Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sugar, Spice And Everything Nice

Scene
Cadan sat at a small desk in the his office, looking over his first mine on Kessel. A cigar slowly burnt in an ash tray next to him, creating a gray trail up to the roof. The pirate had already disable the fire alarms in his office, because the first time he had lit up a cigar, the alarms went crazy. Now he was bent over a desk looking over finances for mining equipment.​
The pirate already had labour in the form of slaves, and soon he would begin to get droids from Mongo the Hutt.​
Character
Cadan looked around the desk at the large amounts of numbers surrounding him, not for the first time he realized that it was more than just digging a hole to work a mine. When [member="Sempra the Hutt"], had offer Cadan the job, he had intially thought it would be more shouting orders, punishing those who disobeyed and the gather credits. But so far he had only seen a large desk full of paper work. "Wish Doblar was 'ere." The pirate said as he remembered his friend who was great with numbers, but he was somewhere in Hutt Space right now. Cadan had sent him a message to come and help and he was on his way. But for now the pirate had to do it on his own.

Cadan looked around his desk where a small bag of spice lay, he had been go so far. Surprisingly he had not taken any of the horrible drug. His was to occupied with getting everything set up, and he though he would save it for a celebration.

Jemima entered the office without bothering to stop and knock, she had known him for a few years now, she guessed he probably wouldn't mind. "Hey Cadan, how are you getting on?" she asked, stroking the feathered mooka that lay in her arms. She spent a fair bit of time with Cadan, you never knew when there needed to be an emergency delivery.

After putting Pateessa down, she stood in front of the desk with her arms folded. "Is it what you were expectin'?" she asked, keeping an eye on the Mooka as it sniffed the room before going to chew the desk. "Cha uba pihoha, Pateessa!" she scolded the pet in Huttese, the only language it understood. The mooka reluctantly, but obediently, made her way over to Jemima rather sulkily.

[member="Cadan Tazi"]

Cadan looked from his desk to [member="Jemima Armandé"], attemtping to shoo away the Pateessa down with a mere wave of a hand. "Just work for this damned mine." The pirate said as he gestured for Jemima to sit down. As he did so his eyes wander towards the spice, but he drew them away.

Cadan got up and produced two cigars, offering one to Jemima. He then went over to a small table, collected two glasses and filled both with a dark liquor. As Cadan stood poring the drinks he looked out the window to his operations. The banging and clanking of metal on stone echoed throughout the area as work began to set in.

Glasses in hand, Cadan walked back to Jemima, and placed one before her before sitting down. "And who is this?" Cadan said, reaching out his hand to pat the Pateessa.

"Work? As in paper work?" Jemima asked incredulously. "I didn't think this job included so much of that." she shrugged and sat down, gratefully accepting the cigar. "Sucks to be you." she smirked childishly, resisting the urge to put her feet up.

"Oh this is Pateessa, she's a Mooka." she said, picking up the avian creature. "She only understands Huttese 'cause I found her on Tatooine, she's a runaway like me."

Jemima took the glass and drank from it heartily. "Well congratulations on the promotion, nonetheless. It was about time."

[member="Cadan Tazi"]

"Apparently it is." Cadan said with a sigh, letting the plumes of smoke surround him. He then placed the cigar down and chucked down two glasses of the alcohol, if he was going to do this work, it was going to best be done drunk.

"Run away? Just like you and me." Cadan said as he filled up his third glass. "Seems people like us is everywhere."

Cadan then raised his third class at the congratulations. " 'Opefully soon the credits will roll in." The pirate let swished his drink around in the glass before looking to [member="Jemima Armandé"]. "I've been needin' to ask you something." He took a break as he threw down the last of the drink. "What do you say about leadin' me little pack of smugglers?"

Since Cadan was now the Spice Lord, he would be needing a lot of smugglers to do simple drop and runs for him, and from what he had seen Jemima was a prime candidate.

Before [member="Jemima Armandé"] could respond to Cadan, a man simply ran into his office looking for a job. This set a flare of anger through Cadan's body. His guards were going to pay for that, maybe they would take the slaves place on the mines. "If you will excuse me." Cadan whisper to Jemima.

Slowly, Cadan walked towards the man, until he was uncomfortably close. "Give me your name, boy." This wasn't a question, it was an order. If this man was going to walk right up into Cadan's den he would need to understand the food chain, because right now he was on the bottom.

[member="Danik Star"]

i stare at cadan and reply "my name is danik star and like i said a friend told me you were hiring and if he was lying, someones gonna lose a tongue" i then look at jemima "who the hell are you?"

"It's all good to try and act tough by makin' these threats boy." Cadan said as he took a step closer to [member="Danik Star"], and nudged him with his chest. "But don't make 'em 'ere unless you is gonna go through with it." Cadan's eyes were locked on Danik. The anger flew threw Cadan's eyes as Danik ask his next question.

"Shut your mouth boy!" Cadan shouted, if Danik didn't move back, Cadan's face would be only centimeters from Danik's. "You can't just barge in 'ere and demand my senior staff to answer to you." It had been a while since Cadan had used Spice, his anger could be a result of that. Although he was also stressed about this mine. After all he was going to need it to be operational, and every second he wasted with this man, was a second away from preparing the mines.

[member="Jemima Armandé"]

Jemima smiled and sat back, she felt at ease around [member="Cadan Tazi"] more than any other member of the Jackals. She listened idly for a moment, swishing the drink around in the glass before looking back at Cadan. "Me? I'd be honoured, Cadan." she said happily.

Pateessa approached the stranger, presumably going to bite [member="Danik Star"]. Jemima made no effort to move and just remained still, drinking. "Who the hell are you?"

i step back and look at cadan "i wasn't threatening you, i was talking about my friend" i then look at jemima "danik star, and i'm sorry, i didn't see you at first and i overeacted, so who are you? if you don't mind me asking"

"Yes it would be dumb to threaten me boy." Cadan said as he spun on his heels and walked back to his desk, pouring himself another glass of whiskey. It helped him from stopping doing anything crazy. "Now, obviously I'm Cadan, and this is Jemima." As Cadan drank more of the whiskey, he felt himself becoming more calm.

"What work did your 'friend' tell you was 'ere?" Cadan asked as he offered [member="Jemima Armandé"] more whiskey.

[member="Danik Star"]

Ka-Aver leaned att eh wall outside the door to [member="Cadan Tazi"] s office. He had noticed both [member="Jemima Armandé"] and [member="Danik Star"] enter but the boss had said that he was expecting folks so he had done nothing to stop them.

He cast a glance through the dirt covered thick window offering a depressing view over a nearby mine entrance. Large machines were transporting their catch up and down broad avenues leading deep down into the heart of Kessel. The massive operations on this rock fed a large chunk of the spice industry all over the galaxy. Sometime it must dry up he thought. but for now it seemed to be an endless resource of the hellish drug causing so much pain to so many. Yet it was also the engine of the Cartel financial motor. Well, at least one of the more important engines. And Cadan had been put responsible to keep the credits flowing into the cartel coffers.
Wonder what will kill him first, the pressure from the hutts or someone wanting his position Ka-Aver added.

Well, it aint gonna happen on his watch. As if some strange force wanted to pull his leg with that thought a short turmoil errupted from the office. Agitated voices escaped the office, someone threatening the boss?

He grabbed his two handed vibrostaff and rushed into the room, other cartel enforcers in close pursuit. While the security might seem lack there was an army of gangsters eager to pull their triggers at anything threatening the Duros - motivated by both credits and the mere fact that without Cadan their status in the cartel would hit rock bottom straight away. Working for the top dogs meant benefits that no one wanted to loose.

Halting just inside Ka-Aver held up a hand in the air stopping the men behind him.

"Everything alright bozz?" he asked and eyed the two guests with suspicion.

[member="Ka-Aver"] was one of the most loyal members of the Cartel that Cadan had come across. Now here he was rushing in, ready to protect him. This was the type of man that Cadan needed around his mines. Cadan had thought more than once, that Ka would need a pay raise from the Hutts. They always seemed to have spare credits for things such as mine equipment, but when it came to scooping out a few for a simple pay raise it was like asking to buy a planet!

Cadan looked to Ka. He knew that he wasn't in danger from this young man, but it was always good to have some extra support. "All good friend." Cadan said as he gestured for Ka-Aver to enter the room. "Some drink?" He asked, although he already knew that answer. Cadan quickly poured a glass and passed it to Ka-Aver.

Outside the dirty window, machinery sparked to life, and the clanking all began again. Time for the credits to begin to flow in.

[member="Danik Star"] [member="Jemima Armandé"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom