Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Swarming Stingers (vibro knives)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: to create the vibro knives used by my char, and other similar wyrru or force sensitive characters
Image Source: N/A
Canon Link: yes
Permissions: N/A
Primary Source: Vibroknife

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: the Tok Tribe
Affiliation: Wyrru, closed market for non wyrru
Model: vibroknife
Modularity: no
Production: Mass-produced
Material: glasteel, vibroknife components

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: vibroknife
Size: small
Weight: light

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Come in packs of ten
  • Catering specifically to the wyrru, these knives are made to be wielded by the force, using six or seven at a time to swarm the opponent
  • The hilt of the blade is only 0.025 meters, and is not made to be wielded in a hand
  • average blades are around 0.15 m

STRENGTHS
Hide ‘n Seek these knives are thin and made of glasteel, making them hard to see with the naked eye. This helps to confuse the opponent, as it’s hard to hit one small thing you can’t see, much less seven or eight
Catch me if you can Due to their small size, they possess a greater agility than most knives,
Out of sight, Out of Mind Swarming Stingers are easy to conceal, even on wyrru who typically only wear decorated head dresses or body paint.

WEAKNESSES
Durability The Swarming Stingers are thin, making them a slashing weapon. If one were to try and thrust with it, they are almost positive to break.
Broken Shield While these weapons are an effective self defense tool, they are not made to block other melee weapons, and a direct strike from a strong enough hit could shatter them.
Status Quo like other vibro weapons, the Swarming Stingers react negatively to electric charges. Because of it’s small size, these knives are known to explode when exposed to electricity
Skill not Luck due to their shape, the swarming stingers require extensive training for those using it.

DESCRIPTION
Created by the Tok tribe, Swarming Stingers are a traditional wyrru weapon. They have no distinctive hilt, only a thin blunt end. The daggers are double edged, and the longest ones are only 0.3 meters, though the common length is 0.15 m. Made without a handle, Swarming Stingers are designed to be wielded by the force. Traditionally, six or seven are used at once, though masters of the form have been known to use up to twenty at a time.

They’re designed to be a subtle weapon, the only thing giving them away being the buzz of the vibration generator when turned on. Even then, it can be hard to pinpoint one buzz out of a swarm.

Though incapable of blocking, the knives are made instead to end a fight quickly, be it by death or incapacitation. Likewise, the skills of the wielder, specifically the use of the force, can reduce the danger of being struck by the opponents, as almost any melee weapon is, at some point, a physical thing.

While made as daggers, due to their chance to combust when hit by an eclectic charge, it is possible for someone to stab a knife into a person and hit it with an electric charge to make it explode. Although anyone trying would have to have exceedingly good aim as the weapon itself has no hilt, or they would have to hook it up to a device to do it for them. (changed)

Last edited:
Edits
I changed the affiliation from open to closed for non wyrru,
I adjusted the weaknesses, adding Skill not Luck to clarify that the weapon itself is unconventional and requires more training than regular knives.
Grammar mistakes were edited in Description
I added
or they would have to hook it up to a device to do it for them. (changed)}/QUOTE] to the last sentence to fill in a plot hole I discovered when rereading this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom