Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech [Suvian Sciences] MD1 Goliath Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image: http://images.mmorpg.com/images/galleries/full/342011/54295abd-3801-49a6-aed8-8ef70ae864e7.jpg
Image Source: SWTOR

Intent: To make a large tank-like droid, per a request by Jeff.
Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/38769-building-a-goliath/
Manufacturer: Suvian Sciences, prototype made by Makkik
Model: MD1 Goliath Droid
Affiliation: Suvian's customers
Modularity: No
Production: Limited
Material: Usual suspects, durasteel,
Classification: Anti-tank / Anti-dropship droid
Weight: 9 tonnes
Height: 7.3 meters
Movement: Tripedal
Armaments: Laser canon, missile launcher, oil spout
Misc. Equipment: Singular optical sensor, heavy durasteel armor, a very high pitched and fast voice, modeled after Makkik's own.
Description: Created to destroy enemy tanks and slow-moving ships on the battlefield, the Goliath Droid is a perfect long range attack drone, tall enough to fire it's weapons at a decent range, and heavily armored enough to take a blaster canon, tank, or heavy concentrated fire to take it down. Powered by a DE MK 1 Crystal Core, the droid can literally run for years without needing a recharge, making it extremely useful for extended operations. It's main weapon is it's extremely powerful laser canon. The laser canon actually has it's own seperate Crystal Core, allowing immense amounts of power to be projected and fired at enemy tanks or slow ships. However, in order to prevent the core from overloading, a cooldown period of a minute is required between shots. The canon is meant for taking out tanks or dropships at a safe distance, therefore capable of firing for nearly 900 meters. However, the canon's energy blast loses potency after about half that. It's secondary weapon, it's other arm, is quite simply a missile launcher. Fifteen missiles- which must be re-loaded by a team of humans or droids physically loading the warheads into the droid's hand, making it inconvenient to reload in battle- can be fired indepentantly from eachother, or at the same time, from it's left hand. It should be noted that nearly any kind of missile warhead can be loaded, as long as it fits. However, neither of these weapons work a close range, therefore the droid is more or less completely defenceless if someone was to get close enough to it. Theoretically speaking, it could crush it's attacker with it's three massive feet, but most would be fast enough to move out of the way. To compensate for the fact that anything within fifty meters could kill the droid without resistence, Makkik equiped a more closer-ranged weapon. A small tube can extend from the base of the droid, between the three legs, and spray oil at high pressure from a thirty gallon tank inside the droid. This has no paticular use, other then slowing down attackers until backup can arrive to save the Goliath, and prehaps set them on fire, but Makkik thought it would be funny for the droid to 'pee'. So it does. Lastly, both the crystal core in it's chest, and it's laser canon arm, are highly volatile, and will most likely explode with the slightest damage. Target those, and you're good. Though, to compensate for this, the thick durasteel armor of the droid is ecpecially strong around the chest and back.

In short: It's a long-distance artillery droid, horrible at short range, made for destroying tanks and enemy ships from a safe distance.

(c) Makkik, Suvian Sciences [member="Jeff Solaris"]

Alright, I feel it is necessary for this one to have a development thread - not a very long one, just some developmental detail.

Approval Without Development Thread
  • Lessen the strength of the laser cannon a bit.
  • Lower the range from 900 max / 450 effective to 700 max / 300 effective.
Approval With Development Thread
  • Include a 15 post development thread that includes the focusing and such for such a powerful laser to be implemented in a mobile droid, and the required testing phase.
[member="Makkik"]

I think i'll do a Dev thread. Most star wars artillery canons can shoot somewhere between five and ten times farther then that, by the way. :p

But I already have ideas for the dev thread, so i'll do it. Will start on it tomorrow.

[member="Darth Sinna"]

Makkik said:
I think i'll do a Dev thread. Most star wars artillery canons can shoot somewhere between five and ten times farther then that, by the way. :p

But I already have ideas for the dev thread, so i'll do it. Will start on it tomorrow.

[member="Darth Sinna"]
Most artillery cannons aren't generally droids, either. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom