Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Swords at Dawn

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si
Outfit

Seven in the morning and a lovely sunny day on Coruscant, at least it was in the parts that got natural light. Thankfully the towering skyscraper that housed Si Tech's main office was positively gleaming. It made for a perfect beacon for Ayana, or Laci Blackthorn as she was calling herself today. It wasn't like she was going to be able to use her real name on the homeworld of the New Jedi Order. "Laci" stepped through the door to Si Tech, not as opulent a palace as she expected. Most people who owned companied tried to flaunt their wealth in the front lobby of their buildings. Maybe this CEO was different from the others Ms. Blackthorn had met.

"Excuse me ma'am, do you have an appointment?" Asked the receptionist, who seemed a bit cautious of the undercover Imperial.

"Yes ma'am, the appointment is under Laci Blackthorn. I should be listed as Ms. Si's 7:30 appointment."

The receptionist nodded and began looking through the long list of appointments the young CEO had for the day. There she was, Laci Blackthorn, only something was off. There was no date for when the appointment was made. Suspicious as that was, the lady behind the computer just wrote it off as a glitch. The software around the office did have a tendency to bug out from time to time. "Very well Miss Blackthorn please take a seat. Ms. Si has a tendency to be fashionably late to morning appointments."

With the pleasantries firmly out of the way it was time to take a seat in the waiting area. Nothing to do now but hurry up and sit there. At least the connection in this place was really good. Laci could while away the time on her holopad just scrolling through the goings on of the galaxy. As she was looking through the news, she came across an article. "Breaking! Multiple planets under siege by Imperial forces!" was the headline she saw, she wished her creators could be a bit more tactful about their conquest. Of course she was going to read it, but she had to hide her feelings as she watched a video of multiple imperial ships around a single planet. Raining down fire on who knows what below.

"Such a shame..."

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

It wasn't often that Jonyna got appointments at her building. The property was still new, and Jonyna had a tendency to get lost within the halls. Part of her lamented breaking it off with Giran, he was much more suited to navigating the halls. Admittedly, she had been distracted by the news. Imps were at it again. She had half an instinct to go rogue and go on a hunt. But no, she'd follow the code. The predator would stay in it's cage.

Commissions were something Jonyna took very seriously. Not just the craft, but the vetting. She was very clear in her stance. She didn't make weapons for monsters. She didn't care who you were, if you were a bad person, you wouldn't get Si Tech gear. And if you managed to anyways, Jonyna would hunt you down. She was here to arm the good guys with the best weapons in the galaxy, not be an arms dealer.

Coming through the door, Jonyna smiled as she waved to the receptionist. "Hey Garna, how's your day been?"

"Oh! Um...good. Calls are backed up." The Cathar let out a cough.

"Oh don't worry about that. You can take a break if you want."

"Oh! Um...okay."

Jonyna looked to B/U-187 "Ayana" B/U-187 "Ayana" with a more unimpressed eye. "I take it you're the one who I have an appointment with?"

Most Imperial agents had at least heard rumors of the infamous Jonyna Si. She was considered an enemy of the state, and a particularly violent one at that. Yet here Ayana was in lion's den, most agents she knew would be sweating. For good reason, Jonyna was a liable to cut an Imperial open as talk to them. Ayana felt things were still under control as far as she could tell. Though judging by the cathar's face, she wasn't having any of this. That was fine by Ayana, the game wasn't as fun when the other player just rolled over.

"Why yes! I'm Laci, and I've come here to speak with you about a possible commission from you. I've heard that before opening Si Tech you were a skilled swordsmith. I am a bit of a sword enthusiast myself!"

It pained Ayana to put on such a perky and bubbly persona, especially first thing in the morning. Still, she held back her need to wretch with every sentence. Giving off as much of that positive cheerleader energy as she could muster. Feigning emotions was going to be a difficult task around a Jedi, they seemed to have a sixth sense about those sort of things. Imperial training would serve her well here, they had a whole course of how to handle these force mystics. Most of it was on avoidance, but one little tidbit stuck out. Jedi were easier to defeat the closer you got to them. Their kind nature was an exploitable weakness.

"So you must answer me one question miss Si. What's it like on Cathar? I have heard it's quite beautiful there. I happened to overhear some watercooler chatter form your employees that you just got back from there! Must be fun getting to travel the stars like that! Me I'm just stuck here on Coruscant."

A little small talk was a good way to test the waters of how to approach the conversation. Best to not dwell on the topic of business too long, too many questions. She was already cutting it close having a slicer get her forged records into the database. If she let too many questions slip out, that could be the end of Laci Blackthorn, and subsequently her life.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"...uh huh..." Jonyna didn't look entirely sold on the person's request. "Yeah, I can make you something. Cathar's fine, mostly same as it always is. Savannah and Jungle till the horizon. You should visit some time, get away from the cityscape. Follow me."

Jonyna led her into an office, though it certainly wasn't adorned like one. In favor of the sterile enviroment, the Cathar had strung up hanging lanterns for light, the curtains intentionally closed to keep out the feeling of living in a city scape. Her desk seemed to be made by the woman herself, cathar markings all over it. She sat in a chair made of much the same wood, offering "Laci" the same across from here.

"So what exactly do you want this sword for? I don't think Coruscant requires a lot of self defense, unless you're in the lower levels. Even then, call for a jedi." The Cathar didn't necessarily believe that, self defense was important to her. But she knew the game as well. She knew the type that wanted custom swords, and she knew the type to lie to her.

TAg: B/U-187 "Ayana" B/U-187 "Ayana"

The look of the office had Ayana positively dumbfounded. This was leagues better than the cold and sterile surroundings she was used to. The office felt like it was alive for a moment! Sure the wooden chair could use a cushion, but beyond that this place was awesome. "My my, someone has a passion for decorating! Why go to the jungle when you can bring the jungle inside?"

It wasn't but a few seconds after "Laci" sat down that the verbal checks began. Damn, no time to get her story straight. Time to hope that she could improvise something.

"You're very right, I have no true practical use for a sword. My interest in weapons is purely from a collectors standpoint. Which isn't to say I've never trained with a blade, only that I never never needed to draw one on someone."

Call a Jedi, on the lower levels? Was this catwoman serious? As if the prim and proper Jedi would be caught dead below the rich areas of the city. Then again, this particular Jedi seemed the hands on type. Best not to imagine what those hands were capable of. Lest one end up wrapped around her throat.

The longer she stayed in the office, the more the danger of her situation sank in. Being so deep in the enemy's midst was as enthralling as it was terrifying. Perhaps she should do this sort of thing more often. It could be fun to pal around with a Jedi, as long as her head stayed attached. Oh yes, there was a plan in there.

"You know I was told by the company I work for you didn't like business types. I think that's a lot of hot air if you ask me. I find were getting along famously! Perhaps after this whole sword project is done, we can get some coffee, or are you a cocktail sort of kitten?" Ayana gave a confident giggle, before pulling her sunglasses down for a playful wink.

Last edited:
AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"Maybe." The normally jovial jedi seemed all business right now. "If you're a collector, then why get your own custom blade? Or do you just want something decorative? I can easily make something a little less....functional, if you want."

Tag: B/U-187 "Ayana" B/U-187 "Ayana"

Damn, tough crowd... This Jedi was like a stone wall she couldn't quite crack. All business and zero give to any of Ayana's tactics. Was she always like this, or was it some kind of psyche out? If it was an attempt to throw her off her game, it was kind of working.

"I can see why my request is somewhat unorthodox, but this blade commission is something I have thought about quite a lot. I want a centerpiece to my collection. I already have historical blades and more modern example, I need something no one else can say they have. What I need is a blade made of Phrik."

There was a bit of silence after mentioning Phrik. It was a rare and expensive metal, though for her cost was no option. She'd already "borrowed" a great degree of imperial credits for this little commission. She'd simply need to convert them properly and she was home free!

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Jonyna raised an eyebrow. "Phrik is useful for a lot of things. Blocks lightsabers, for one. I hope you understand that I can't exactly go handing that kind of blade out to just anyone. To be able to combat a jedi, that's not something I'd give anyone outside of the order. Maybe if you showed me your collection, I could make something more fitting?"

"Laci" nearly bit off one of her perfectly manicured nails in frustration. This was the problem with making deals with Jedi. Their morals were often the biggest hurdles to overcome when talking to them. One of the main reasons she tried to avoid the traveling mystics when possible. Lest she start going prematurely gray.

"I did not expect to have to bring pictures of my collection, I have a few stored on my datapad though. How lucky am I?" Damnable force using cat, this wasn't in the plan. She had to dig through pictures from months ago. She was glad that the dark tint of her glasses could hide the rolling of her eyes. One thing crept into her mind. The pictures of her swords were all in the perfect white sterile surroundings of her quarters as the Imperial Security center.

Without thinking of the possible fallout, Ayana handed over her datapad. It was a dangerous move, but she had to do it. Two pictures were in the folder, each of a wall of different swords. Most were of Atrisian make, but dating back potentially hundreds of years. Another sword was a vibroblade that had to date back to the Old Republic era, given the styling and wear on the blade.

"I mostly collect Atrisian examples, but I am willing to see other makes of blade. I am very adamant that it has to be made of something exotic. I want a blade that no other collector has. Nothing as useless as gold or platinum. This has to be a blade able to go into battle."

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Well, that certainly wasn't what Ayana wanted to hear. Questions like that usually came with the unholstering of blasters. An accessory that the spy was currently lacking. Not that it would do much good against the Cathar anyway. No this would require tact over force.

"Well my father comes from Atrisia and my mother is from Coruscant. I actually have a small penthouse here in the city. Is there something the matter with the pictures? I do get odd looks for how I decorate, but I'm really into the minimalist aesthetic."

All she had to do was keep stringing the feline along just long enough to make it to the door. She'd been caught in a lie, but the net hadn't fully shut just yet. All she had to do was keep wiggling her way out, that shouldn't be too hard.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Feline eyes furrowed, before the sound of the door behind 'Laci' clicked, locking. "I don't believe you. I know that design. That's Imperial. No one else makes living quarters like those. I should know, I've blown up plenty of them." Jonyna stared down the supposed Imperial. "Now if you don't mind me, I'm going to make a few calls, understand? If you so much as move from that chair, I've got a blaster right under this desk, ready to put a hole in that pretty little face. Capisce?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom