Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sullust and pally

underground_city_by_nkabuto-d46lfu4.jpg
Sullust an underground jedi academy
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/68196-sullust-jedi-academy-mingle/

After getting of a transport shuttle to the jedi academy on sullest Pally took a long look at the size of the temple and how it was fused to the surrounding rock before quickly being rushed along to the living quarters getting a crash course introduction about how the temple was built for force users who didn't practice the dark side of the force and that not all its masters followed the jedi order's code.

After reaching the living quarters Pally was assigned a room, it was a small room with a simple bed and not much else in it but then again pally didn't need a lot of room, entering and laying on the bed he wondered what group he would be training with or if he would be able to get a master to teach him and if so what type of a master would they be

[member="Cathbodua"]​

[member="Pally"]

She was down in a sub basement of the academy as the holocron was opened and displaying the training session as the heavy gravity of the room kept her pressed down. Slowly the jedi knight was letting herself find the inner strength for herself to summon the one droid outside the room as down here in the sealed room she was able to motion for it to go and get her new padawan while she sat there out of the bodysuit in the dim lights. Thick white scar tissue across her body while she was flexing and straining to maintain her body being up as the heavy gravity was pushing down on her. Slowly she rose up into a standing position and planted her feet to the side lifting her head up. "Bring them down here, I am partially preoccupied."

After a while of waiting in his room and watching as people go past a droid walks up and blocks his sight of the doorway informing Pally that his new jedi Master wants to see him, following the droid to his new master pally walks silently not saying a word as he thinks the droid would more then likely be unable to understand him.

The droid leads him down through the academy his excitement and anticipation only matched by the fear of his master not liking him well up inside and after a good few minutes they reach a sealed door looking up at the droid he lets out a few barks "is my new master in there?" and then looks back at the sealed door waiting for the door to open

[member="Cathbodua"]​

[member="Pally"]

The jedi knight was still standing there in the intense gravity as she motioned for the door to open with the lights remaining dim and only casting the red glow to know it was a danger zone. Her attention on the one outside as she looked at him with the doors opened now. He was strange then she was used to but no less then others, after you have taught an ewok nothing really seems strange while motioning him forward. "Be careful of the plating unless you are ready for heavy gravity padawan, the controls are over there on the wall if you could shut them down please."

listening to his master he walks over to the control panel being careful of the plates since getting stuck on the ground might be a bad first impression
reaching the control panel he gets onto four legs and searches for an off switch or lever finding one he pulls the lever onto off,
getting down onto all six legs he walks a little distance from the control panel and sits on his hind legs observing the strange room and then looks at his master
[member="Cathbodua"]​

[member="Pally"]

The heavy gravity went away, the crushing weight on her shoulders and body while she stood there disappearing as the jedi knight stood taller and more relaxed. The tension and readiness in her body almost disappearing before she looked at her padawan taking in more details like how he was moving. "Ah good, welcome padawan I am Cathbodua and as you can see you are going in for something a little different then what many are used to. I don't like simply telling you how to act or be, I want you to learn it in the field and in this room." She started walking now and the scars were there as she moved. "Is that understood?" Waiting a moment for him. "When you are ready go to the center of the room and we'll begin."

Trying his best not to stare at the scars as she walked he got of his hind legs and walked to the center of the room, he still wasn't sure what the room did but for the better part she looked as if she knew what she was doing which reassured pally,
barking at [member="Cathbodua"] "i am pally" hopefully she could understand him if not he would have to use actions to communicate

standing in the center of the room pally makes a feral attack stance which he learnt from his times living in the streets with other dogs
it was back legs braced and head lowered to easily strike at the neck of another dog or to leap up on a creature​

[member="Pally"]

She looked at him. "Well then Padawan Pally. Welcome to the jedi." She flipped the switch to the first setting, a half increase to make the room heavier as the doors closed and standing there the jedi knight crossed her arms. "This room is special and designed to teach students how to unconsciously use the force while preforming essential tasks. The gravity can be adjusted from anywhere to negative five which will make you nearly weightless and is great for zero g training to times five hundred normal gravity. No one uses that setting but it is there. The highest I can make for now is twenty times while still maintaining a floating meditation." She finished and adjusted it a little more. "For you we'll need to find the point you can safely meditate and function without falling over."

As she flipped the first switch pally could feel the room grow heavier around him, although it was nothing he couldn't handle, listening to her explain how the room worked he waited patiently then all of sudden she adjusts the gravity a little bit more, the room felt a bit heavier while it wasn't enough to squish him against the ground straight away he did start to feel himself straining a bit, giving himself boost of energy and saying to himself in his head ..it's only the first day no time to start laying down yet then he started straightening himself up in the center of the room as high as he can on all 6 legs.

It was at this time pally realised his master could understand him while not saying anything he started smiling well as best as he could​

[member="Pally"]

She looked at him and continued with the gravity only a little to allow him to get used to it. no point in hurting him yet but she wanted to get him tested and able to handle it. Going to some of the worlds in the unknown regions and outer rim the gravity and distractions were great, or just being in combat while she was moving with her hand extending while she had her lightwhip come to her hand and the guide wires extended. "The second step will be what you already know." SHe started walking around the room. "Tell me what you know and have learned about the jedi?"

Pallys smile quickly simmered down as his master asked him what he knew about the force, letting out a series of barks he says ​" i don't know much about being a jedi if anything" which was true considering pally hasn't even learnt the jedi code code yet, pally begins to lower his head after being asked to think about how much he knew but was quickly distracted by his master light whip, since it was like none of the lightsabers he had seen in the past he lets out two small barks "whats thats?" trying to signal to the light whip​

[member="Pally"]

She looked at him as he was speaking and she looked at the whip. "It is a lightwhip, while a saber can be impressive and useful, there is power in having somethign not many know how to deal with and counter." She didn't need to activate it just bringing back eight of the nine guides for it. "When used as my masterdid for me it becomes a great and powerful learning tool to drive the lessons into you." The heavy gravity also helped as you would continue to focus and remember over just brushing it out. "The first step to any jedi is to know the jedi code. Please tell me you were able to learn or hear it. The last initiate didn't believe a jedi should have to follow such a thing. I left him to his own devices on Hoth as I will not tolerate flights of fancy or delusions that you are the first jedi to think differently. Is that understood"

pally didn't understand combat all that well so he tried understanding what a counter was but utterly failed in the end,as his master went on about how her master used the lightwhip as a great learning tool to drive lessons into you the only thing could think of was ..how does it help you teach, if its anything like this room it's probably heavy.

As she asked him if he knew or had heard about the jedi code in the past and that the last initiate didn't follow it so she abandoned him on hoth, he quickly snapped to attention when she said is that understood? pally just gave a quick head nod and let out a few barks "i don't know the jedi code"

[member="Pally"]

Looking at him while she moved. "The whip is to teach you how to move and detect danger, with its ability to be more unpredictable. You'll learn how to dodge in heavy gravity so on most worlds you will be able to move with ease." She remained there though now moving onto the jedi code. "For the jedi it is the foundation of the jedi." She continued to walk with all of it letting her voice adjust and raise a little before speaking. "There is no emotion, there is peace." Slowly starting to make circles around the room and the gravity plating. "There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no chaos, there is harmony. There is no death, there is the Force."

​Hearing his master recite the jedi code he followed along in his head. There is no emotion , there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no chaos, there is harmony. there is no death, there is the force..... ​after his master had finished speaking he stood there motionless trying to decipher what it meant but his child mind couldn't quite comprehend it. looking at his master he barks "i don't understand, what does it mean?" he eagerly awaits for his master's reply while slightly lowering to the ground as the weight of the room pushs down on him

[member="Pally"]

In a very strange moment the jedi knight actually showed something on her face, it wasn't disappointment at the question more a look of being impressed... pleased even. Jake Jace her padawan before had failed stating he was a jedi without following the code and it got in the way. Arrogant to an extreme while she had walked around him and listened, the boy compared to this padawan lacked a critical aspect. This padawan wanted to learn which would allow her to learn and teach. "It means the heart of the jedi, the core of their being. With the code there are thousands of interpretations but all share the same general base. Peace with no emotion, a jedi will feel emotions. You are not a robot, you will have strong feelings towards different things. It is the job of a jedi to look past emotional involvement and maintain their peace in the most emotional situation."

Pally was still stumped on the meaning behind the jedi code but he somehow understood it a little better, was it the fact that his master could teach him the jedi code during his training that made him understand it better? or was it just him ignorantly wanting to understand either way he felt happier about learning the code and what it ment , starting to sweat now from the pressure of the room he pushes himself backup into a standing position " can you teach me to look past my emotions master?" looking at his master with a keen look in his eyes and a wag in his tail.

[member="Pally"]

"That is what the room is for, it teaches you how to purge emotion. If you are to angry you'll lose focus and slam into the floor, if you don't try and focus on something you are never going to be able to move. You need emotion, all living beings do but you must know when it is important because even a jedi will feel anger. In days past one of the strongest and easiest ways to turn a jedi was simply getting them angry. The more they were raised to repress the greater the unburdening and thrill of it was. Torture is just as effective as well." She moved around and adjusted the gravity to be harder before walking in and standing there with barely notice. "This is now four times the normal gravity of the planet, it will help develop your muscle as well as speed."

As the gravity is set higher so does it strain him almost to the point where pally is laying on the ground letting out a few barks "i will be your best student, master" pushing himself up with a look of anger on his face as far as he can, only to look like he is trying to pounce on something like a lion would in tall grass, taking his first few steps outwards to get a stronger stance he looks at his master snout pointing lower to the ground then he'd like waiting for his second lesson in the force while thinking to himself i will become stronger to protect those who can't protect themselves, and i will destroy this "dark side of the force" wherever it shows itself

[member="Cathbodua"]

[member="Pally"]

She was watching him now and with hands clasped behind her back, the danger of the high gravity in the room while she listened to the padawan speak about what he would do. "Good, the darkside is a dangerous thing in the galaxy and eradicating it enough that we buy time or find ways to counter it will take everyone." She wasn't delusional to think destroying the sith or the darkside would happen, the force was in need of balancing and it was much like a stream that couldn't be stopped and blocking it or throwing it out of balance... then it would work to restore itself often times violently as many had seen. SHe walked around him. "The second line of the code "There is no ignorance, there is knowledge." Refers to you here and now, a jedi is never finished learning. Those who say they know everything are fools or who know all they need to and are special compared to others. Are fools who seek attention. Even the most powerful grandmaster within the order will always still find things they can learn."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom