Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swingin' Syvris

[member="Toby Extervia"]

Milo snorted, taking another long pull from his glass. He shook his head, setting the drink down heavily.
The young Miln was rather talkative, but whether that was the alcohol talking was up for debate.
"Two bit!" He scoffed, chuckling. "Yeah, well, maybe our tech isn't the best, but us Miln have never been pushovers. You've heard of the Galactic Empire? Palpatine's Empire? Yeah, we survived them, and not for lack of trying on their part. They-"
At Toby's words, though, Milo cut off his tirade, glancing around at the crowd.
Most of the patrons had turned their attention elsewhere, but Milo could see that at least a few were still staring rather intently at him. The rodentoid's strong danger sense tingled insistently, and he found himself unconsciously reaching inside his vest to finger the grip of his sidearm.
He frowned.
"You think so?"

Krenis Skirata

K
[member="Milo Tyranne"] [member="Toby Extervia"]

Krenis sat back and watched these other two interact. It was amusing, almost. The way they talked and chatted, until the smuggler mentioned being cautious. Krenis studied the room, analyzing every individual and member of hive minds he could find, analyzing the threat. He couldn't see one yet, except those studying the Miln. He could hardly blame them for that. He was a rather curious sight. But perhaps it was time to catch them off guard.

He leaned forward over his cup again, swirling the drink.

"Never heard of the Miln," His eyes darted from face to face as he spoke, "Tell me about your people."

Toby would remove the leather strap holding his revolver in place but not pick it up as he studied the room some more.

"Aye, storms a brewin. There after someone maybe not us but never be doubtful." he said quitly before turning to the old man who had decided to ask some questions.

Toby laughed "well there bloody rats that can drink eh?" he managed to get through laughing at his own joke obviously drunk.

[member="Krenis Skirata"]
[member="Milo Tyranne"]

[member="Toby Extervia"]
[member="Krenis Skirata"]

Milo blinked, hearing the grizzled human he had noted earlier speak up. Turning, he raised his eyebrows, and gave a smile back Toby's way.
"If anything happens, I can take care of myself. I've more than a few tricks up my vest, you'll find."
Not to mention I know they'll underestimate me; all these beings assume I'm drunk already.
He turned back to the human.
"Funny thing, y'know; most people don't bother to ask about my species. I guess you folks are so used to seeing aliens that one more you can't quite place isn't so big a deal."
He chuckled.
"But anyway, yeah, I'm a Miln; there aren't so many of us these days, at least compared to say, humans. My planet is in what you would call Wild Space."
He sipped his drink.
"Centuries back, we developed space travel; settled our own system with big orbital habitats and such. We're little people, but we have a big history."
The young Miln swiveled around to lean on the bar as he talked.
"By the time of what I believe were called the Clone Wars in the wider Galaxy, my people had colonized most of the stable gravitational points in our system, and were looking at some of the nearby star systems; I think you may have heard of us sooner, if what happened to us next had been prevented. I assume you know about the Galactic Empire, the entity which grew out of the Old Republic?"
He sighed, swirling what was left in his glass.
"They came to our home system looking for resources; we had never seen aliens before, so we gave them some concessions in our asteroid belt. We weren't a fighting people then; we had no idea what the Empire would do next.
"To make a very long story short, there were a few incidents, and before long, my people were fighting for their lives. Before that time, we didn't even know what a war was; we learned though, and it cost us a lot...
"The Empire nearly wiped us out, you see. They enacted Base Delta Zero on our planet, destroyed nearly all of our orbital colonies... and then they left. Out of a population of 10 billion, 15 million of us survived.
"Thankfully, the Empire left us alone after that; they never came back, for some reason. Good thing, too; it took centuries for us to rebuild, and we're still not there yet."
Milo grinned again.
"We're not 'advanced', as you people might figure things; getting bombarded back to subsistence level means that a lot of innovation gets put on the back-burner. About 50 years ago, though, we managed to figure out hyperdrive, and instead of having the Galaxy come to us, we're going to them."
He gestured to himself proudly.
"That's my job, basically. I go out and see what my people haven't yet."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom