Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suddenly the bright centre to the universe…

tatooine_by_corvusraaf-d9alut6.jpg

Usually Corvus was verbose when it came to matters Jedi but struggled when it came to talking about any other subject.

Until now.

As they travelled on her Jedi Corvette, Corvus initially glowered at Cornix – her protocol droid and a gift from a grateful Padawan – to keep away. He had a sarcastic side and Corvus was in no mood for his banter right now. But sooner or later Braith would have to meet him – just not yet!

Initiallyy Corvus talked about history. Ancient to her but in many ways the future to Braith. She was a scholar but tried to keep it light. It was a potted history of the Jedi and the Sith. Of other users of the Force that Corvus had either met or read about – including the Fallanassi and the Disciples of Twilight.

And she talked of the Jedi Code and her experience of the Potentium. Which was a roundabout way of broaching the subject of her Jedi beliefs and how they would work now.

“When we talked before – when you spoke through the Sith Silara, I told you who I was and how…inflexible I can be. But you have opened my eyes, not just my heart.”

They were seated in the cockpit, still in hyperspace, the stars bright lines that streaked past the cockpit windows.

“There is something called the Potentium. And it talks of the need to distinguish between those that do good and those that perform acts of evil. That is the real issue we face today – not so much the use of the Light or Dark-side of the Force.”

“Once upon a time it was grey. I suspect in your time. Then we created black and white. You were good or evil. You used the Light or Dark-side of the Force. It was clear cut but maybe artificial.”

“Now I see this – and accept it’s a contentious viewpoint. But who is good? The Dark-sider who saves lives or the Light-sider that kills for the sake of it? If you put it that way, a child would give you an odd look if you said what so many believe.”

She stared into Braith’s eyes. “It took you to help me see that. So you see, as well as my heart, you have changed my mind too. And I suspect that many would find one hard to believe and both…impossible.”

She smiled and despite her happiness was actually growing a little nervous. She had no pride and had never considered he ‘retirement home’ to be anything other than functional. It was an extension of her. She dressed for practicality. Her home had one decoration – a mural of her home city at night. Her office and room on Ossus was the same. As was her ship.

This was Raven 2, so named because her little sister stole the first one. And due to a few landing mishaps, this was possibly Raven 6 or 7 – but they all looked identical. Only by opening the wardrobe door would you see anything that was personal – in this case Corvus’ three dresses. Of which two were still in the wrappings they came in from the store she’d acquired them from in Coronet city. A little while ago. Wel…six years to be precise.

And suddenly she wanted to show them to Braith, to ask her opinion on the shoes she’d chosen to go with them (albeit some years after she’d bought the dresses).

So it was a mixture of excitement and trepidation that she felt as the ship exited hyperspace and there was Tatooine. It was night-time where her small house was. She’d named it Jewel in reference to her home city and one day it was going to be a dewback and eopie ranch. Her nearest neighbours were Tusken raiders – who kept an eye on the place when she wasn’t around.

As they headed to the surface, Corvus couldn’t contain being more than a little geeky. “This is near the Pika Oasis. It’s the site that once was the home of a Jedi I hold in high regard. A Jedi whose holocron I now hold.”

“It is rudimentary but comfortable. And I know I shouldn’t justify myself, but I can’t help it. I’d live in a cardboard box if I could be with you. But in return, I want to give you a palace because that’s what you deserve.”

And she held Braith close…words no longer required. Braith was now entering Corvus’ world. And like night needs morning, Corvus’ world needed Braith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpv9UJX95ww

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU4hhNKsPog[/media]​
Perhaps Braith's life, up until now, had been largely fantasy - something fabricated by those who had used her for subjugation of an united Pax Insul some thousands of years ago - but even today, at this moment, she just couldn't find it in herself to find talks of good and evil, besides wanting to eliminate the evil because they were the enemies of the woman that she was currently sitting besides, interesting or engaging. Maybe she was spoiled, maybe she just didn't know better, but the way Corvus seemed stuck on the subject made her feel just a tiny bit antsy inside. Had she done something she hadn't have? She knew what she'd been directed into doing, taught as being acceptable, had been bad by the Jedi's standards, but she couldn't recall ever doing anything that would be considered evil, like mass-genocide - she didn't consider the accelerated rains to really constitute as intentional nor genocide, doubting anyone actually died from a longer rainy season. The only other thing she could think of were those crystals - which were her way of keeping the souls of those killed in her name alive in her own way. Sure, they were physically dead, but their souls - their spirits - were kept in a form of stasis, so to speak, by preserving them in wild force crystals. If she hadn't have done that, they simply would have died for entirely no reason. With a nod she acknowledged Corvus's return to the Sith that had essentially been her method of contacting her. "Why do they have to be good, or evil?" She asked, interjecting an honest question while Corvus peered into her eyes. She wasn't trying to debate the statement, or Corvus's uncertainty, but just understand the social mechanisms of the galaxy outside of her secluded past. "I understand this.. dark side of the.. force?.. I understand that it seems to corrupt those who use it, so I understand why you try to protect people from themselves and protect others from them, but I don't understand the correlation of the nature of this power with good or evil. I see it can be considered wrong or perhaps bad, but evil? I think that is a little extreme." Braith explained, having waited for Corvus to pause.

After several moments of pause, before they made their descent, she lightly tapped Corvus's arm and lightly tugged at her wrist, trying to get ample eye contact with a rather serious, concerned, expression on her face. With her eyebrows knit together, towards the top of her brow, Braith swallowed hard and gathered her concerned thoughts. "I come from a small, secluded, culture that did not know of this 'force', we called it the 'source' because we considered it to be the primordial entity from which the gods were sprung and all life began. It was only power to us, abilities, we never attributed good or evil to it, only to who it was that was using it - and usually why. I am no so sure how much is different from my little world to the rest of the galaxy, especially now, but I've learned that bringing up a subject that is slightly related to whom you're talking to in this sort of context usually means you are trying to communicate, indirectly, with that person about their relationship with that subject - and in this context, I'm concerned that you're talking about me and this view on evil as though I've been doing something horrible." The Alua'an rambled, taking a moment to pause, to let her words sink in for just a moment, before she continued. "Have I done something? If I have, please tell me. I don't want to be this source of uncertainty and unease for you - I want to be good for you, healthy. If I am similar to this 'dark side' then I want to change for you." Braith said with concern still evident in her voice and on her face. She was happy that Corvus enjoyed her company, the way she kept her close was proof enough for that - if there had been any doubt before. To be quite honest, Braith wasn't entirely sure why she was focusing on being so defensive, she knew Corvus to be accepting of her, but for whatever reason she felt more at ease the more they talked it out. More comfortable.

It was a big galaxy, and Corvus's world both overwhelmed and scared her.

As she’d already experienced, the problems with emotions is that there is a tap – at least in Corvus’ case – and she could control the flow, but not filter them. Happiness and love were excellent to experience but guilt and sadness came with it and it was these that now were front and foremost.

She sensed something in [member="Braith"] before she heard anything. And Corvus suddenly experienced a pain. Not in any particular place. Her heart was slightly racing, but not in a good way. And there was certainly discomfort which was in her stomach…and her brain…and maybe her heart…she seemed unable to pinpoint it. But she felt it none the less.

She may not be an expert on emotions but she wasn’t stupid. She was aware that she’d been banging on about good and evil. Lecturing most like – as if Braith were some Youngling – or worse a Sith – that was hauled in front of the Grand Master for a rebuke.

Her face flushed and she struggled for words. Why was it a feeling as powerful and strong as love was at the same time so fragile for the receiver. She considered her own love for Braith as unbreakable – and would withstand anything. Yet the love she received she felt was made of finest porcelain. Frail, beautiful and delicate beyond belief. It needed to be wrapped in cotton wool – yet at the same time she mustn’t smother it. Life? Love? Why was it so complicated?

So she wanted to answer Braith’s question yet gloss over it at the same time. To show she was listening and avoid sounding judgemental at the same time. Corvus was sure the colour from her cheeks had spread to her neck now. She wanted to kick herself. She knew she was a novice but had underestimated just how much.

“Good, evil, bad…they are just words. And perhaps I set too much store by them. Or rather use them too glibly. I believe in doing good. That is it really.”

She knew it was a rubbish explanation but found her eyes filling as she considered she might be pushing Braith away before they’d even landed. And how, if she shared this, there was every chance Braith would be equally offended by her lack of faith in her.

Corvus wanted to scream. Or read a book on the subject. Or both. But before she could do either, Braith broached the subject again. And gave her the chance to put things right...she hoped.

“Braith. Mo chuisle. You have done nothing wrong. It is me. I have been insensitive and foolish and…lots of other stuff you don’t need to hear. I have spent time talking about irrelevant things. You are not Dark. You are not evil. I do not want you to change. I call you mo chuisle for a reason. You are my pulse. Without you I don’t think I could live. Which might seem odd given how long we’ve known each other but in one sense I’ve known you for years. But regardless, I want you just the way you are. I love you just the way you are. Because you are perfect.”

She held her close, breathing in the smell of her hair, delighting in the touch of the woman in her arms. Her eyes were closed and she felt so contented yet needed to ask one thing of Braith. “Please forgive me.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9AFMVMl9qE

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGp8bh7JUYc[/media]​
Braith's expression shifted almost immediately after Corvus began her initial, visible, reaction to what she'd said. Before people spoke there was a strange and unnatural pause and a certain glint in their eyes before they made their thoughts vocal, and she could already tell that Corvus was panicking like she had been just moments before. The irony of the situation almost made her want to smile at their mutual awkwardness, though deeper still she felt sick. It wasn't the Jedi, or this talk of good and evil, or anything about the force, but just the embarrassment of the misunderstanding that made her want to make herself scarce. In the moment of pause between both of them speaking, Braith inched her hand towards her companion's while she kept much-needed eye contact with the Grandmaster. Perhaps she was fortunate to not be an empath, like Corvus, but if it meant understanding what pained the Jedi it would be a burden worth bearing. The rushed answer that Corvus gave her and the coloring of her face confirmed the assumptions she'd made off of the Jedi's expressions and as if instinctual her own expression shifted to comforting worry. Almost as soon as she'd asked her if she'd done something wrong she wanted to wave away the words - just the look on Corvus's face told her she'd taken things too far, mistaken too much.

And then came the reassuring response, what she'd been looking for. In hindsight, looking back on just these last few minutes, Braith wondered if she'd become insecure after all of the mishaps she'd been involved in - wondered if it was because this was her first, and only, relationship she'd been in. Before she could properly think of a response she felt arms on her and the pleasant softness of Corvus's hair against the side of her head. "You've done nothing wrong, Corvus - there isn't anything to forgive." She whispered, turning the one-sided hug into a mutual embrace. "I misunderstood you, it's okay. I should be the one apologizing." Braith added and leaned her head against the taller woman's. For a woman that had lived in nature with hardly any access to "modern" technology, even technology that was modern in her time, and had witnessed such beautiful things such as a full moon that went uninterrupted by looming lights or the beginnings of a sunrise and the ending of a sunset, she certainly felt that the most beautiful thing she'd ever seen in her entire life was currently sitting beside her. Part of her was worried that she was going to have too much expected of her, being called perfect certainly made things uneasy for her, but she was starting to understand how Corvus meant what she said. "Come on, smile. You look much better with one, frowns don't suit you as well." She said quietly with a partially forced smile on her own face. Of course she didn't expect a few words to make everything easier, so she did what she hoped would become the cure-all for situations like this. Because of the way they were positioned there wasn't really a way to properly kiss Corvus's lips without breaking their contact so she did what seemed to be infinitely more protective. A tilt of her head and she kissed the side of the Jedi's neck, if only briefly enough, and rubbed her right hand along Corvus's back in an effort to help smooth the situation over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngNrocw7SAU

Given the last time that they ‘danced’ this was a welcome change.

Of course the previous time was when they’d faced during a confrontation between the One Sith and the Republic. Corvus wondered how much control [member="Braith"] had over the Sith Lord back then? She’d given her a hefty kick in the stomach and received a decent blow herself. This dance was less physically painful but just as deadly.

For now she was navigating the delicate steps associated with the early days of courtship. And Corvus was currently blessed with two left feet.

Was it a blessing or a curse that Braith seemed to be fairing little better? One thing struck Corvus. If they could navigate the first few days, they should find life afterwards a waltz. But for now, it seemed a tango was in order.

For a start they were tripping over themselves to apologise. Which was endearing until it became annoying. Sooner or later they would both have to relax into the relationship – and given all they’d done so far was hug and exchange one kiss…well, there were plenty more ‘firsts’ to negotiate before they could feel totally relaxed in each other’s company.

Not that Corvus was not enjoying the adrenaline rush that came with living on the edge – she just wished there was a guarantee that their would be an ever after that could be happy.

Above all, she needed to share with Braith who she was. Not the Jedi, the person. If there was such a thing? In truth there had to be, or else it would be a short relationship. Which was Corvus’ way of worrying all over again. For oddly, she loved Braith just as she was – and suspected the feeling was mutual. But something written down would give more confidence. Or barring that a sworn statement. She almost laughed out loud at her own paranoia.

But then she received something far more rewarding and equally as affirmative. Braith’s words and touch.

And suddenly it mattered nothing that she was a novice at these things. Thoughts, feelings, emotions and actions seemed to manifest themselves unbidden.

To begin with she smiled. She could not stop it even if she wanted to. Not that she did – for Braith wished her to be happy. And she nuzzled into Braith’s touch. The lips on her neck and the hand on her back.

And then Corvus turned to face Braith properly. A hand slowly and gently raised. Her right index finger touched her chuisle’s lips. The meaning was clear. No more words.

And then she softly replaced her outstretched finger with her own lips. It was as electric as the first time and once more the moment deserved to last a lifetime. How could anything in life surpass this? Corvus didn’t know – that much was certain.

This promised to be the best day of her life.

Conflict. The story of Corvus’ life.

Not in the way most people view it – where all they think of is fighting. But in the sense of being at variance.

Like being a Jedi and a person. Like having a sister that was a Sith Lord. Like…

Well, like wanting to be gentle whilst at the same time her emotions were demanding her hormones acted upon instinct and be…well…less than gentle.

Passion. Strong and barely controllable. Not one for the Jedi reference books. When she’d had time to reflect on her current behaviour, she’d recognise the need to close that one down in times of trouble.

But here and now she embraced it. Given they were in the desert, there were few creatures nearby, so she was safe to open up to her emotions fully – for there was only Braith.

And staying here suited Corvus just fine. She opened her eyes for just long enough to take in the beauty of Braith’s smile. It was radiant – and Corvus noted that when she smiled, her eyes lit up too – to such an extent that the room glowed with joy. At least for Corvus that was the case. And she decided she needed to make [member="Braith"] smile as much as possible – for the feeling was quite simply intoxicating. Alcohol had no effect on her, but one smile from Braith and she felt giddy.

But then their eyes were closed once more and she felt Braith’s hand on her shoulder, pulling her even closer – their bodies now pressed firmly together. And she felt the guidance that came with it – that they should lie rather than sit on the coach they were currently sharing and Corvus yielded.

Just love me? The words in Corvus’ head were at once beautiful and confusing. How do you just love someone that means so much to you? Corvus wanted to offer more.

‘I can’t do the talk, and I can’t sing a love song,’ she shared as they manoeuvred into a laying position on the couch. ‘I can’t do everything. But I’ll do anything for you. I can’t do anything except be in love with you.’

Corvus’ conflict was at its full height now. Gentleness was slowly losing the battle as passion took hold. Feelings could not be denied. Longings could not be ignored. Her arms held Braith close but slowly they began to move. She created a small space between their bodies and caressed the nape of Braith’s neck with one hand as she ran a finger along her jaw with another - before joining lips once more. The tension was palpable, the anticipation electric.

They had a lifetime to share – yet Corvus felt there was a need to rush – and it was all she could do to slow herself down. More conflict? If it was only this enjoyable all the time.

She could feel her heart beat – the adrenaline of the situation taking over. It was entirely prophetic.

‘Mo chroi…Mo chuisle…’ Even her thoughts were breathless now…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKI2FgH87ww

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLiYbBgGzE0

Corvus was growing…learning.

Already conflict was an outdated term for what she was feeling. Instead she already saw it in entirely a different way. Balance. It was about living with both sides of her persona – the Jedi and the woman. In not seeing them as opposed but somehow complimentary.

In a sense like herself and Braith. Different but by no means opposites. Two halves of a perfect one. Except, as you do, she saw her other half as true perfection.

Fifteen minutes ago, Corvus was self-aware of her scars for the first time ever. The small one above her left eye and the horizontal one under her bottom lip were small – inflicted by Bayala’s light-whip. They only really showed up when she was tanned, which was rare.

But suddenly she was conscious of the large amount of scarring on her left shoulder and upper arm – courtesy of a One Sith sniper on her first ever Invasion. And the four, or was it five times broken ankles that meant so much surgery as to give her significant discolouration of the skin. And the ribs broken so often and the various burns from near-misses from sabers – and she felt oddly uncomfortable. Yet Braith hadn’t batted an eye and made her feel secure with herself as a result.

So she lay, perfectly relaxed and fiddled with Braith’s hair. “Me? Get tired? I meditate a lot – and get by on three maybe four hours of sleep a day.” It was answered in a fun way. Yes it was true but she knew [member="Braith Achlys"] didn’t mean it to be answered seriously.

And she wondered if that look on Braith’s face was mirrored on her own. She blushed as she was sure it was. “Blue milk? You want to talk blue milk?” She smiled broadly, her fingers twirling Braith’s hair into ringlets that fell apart them moment she let go.

“It’s milk…and it’s blue.” She burst out laughing for no apparent reason. Her mood was so positive; it wouldn’t take much to tip her into a fit of the giggles.

She cherished the following kiss. Their continued touch. And she raised an eyebrow at Braith’s next words. Was it a playful euphemism, or was she actually referring to the fact that they’d landed? But she took the nod as a helpful hint and assuming the latter, she stared through the viewport, visible from where they lay. If anyone deserved two sunsets, it was Braith.

And she was privileged to share Braith’s first one here, so she reluctantly sat up and spoke. “Let’s go outside. Then blue milk and then…let’s wait and see.” Corvus was sure that look was plastered on her own face again. She would have to learn how to suppress that one in company!

The question was a surprise for her. She’d never even considered the concept of favourite colours before. But without thinking she had an answer. “Blue. And violet.” And she stared into the reasons she arrived at that answer. Surely the sunset could wait another fifteen minutes? And if not, there was always tomorrow…

'All I want is the taste that your lips allow…'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOjdXSrtUxA

Balance was wonderful, balance was perfection, balance was…Braith and Corvus. Already they were predicting each other’s thoughts, needs, emotions and actions.

They talked about going outside but deep down they both wanted to stay. For sure there was a bedroom close by but their desire for
immediacy was getting the better of them. Despite their combined innocence and inexperience, they were making up for it with exuberance. Their combined ages didn’t relate to their know-how – but it didn’t seem to make a jot of difference.

She was aware that look had crept back on her face. Almost broad enough to be a false smile, it was…pure indulgence and delight wrapped up into one – the sight of Braith, her proximity, the smell of her, all entirely intoxicating.

And Corvus was high.

And the look she received back! You didn’t need to be an expert in these matters to know what those eyes were saying to her. And she was not about to say no. She blushed slightly as her mind raced as to what she hoped Braith had in mind – and her words simply sealed the deal.

So no doubt a look of mild disappointment crossed her face when Braith moved to get up, but that smile returned when she realised why her goddess had done so. Was it wicked to stare? For Corvus drank in Braith’s beauty then and there. And not sips, but gulps as her eyes took in every aspect of her body – her hands unsure what to do. Her mind certainly had ideas but she didn’t want to spoil the moment by rushing, by offending.

And she took Braith’s blushing to be an indication that she too was slightly awkward at the intimacy. Delighted but at the same time unsure. Frightened to make a wrong move. And she felt the heat in her own cheeks rising. So she shook her head, dumbstruck as Braith suggested they wait for tomorrow’s sunset.

And much to Corvus’ delight and relief, Braith took control. The kisses were sublime, the rotation of their bodies affording Corvus a position from which she could reciprocate their awkwardness. For it was an endearing embarrassment that Corvus both felt and sensed.
And mesmerised by Braith’s lips as she spoke, Corvus did as she was asked. Jedi robes were entirely practical, but they had a lot of layers! Yet this actually made the moment special, as the extra time taken became a sort of tease – which layer would reveal Corvus beneath the façade of the Jedi?

All thoughts of the scars were pushed aside as she finally reached a point where they were both ready. Braith was lying down and Corvus was sitting up, staring down at the object of her affection. Of her love and...if she was entirely honest…her lust.

Corvus knew Meditation has the unfortunate side-effect of enabling the practitioner to lose track of time. Well tonight she added a second reason that time would be irrelevant.

As Corvus lay there, some hours later, unwilling to sleep – the light of the moons shining into the craft – she wondered just when they might see the sunset. It might be weeks away at this rate. She kissed Braith gently on the head, her arm cradling the Alua’an, so her head was resting on Corvus’ chest and she sighed.

A contented sigh. Life couldn’t get any better than this she thought as her thumb and forefinger rubbed Braith’s shoulder gently. "Good night mo chuisle," she whispered. And she finally fell into a contented sleep.

[member="Braith Achlys"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom