Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suns of Fortune (Adventures Within The Green Temple)

The Sahsahlah Mountains held a particular wonder even in a galaxy made of the unusual.
Especially for Kira, their beauty alone only increased by the natural challenge of getting through the twisted maze of floating rock and waterfalls. Those who laid eyes on them for the one-hundredth time still had the same feeling of awe as the one who had only just experienced them for the first time. It was this, as much as anything that had led her and [member="Julius Sedaire"] to specify the location of of the Green Temple as necessary upon such wonder.

Yet ever since that day, when the galaxy seemed simple and extravagant Kira had not returned to the Sahsahlah. The fall of the One Sith had occupied her time, as had the Underground. Omega had happened as well, then there was the Force to contend with alongside all of this. Five years, five long and painful years had seen the idea of those who had snuck onto Corellia in honour of the Jedi Order that had once called it home evolve into a glorious monument to their ways and the paths of the future.

“Welcome.” It was a greeting droid that had approached Kira first, the green tint of his panelling dazzling in the natural sunlight that was cast over a broken world finally breathing again. “If you would please excuse the interruption but there seems to be an error with the designation on your ship, it was blocked several times by our long range scanners. Would you please identify yourself for the security team.”
Kira paused, turned to the droid with a slight rise of the eyebrow. “Millennium Falcon.”
“Ah, but that ship is assigned to the identity of Master Vaal. It would be impossible that it would be—“ The droid paused and gave a look over Kira in her travelling clothes, looking as rough as ever. “—Oh dear.”
“They just told you didn’t they?” Kira muttered as she gave a thumbs up towards the end of the open corridor she was in knowing that security would be hustling to shut the droid up and also get someone down to greet her. Not that she wanted that, in fact it was annoying that they would even try such things. She wasn’t a great Jedi, hell she didn’t even know if she was a Jedi at least not officially. She could do stuff and had disappeared to learn about it. All the rest of it was for those Sullust and Coruscant types. “I’ll tell you what, just do me a favour. Tell Julius I’m here.”
“Yes Master Vaal.”
“No Master, just Kira.”
“Uh…sorry Master Just Kira.”

The droid brought summons, but Julius knew [member="Kira Vaal"] had landed before then. The training duel had stopped abruptly, the lessons to the Younglings in Shii-Cho ended abruptly, and apologies made to the Padawans hoping to attract the Blademasters attention and become his students. Later, they would have time to try and impress him with all the wrong things. They would get further showing their moral merit than combat mettle. Training could make a warrior of near anyone. But the mind, and the heart, that a true bladesman needed were something no one could teach. You had it, or you didn't... Simple as that really. So clipping the lightsaber onto his belt, he threw his loose spacers shirt over his shoulders and began walking to the docks.

Functionaries and security personnel hovered, and dispersed suddenly with a singular look. They weren't used to him acting outside the bounds of his station. Usually he was consummately polite, very formal even. This was something he intended to see to on his own. Kira was one of his friends, and someone he had been waiting on to visit since the temple had been finished. Hastily he threw his over-jacket of sky blue on, his second-class bloodstripe trousers shining in the light, and lightsaber bouncing with his steps. The shirt was soaked, and he handed it to a passing padawan and asked them to drop it to his room. The long vest/coat he wore covered him decently enough, but it did leave a surprising amount of his tattoos showing.

Walking up to the dock, he spied her and broke into an uncontrollable grin. He wasn't sure how he felt about her, in that way anyway. But she certainly was one to have around in a pinch, and a good friend all around. And he found himself thinking about her more frequently than perhaps a business associate might enter one's thoughts. Truth, he knew little enough about her past and other factors. But he knew, above all the confused tangled his mind and feelings might be, she was someone he could trust, and so he shouted out a greeting.

"Hey, what, you can't call first? I would have put tea on and maybe not been in the middle of teaching students."

[member="Kira Vaal"]

Julius’ call was enough to catch Kira’s attention away from the welcoming droid. The awkward smile she was notorious for shot across her face at the sight of the Green Jedi, his appearance in such a relaxed environment a far cry from anything they had really experienced before.

“You know me, I don’t really have the advantage of being able to call ahead.” She closed the gap to him in slow steps. “I’d have the whole Bounty Hunter Guild down my back if I even hinted where I was.” She went to shake his hand, but thought better of it and instead went for the hug. Julius was an old friend, he had been promoted from handshakes long ago. “Besides I figured a surprise inspection would be more interesting.”

If she had been impressed with the temple on the approach it had nothing on what she could see now that she was down on the ground level. From where they were the actual temple proper was in plain sight and its great walls took up all the terrain they could in a strangely beautiful way. It was odd to think that the last time she had been here there was nothing, nothing but rock and cliffs.

“You seem to done well with the place.”

[member="Julius Sedaire"]

The grin was more relaxed as they fell into banter and talk. Julius could and was almost famed for wise-cracking in life and death combat. With an old friend, it eased the anxiety. He smiled as she talked, listening. The mention of the Bounty Hunter guild cause a frown across his easy features, and he rubbed his chin as he listened to the rest of the statement, smiling and returning the hug readily. As he parted, he tapped her nose with a light index finger and a smirk, shaking his head as if lecturing her, his sandy hair flopping a bit.

"Bounty Hunter guild huh? You know, I have some connections with the Mandalorians... So if you need it... Might have favors to call in...."

Taking her compliment with the Temple in stride he nodded. A gesture and a smile, directed at others hurrying supplies or to and from lessons, was the biggest response. It was at that moment a tailring chose to swoop down, and the reason for the padding on his left shoulder became apparent. The creature perched on that same shoulder and eyed Kira seriously, cocking it's reptilian head to the side. For all the world it appeared to be chiding her, and then Julius did the same nose-tap to it as to Kira. The small thing made a rattle of noises, and then surprisingly dipped it's head and spread wings, bowing almost. And promptly flew over looking disgruntled.

"Excuse him, his manners are poor since I found him out on the Rim... He seems to think he owns my time... Is this your first time here since the walls went up?! I thought you had been here since. If it is, we have a lot to show you once you've settled. If you have time. I'll have the Aeronautical Academy come over and check the ship and refuel and refit it, if you'd like. The Masters and Apprentices alike would jump to see such a ship..."

[member="Kira Vaal"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom