Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Superweapon] Camelot

Status
Not open for further replies.
meee8y7.gif

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Experimenting with Superweapons class that focuses on (de)buffs rather than outright destruction, so please bear with me. Everything is submitted in good faith.
  • Image Source: World of Warcraft: Battle For Azeroth Cinematic
  • Canon Link:
  • Permissions:
  • Primary Source:
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Rapid deployable a battlefield scale (extreme range) lightside force nexus with specific effects for both allies and foes, described below.
  • Can switch between active state to sealed depowered state as the sword Caliburn.
STRENGTHS
  • Army of Light: Allies can receive powerful buffs to physical, mental, and Force capabilities; coordination and morale also improves like under Battlefield Meditation.
  • Discord: Foes, especially those attuned to the Dark Side, can suffer massive debuffs to physical, mental, and Force capabilities.
WEAKNESSES
  • Stationary: While active in its nexus, Camelot must remain stationary (even in space) and is thus vulnerable to attack, but massive amounts of ordinance or power on a similar is required to damage the object.
  • Indiscriminate: Even "friendly" Dark Siders and those actively channeling the Dark Side can be negatively affected by Camelot.
  • Machines: Camelot has no effect on machines or artificial constructions unless they have a force connection (e.g. a Force Sensitive cyborg, Shard Knight).
DESCRIPTION

"We will stand as an island of tranquility amid a sea of chaos. We become the eye of the storm."

Upon her return to full time duty with the Silver Jedi Order, the former Grandmaster became hard at work developing new countermeasures against the Bryn'adûl and the Silvers' traditional mortal foes, the Sith. Ironically, she took inspiration from the Sith for one such platform, noting their ability to rapidly deploy Dark Side nexuses as force multiplier in hostile territory. Over the years she had seen such techniques employed time and time again, even in the midst of Jedi strongholds to give Sith a decisive edge in combat. More recently, she observed the psychic coordination of the Bryn, nearly unrivaled even by Jedi employing the highest levels of melding and Battlefield Meditation.

She developed something equivalent for the Silver Jedi, making use of the peculiar properties of energy absorbing Pyronium. By restructuring moleculese of the metal via Force Imbuement, she was able to maintain stable hyperspace pockets - powered by embedded Isotope-5 based micro reactors - to store large amounts of attuned Kyber Crystals that acted as direct conduits to the Light Side of the Force.

She had created a portable large scale Force nexus, readily deployable in any space without the need for lengthy summoning rituals. Of course, the prohibitively expensive materials of both Pyronium and Isotope-5 prevented even limited scale production of the platform. At any given time there was only one functional obelisk/sword to be deployed sparingly in battles of the greatest strategic importance.

When it comes to allies, the nexus works like a combination of Battlefield Meditation and Force Valor on steroids. Allies are imbued with clarity of mind, increased pain tolerance, preternatural coordination, and greatly enhanced stamina allowing them to operate at peak performance for extended periods of time without negative side effects like with chemical supplements. Even with a previous depleted force, the active Nexus is experienced like a second wind, working amazingly well as a morale booster.

Force users, in particular, will also see similar effects when it comes to Force abilities. There isn't a straight up artificial increase to skill or power, but the improvements to clarity and stamina (the conduit sharing their psychic load, so to speak) allows them to more easily perform psychic feats.

While boosting allies, the nexus also works against foes caught within is sphere of influence, inducing crippling Malacia, hallucinations, and Force suppression (specifically to the Dark Side), leaving them in a haze of agonizing confusion. Weak creatures and spirits/entities attuned to the Dark Side may find the resulting sensations excruciating and attempt to flee the area. Stronger Force Adepts and entities may be able to resist these effects, but still likely find their performance degraded, especially against enhanced opponents under the positive influence of the nexus. There is also a suppression/cancellation effect on all objects attuned to the Dark Side like any lightside nexus.

Last edited:
Jyoti Nooran Jyoti Nooran | Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

Krass is correct, the factory is not the place to create a force nexus, that is the providence of the codex.

I love the creativity behind this submission, but it's not a superweapon in terms of the annihilation threads since it lacks the ability to destroy a planet which is the focus of those threads. I would suggest instead retooling it into a powerful force artefact since that's what it appears to be.

John Locke John Locke

On my first superweapon sub I was just spitballing and seeing what worked. I have a better idea of what I'm doing now after making a couple more subs.

I will go back and tweak this sub accordingly, and shift it into something more akin to an offensive weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom