Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Sunset over Nar Shaadaa

Sunset over Nar Shaadaa
Hutta Town, Nar Shaada
Interior: "The Hovel" Scrap Shop​

jYKga4K.png

Last edited:

Just kidding. What sunset? The sprawling ecumenopolis is too socked in with the stench of millions of beings elbowing each other from end to end to even dream of a sunset. It might be a nice drink name, if that dream looked like pond sludge reeking ectoplasm. But then again, what drink doesn't.

Viz Harridan, all of five feet, a dumpling of a woman in a greasy mechanic's jumpsuit and what looks like waders but are actually a nifty pair of boot spats she found on her last low level dive, ducked her head into the entrance of the shop and let the flap down, keeping the sliding blast tunnel opening wide to allow customers, but not the noxious "breeze" from her spot behind the garbage barge docking trench. The people who might need to find her would find her, the stench would keep other's away, especially unwanted foot traffic.

She heard a keening and a crash and allowed the sinewy ball of wet-bantha smell ascend her arm. Snitch, her Kowakian Monkey Lizard drove his sharp claws into her forearm as she scaled her. then he butted his head against her temple, taking a seat on her shoulder.

"Little turd." She muttered affectionately and knocked his forehead with hers. A frantic shriek and a whistle from the back of the shop drew her up, and she looked at him. "What did you do to him now?"

Snitch chortled and she rolled her eyes, following the droid squeals until she reached CAB-48, an older model BB-series astromech who was currently grinding his gears like a maniac. She sighed heavily and popped the restraining bolt off of him, holding it up to Snitch. "I thought I told you to leave him alone, this time."

Snitch made a noncommittal shrug and cackled. He grabbed the restraining bolt and, hooting, jumped off of her shoulder and fled.

She looked down at Cab, who had rolled forward, now free of his Monkey-Lizard induced stasis. "I suppose it really is too much to ask that you both get some actual work done while I'm out"

Cab shrilled in protest.

"No, I know who's fault it is. Seems to me like you could be less of a wermo and avoid the situation entirely."

He howled.

"Okay okay, yeah. I'm in a pissy mood. I'll get over it. Come on."

She patted her thigh, husting him along with her and approached her workbench. There were two commissions lying there in a haphazard state. She reached her pocket and pulled out the tri-polymer platelet she'd needed as a casing for the sensor beacon she was scrapping. This wasn't part of the commission, but she was planning on integrating it into the final design. Undetectable of course. Hence the platelet. She perched lightly on the stool, and propped an elbow on the bench sighing heavily. She could at least finish the first commission before any unexpected guests showed up. If they did at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom