Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech [Suvian Sciences] EE Battle Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actual Requests:

maniac5.jpg

Image Source: http://www.2000ad.org/thrillpower/2kad11m.html
Intent: This droid was made to be sort of an explosives expert battle droid.
Development Thread: If needed
Manufacturer: Suvian Sciences
Model: It was modeled after the Super Battle Droids of the Trade Federation, but with some changes.
Affiliation: Any who buy them.
Modularity: Yes, weapons could be swapped out.
Production: For now, limited. Eventually this will be mass produced.
Material: Durasteel/Electronics/Droid Brain/Wiring/Circuit Boards
Description:

This droid was made by Jeff to be an explosives expert. The droid has roughly the strength of 10 men. Minor combat skills allow it to protect itself when it cannot use explosives or blasters of any variety. The droid is programmed to be a master with explosives, but only have minor skill with blasters.

It does have 2 heavy blaster pistols built into hidden compartments inside it's legs, should it ever be unable to use explosives. This droid also comes equipped with 6 Concussion Grenades, but that is about it. Other armaments would have to be installed by the buyer. This droid has microscopic sensors hidden throughout it's body that allow it to detect attacks from behind, which act as a supplement to the regular sensors possessed by the droid.

Classification: Fourth
Weight: 25 Kilograms
Height: 1.93 Meters
Movement: Bipedal
Armaments:

Concussion Grenades x 6
Heavy Blaster Pistols x2

Misc. Equipment:

Scanner: A scanner designed to pick up the presence of an inhibitor device. If one is present on a nearby organic, it will not attack the organic or being that has said device. It will also not attack Jeff Solaris, at all. No amount of reprogramming could ever change that.

Sensors: Microsensors in the body. They warn the droid if it is to be attacked from behind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[member="Jeff Solaris"]

Grats on getting this done...welcome to the Factory, officially.

Now, here comes the part where it can begin to get tough...
  1. Every time you start off with "Intent" that is a new Submission. Please keep in mind, you're only allowed 3 submissions that are active and not approved at any given time. I see 5-6 up there. Please split them up. Break this post down to one submission and split the others up please.
  2. I cannot review these in theory until your company gets approved by an RPJ or Administrator unless you change the manufacturer.
  3. There are some major changes needed to these subs before we can get them working, I advise you as a Tier One company to consult with other companies who manufacture droids.

[member="Jeff Solaris"]

I still need you to break each one of those up into individual threads, or individual submissions.

Please feel free to browse around the forums and look at the examples of other players.

Also, again, if this is a Tier One Company, I cannot say that it will be able to be a mass produced item. My suggestion would be to perhaps venture out and seek other players for a joint effort.

[member="Jeff Solaris"]
  • Change: Servos in the arms and the legs allow the droid to keep up with most force users on foot. This wouldn’t be possible, as there are some Force Users who can move blindingly fast. No droid is capable of keeping up with that.
  • Remove: It cannot however keep up with any sort of motorized vehicle. - Your first statement of keeping up with Force Users contradicts this statement.
  • Change: It is reliant on sensors and microscopic ones throughout it's body in addition to the regular ones. - It is reliant on microscopic sensors placed throughout it's entire body, in addition to regular sensors.
  • Change: While it has been programmed with some basic CQC moves, it's preference is the use of explosive devices. - It is primarily utilized for explosive purposes but has the capability of handling itself in close quarters combat situations in the most basic of situations.
  • Remove/Change:These droids are normally seen riding speeders which they are experts at doing. - Now you're getting into more advanced droid engineering, I would change it to the droid has basic operating knowledge of speeders in order to facilitate modes of transportation.
  • Explain: Some of these droids come equipped with guns of various varieties in addition to explosive devices. - What types of guns and explosives? You haven't elaborated this yet. I need to know variants.
  • Remove: Be fair warned that these droids WILL develop personalities and should have their memory erased every single day, especially after any battles. - This denotes Artificial Intelligence capable of learning. This is a huge, huge, deal in SWRP: Chaos and requires an extreme amount of work. I AM NOT DISCOURAGING YOU by any means, however, I am saying I do not believe a Tier One company is capable of producing a droid of this caliber with that capabilities at this time.
  • Remove: This droid is programmed to be skilled at most blasters and fire-arms, as well as explosives. - You said they were designed for explosives only, some minor close quarters abilities. Are these multipurpose combat droids or what? Please clarify.
  • Remove: It's melee skills leave a lot to be desired. - Redundant.
  • Change: Weight from 85 Kilograms to about 10-25 kilograms, this is a droid, not a small tank.
  • Explain: Armaments need to be fleshed out more. I need calibers of weapons, how many does it have of what type, ect.

Alot of work to be done.

Please look through this list, clarify and explain detailed items and @me when you're done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom