Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surprise visitors

Quintus Varro

Q
Well, it could have been Hoth. It was the only bright side he could find to the whole being broken down on a desert planet, but he supposed it was a silver lining of sorts. He had simply been floating, golden parachutes were nice that way though. He'd officially failed at any version of running a company, well that wasn't completely true McYoda's ran itself. Past research and development though he'd proven beyond useless, or at least disinterested enough to cause things to fall apart for a bit. It was back in good hands now though, and he'd been sent off with a lovely retirement bonus.

On a desert planet as far away from civilized space as he could get though, getting to his money for repairs would take a bit. So he choose a second route, an older route, scavenging. There were parts a plenty for everything you'd ever want to find, but finding it wouldn't be easy. Hell, to be honest he didn't have a damn clue where to start. A few credits in the right palms though had gotten him pointed towards the home of someone who could help him. A woman who evidently went through these mountains of scrap every day, and according the locals could find whatever she wanted.

Knocking three times Eamon leaned against a wall his eyes searching the horizon, hopefully he had enough credits left to pay for the local tour guide.

Jakku most definitely wasn't as bad as the likes of Raxus Prime as far as junk went, however out in the dunes on the edge of the few settlements the planet had there were the remnants of a war long since gone. Tie-Fighters, half buried in the sand, jutted skyward at awkward angles, the exposed metal glinting under the sun. But the epitome of the humble world's collection had to be the Star Destroyer. Kyra had scaled it alongside [member='Connor Harrison'] just a day before; the Jedi Master - if he was even such these days, Kyra had no clue - had left before the sun had really broken on the horizon, off to deal with situations the young scavenger couldn't even hope to comprehend. His was a life of mystery and magic, hers was grimy yet simple. Yet his return had been promised, thus the Epicanthix was busying herself with packing.

Tossing aside her sonic servodriver Kyra lifted up pieces of a now dismantled workbench and hefted them toward the door of her abode, which overlooked Cratertown. Down below the low-lives whom she chose to live alongside were likely plotting their next big heist in the surrounding space, but Kyra had left such troublesome antics behind long ago. Kicking aside a power cell, Kyra finally settled the heavy lump of metal down, leaning it against the door frame, and sighed. This place would likely be empty by the time she was done loading up the Bucket. Having no clue how long Connor would take, she had decided to undergo a project of potentially disastrous sizes, that was refitting the interior of her beloved ship to accommodate her workshop. After all, it would be nice to work on the go. But she figured it was best that she actually get everything onboard first, incase she ran out of time.

Without warning, however, just as she was about to activate the door, a knock resonated through the bombsite of a room. Two more followed closely. Opening the door, Kyra stared out - expecting one of Cratertown's natives... Instead she stared into a familiar face, and flustered she immediately stepped back and shook her head.

"Kriff" she muttered, believing that Kära had finally caught up with her. Instinct bade her to reach for Crank, not wanting to outright kill the engineer she had once hired, but her hand fell short when she realised that her weapons were in the backroom. Afterall, no one had ever been this bold in their attempts on her life, except on the battlefield itself. Or spacefield...

[member="Eamon Tragon"]

Quintus Varro

Q
In the breath of a moment he forgot his prepared speech and to be honest most of the reason his came as his eyes widened in shock. It wasn't possible, well it was possible, but the odds? Shaking his head out of the fog though as she pulled back from the door her surprise as obvious as his own, but the jerking of the hand was the true warning sign. He was barely armed, but apparently she wasn't at all. Why she felt the need to be armed at all when seeing him Force alone knew, but it threw him off. Raising an eyebrow he stepped forward and past her looking in. "You know, if I'd known it was you, I'd have just brought some coffee along to ease the tension."

With a rather impish grin he leaned against the wall by the door blocking her from simply shutting it in his face. "Also its quite rude to hire a guy, bail on him, and then leave him to get fired. I mean seriously, admittedly I got paid like a bandit, but still." Letting his eyes float about the room he chuckled, it was quite the cluster, but it was also apparent she was about to be on the move, again. He knew the feeling, or rather had fallen into it. From a small shop in Bastion to head engineer of a major company to acting CEO to the door, it been one crazy ride, and here at the end was the same face from where it had began.

He hadn't moved beyond stepping where she couldn't literally shut the door in his face, but he doubted that helped her concerns much. He hadn't heard much about her leaving, hell for a bit it seemed like no one was in charge of that company and well no one was really. Then one day he'd learned more about it then he ever wanted, and that was that. He didn't believe in much really, but he'd let himself believe in her once. Now here she was again, and the other shoe had dropped, and she looked about as pleased as he'd been to see her new employer. Of course he didn't have a fancy dancy card, but then again he supposed neither did she anymore. With a sigh he looked over the room again, "You should have warned me, Sith I thought we were friends." Looking at her still hand he laughed gesturing towards her dismantled workbench, "Please, I'm more likely to play with your toys then to be a bother to you. If anyone should be upset its me, you hired me into a company as dedicated to slavery as anything else. That's all over though I suppose, and well I got almost nothing done for them and took a good chunk of change on my way out the door, so no harm. How about you, Kyra?"

[member="Kyra Sol"]

"Did she send you?" Kyra immediately inquired, once firmly situated within her home, eyes narrowing shrewdly as though she could detect any sign of lies he might utter. "I won't go down without a fight" she added just as swiftly, her hand reaching back to a dining table in order to grasp around a clunky wrench. It wasn't ideal, but it had some weight to it that would certainly be in her favour.

And then he was inside, leaning upon the door as if he owned the place... Was that a smug look upon his face she saw? Narrowing her eyes Kyra flexed her fingers around the makeshift weapon, but kept it down at her side rather than brandishing it like some fool. "You're thinking about Caff at a time like this?" she asked, bemused.

"It ain't my fault you got fired! You must've done something stupid to get on that Space Witches' bad side!" And then she realised that he wasn't here on Kära's behalf at all. If not to kill her then what? "She left the company to me, if she returned for it that's none of my doing. When you joined there were no Sith involved. As for the other stuff, I call bollocks to that. There was no slavery happening under my watch... At least none I knew about."

Was it possible that such was happening outside of her peripheral? Perhaps... But that wasn't her fault or doing. She had been more a puppet than anything else. Finally, as a sign of no ill, Kyra dropped the wrench to the ground and with a heavy sigh gestured for him to come inside. "There's Caff in the kitchen, but you're making it yourself. I don't have time to mess about with stims."

[member="Eamon Tragon"]

Quintus Varro

Q
Laughing Eamon walked towards the kitchen in truth amused by the unchanged woman. There first encounter had gone quite similiar, down to her wanting to hit him. Throwing together a coffee he looked around her house bemused. "Been on the move a lot? Mostly the same for me, and don't give me the nonsense of bad sides thats all those force users have. A bit of friendly warning though when you took."

Taking a brief sip he winced at the heat settings were a bit off. Turning it off he moved it on it's side and pulled some tools out of his pack before pulling it apart. "Ah well I was going to offer a job, but I doubt you need it. Doesn't really matter though I guess, still glad to see you are well. If it helps any I don't think your space witch is looking for you."

Adjusting a tiny dial he counted out half seconds later in his head. It was nice fixing things again, it had been a good business until well, Kyra.

"No, I haven't moved in a decade" she said, and she wasn't entirely certain that she would be moving any time soon, either. Still, it was about time she sorted through the junk she had lying around the place. Perhaps she would sell her home, and pour all of her assets into the ship... Yes, that sounded like a good idea. "I don't much like Forcies myself, but the Witch had stepped aside, so I didn't feel it was necessary to inform you of her prior connection."

She watched as the man began to deconstruct her Caf machine, typical engineer always on the mend. Not that she was any different, her eyes were always searching for salvageable junk. Speaking of which, now that he was inside and the door had closed again, Kyra turned and began moving objects to one side of the room again. A tiny pile was likewise made for things she was going to sell... But even that didn't stay at one height. At least a dozen times Kyra took something from it and placed it on the moving pile. Everything had its uses.

"Well I certainly hope the Space Witch isn't after me, but at any rate even if she was she wouldn't find me here much longer. You're an overqualified Engineer, Eamon, you'll have no trouble returning to your shop. You could probably rebuy it three times over, anyway, the amount that company was paying you."

[member="Eamon Tragon"]

Quintus Varro

Q
He smirked softly at the idea of buying back his shop, liked he'd ever sold it in the first place. It had been a small thing to pay the taxes on it off what he made, but not he had no intentions of going back to that. He'd have loved to in truth, but he had a bit of a bigger fish on his plate that had been oddly dumped there, one he'd been ignoring forever. "No, I suppose you didn't think it was necessary, but then again I guess its all quite behind us isn't it? A bit of a good time though playing in the big leagues for a minute though, no?"

Sliding a panel back onto the coffee maker he nodded to it a quick well done to the machine for fixing up so nicely. Taking a step over towards what he assumed was her junk pile he smiled at it crookedly while looking it over. By the time she was done going back through what she'd put there he doubted there would be much to sell at all, maybe nothing. She was at home here it seemed with her parts, and machines, as home as he'd once been with them. Instead he had a mess on his hands he'd been running away from for some time, a mess he'd somehow inherited and simply didn't want to deal with. He supposed it was time though, before he settled down like she had and never popped his head out again.

He'd almost forgotten for a minute why he'd come at all, but now it was in the front of his mind, a part no one had new. In truth he didn't want to hire her for the job, it wasn't personal, well it was but in a different way. He was a bit envious she'd ended up where she did, and she was happy it seemed with it. Drumming his fingers on a wall for a moment he thought about sharing his real problem, but he already knew it wasn't for her. She was free and living a life she seemed to be quite happy in this life. She was still all fire and life, it was what he found intriguing about her. With a shrug he let it all go off his mind, he still needed a part, and she was the person to go to. He couldn't help himself for a bit of curious poking though, "So tell me, Kyra, all this, where's it going? I suppose asking if this is it is just a bit silly. I can see the joy of creation here, the thrill of bringing life again to what seemed to be dead, frak I've put a piece of myself into everything I've ever built. My question is if there isn't a space witch chasing you, hwy are you hiding your skills down here?"

[member="Kyra Sol"]

Kyra said nothing in response to the Sith talk. She had nothing more to say on the matter, she didn't feel bad for keeping him in the dark about it either. Life was too short to be worrying about decisions made a decade ago. Instead she continued to move objects, the table she had been deconstructing lay in pieces about the dining room but that could be seen to later.

Reaching out for her Sonic Servodriver, Kyra sighed and began work removing now-empty durasteel shelves from the wall. "I actually despised working there" she remarked, the big leagues indeed. She was far happier out here helping out the every day citizen of Jakku with their tinkering needs.

"Where is all what going? My treasure trove of junk?" Kyra shrugged, "It'll leave this place in fifty different shapes, but in terms of storage? It'll be going on the 'Bucket with the rest." Was this all of it? Psht, was it kriff. She had a rust yard the size of ten Hutts scattered about the place! She couldn't keep it all, though, her cargo hold wasn't that big. Then the big question. Why was she hiding out here. Kyra sighed.

"Does it matter why I'm here? I've been on this dustball for almost a decade now, and it suits me well enough. Does there need to be further reason?"

[member="Eamon Tragon"]

Quintus Varro

Q
With a small smile he actually broke out in laughter at her answer, he'd missed his snappy almost friend. Leaning against a wall he breathed out a long sigh and shook his head at her, "You know, I think you're lying. Oh sure we all hated the bureaucracy and actual business end. Of course maybe that is all you saw, but I saw your eyes light up when you talked of creating. I remember designing things for that damned company, and let me tell you it made me feel alive watching my ideas come to life. Sith, it made you feel alive too, your whole hyperspace lane project there. You can lie to yourself, but I remember that fire when you imagined an idea bigger then them all. The rest of it, yeah it was a headache, but making dreams come alive was a beautiful thing."

Taking a step from the wall he pulled out a small holo display and laid it on the floor bringing it to life with a few clicks and the pushing of a button. The entire galaxy, or at least every single planet that had a McYoda's, and man it was growing like the plague. "Remember these? Got gifted this off a contract you sent me on, build some automated restaurants and deliver drones you told me. Instead we got the whole damn company for nothing. Technically it was me, but we were a team then I suppose, or I thought we were at least. So here's the short of it, if you want a piece of it this ridiculous pie it's yours. I've got a lot of work to put into it but if I do, or we do, or whatever could actually make something of it. Your choice though, Kyra, its not why I cam here, but poodoo, that hasn't stopped me before."

[member="Kyra Sol"]

Kyra shook her head. "I'm not lying. They wanted me to be someone I'm not; sure it was fun to help design things, but that was 1% of my workload. If that. I can design things where I am, and not have to face so many spineless fools who spoke behind one another's backs." Closing her eyes, the woman sighed a heavy, weary, sigh before glancing toward the windows.

She heard the clicks of his holo-display and turned curiously; her eyes fell upon the map which was thrown into the room, eerie and blue it glowed amidst the white walls and furnishings of Kyra's abode. "Yeah, McYoda's, dreadful place but great for business I suppose." She hadn't realised just how much the company had grown in her absence. He offered her part of it; did she really have the time to help run another business? It wasn't as if her own company was exactly booming, small time out-of-her-house venture though it was. But secretly, deep down, Kyra was really relying on Connor to come through with his promise and take her from the dustball she had called home for so long.

Turning from him again she peered out over Cratertown and sighed. "Alright, but I'd like to be a silent partner, at least to begin with... If my interest is piqued I may get more hands on. I mean, we never did make those delivery droids, did we?"

"Oh, and you're right by the way... Caf' isn't so bad. It helps me through the long nights of never ending projects."

[member="Eamon Tragon"]

Quintus Varro

Q
He smiled at her a bit crookedly as she accepted her offer, they'd need to formalize it, but it was enough for him she'd start receiving her due from it at least. Chuckling at her giving into the coffee he smiled a bit larger, he'd take it the point, maybe the could be friends again after all. Hitting a button on the holo display he left it there for her, it would give her all the information on the company and keep her updated even on this dustball as she put it.

His curiosity was brought to the front though as he moved his eyes over the room again, "What kinda projects you been up to? Always curious to see new innovations are old ones redone even to be honest. As for the delivery droids, no we never did finish 'em up. Nor did we do those flying restaurants the automated ones that we thought we could turn into the next big thing. If you're ever interested we can hit 'em up, and make us some money. Got a contract discussion coming up as well, some big shots wanting to supply us with new agricultural products. You're more then welcome to join, but you're also more then welcome to take a hands off silent role."

Stopping for a moment he sipped his coffee now that it had cooled some, much better. Where would he be now if she'd never shown up at his door? Fixing something most likely, working to cover ends met out of his little shop. She'd shown him a whole new angle of the galaxy, and he guessed in the end he owed her for that. "Ah well, either way I'm glad your on board. I might grumble a bit about the damn slaves and the Sith poodo, but you did me a favor in the end. Glad to have you on, partner, except this time no space witches allowed." He said the last with a grin as he finished off his cup. Silent or active he knew he could trust her at least, and that was worth more then he could measure.

[member="Kyra Sol"]

All at once the dancing blue light display was extinguished, leaving pinpricks of light within her eyes as they tried to adjust to the stark white room.

"What kind of projects?" she inquired, before chuckling to herself, "on a planet like this? Only the most humble. Fixing up old speeders for the locals, helping with blaster construction, and a whole lot of salvaging of the Tie-Fighters in the outlying desert. There's even an old Star Destroyer out there, but I deem that an untouchable."

Glancing across to Eamon as he said what seemed to be his parting words, his cup now empty, Kyra managed a smile. "I'll think about attending, but I have a lot happening here right now." Truth be told she was terrified of going anywhere incase Connor returned.

"Thank you for coming to see me, although I daresay you seemed as surprised to see me as I was to see you."

[member="Eamon Tragon"]

Quintus Varro

Q
With a sudden laugh he realized he hadn't actually brought up his ship at all, but then again he'd enjoyed the reunion enough to lose track of such things. Nodding he stood up and washed his mug out, no need to leave it for her. Turning as he shook the water from his hands he shook his head, "Actually I was looking for a local who could help me find something." Tossing her over a datapad with the information on a part he needed for his ship. "Seems I busted something I don't have the equipment to fix myself. I was looking for someone who could help me find some replacement pieces. Of course with all the tools you have here maybe we don't need the parts at all if you care to get your hands dirty with me?"

Shrugging he grinned at her waiting to see if she'd take the bait or the job. He actually did have a meeting to get to so it was actually important, but before he came here he wasn't really sure he was going to actually go in the first place. It was funny how a little bit of odd chance changed his path in life. Maybe he would actually finally do something with his, well their company now. With a mental shrug he filed that away, corporate paperwork and all.

[member="Kyra Sol"]

All at once the man laughed and a datapad was flying at her face. Luckily she caught it before it could smack her straight in the fact, though it did leave her momentarily dazed. Then she glanced down to the datapad, and checked out what was wrong.

"You've managed to fry the main drive" she said, shaking her head, "how the feth did you manage that?" Kyra sighed, she would need specifications before she could decide if it could be salvaged, drives weren't things she just had lying around either. Not anymore, at least.

"Alright I'll need to see the ship for myself, but I should be able to fix it. Now, where was that servodriver..." Turning full circle, she realised that it was right where she had left it and stooped to pick it up.

"Lead the way."

[member="Eamon Tragon"]

Quintus Varro

Q
As to the question of how he answered it with a half shrug, he wasn't really sure how which would normally be odd, the fact that the mystery didn't bother him was because he'd been drinking when it happened. He didn't even really want to know what idiocy he'd attempted, and was more then happy to let it go with a simple, lets not do that again. So without further delay he brought her back up to the docks where his ship was awaiting, one of the original luxury shuttles of RI, no doubt a misplaced, and possibly even 'misplaced' model taken from the showroom yacht. With a cough Eamon just threw his hands out in a 'who knows?' gesture and drove the speeder into it's belly. Whistling a rather innocent tune, or rather what he felt it was he hit a few keys to send the pilot droid the command to return to the yacht floating above.

Humming he finally looked over at her with a grin, "Well, we didn't design this thing for nothing, you know? So during the change over back to the original owners, and renaming etc there were some, well, misplaced pieces of hardware." Going silent for a moment as the slight shiver through the ship let them know they were landing in the belly of one of the few actually built models of the Rahvin Industries luxury yachts. Albeit under crewed by quite a bit, and he still hadn't gotten all the display model's tour features out, but it was still kind of his. No one was going to argue with him, who was left to? It was however a showroom model so he'd been repairing several problems on the run, no doubt how he'd run into the drive issue. In good news though the interior had come with all the bells and whistles, and a good amount of supplies to show potential buyers its potential.

Walking directly to the main drive via the crew area, which was still quite nice really, not nearly as spacious or opulent, but the showroom model was aimed towards the super rich, and it seemed the super rich refused even to let the crew's quarters look too shabby. Not that he had any crew, just a collection of droids he was keeping up to fly the ship around for him. Having now bothered to stop the innocent act, after all he didn't really feel bad about it, at least it hadn't gone to waste. "You know I don't even know who officially owns RI anymore, I know it was renamed, and reclaimed but I don't think she's using it anymore. Too bad w can't get the patents off the other works we did, this one was never officially released i don't think. Ah well, its the past now I suppose. Anyway, the drive, and yes, my tools are already in it I closed them in. Part of the reason I couldn't fix it myself, turns out working on the drive is not something you do after sampling some of the ships finer liquors."

[member="Kyra Sol"]

Kyra gave him the look when she realised what ship it was. Then she crossed her arms, to feign displeasure, before climbing up the ramp and heading into the Engineering Bay. She didn't say anything to begin with, her focus on the fried circuitry, and then she crouched down and pulled some tools from her belt.

"I never got the pleasure of actually stepping foot onto one of these yachts" she confessed, despite the fact that she and Eamon had both worked on its construction. "Though I do remember some of the specs."

With a heavy sigh Kyra got to work, breathing through her nose. "Thankfully you didn't destroy the Drive itself, so if I replace a fuse and some wires it should work again."

Then he mentioned the company, and the girl shifted uncomfortably, and tried to keep her focus on the task at hand. But the more he continued to speak of RI like it was a lost cause, the more guilty she felt. Finally she simply confessed.

"I'm still technically the CEO" she replied, rubbing the back of her neck. "There have been a few stand-ins, but my contract remains in tact."

[member="Eamon Tragon"]

Quintus Varro

Q
He gave her the slightest of innocent looks at her feigned displeasure, he'd seen a few of them in the past and knew the stance well. With a half crocked smile he listened to her grumble about his, efforts shall we say, on the drive itself. He didn't have much to say to his own defense, ripping apart drives when you couldn't see straight was not a good idea. He didn't notice her shifting though, he figured at first it was merely the annoyance of working on something as botched as this ship was due to him. Taking his tools as she removed them from the drive he wasn't prepared for what she said next. The company was still hers?

Tilting his head every so slightly he just looked at her his half cocked grin now a look of pleasant surprise, though he wasn't sure where that went from there. Scratching his ear he nodded slowly, "So, uh, you still have executive power over a major corporation, eh? Better yet, our company? Yeah, yeah I know I was just an engineer but yeah, our company. So why the feth are we not building hyperspace lanes?" His eyes glimmer a bit at the whole thing, part wanderlust, part the sudden hope to build something great again. The last part was a straight out dare to her.

[member="Kyra Sol"]

Kyra frowned a little bit, and turned from him, fumbling around in search of a spare fuse among the parts which were undoubtably somewhere in the Engineering Bay. After all, what sort of a ship didn't have a spare fuse or two? She did not really want to get back into the Company game, it had drained her on a physical, mental and even spiritual level.

"It's yours if you want it" she said, kneeling down and switching off the power to the consoles in the room, rendering the fuse box obsolete - and more importantly safe to touch. Flicking down the faulty fuse, she removed it and carefully slotted the spare one in place. It would have been a rather tedious procedure had she not been well versed in the art.

"But I want no real part in it. Silent, like with McYodas. I want to live, not be dragged down by other people's poodoo..."

With that she flicked the fuse up and then the power, before rising to see if it had made much of a difference.

[member="Eamon Tragon"]

Quintus Varro

Q
He just blinked for a moment, he could have it? Just like that she'd flipped his entire mind around on itself, and he could tell she meant it, all of it. She didn't want anything to do with what happened inside of the company, she was simply giving it to him. After a moment he just laughed a startled barely sensible sound as he looked around the ship. Well, at least he knew why there were no charges pressed on him for stealing the ship. Shaking his head he leaned back sucking in a deep breath as he thought it over. The things they could do with that company and McYoda's backing of it to help restart the company. Well, he could do, she didn't want a piece of that one really, she'd left it behind a long time ago.

With a nod he finally breathed out a long breath his eyes finally coming back to her. "Silent, then. You're always welcome to it or any resources, but if you prefer it that way I'll just try to make your bank account happy. I understand. You're still a partner though, you ever want a say, you'll have it. We'll build a road right around this galaxy and all its unknowns, who knows what we'll find out there. So what is your plan then, Kyra? What life hold for you in the future, what do you want out of it all?"

[member="Kyra Sol"]

Kyra frowned before shrugging her shoulders. She didn't really know what the future had in store, but it didn't reside in companies. And it didn't reside here on Jakku. Not if she could help it.

Walking over to the console beside the main drive, Kyra keyed in a few commands and waited for a report to flash up on screen. "I've spent the past ten years running away, it's time I stop doing that and start running toward something new."

Maybe she would join the Sanctum, if Connor kept his word and returned for her. Everyone could use a mechanic around the place, even Jedi. She may not agree with them or their methods, but she trusted Connor's judgement.

"The Drive should hold up until you can replace it. Don't push it too hard, though, else you may end up lost in space." Or worse.

[member="Eamon Tragon"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom