Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sugar and Spice.... maybe a little bone and Alchemy as well.

For the second time I came to a Ship called the Cold Harbor. I thought that I would never be here since my last visit with Rave Merrill on the talk about the Sith poison that ran through my veins. And the severity of my arm and how it continued to grow more and more. Still, I came here not for the skin. I came here for a possible weapon.

I carried a broken vibrosword with me. I wanted a replacement for this weapon because it was the one thing that kept me alive while I was looking for a way to survive. Now that it had served its purpose, I needed something more durable to use as a main weapon. While I had a Lightsaber. I never truly trusted them. They still felt awkward in my hand with the very light weapon. I wanted something more.... tangible. I heard a few stories of my Older Brother Morna carrying a Sword made out of the force and Sith alchemy to create a very durable blade that could protect against many forms of combat.

Thats why I came to the Cold Harbor. I knew that a Sith Alchemy shope was here. And a few Alchemists that worked for the Fringe Confederacy. I wanted to find someone to possibly help me with the creation of this sword.

So with the sword idea in my mind, I walked down the halls to the Alchemy lab. There may have been someone there as I needed. Maybe Rave was there again? but I doubted it as there was a rumor out among the soldiers that Rave had turned into some monster and left suddenly. But there could be a chance right?

I knew almost nobody else here and well. Once more I was alone.

[member="Lord Dissero"].

Rave was not there, which was not wholly unusual. The Alchemist Witch kept her own schedule as much of the Fringe Masters tended to do. This Confederacy was not a compilation of Jedi who milled about a Temple day in and day out, ever-studious over their pupils. This was a war machine, whose cogs turned independently but fit well when cohesion was required.

Cold Harbor was a unique place within the Fringe, as it was here that many of those cogs did constantly churn away in tandem to the bigger beast. Here, the powers of many came together, serving the greater goal.

The Alchemy Lab was not empty on this day, though access into the greater workshop was often restricted to Masters and their students.

Dissero emerged from within, bare chest covered in sweat and ash. He smelled of embers and the arcane. The sigil of the Dark Sith Order burned into his sternum gleamed beneath the soot, glowing with an otherwordly power.

"Evening," the man greeted the newcomer, moving to a nearby basin to rinse his hands, "if you need to speak to a shopkeep I can find one for you in the workshop."

[member="Nickolas Imura"]

I was entering the room when a man that opened the door came out bare chested and had a darker skin tone from the soot that was caked onto his body from sweat or water to keep himself cool. I could feel the waft of hot air that came from the open door as he spoke. Saying that if I needed to speak to a shopkeep that he would help me. I nodded my head and spoke.

"Yes, I am looking for really anyone that can help me with a little understanding of a type of weapon. A Sithsword?"

Giving the man his question so he could answer me about anyone that could help me with this. Even if Rave was not there to help me, I would like anyone's help. because of this, I wanted some weapon to aid me and my endeavors of searching for my Brother. I raised my eyebrow and looked behind him to see a forge that was lit with the heat of coals and what looked to possibly be some others who were working on a many number of things. I then changed my attention back to the man,

"You see, I want a blade that can replace this and that I can use for all situations of battle or otherwise. You can help me with that right?"

I had a slight doubt that he could, I mean it was said that someone who knew a lot about Sith Alchemy was rare, and if they did know something, It was just a handful of things to pass by as a mere alchemist. But this man was different I could feel the power radiating from him. Something told me that he was not one of those handful of people that knew very little. I had a gut feeling that there was more to this man than meets the eye.

[member="Lord Dissero"]

Eyeing the vibrosword at the man's side, Dissero gave a tut at its state. The pieces were damaged beyond repair, and truly it would not have been worth the effort to do so. A faint smirk graced his stubbled face at the mention of a Sith Sword and for a moment, the Archivist lamented the loss of the great Truesword of the Dreadlady Sable. Now that had been a magnificent weapon even if its power had been utterly unruly in his hands.

"Quite a few Sithswords are forged and sold here, and you are welcome to view the selection. There may yet be something suitable for you, but in all honesty-" he wiped his hands dry on a clean towel, "no Sithsword is better in your hands than the one you have forged for yourself."

I watched as the man looked at the sword, to allow him a closer look at the damage done over only a few months of use, I moved it from my side and in front of us for it to be more visible. He looked at it, and to see his reaction of a smirk confirmed that it was not in good shape as I had thought. He started to clean his hands as he spoke about making them here and selling them. It peaked my interest to know that they were selling them, and then my mind changed once more to his continuation of words of how a Sithsword is better when it was forged by myself.

I looked at him as he spoke these words with renewed interest. I nodded my head, looking to either side of me as though I were selling spice, "Lets say I wanted to make my own sword, Where would I learn from such a person to create one to my fitting?" Asking him that if I was interested in making one, which don't get me wrong I was, where I could learn or be taught about how to make one.

I remember attempting to make a Force-imbued sword back before I had joined the Fringe Confederacy. However, the sword did not work to my liking, and the man who had taught me, did not help me in ways that I needed. I was left hanging by his instruction and only got halfway through. So I had very little background on using the force as a way to enhance a blade, but it was better than none at all.

[member="Lord Dissero"]

"I would suggest an Alchemy Lab complete with Forge, preferably one with an experienced Alchemist and Forger," hands clasped at his back, Dissero rocked onto the balls of his feet, amiably smiling.

Silencia, a short glance, the man gave a small startle, "Goodness, you seem to be in the right place! Now where ... Alchemist and Forger..." he looked around, and upon finding himself the only one befitting of the requirements, turned back to Acolyte and a bob of his eyebrows, "I suppose I'll have to do. Lord Dissero, experienced Alchemist and Forger, at your service. Now, shall we discuss your payment for the materials and my mentorship?"

His suggestion of a forge and Alchemy lab were preferred by one who could do both. I nodded to him as he looked around for anyone that could help me with this. And when he didn't find anyone. he referred to himself as one who could do this for me. Well more so that he was only the one able to help me in the creation of my Blade. I nodded my head as he introduced himself as Lord Dissero. Sounded almost like Discord.

And well it was not that hard to remember that. I smiled and offered my hand, "Nickolas Imura, and yes we can."

[member="Lord Dissero"]

"Sorry," Dissero eyed the man's hand, "I don't shake hands."

He made quick work of running up the numbers on materials cost, and upon following the transaction lead Imura through the doorway at the back and into a lift that would take them down to the forges. As the gates open the heat of the running furnaces fell across their skin like a wave of dulled flames.

Skin of his upper body already bare, Dissero inhaled deeply the air of the smith. It smelled of steel and embers and sorcery.

"No loose clothing," he indicated to Imura, moving to a side wall where he picked up two alchemy masks.

[[Sorry for the wait. I knew I was missing some threads from my LOA but couldn't figure out which ones.]]

As the man said he did not accept hands. I felt almost awkward. As though this man didn't trust me. However, it could have been just his culture ideals that kept him from shaking hands. None the less, I took my hand and rubbed it down my pants as though it was sweaty. He then led me through the door counting up the charges that I would need for this weapon. I knew that it would cost alot. But I could pay for it. If it was more, then I could send in the good word of my master and I would earn the credits from him to pay off this man. I was still new to being a second in command on the capitol of the Fringe, Owing almost an entire city. Literally I owned the police and the military that worked within my city limits.

I watched as the man breathed in heavily of the smoke and ash in the air. being that I didn't spend alot of time in the forges, I could already smell the hairs on my right arm singe down to stubbles. and the small hairs on my puberty ridden face shrink down from the heat. At the continuation of the man's words, he spoke of not having loose clothing. My pants were fine as they hugged my body fairly well. Should I have to get into a fight, it would be easy to slip past a blade or weapon with not so loose clothes. THe closest thing to "loose clothing" was my tank top. I slid it over my head to show my lean muscular form underneath. Having faint tan lines across my shoulders and my neckline, it was apparent I wore the likes often.

As the man picked up two masks, I only wondered if they were supposed to protect our faces from the hot coals and smelting metals that were in the shop or not. I was slightly eager, and he could probably tell so in my voice as I spoke, "What else?"

((It's okay, I didn't know if you forgot or not so I decided to tag you again.))

[member="Lord Dissero"]

"Truthfully, if you had a year I would take you through the painstaking process of sword crafting starting with the very basic; a wooden sword. But I haven't that kind of time, mate, and your fee ain't worth my full breadth knowledge, either. We'll get right to it then, and if you listen either you'll come out of here with a decent weapon that you'll likely need to replace in the future or you'll be sorely disappointed. I don't promise for product, only the knowledge to make it."

Dissero strapped the mask to his head, tipping it over his forehead before passing the second to Imura and leading him down past the forges to a long, wooden stand set against a wall that held a large variety of unrefined blanks. "You will not be casting your own steel, not on the first make. That comes when you've taken the time to read, study, and understand the process, and practiced use of the forge with one of these: blanks forged by yours truly. These are unfinished, with plenty of refinement required to allow for ... personalization on the blade and its furniture and fittings. I would suggest starting small, the forge is more forgiving with shorter, narrower blades, and those can be alchemized for durability. Longer, broader swords I daresay are out of your current skillset, all the same if you are feeling bold and your pockets are deep ... Choose wisely."

Listening to all that was being spoken, It would need for me to have years over years of study, education in the field to understand how to fold the metals together. Placing the mask over my face, I followed him in. Paying attention over the small rumbles of the flames. Speaking about smaller thinner swords at first as they were easier to work with, as well that it took less materials to make a sword out of. WHile he said he could give me knowledge, and not product, I understood him.

He was giving me the ability to make other swords, and that I would have to learn through my own experience and uses of the forge to make better product. I would have to learn for myself. Following him, I spoke, "I want to learn how to make one. If I am to learn all that I can, I need to start somewhere. A thin and shorter sword would work as I prefer that kind of weapon over broadswords, or claymore."

[member="Brom Burnside"], [member="Brom Burnside"],

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom