Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sundevall Cantina Grand Opening!

Scene
198239_1299248002_large.jpg
For some reason or another you find yourself on the back water planet of Drunkenwell, in the city of Kalandra. From your limited knowledge, you would know that the Jackals made the city of Kalandra as a safe haven for criminals, smugglers, murders, spice dealers, and anyone who had no wish to be found by law enforcement.

You eventually find yourself wandering towards a new cantina that has just opened. As you enter you see all kinds of people. Bounty hunters who had just scored big, spice dealers who had just settled a major deal, corrupt politicians that just caused a beneficial deal.

The cantina is a dome like building with four small rooms located around the back. In the center of the domed building is the bar, which has stools to sit at. Surrounding the bar, is a large dance floor. Further out to the walls are sets of tables.

Character
Cadan stood up at the bar, a drink raised in his hand. "To celebrate the grand opening of my beloved cantina, the first round is on me!" He dropped a large bag of credits on the bar in front of the bartender.

A few seconds after Cadan took his drink and withdrew to one of the outer tables upon which he sat and drank.

Nyx

Insert Hilarious Title Here
Nyx had heard through the grapevine that the Jackals were opening a cantina.
Mercenaries. Cantina. She was there.

The street rat had managed to get out of training with Mordred for a bit, and steadily made her way to the cantina, just as [member="Cadan Tazi"] announced that the first round was on him.
She whooped as she accepted the drink, and made her way through the dance floor to the tables surrounding it, and spotted the duros in question. She slid into the table with him, and raised her drink to him. Maybe he recognized her from the cartel, maybe he didn't.

"So, I have you to thank for this drink, and this fine establishment." She tossed the drink back, and set the glass on the table. "Tell me, what inspires a merc to become an honest businessman?" She almost snorted, knowing the chances of another merc going honest was fairly slim.

[member="Cadan Tazi"]

Cadan smiled as the woman approached. "Yes it would appear I am." He gestured for Nyx to sit, as he swelled the liquid in the glass around in a circle. "Honest? Well that's something I have never been called before." Cadan clicked his fingers a few times and a Kowakian monkey lizard climbed up onto his shoulder, pulled a cigar from Cadan's top pocket and began to smoke it. "Just thought I might bring in some extra money my dear."

Cadan looked the woman up an down. "And what brings your to a place like this?"

[member="Nyx"]

Nyx

Insert Hilarious Title Here
Nyx shrugged as she looked around the cantina.
"Why not? Good drinks, beautiful specimens, and more than a few people willing to throw down at a moment's notice."
It was her favorite things, all combined into one. She might just cry from the beauty.

The mercenary looked back at Cadan, a smirk on her face.
"Besides, works a bit slow at the moment. Figured it was as good a time as any to sit back and relax."
By slow, she meant nonexistent. With the current drama with the Forcies, she hadn't taken up a contract in months. To say that she was 'low on funds' would be like saying that a Hutt could stand to jog in the mornings.

[member="Cadan Tazi"]

Go-Go smiled widely at the tubby man that was sitting across from her, pearly-whites shining beneath the cantina's neon lights. All around her, folks were having a good time, drinking, celebrating, watching the dancers... "Call out, fat man, and I'll cut you from balls to breasts and feed you your spleen." She giggled. "Or maybe I'll feed you your stomach! Wouldn't that be funny? Eating your own stomach?" She giggled again.

Her acquisition whimpered. He'd been whimpering for a while now, ever since Go-Go had revealed that she wasn't one of those kinda girls. His trandoshan bodyguard was already dead, slumped in his seat beside her. To anyone looking, they'd have merely thought him incapable of handling his liquor.

She'd poisoned him, first, but she hadn't taken into account his xenobiology, and the effects had taken too long to manifest. So, like the good little killer she was, she put two in his heart with her Verpine pea shooter, a pocket sized rail gun that had a near soundless discharge. Suffice to say, that killed him dead.

There was a commotion at the bar. The owner had announced that the first round of drinks, for everone, was on him. How nice of him, Go-Go thought. She didn't drink herself. Liquor was naaaaasty. Maybe the fat man wanted a drink before he died? She looked at him.

He was... crying. And that smell... had he pissed himself? Go-Go frowned. She was tempted to kill him now. What sort of coward pissed himself?!

"P-p-puh-please, s-sweet girl, duh-duh-don't do this...p-puh-please! I have money. Ships. Weapons. Whatever you want --"

Oh, that's right. A terrified one. Go-Go's mouth curled down into a frown. "Poor fat man. It'll be okay! You'll die quick! It won't even hurt that much." She waved a waitress over. "Have a few drinks, fat man, enjoy yourself! These are your last moments..."

She'd pushed him too far. He lurched out of his chair, stumbled, fell, and half crawled half scrambled towards the bar, screaming bloody murder.

Go-Go frowned again. Her annoyance was causing Nono to stir. To bad for the fat man. Nono wasn't nearly as nice.

[member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Nyx"]

[member="Aela Darkstar"] [member="Nyx"] [member="Cadan Tazi"]

The fat character crawled up to Jaster, "Boss help m-" before the man could finish Jaster put two rounds in his head. A useless worker, and even worse informant. The man was Jasters only and possible last connection into the Hutt Cartel. He needed a new middleman now, seeing as how this one was dead.

Jaster was injured currently, and now Jaster was faced with a crowd that was now looking at him. The injury was well concealed and Jaster couldn't look weak to the people looking, "He was slobbering on my boots." He said in responce.

It seemed a reasonable excuse as people continued with their duties before the shots were fired. Through Jaster now had the eyes of [member="Aela Darkstar"] looking at him. It seemed this women wanted to kill the fat Kark first. Well he worked for Jaster, better luck next time he guessed.

Seeing this Weird and sudden scene Tiali would approach Jaster "The Kark Man these floors were clean Caden put effort into this place."

He seems calm but slightly annoyed "My friend Caden worked his ass off to get this place, and you dirty it. Are you lame in the head?"

[member="Jaster of clan Awaud"] [member="Aela Darkstar"] [member="Cadan Tazi"]

Tiali Orazio [member="Aela Darkstar"]

Kark in the head, well could have been the side effects of the pain meds. Though he wasn't goin to let the man spill the beans of him working for Jaster, so not really? He knew he'd have to pay for the mess, probably best that he didn't shoot him while they were near the dance floor. That would have been messy, probably cost more too, though the booth Jaster was at did conseal the bullet marks slightly, the blood was more of the concern.

Jaster looked at the man, Jaster assumed it was a security like figure. Then he looked at the body, rolled the body over with Jasters one good leg. He proceeded to pull out a cloth like object and dropped it were the blood was. It proceeded to slowly soak up the blood. He looked back at the security like figure as Jaster rolled the body back over into the cloth.

"Yes, yes I'm out of my mind and currently not in a fine mood," Jaster pulled out a cred stick and placed it on his table, "seems fixed to me, will that be all now?" Jaster then leaned against the table and proceeded to rub his lower leg.

Go-Go didn't much care who killed the fat man. She'd get paid regardless. Still though, she needed some semblance of proof of his death to get her credits. Preferably his head or his heart, and it wasn't like she could harvest either of them in the cantina! Truthfully, she wasn't even old enough to be in the cantina. That wouldn't stop her from giving the man a piece of her mind! Maybe she'd shoot him too? She bet his brains would look neat, splattered across the wall.

She patted the dead Trandoshan on his dead head, and pushed away from the table to walk over and say her peace. "Oi, mister!" She put her hands on her hips. There was something vaguely familiar about the man. She ignored the feeling.

"Thanks and all, but you just made Go-Go's job reeeeeeeal hard. How is Go-Go supposed to get him to her ship? Hm? Go-Go weighs ninety five pounds soaking wet!" She sort of ignored the man complaining about the mess. It was only blood. And who didn't like blood?

"So, mister, you're gonna help Go-Go get him there, or Go-Go is gonna carve out y-- heeeeeeey!" It hit her then, the source of the familiarity. "You're a Mando'ade!" Mando's didn't feel like other people. Manda'yaim was with them always. "Go-Go is from Clan Betna." She took a set at his table, taking a moment to admire the blood pooling on the floor.

"Why'd you shoot him, anyway?"

[member="Jaster of clan Awaud"] [member="Tiali Orazio"]

[member="Aela Darkstar"] [member="Tiali Orazio"]

Go-Go? Who the heck was that, and why was she talking in the third person. There were quite a few questions in Jasters mind, mainly as to why she wanted the whole body in her ship. A finger would suffice enough as fingerprints were good sources of identity of someone had the records. The small girl seemed threatening enough as Jaster former criminal informant was afraid of her so she must have talent for killing. Though looking behind her as seeing the Trandoshan on the floor, realizing he was dead and not passed out as he was not breathing.

Then she said it, 'Clan Bethne', well that was a blast from the past. Jaster hadn't heard of them in ages, truthfully last he heard they started a brewery or something. Though did find it entertains that if they did, funny time to meet a relative in a cantina to say the least. Jaster turned to face the women sitting, then taking a seat himself.

"Well it's been ages since anyone's called me a Mando'ade, the names Jaster, I'm from Clan Awaud." He noticed she was looking at the body, almost mesmerized by it. Odd, but interesting as Jaster saw everything curiously, "Man was my informant, didn't need him tour turned for the things he knew, would have been bad for me and his other clients I guess," Jaster looked down at the body with her, "as for moving it, I'll have my men take the whole body to your ship if need be, but why take the whole body of you don't mind me asking?"

Cadan was enjoying his conversation with this women, but it was cut short by this damned man trying to prove he was tough. "If you will excuse me, I've got someones nose to break." As Cadan rose from his chair he whispered something to his Kowakian monkey lizard. The creature ran out of the cantina.

Cadan marched towards the two speaking, nodding to Tiali as he walked towards them. Cadan recognized Jaster, he was the one that gave the Jackals their first pay check. As Cadan walked towards them, his trench coat blew behind him. He only had Sunshine, his DL-18 on him.

As Cadan got to the small group he stood next to Tiali. Cadan looked around them and to the dead body. "Jaster, Jaster, Jaster." He made a slight clicking noise with his tongue. "You may think you have power here, but you don't. Now you are going to pay up and get the kark out of my cantina before I blow your karking brains out." Cadan said this in such a calm way, but his hand was hovering over his DL-18 ready to draw at any second.

[member="Nyx"] [member="Aela Darkstar"] [member="Tiali Orazio"] [member="Jaster of clan Awaud"]

Tiali Stands to the side of Caden with his arms crossed With a look of disapproval.

Pointing to Cadan with his thumb "What he said."

[member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Jaster of clan Awaud"] [member="Aela Darkstar"]

[member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Aela Darkstar"] [member="Tiali Orazio"]

Wow, he seemed hostile for just two bullets in the floor. Though now that Jaster was thinking about it, it may have been a better idea to tell Caden his threat before shooting the fat man. Thing were playing out for a much worse scenario now that Jaster anger had subsided. Though Cadan had been a nice fellow and he truly did like the Jackels, this was a warning, not a true threat so maybe it would go nicely.

Jaster looked up to the man, Jaster haven't taken his helmet off yet, but why not get comfortable, he'd be there for a while. Weather waiting for a body bag or as a guest was truly up to Cadan. Though the twenty marines out the door could cause a racket, Jaster really wanted to be civil with his old business friends.

"Now, now Cadan is that truly how you feel," Jaster pointed to the cred chip, "as for damages your clear, along with 300 grand, now that's yours if you give your captain, or admiral, or whatever he's calling himself now, a message for me," Jaster looked up strait into the eyes of the man, fire could be clear as Jaster was really in the mood to keep killing, "leave the OCA before I kill them all."

Jaster continued to stare at the red eyed man, "I know you guys didn't have a hand in my soldiers deaths, that's why I'm paying for you guys to leave them, and be spared my revenge."

Cadan shook his head. Just as Cadan was about to speak his Kowakian monkey lizard returned. Before it could climb onto Cadan, Cadan told Jasper to give the message. Jasper than ran off to deliver the message. "Now Jaster. We still have this problem of you killing in my cantina. I wouldn't have care if you did it outside. But you did it in here, and that's a problem, it sends a bad message. So obviously I'm going to have to have to throw you out." There was a smile across Cadan's face, but the smile never reached his eyes.

[member="Jaster of clan Awaud"]

[member="Cadan Tazi"]

Jaster wasn't leaving till his message was received, and knowing this was a crime den for possibly some of the most worse. Killing would probably make some leave pretty quickly, but Jaster was a planner, always had one up his sleeve.

"How about this," Jaster leaned in so only Cadan could hear, "I'll let your men beat me up in the back room, send a message to others who would cause trouble, then when you get an answer back to my message your boys can literally grow me out, I've always wanted to go out in style."

The Jackels owned the city, quite literally. The Jackels were Jaster first big investment, and boy were they turning out a crowd in droves. Almost made him wana cry, beside the part where they almost killed his men and other situration a they almost got him killed. Though that was old news, and he was looking to the future, where he didn't kill his investments.

Go-Go was starting to think the man was a little slow. What did he think she was gonna do with him, take him on a midnight stroll for pickled eyes? She hadn't wanted to kill him in the cantina for this exact reason. She simply couldn't carry him. And it was bad etiquette; hence why she'd been so quiet about killing the Trandoshan.

But before she could answer, the owner was there, warnings were given, threats were made, counter threats were made, and Go-Go was starting to get excited! Would there be more blood? Guts, maybe? She'd never cut open a Duros before. They were humanoid, but as she'd long since discovered, just because something was shaped like a human didn't mean it had human organs. What if he had blue blood, like a Ratattaki? Or a heart with twice as many valves? Or layered lungs, or a stomach framed by bones?

She made a note to get her hands on one in the future. Not this one -- he was pretty good with his threats, and Go-Go could appreciate a good threat. He could be a tad more colorful, though: less blow your brains out and more hang you with your spine.

"Is Go-Go gonna get to see a fight?" She drummed her hands against the table top, bouncing in her seat. She didn't drink alcohol, but she'd had at least four glasses of some sweet, sugary, substance made from some fruit or another. She was wired.

And ready to see some killin'.

[member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Jaster of clan Awaud"] [member="Tiali Orazio"]

Cadan considered his options and and shrugged, Cadan's comm link beeped twice. "Ready?" He asked, and before Jaster could answer, Cadan curled his left hand into a fist then threw it towards Jaster's face. Assuming he didn't dodge it. Cadan would then begin to drag Jaster into one of the back rooms. Once in the backroom Cadan would throw Jaster to the floor, in front of a mechanical man.

Cadan would emerge from the back room a few minutes after and walk back over to Nyx. "Sorry about that."

[member="Nyx"] [member="Aela Darkstar"] [member="Jaster of clan Awaud"]

He was sitting in the room, the pronged toe's drawing lines in the carpet. The geometric plates hanging loose over one an another, his eye's narrowed and with a wave of his hand he greeted [member="Jaster of clan Awaud"], the incandescence light heightening and drawing fierce figures in the shadows. "Admiral, take a seat if you'd please." he gestured and pointed to one adjacent to himself.

"I hear you don't like my newest friend."

[member="Flannigan Mcnash"] [member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Aela Darkstar"]

Jaster winked at the girl, "Nope."

Before he could turn around he was smashed in the face by the Duros, the hit landed nicely, though Jaster though it lacked a little. He played along acting like a injured victim as he was dragged along. The throwing though, slightly over played he though as his non-armored head made contact with the floor first. Interesting how dazed one could be after that, the area was blurry, but he could make out Flannigans voice.

He stood and walked to the seat, his vision slowly getting better, "Now, now, I hear your an admiral yourself, nothing but old friends here," Jaster sat down, "and considering your old friends still like to hit me, no, your new friends cost me more money then should be needed."

Tiali moves over to the bar no longer caring what happens in the dispute, he decided to relax a little and get himself a treat.

"Hey barkeep Novanian grog." Tiali exchanges the credits for the drink, and continues to sit there sipping from his drink Just observing and enjoying the place for what it has to offer.

[member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Flannigan Mcnash"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom