Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sweat Upon Our Brow

A U R U M
Vur Tepe Forges

Standing in the blistering hot forges, I was already sweating profusely. Just standing here wanted to drain off of the hydration from my skin. Normally my first reaction to heat, was to walk away and to avoid it at all costs. Today was different. I was here to complete one of the first trials given to me. Vur Tepe. I was here to create something that would be force imbued. While I had talked to the Steward Ignis a few days ago about why I didn't really want to make a weapon, he told me that I didn't have to make a weapon. Specifically stating that anything that was imbued with the force would be considered good for the trial. Just as long as we completed it.

I was secretly thankful of that fact alone. I never really used any weapons. Sure I had a lightsaber shoto, but that was just a weapon given to me so if I had to face against someone who had the same weapon, I wouldn't be unarmed, or without armor to protect me. While Ignis stated that he would have helped me with my trial, he had to take a leave from the shop for his own trial that still needed to be completed. I thanked him for the help and talked to the Master of the Forge herself. Thorve Emberfall. The larger and more butch woman welcomed me with open arms to this idea. While I was still told to think about it, I had an idea on what I wanted to make. Not armor but a ring. Something to help with my force potential. However, I was given a time. A time to return with another student. No clue who this may be, but I welcomed the idea to work with someone else.

On the other hand, my nerves were all jumbled up with the idea of being around someone I had no clue about. Ignis seemed calm and welcoming, and Thorve only more so. With this new person, I had no clue how they would react. So, I waited for them. I had been here way too early. Sitting upon an empty anvil while Thorve worked on what looked to be a sword blank. Moving the material very quickly into the shape she desired before throwing it into the furnace once more.

Sitting there, sweating profusely in my set up of robed bottoms, a red sash, and my tight top with one shoulder piece. I had to keep adjusting the shoulder strap so it wouldn't get soaked with my sweat. This was the only reason I hated being a Melodie. The heat. It caused me to lose my hydration even faster than any other human like species. Taking my hand and wiping my brow, I awaited the other student who was to make something of their own design. I just wondered, what would I make, and how would it compare to others?

[member="Seamus Valik"],

Seamus Valik

S
He entered the forges and slowly looked around the area. This was his first time in this place and he was more than a little unsure of where to begin. The air was hot within the forge room, a dry unyielding heat and he knew immediately he would be unable to keep his normal clothing on without the force or being extremely uncomfortable. He walked calmly to a station and removed his outer shirt and set it on the bench. He then pulled of his gloves and set them beside the shirt. He would have to get used to either dealing with the psychokinesis giving him unwanted messages or control it properly at some point, it may as well be now.

He turned to look around again and finally noticed the young woman that already occupied the area. She was shorter than he was by a few inches. Her narrow frame gave the impression of grace even as she stood in place. She was beautiful, exotic beauty to be sure, and of a species he was unfamiliar with. It was possible she was near-human but not of a sort he had encountered.

He gave a friendly grin and waved a greeting before he began milling around the room for materials. He found metals and components for his project but in truth he hadn't settled on exactly what the project was. He was an investigator, he had been for several years now. It only made senses to him to make something of practical value for his area of expertise, but what he didn't know.

He decided to do what he always did when he didn't have the answers. He would meditate first. He hopped up on the bench and gave the woman another smile to try and make the sudden motion less awkward. He crossed his legs, as the heat caused sweat to bead and trickle from his face, neck and lean body. He folded his hands in his lap and began to clear his mind of all thoughts other than the force. He focused on the feeling deep inside of himself, a tether or thread that connected his life to the world around him and listened. He would just remain so until he felt what he should do.

@Ao'Kami

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom