Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Suvian Sciences] Synthetic Crystal Creation Device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoutnik-2.jpg

Image Source: http://www.lostateminor.com/2012/12/22/finally-a-microwave-oven-worthy-of-your-sci-fi-tendencies/
Intent: This will allow Suvian to produce synthetic crystals in small amounts, for now.
Development Thread: If needed, I do have a Datacron. The datacron was obtained at the auction here: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/35093-lightsaber-crystal-auction/
Manufacturer: Suvian Sciences
Model: Synthetic Crystal Creation Device Mk I
Affiliation: Suvian Sciences
Modularity: it cannot be modified.
Production: Limited
Material: Durasteel, materials needed to synthesize crystals.
Description:

This device was made by Suvian Sciences as a means of synthetically creating crystals without the use of the ability known as the "Force". This was also done by them because they felt it best to start sells of light-sabers. What this device does is imitate the geological production of crystals. However there are some notable differences. Quite notably one of them is that all the crystals produced will be about the power level of a standard Illium crystal. Another problem is that the crystals are nearly identical to their natural counterparts, except that when made the Suvian logo is engraved on the crystal while in the device, thus marking it as Suvian property.

This device is also something Suvian has not publicly announced exists yet, but they are waiting for the right time to do so. None of the crystals have special properties yet, as Jeff has not figured out how to give them properties similar to the ones some of the crystals actually have. Activation of this device requires a one time required cipher code that will permanently activate it, usually given by Jeff. Eventually some of these may be sold to trusted allies.

[member="Jeff Solaris"]
*sigh*
Everything has a model. Everything. From personal computers to one-of-a-kind weapons, Everything's got one.
You need an image source for this.
Do you have a link to this datacron and where you acquired it?

Jeff Solaris said:
Furthermore, this device will not activate without a cipher code from Jeff.
So only you can activate it, but you're selling it?

Jeff Solaris said:
It should be noted that crystals made by this are not as powerful as the artificial sith crystals, but are still more powerful than naturally occurring crystals, though not by that much.
This would not work. The crystals would be, at best, equal to a standard Ilum crystal. Most would be weaker.

[member="Jeff Solaris"]
You still don't have an image credit for this.
If you own the only one of these devices, set your production to Unique. Minor production says you're making these to sell.
If this produces them at a faster rate, then only about one in fifteen will be as powerful as an Ilum crystal. It takes about three days of intense meditation
in the force for someone to make a standard Sith crystal.
How easy would it be to tell these apart from their naturally occurring counterparts?

[member="Jeff Solaris"]
Production is for this device, not the crystals. If there's only one or two of these, switch it to limited (or unique). If you sell the crystal Maker, then that's a different story.

[member="Jeff Solaris"]
That would be limited production, not minor. Minor production is the intention of selling this product off the bat.

I'm sorry, but this submission is severely lacking in logics.

A lightsaber cannot and should not be purchased like some rifle at a hunting lodge. Every Force-User in canon, and I wanna say on this site as well, have either constructed their own lightsaber or inherited an existing one from their master and the likes. It is not an item one can just walk up to a vendor and buy off the shelf. I am aware of the limited production of the item in question, but this is what I feel will be the result of this.

Furthermore, the crystals which powers lightsabers are to be connected to the one using it through the Force. What I'm getting from this sub is that the crystals sold will basically be Force-dead, so how would one connect to it, much less actually use it? No Jedi, Sith, or otherwise would ever entrust a manufactured crystal, unless they care so little about it they should not even possess one to begin with.

The utilization and construction of a crystal/lightsaber is deeply personal and to just buy one from a company - much less buy a machine that makes them - is honestly an appalling idea. It's part of one's knighthood to find and attune oneself to a crystal.

Because of the points made above, this submission is denied for now. You may request a second chance should you find this decision unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom