.

"Once this facility is finished, it shall utilize the scrap that has collected on Attahox in the design of military vehicles. Sorenn-Syrush Industries is looking towards expanding into multiple venues to ensure that Commenor will remain standing when this Galactic War comes to a close."

"This is quite impressive, Amelia..."

Veiere remarked on the Guardian EX Mark I, the Planetary defensive cannon that looked every bit the type of installation that Commenor truthfully lacked when it came to his first thoughts upon the Capital's need to defend itself from invasion forces.

"How many of these can you have mass produced at a time, I'm telling you right now that Commenor would benefit greatly from these weapons...", there was no need to take things slowly with regard to such a commission being put into place, his usual wish to include his wife [member="Lady Kay"] in such decisions wasn't required here where he knew that she would approve of their better chances in protecting their people and providing a safe harbor for those fleeing from the rest of the Galaxies waged turmoil for the war that was taking place in those days.

"How many others do you supply if I can ask?" He soon added upon the thought that she might be doing alright considering the demand for such weapons of destruction, mass or not; "Do you offer these products to the Imperials or the Galactic Alliance. I imagine the Silver Jedi Order would be interested in this sort of defensive station as well...".

"Multiple installations at one time would cause a great deal of problems your highness. Even with a purchase made, we'd only be able to have one of these weapons under construction at a time, at the most two and even then that would be pushing the safety and crews to the limit."

Amelia spoke bluntly, it was true - that while such a weapon would be more than capable of providing Commenor with the defense that it needed - the sheer size of the weapon meant that it wouldn't be able to be mass produced in any sufficient means. With a heavy sigh she pulled herself up from her seat, moving towards the cabinet again as she pulled the crystal decanter from its place. Holding it firmly, she returned to the table, slowly pouring the sanguine liquid into her glass as she looked back towards the king.

"None have purchased this weapon yet; Commenor will be the first. Though in the terms of whom we supply..."

She set the crystal decanter down as she carefully plucked her glass from its resting place. Once more slipping down into her seat, she took a long sip, her golden hues focused upon her esteemed guest. Slowly crossing her legs one over the other, she set the glass down as her other hand came to rest upon her knee.

"There was a time during our residency within the Free Worlds Coalition that we considered not offering our services to the First Order or Sith, though that was more due to Alderaan than anything..."

She paused, the thought of the homeworld of her adoptive house brought a slight pain to her heart before she focused back towards the current conversation.

"It has thus in more recent times been the policy of Sorenn-Syrush Industries to not bar sell of our goods to anyone unless otherwise noted, in example this weapon is only provided towards governments. I understand however that it is the policy of certain companies to only sell to specific organizations, such as; as you've put it, the Imperials or Galactic Alliance."

"I've not had a great deal of experience in regards to the Free Worlds Coalition..." he responded, his right hand running through his beard thoughtfully as he sat opposite to [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"] thinking upon her words, past associations and consumers.

"They do seem to hold similarities to the Systems Alliance, though we don't have a great deal of trade or political business with them. I believe they're strongly attached to the Galactic Alliance as far as their loyalties go and perhaps that could explain why we are distanced, given our friends in the Imperials and other less than encouraging peoples..." they associations to the Sith and other followers of the Dark side of the Force seemed to be discouraging indeed to those of the Alliance and the Silver Order, most understandably though too only further encouraged to deny the Systems Alliance the inclusion of politics due to their lack of obligations to the war efforts of their neighbors for the sake of neutrality and fair discourse.

"Sooner or later war is going to be upon us too and I need to bring about an army capable of defending our people and if needs be, taking the fight to others should they give us the incentive. Commenor has earned itself no friends due to our hope of remaining nuetral, in open discussion and positive standing with all. [member="Lady Kay"] and I, I fear have unfortunately worked against our own goals for the Systems Alliance and crippled her through our inaction and lack of assistance to those around us. Sooner of later sides may need to be taken and while our ground forces are adequete to defend Commenor and her immediate systems surrounding, I fear we will be over taken if we do not change...".

"My closing question would be put to you in what your Company might do for us in this regard. I'm willing to finance your people through my own means if that's what it takes to enable you to better commit to Commenor's interests...-And to mine".

"The Free Worlds Coalition has promise, though I feel that Alderaan itself is being led down a road it may not survive if the current Monarchy remains in power... however such thoughts are not proper in the current company..."

Amelia said with a soft sigh, her hand bringing her glass up as she took another sip before returning it to rest upon the table before her. Eyelids fluttered shut for a moment as she took in a deep breath, refocusing her thoughts and attention upon the here and now rather than her thoughts of Alderaan. With a soft smile tugging upon her lips, the hint of her fangs showing once more as her eyes slowly opened. Bringing her hands up, they clasped together and came to rest upon her knee.

"It is simple as to what Sorenn-Syrush Industries can do for you and the Commenor Systems Alliance..."

She lowered her head for a moment, closing her eyes again and collecting her thoughts. With her attention slowly falling upon the King once more, that devilish grin of hers seemed to grow. It was no secret that she had her own plans and visions of the future, for when one could live as long as she and one-hundred years was merely a blink, time to think was always on hand.

"Sorenn-Syrush Industries will become a Corporation purely for the Commenor Systems Alliance and in my own case, the Sorenn-Syrush Dynasty located in the Ishanna System. Every subsidiary, every manufacturing facility, every aspect of Sorenn-Syrush Industries will be turned to aid the Commenor Systems Alliance and ensure that it can weather this oncoming storm. While we will still manufacture some products for the galaxy at large - the bulk of our manufacturing will come to rest in the hands of the CSA."

Reaching for her glass and bringing it back up to her lips, she kept her attention forward. Slowly setting the glass down as she leaned forward, she motioned with her hand.

"Starting with this facility. Upon its completion, Sorenn-Syrush Armor Worskshop will being producing vehicles for the CSA to further defend those worlds under its case. Likewise; my other endeavor of Sorenn-Syrush Fleet Ordnance will begin producing vessels for the CSA Navy - though I do have a proposal on that front."

Her eyebrow arched up slightly as she leaned back, her hands coming together once more to rest upon her knees. Keeping her eyes locked upon the King, her mind was focused upon one singular thing... the future of the Commenor Systems Alliance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom