Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swamp Things (OS Dominion of Obredaan)

Objective: Finish up. Celebrate
Allies: OS
Enemies: The Smell!
Finally... it was done.. The final etchings and details of the Monoliths was finished. The Temple and Colosseum and Arboreum had been finalized.
"Workers and Soldiers! we have Finished the Sith Sanctum of Obredaan." His revelations sparked cheers and wine and drinks for all present. "Now if only we could make it more inhospitable?" Laughter broke out of the Irony. This place and the Temple Under the Acid Laze was a Beauty to behold, it was however extremely deadly everywhere, The Colosseum was completely see through and one could not even know for sure the Elevations. It was like fighting in an Invisible bubble. Moving to the Arboreum who had Bookshelves of Sith Knowledge everywhere was also home to many Acidic pools and benches of meditation and reading, it also was the main source of Oxygen as the massive room was by all accounts massive and it's air Fresh and Welcoming.

The Temple itself was made of Great Stones and erected in the Image and Legend of King Adas and beheld a mighty Statue of Animus Malgus as the Founder and Creator of this place. It's eyes in pure gemstones and it's body in white stone carvings. More of all the temple wuld be fleshed out and finished.

OOC: In the Location Submission!​

Objective: 1 (Escape the Mines)
Allies: None
Enemies: Sith, [member="Durza the Zealous"]

Yep, Vynn decided as he suddenly found himself staring up at the ceiling. He was definitely frakked.

It had all happened so fast. His blaster bolts had bounced clean off the energy shield; it was a good thing the cyborg was so kriffing tall, or they might have rebounded right into his own face. Then it had moved impossibly fast, bringing its hand down to intercept his shotgun blast in the miliseconds between the trigger pull and the impact. The stored kinetic energy had been launched back at Vynn, knocking him back into the platform's railing hard enough to dent it and then over the edge onto the cavern floor below.

He was way out of his league; neither of his weapons could even scratch that thing. And then, while stars were still dancing in front of his eyes from the impact, the Sith arrived, lightsabers blazing in the dark as they cut down the cyborg Jin'ha. Whichever side won, he knew, would tear him apart next. Still under the effects of his nullicaine pill, the smuggler managed to pull himself to his feet once more. At least they were focused on each other for now. The terminal, though, was a no-go; it looked like the cyborgs had destroyed it.

And then Vynn got an idea. A lunatic's idea, but the only one he could come up with to get out of that dark and poisonous place, so he wasn't going to be picky. He ran across the cavern floor, gathering speed for a flying leap, and jumped for one of the mining hovercrates. It was not the most gallant of steeds, but in the absence of an actual turbolift it was the only thing left in the mines that could carry a significant weight straight up. Tapping on the control panel and leaning to steer, Vynn guided it toward the nearest vertical shaft.

All he had to do was hold on until it reached the top level. And not get cyborg-ed or Sith-ed.

Objective: 1, 4
Galactic grid: K-6
Allies: The one sith, [member="Darth Mythos"], [member="Kida Ravos"], [member="Mullarus"], [member="Lord Ajihad"], [member="Kinsey Starchaser"], [member="Naga Itesak"], [member="Sage Bane"], [member="Lucas Gravois"] [member="Isamu Baelor"]
Enemies: [member="Durza the Zealous"]
Unknown: [member="Vynn Tranikor"]
6/20

T'zanith aimed his rifle at the Jin'ha and let loose two plasma bolts into the chest of two of the damn things. As he looked around him he had to wonder what the surface thoughts of both [member="Vynn Tranikor"] and [member="Durza the Zealous"] were about. He was alone, holding a rifle and not another sith or lit lightsaber in sight. It baffled him and he began to think both were severely psychotic or at least that the fumes had given them severe brain damage.
"Get out of here!" He yelled to Vynn but as he looked at him he saw that the man was straddling a hovercrate and going into one of the vertical mine-shafts that came into the chamber. 'well despite his psychosis he seems to know when to get out of the way at least.' He thought before he let loose a burst of Bolts at the encroaching Jin'ha, a few he hit but with others the shots missed by a mile. Closer and closer they crept towards him and he had to take a few steps back but as he saw that despicable thing, the necropsi begin to leave the chamber, in a cowards attempt to get away for what he had done. T'zanith aimed the rifle towards him, set it on full automatic and let loose the remainder of the rifles clip.
Three shots of that barrage came in contact with the Necropsi but it's Verpine shield took the two that hit it and bounced them away while the third simply shot passed his head. With that T'zanith felt a rush of failure wash over him, he hadn't been able to stop that thing from getting out of the Mine-shaft by himself and as he snapped out of it Jin'ha came and grabbed at the robes adorning his hips in an attempt to drag him down. They were soon met with the butt of his rifle as hard as he could into the things face, another got the entire body of the rifle smashed so hard into it's face it nearly cracked before it flew out of T'zanith's hands.
"DAMN IT!" He screamed out as he drained the amulet around his neck of any energy it had to offer and bathed the Chamber in a lightning and fire infused force repulse. The wave of electrical and fire infused energy washed over the area and scorched or shocked everything in it's path rendering the instruments in the room useless and scorched as well as frying the nano tech inside the Jin'ha. The room was awash in an electrical firestorm and in it's middle the angry Sith knight expending his energy in his anger, howling out his fury in a roar.
Once it was done and the scorched bodies of the Jin'ha littered the ground around him, T'zanith fell down to his knees, nearly spent and panting as he held himself aloft with his arms against the ground. He didn't know why he had felt a need to stop and end the necropsi right then and there, in fact to him it seemed like quite a jedi thing to do but he couldn't ignore the palpable sense of dread the future held with the Necrospi man, if that indeed was what it was, loose upon the galaxy.
With a hand up to the side of his helmet he contacted the sith forces. "If you see a civilian riding a hovercrate let him through, kill anything else." He commanded before he fell back against the ground, his chest heaving up and down as he caught his breath.

Objective: Calm Mullarus down and/or make it worse and get some o' that cortosis, yo'
Allies: [member="Mullarus"]

She zoned out on the second word of his first sentence. Blue-eyes widened as he got closer. Hand came up to mimic a talking mouth. "Blah-blah-blah, so you're scared. I get it. It's okay. But chill."

tumblr_inline_mpt45xbh6b1qz4rgp.gif

The pad of her index finger reached up and lightly tapped the tip of his nose - covered or uncovered - rebreather or not. "You're cute, you know that?" She stepped away again and plucked off some materials from the side of the shaft that looked like cortosis. "But I'm down for working together. Rest at ease, Mully. We can exchange comm numbers when this is all done and gossip about our masters together."

The ceiling rumbled behind them and with a loud crack, the way they had come became buried, flooding their section in a wall of dust and debris.

Objective 1: Chill?! That's not what Sith do!
Allies: Kinsey Starchaser | One Sith
Enemies: Kinsey's attitude and personality
7/20

Ch-Chill?! Passion is the Sith way, you little-

Mullarus held back his frustration. He had made it plainly clear he had no intent to see her harmed. It would be far worse if he had done the harming.

"You're cute, you know that?"

What?

"We can exchange comm numbers when this is all done"

"What?"

"Mully"

"I-Is this some kind of joke to you?! Some kind of...fun field trip!?"

That was when the cave caved in, drowning out all light and surrounding the pair in darkness. Mullarus growled deeply with frustration, taking his training lightsaber from his belt and igniting it, lighting the way with the crimson blade. It was the Jedi way to conceal emotion and feel nothing, so he did not. He took his frustration and held it in, but did not let it go. He held it in his fist, clenched firmly at his side. "Y-you know what? Yeah, fine. Let's do that. While we're at it, let's go have some ithorian wine at the nearest café, too! Then go see a movie at the cinema! Fine! Feth it! Let's just find some cortosis to bring back to Lord Bane first before I rip the cortosis out of these walls with my bare hands and beat myself over the head with it!" Mullarus spouted out the italicized parts with intense sarcasm. Whether Kinsey would take it seriously or not was up to her.

{2/20}
Objective: 1, Mine
Nearby: NPC Squad

When the first guard came into view the ghost paused, halting, still in the darkness. As shimmery as her blue form was, 'twas not enough for her to be seen. Her advantage- that of surprise- was still in play. Keeping it, however, wouldn't be as easy as she had hoped. Another soldier soon appeared behind the first, likely doing rounds. If Nyx was going to avoid alerting the others she'd have to time her next move carefully. And so the figure slipped back into full cover. While the men hadn't spotted her, there was still a chance, however small, that they would if she stayed in view for too long.

Once her position was secure she began to reach out with the force, searching for the signatures left by her enemies. It didn't take long for her to lock onto the specks. For a moment the two stayed still, watching the darkness together, knowing that the Imperials were going to come. They simply didn't know that one was already there. Another second passed, and then the second man murmured a farewell, turned, then walked back into the rocky 'hallway'. Once Nyx was sure that he was far enough gone she executed the next phase of her plan:

Peeking her head around the corner she made visual contact before once again reaching out with the force, this time latching onto a rock the size of her fist. The memory of the last time she did such gave her enough emotion to send it flying, shooting forward, right into the neck of the guard, easily crushing his windpipe.

With a smirk she continued on, ready for her next opponent...

[member="Darth Mythos"]

Kida saw the initial fear and uncertainty within Mythos' gaze when he turned to face her and the felled beast, and shied back some with a whimper. Did he not like who she was? Would he leave her too like everybody else? There were no daux-cats around here, none of her kin', and if he left then so too would Groom. The child growled, still in her animal form, even when the man seemed to shake himself into a realisation that nothing had changed and came over to pet her.

When he wandered off to continue the construction, she yapped at Groom and the pair set back off through the swamp. Truth be told, other than scaring off the smaller beasts, and obviously handling themselves with the larger ones, Kida wasn't being all that helpful with the project. But what more could be expected of an eight year old feral child? Prowling back to the waters edge she sat just shy of the shore and allowed Groom to resume his acidic swim. No doubt scars had set in at this point, singing some of the fur on her animal form and the skin of her forehead when she chose to change back.

Of course that wouldn't be for a while. Kida had missed her feral state.

Her eyes closed lazily as she lay there, great maw resting on her paws. She was completely oblivious to the monster who was attacking her guardian, for she and Groom had gotten themselves situated a little deeper in the swamp than the others who had come to this world. Perhaps she would fit in a cat nap before hunting down yet more beasties!

Objective: Find Master First​
Allies: [member="Darth Timoris"]​
Enemies: Swamp Wampa​
2/20​
The words barely had enough time to fizzle through her broken device and reach her ears when she heard a horrifying sound come from the swamps. Zaria turned her head - squinting her eyes in the process - trying to see what could make such an awful and offensive sound. Zaria's eyes grew three times their normal size. From right out of a nightmare came some hairy beast. Worse it was coming toward her.
"For kark's sake." Substituting the device for her hilt Zaria gently pressed the button to unleash the twin blades. Zaria learned - once - that is was never wise to attack a creature on it's home turf. Worse. She hated swamps! So she was lost in a swamp and something was coming to eat her. The words from her Master impress me fluttered across her mind. "Okay."
Zaria had fought and killed many different species in her time but never something as primal as a wampa. When the beast pressed the attack she stepped back allowing her feet to find better footing. It was one thing to die honourably. It was another to die because of a slip in the mucky water. When her booted feet founnd more suitable ground she spat, "Okay big boy. Let's go!" The wampa howled and went.
Razor sharp claws slashed through the air trying to cut her to shreds. Zaria swung her blade - with a better than average timing - and caught one of the beast's arms. With a plop it landed on the wet ground. Once more it howled more in pain than anger. The one-armed wampa would not allow a minor flesh wound to come between it and a potential food source. So like all predators that are hungry it launched at her. Zaria steeled her nerves.
With the assistance of the Force, she leaped over the one-armed attack landing behind the beast. Zaria spun around and quickly jabbed one end of her weapon toward the beast. Miss! The wampa was fast for it's size. Zaria was faster. Smarter too. Zaria ripped from the swamp a soggy log using the Force and flung it toward the beast. The wampa was fast but not smart.
Zaria patiently waited for the moment when the wampa addressed the air-borne log. With a powerful swing it reached out and batted the log away whilst taking his eyes of dinner. Zaria struck again this time commending herself for a job well done when she watched the hot blade enter the wampa. No howls. No screams of pain. Just one dead wampa falling to the swamp.
Zaria began to walk away then a thought struck her. Proof of her deed. Zaria swung her blade down removing the hand from the dead hairball then collected it. Her Master wasn't around to be impressed but she did have a severed hand from a wampa to show her.

{3/20}
Objective: 1, Mine
Nearby: NPC Squad

Usually taking care of the body would have been her first priority. Alas, she had neither the time or means to do such now. Without a vessel of her own, the Imperial would have difficulty moving something as large as a corpse. Telekinesis, while a skill she had used often, was not her specialty. Yes, she could send smaller objects flying off at rapid speeds, but anything larger than her her head could only go so fast (if she could get it to move at all). Shifting a whole body with armor... eh, it was possible, Nyx just didn't have time for it.

As long as she stopped anyone from finding the corpse she'd be fine. Probably. Most likely.

With that in mind, and knowing that the second guard could be returning, the specter continued forward, sliding along in the darkness. Reaching out with the force let her know that the other man was still a fair bit away. She'd have to go further into the mine to get to him. In addition she noted the faint presence of a few people gathered together in the distance. Hopefully they'd stick together so she could take them all out at once. A well-placed fireball could eliminate them without even making to much noise.

For now, however, she still had to deal with the closest foe...

[4/20]

[member="Darth Mythos"]

With a yip Kida rose from the ground and ran back off through the swamp, following Mythos' scent. Groom was of course close at hand! It was getting rather late, they had been onworld for... Well, Kida didn't exactly know how long. Between running around and cat-napping she had become rather uncertain of time, and besides it wasn't exactly a construct she fully understood anyway. She was a child and moreso than that more animal than anything. Time was certainly a human construct!

Padding toward Mythos once she was finally at the former construction site, Kida nudged against his leg while still in her feline form. Perhaps it was time to change back now? With a whimper she began to shift, and when the cat became a girl once again the tiny thing shivered and clung to his robes. She was ready to go now, or at least to get out of the swamp for a little while. The air wasn't as clean and fresh as she was used to, and besides the acid in the lakes made it so much less fun to run around crazily!

"Up" the child said in a quiet voice, one of the few words she knew... Likely due to how simple it was.

Objective: 2, annoy a certain someone
Allies: [member="Sage Bane"]
Enemies: Pretty much everyone else
(3/20)

Not bothering to suppress a quiet insult Sayl brought her guarlara to a decidedly less smooth halt than her twin's. With short, sharp movements that managed to silently communicate her frustration she tied the animal to a tree next to his own, turning just as the box was thrown. Reaching up with a hand she caught it, merely nodding at what he had to say. "Please, huh? Didn't think I'd ever hear you say that. You must have missed me more than you'll let on, Sev." The statement was both serious and entirely sarcastic, and it was up to him how he interpreted it. Quality time had been lacking when it came to the siblings, and it seemed this would be their only chance to catch up.

Knowing it was in her best interests for the moment to obey his orders she began spreading the spores as instructed. "Guess there's really not much to tell you that you've missed. I'm still with [member="Dair Cotarin"], as far as I know. Still trying to do the best I can with what I have, just making it most days. Dunno what it is you want to hear." For a time she fell silent, seemingly focused entirely on her work, however simple it was. No words were put forth until she finished spreading the spores, tossing the box back to him, fully assured he'd be able to catch it. After all, he was the Sith Lord. "I missed you, Sage. A helluva lot more than I'll ever let on." At the final words spoken she turned to him, eyes flickering crimson once more.

With a quiet sigh she levitated her lightsaber above her hand, catching it and flipping it once, doing the same again. "What are we doing here in the first place? I'd like to know why you're having me spread sarlacc spores everywhere, if you don't mind. Helps to know what I'm supposed to be caring about."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom