Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Survivor - Rianna style (complete)

Location Alpha Mae

Warehouse of Clan Ordo

Rianna was reviewing their inventory and each time she went over it she kept coming back to thinking something is missing from their emergency packs. While there were many that could be carried, or where many items could be given they did not have a single item that could deliver all of them at one time.

She remembered long ago from her Knight days being stranded on Hoth and having very much to make due with what she had. What she had was very little. Now if her ship had carried an emergency pack she would have fared much better, or if someone could have dropped her a pack.

That was what they needed, an emergency pack adaptable for different weather, and delivered in a container that wouldn't smash to pieces if it hit the ground.

She called her research team together and began explaining what she wanted, what she wanted MandalMedical to create for Alpha Mae, and the Mandalorians. And if they could they would sell it to other refugee organizations, and factions to help support their relief efforts.

Titus came to her first with an outline of items first he gave her the very basics that each should have no matter what -

medpacs
substance analyzer
consumables for one week (water, ration bars)

But now the change came for cold weather, they need thermal suits and thermal tent enough for 6 people.

Jungle/desert terrain needed just a tent for 6 people.

Rianna looked the list over, "This seems to be everything, what kind of case will you put this all in?

Titus shook his head, "Rianna that isn't my area really I can tell you what you need but we will need Jarvis to tell us the container type"

"Ok..let's go find Jarvis" Jarvis had been with the company almost since inception, on the day the [member="Ordo"] had created it as a sub to MandalTech she had been delighted to focus her energies into it. It helped many mandalorians, and now it was helping refugees from across the galaxy. This new item she hoped would save even more lives.

Rianna walked towards Jarvis' work area, what was missing what was missing kept echoing through her mind.

Jarvis looked up seeing his employer walking towards him and the look on her face he just knew she had some new idea that needed help, "Hello Jarvis" that sweet little voice of hers just told him this was trouble.

"Rianna"

He looked at Titus then back to Rianna.

"What have you there?" He looked over, "hmm"

"Jarvis I want to create a pack that can be either sold to crews to put on their ships in case they crash, and I want to be able to drop these supplies to refugees or people who are stranded in places that will take time to get to."

Jarvis reached for her list, "You know this isn't going to be real small, compact its going to have some space espiecally the cold gear. And the metal used to make the container will have to be strong. "

Rianna nodded, "OK my husband owns a company that uses all kinds of metal I'm sure whatever we need he can get for us."

Jarvis nodded, "once we know the metal we can create either a square box"

Rianna shook her head, "No think more like escape pod, rounded edges, space inside, lid that can be easily opened"

Jarvis could see where she was going with this, "Ok..." he turned and brought up an image

personal_escape_pod_by_transbot9-d3iz6ym.jpg

"How about something like that?"

Rianna looked closer, "yes and take everything out that a person would use, the seat keep the restraints"

Jarvis nodded, "what if we lined the entire inside of it with a cushion material that helped with shock resistance."

"Oh I like that idea" She smiled.

Jarvis looked over, "thought you might"

Titus watched as they ran through designs to carry the cargo to the surface that was the trick in this whole thing developing a delivery system that could hold what she wanted to put in there and that it survive the impact from a drop.

When you could get to someone easy it wasn't a task to put all your supplies onto a sled and take it with you, but for the amount of times she had gone to help and couldn't reach them, or they needed help and they weren't allowed to land this would help in those situations, that would give them a chance for a week. A week was a long time when someone was hungry, or hurt. She couldn't reconcile herself as a healer and a doctor to knowing she left someone to the elements.

This item when put together would not only help but also take away some of the guilt she felt when she couldn't help.

It was times like this when she wished Ordo was here, he was semi retired looking after their farm and teaching their children while she couldn't yet give it up, she just had to keep pushing for things that made the galaxy a better place.

A better place, and a place she could reconcile in her mind that her children could live in. That she had done all she could in order to make it a place where there were options, traditions, and hope. Alpha Mae was designed to give hope.

This survivor pack would give hope to those who needed it.

"Could we use farium it's good for ship's hulls and this is like that sorta." Ok she was a doctor not a ship maker and definitely not someone who made bullets and this had the shape of both.

Jarvis scratched his chin, "Does your husband have a lot of it?"

Rianna smiled, "my husband can get anything but yes I saw we have a way to get this from Mon Calamari it would be strong enough to withstand impact and the heat, yes?"

Jarvis began running some numbers and checking test results for previous items, "Maybe, we'll have to see it's a heavy metal"

Rianna nodded, "Ok, I'm not sure exactly what that means so you'll have to school me in it, or I'll find someone who can so that I understand"

Why had farium come to mind, she didn't know it just slipped in, perhaps the force was giving her ideas. It was a living force after all and had helped many other times so why not give her the name of a metal."

She relaxed at the moment, this might actually come into being, but with him saying it was heavy, would it be too heavy?

She needed someone who could explain. Who could she call?

Rianna sat on the holo talking to her riduur asking him what metals he recommended and what was available at MandalTech. He gave her sound advice and assured her that the farium would work for what she wanted, and that to ensure the designers did not make the pod too pointed for it would pick up too much speed, and ensure that a parachute would open to slow the pod down once it cleared the atmosphere if used in the escape pod mode.

However if they were using it just as a drop off she may want to consider just a pallet drop with a chute. She had given some thought to it, it would be up to the customer and in their own use it would depend on the circumstances.

Once Ordo assured her of everything she went back to Jarvis and Titus, "OK let's move forward with the design, create a casting for the pod and show me how you plan on padding it to ensure everything lands without damage.

Titus produced a piece of elastex ,"This is durable can take a beating and if we put some crash foam underneath it line the sides it would give the cushion we are looking for" Rianna reached over and touched the fabric it had a feel of stiffness to it, making a face that would show her discomfort.

"We will prewash all of it before we install it, it will change the feel."

She acknowledged him, "I'll want to see it again before you install it"

"yes Mam" Titus knew she would be pleased, it was odd she was a jedi and she had such high demands, and definitely did not seem to have a problem speaking her mind.

The team went into development mode bringing Rianna changes in design, suggestions for sections within the pod to hold the supplies separately and tight to prevent them from moving around and getting damages.

Sectioning the pod however meant that they'd need separate designs for cold weather and desert conditions. Three sections were made within the pod, one for tent, one for consumables, and one for the medical supplies and substance analyzer. This would help those loading the pods to keep to an orderly system and at a glance know if an item was missing.

Rianna walked through each of the tests to make sure it would work, she did not want to do it half way she needed it to work the right way the first time lives depended on it.

After a second field test of just dropping the pod from above it was decided that the pod should become reusable, and needed guidance system to prevent those on the ground who really needed it to be able to get it.

By loading preset coordinates into the program chip the pod would fall towards that location and using the escape pod's original design for a controlled landing preventing others from having to go and find it.

There were some problems however if the guidance system failed the pod could still be lost. If the group was larger than 6 people and not reported to be larger than 6 people there could be shortages of supplies. If it took longer than seven days to rescue them they'd run out of supplies.

Additionally when it landed it could burrow itself into the snow or sand making it difficult to retrieve.

The team knew there could be risks but was it better than doing nothing, absolutely, would they still save lives, definitely. and they could tweek the design further as they learned more about the conditions and environment, finding a way to place a communications device in the pod was on the list but so far they had not found one that would have the right range or durability.

Rianna contemplated the problem before them, the drop tests were successful nothing seemed to be breaking, everything fired as it was suppose to even from the upper levels of the atmosphere.

Human error however would always be a problem if reports were wrong people could die.

She was a healer someone who had trained her entire life devoted to saving others, MandalMedical gave her chances to do that, Alpha Mae gave her opportunity to serve. Survivor would give everyone a chance to live on to another day.

So many refugees came into Alpha Mae suffering from exposure, some from malnutrition due to the time it took them to get to Alpha Mae if they had only received the consumables and the medpac they would have had a better chance.

This wasn't about making credits, she and Ordo had credits MandalTech did a great business and then all the wars had made them comfortable, they lacked for nothing. This was hopefully giving something back.

She hoped her children would see the good, would understand that even though the Mandalorian way was to do battle when called upon that there was still a chance for hope, and peace.

She'd make sure that all Mandalorian worlds had a stock pile of the Survivor just in case.

There was one obstacle though getting it approved the medical field was very picky about what kind of technology was developed. This was no more than a bullet full of supplies what could be wrong with this?

Was the metal too heavy?

Was there not enough consumables?

Was it packed too tight?

Was the fire rating on the elastex not high enough?

There were so many things that went through her mind as she submitted the item to the gods of the factory she prayed they would see the value in her work, see the value in approving this item that could help so many others.

The team sat beside the holo waiting for calls to clarify their design. Bottles of Alderaan honey wine sat on the table chilling waiting for the one call that said, approved.

Rianna shared the submission with [member="Ordo"] who nodded his approval as he showed her their sleeping children. He had tired them out, he looked a little worse for wear and tear seems they had worn him out as well.

His positive words were appreciated but she really missed him, and wanted him here during this vigil.

Titus and Jarvis sat with her after that, "did we forget anything?" she asked.

"I don't think so"

"ok" the knot was growing in her stomach. "The waiting is the worst."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom