Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Such Good Luck

Aerys Yvarro

A
VVVDHjr.png

IMPERIAL + LOST SOLDIER
COMMONWEALTH CITIZEN

D O S U U N

6sLAOo2.png
Aerys had a few guests to welcome, her home rested in the countryside somewhere south of Avalonia. It wasn't as large as some of the other estates, but it was just enough for the veteran of Tython. A quiet place on her homeworld away from the eyes of the public, and as it so happened on that day it was a very wanted thing to be away from the public. Aerys would be expecting a special guest, Kirie Kirie who thanks to, Aerys was alive to even enjoy such a sight as an Avalonian sunrise. The young woman had little in the way of servants, minimal at best to keep the house itself running. Beside her, as she crossed the great lawn, two faithful companions, Jasper and Rupert.

7nHVsHf.png

They were a cross between the Kriti Hounds of Southern Dosuun and the Flatte Retrievers of Northern Dosuun. Together they trudged along after their master, tails happily wagging in the air whilst they followed. Aerys looked up toward the home and gave a smile, it seemed her friends had arrived sooner than she thought. The survivors of the squad that had been with her at Tython. From their cars, they disembarked, aided by servants when necessary. Jasper and Rupert ran ahead to greet them. Once Aerys had closed the distance she began to pull a few in for a hug, "great to see you." She began, holding some tighter than others they each wore their veteran's jackets. On them had been a small award from the Galactic Alliance, something that normally gave room for arched eyebrows around Dosuun.

Nevertheless, there were plenty of conversations between the lot, they would each be shown inside the manor. Welcomed once more by servants and shown into their designated meeting area. The home was warmly decorated with mementos of Aerys' service with the New Imperial Order before its transformation into a tyrannical empire. Decorated with gifts and thank yous, from Fortan family on Galidraan I. The old flag hung about with pride beside the old First Order's flag, all neatly placed by a hired decorator as Aerys couldn't have been bothered with it. "Glad you blokes could make it," began Aerys, still dressed in black, the only color she could ever really feel comfortable wearing.

The conversation between Aerys and the squad hadn't gone on too long, tea had only just been brought about when Kirie's arrival had been announced. The squad moved from their seats and followed Aerys out of the manor. There they would not only greet Kirie but welcome them into the manor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Avalonia,
Dosuun

Aerys Fortan

-

Kirie had been to many official commemorations and vigils since the end of the Mawite conflicts, but there were none like the one to which she was travelling.

Years ago now, while Tython near shattered around them, Aerys, Kirie and the rest of the 313th had fought together for their lives in a brutal fighting retreat. In doing so they had committed and act of political blasphemy.

Now it had brought Kirie to Avalonia, a city she had visited only once, in her youth, and vowed never to return to.

But that was a long time ago, and today the sun was shining as Kirie took the shuttle from the starport to the small country estate where the reunion was to be held.

They touched down and Kirie set out across the lawn towards the house. A pair of hounds came running out to greet her and she knelt down to put them, grateful for their appearance. She was suddenly nervous. The prospect of a new place and customs was always intimidating, but especially so somewhere with such deep Imperial roots as Dosuun.

As she straightened up, Kirie saw familiar yet changed faces appear from inside the manor. She smiled despite her nerves and strode up to Aerys, embracing the woman warmly

"I can't believe it." Kirie said, releasing the woman. "All this time later and we're still here."

Moving along, Kirie reintroduced herself to the others. It was the first time learning some of their names, even though on Tython, they had been willing to lay down their lives to cover her escape.

Kirie's eyes grew misty and she swallowed. There would be time for tears later. Today was for celebrating the fact that in all this upheaval, they remained.

She looked around the entrance hall, trying to push down her apprehension at the Imperial and First Order artefacts displayed proudly across the space. At this moment, none of that mattered.

"Shall we head inside?"

Aerys Yvarro

A
VVVDHjr.png

IMPERIAL + LOST SOLDIER
COMMONWEALTH CITIZEN

D O S U U N

Aerys couldn't help but smile, laugh warmly, and exhale. How long had it been since they had survived the nightmare that had been the Maw's Invasion of Tython, the sith order that was hellbent on destroying the world altogether. The former stormtrooper embraced Kirie with ease and when released she responded in kind, "still here, breathing and smiling." There was a gentleness with Aerys' tone and the way she looked at Kirie. Perhaps amazement would be the way to describe how she felt that they were both still there, alive. The 313th elements that were there on that fateful day on Tython had largely come from Dosuun.

A few tears that appeared on some faces were of joy. The realization that such a hellscape had survived that on that fateful day, they had been so willing to lay down their lives so that others could live. For they, the 313th would later come to understand that both the Barran' led Galidraanis and the NIO had left them for dead. Their survival was owed to that of the Galactic Alliance, and for them, it had been such a strange set of circumstances. Nevertheless, the heaviness of the moment was far from lost. Aerys had to wipe her own tears from her face, a smile through the soft tears that had rolled down moments before.

As they entered back into the manor, the group talked softly amongst each other. "These are all relics," mentioned Aerys in her attempt to comfort Kirie. With a reassuring smile on her features as they headed for the sitting room, Aerys often broke typical protocol as to where certain events or refreshments should be held. "Please," gestured Aerys as she motioned for a rather comfortable-looking chair, "have a seat, tea, coffee, beverages of your choice, we have biscuits, and scones - the servants here can fetch them for you."

She took a seat near Kirie, and sighed softly, some of the lads had gathered here as well. "Now, then, perhaps we can become better acquainted. I'll start off, I am Sergeant Aerys Fortan." Began the former squad leader as the others then introduced themselves. Jasper and Rupert made their way back into the sitting room, "these are my beautiful boys, Jasper." Said Aerys of the darker one, "and this is Rupert." The lighter-colored dog with those gorgeous brown eyes sat on his haunches and patiently waited for pets. Jasper went about greeting the lads and wondering if he might make off with a biscuit or two.

Avalonia,
Dosuun

Aerys Fortan

-

Kirie took a seat in the sitting room. Despite the relics of Imperial culture that dotted the space, she couldn’t deny it was beautifully furnished. Kirie had come from a humble home, but she had seen many a luxurious estate over the years. Aerys’ family home was tasteful and sophisticated, so unlike the soulless cuboid designs of Coruscant or the over the top grandeur of the Commenori palace halls.

“It is a pleasure to properly meet you, Aerys.” Kirie said humbly, reaching down to give the pale hound a scratch behind his ears. She smiled fondly and then went on, slightly self-conscious. “I am Kirie, of the New Jedi.” Once she would have baulked at the notion of introducing herself as such to an Imperial soldier, but Aerys knew that part of her already and had invited her anyway, so that counted for something.

"It is nice to see Avalonia vibrant again." Kirie began politely. She remembered the troubled years after the Ssi Ruuk incursion into the Outer Rim very well, and the Dosuun of today has risen admirably from that bombed out shell. No doubt Aerys would be proud of how her homeland had bounced back.

"So then." Kirie continued. "What's next for you, service to the Commonwealth?" Kirie understood the Empire was crumbling. It was wise that Aerys had returned to her home instead of fighting over the last of the scraps, but what was a soldier without her army? That was unless Aerys had hung up the banner altogether. Kirie hoped so, but she doubted it. Being Jedi she understood the struggle to walk away from duty.

As she sat listening to Aerys, images from Tython flashed vividly in her mind. Never before had she witnessed death and destruction on that scale. Kirie was loathe to kill any being, but on Tython she had been forced to fight for her survival same as everyone else. The feeling of so many lives extinguished still made her shiver. Kirie sat back and brushed down her legs uneasily, not wanting to upset the others with such thoughts.

Her tea arrived and she accepted it with grateful thanks, conscious that she had once been such a servant, delivering refreshments to the house guests.

She held up her teacup. "How about a toast then. Aerys?"

Aerys Yvarro

A
VVVDHjr.png

IMPERIAL + LOST SOLDIER
COMMONWEALTH CITIZEN

D O S U U N
Avalonia had risen from the ashes and blossomed. "A credit to my family, my sister, and other relatives arrived aiding with funding, infrastructure, and eventually an attempt to lead the First Order again, but that fell. When it did, Dosuun seemed no worse for wear and carried on." In some ways, Aerys could relate to her homeworld's struggles, but in others, she couldn't. "You're among friends here, Kirie," commented the younger woman who wanted to ensure that her friend was comfortable here. Not everyone could be though, this much Aerys understood. Avalonia had been through a lot of changes and for some, it could never be what it once was.

The boys went on to answer Kirie about what their plans for the future were. Some had indeed begun service to the Commonwealth, while others were exploring the arts, or simply enjoying the idea of retirement. Aerys wasn't entirely sure what the future held for her, "mhmmm, I'm not quite sure, to be honest." A soft, but unsure smile formed on her features, "part of me feels it would be good, to do something and the Commonwealth is always in need of good people, but..." Her voice lingered off, and Aerys' attention focused on Kirie, "these days I'm not so sure about myself. For now, I think, I think I will remain focused on me."

Rupert and Jasper were quick to return, begging their master for attention. The Dosuunian was quick to give them their pets and good scritches before the pair went around the room again. Jasper lingered around Kirie, "I think he likes you." Aerys gestured to Jasper who placed a paw on Kirie. She chuckled at Jasper's softness. "These are good hounds, y'know." A slight pause as Aerys looked at Jasper and then Kirie, "y'know, I happen to be good mates with the bloke who gave me these two. I could always arrange for you to take a pup or two back with you."

Some of the boys laughed a bit, and then offered up their own connections to get Kirie a pet. Then Kirie held her cup of tea, and Aerys leaned over to take her own, "aye, a toast, to good health, good friends, and a hopeful, happy future."

Avalonia,
Dosuun

Aerys Fortan

-

A credit to my family, my sister, and other relatives arrived aiding with funding, infrastructure, and eventually an attempt to lead the First Order again, but that fell. When it did, Dosuun seemed no worse for wear and carried on. You're among friends here, Kirie,"

She nodded along as Aerys recounted the story. While Kirie had understood it in concept, it hadn’t dawned on her really how much Dosuun had weathered. Far stronger systems had crumbled at less, and yet they stood here in this lovely house, in good company in the fading light of the day,

"mhmmm, I'm not quite sure, to be honest. Part of me feels it would be good, to do something and the Commonwealth is always in need of good people, but... These days I'm not so sure about myself. For now, I think, I think I will remain focused on me."

"It's nice to feel like you're part of something greater than yourself, and I can't really picture you as a merc or private security." Kirie said with a nod. "But you're right. It's not everything. I spent years looking for somewhere I belonged, but I didn't even know myself."

"I think he likes you. These are good hounds, y'know, I happen to be good mates with the bloke who gave me these two. I could always arrange for you to take a pup or two back with you."

“I think I'll have to.” Kirie agreed. “It’d be nice to have some company at my place- Does it get lonely around here, even with these two?” She scratched Rupert behind the ears.

"aye, a toast, to good health, good friends, and a hopeful, happy future."

Kirie raised her teacup with a smile and echoed Aerys’ toast. “Good health, good friends, and a hopeful happy future.” She said with a smile. The words rang out cheerfully around the room. Someone called out ‘Now something stronger!’ and Kirie laughed, raising an eyebrow at Aerys. But without either of their intervention, the rest of the group took it upon themselves to turn the reunion into a celebration, and soon bottles of fine avalonian brews and casks of rich spiced ale were being rolled out from the cellar.

Not wanting to spoil the fun, Kirie held out her cup and accepted a healthy serving of a strong spiced drink. It had been some years since Kirie had drunk even amongst friends, but nevertheless she sipped the beverage and enjoyed it. With satisfying warmth in her belly, Kirie passed the jug to Aerys.

Aerys Yvarro

A
VVVDHjr.png

IMPERIAL + LOST SOLDIER
COMMONWEALTH CITIZEN

D O S U U N
Aerys could relate, she could relate quite well and her facial features shifted as much. "It can be incredibly difficult at times, I think," a partial thought left out for a moment as the younger woman contemplated, "a journey in and of itself, until, you come to the conclusion that one needn't be part of anything." Shifting her weight in her seat, Aerys' hands were nudged by Rupert. Absent-mindedly she began to scratch him behind the ears much to his contentment. "One need only to concentrate and focus on the here and now, work only on yourself." Once you were comfortable with yourself, suddenly the idea of needing to belong doesn't stick to the surface of your thoughts the way it had in the past.

Kirie seemed to like the idea of getting a dog that made Aerys' features shift again. This time she beamed, "will definitely have to make some calls for you then, I'll make sure it happens." Then there was a follow-up to that about loneliness. "I think, once you've become comfortable alone, there isn't much loneliness." She took a moment to look over at Rupert and then watched Jasper who trotted between her old squaddies. Aerys returned her attention to Kirie and replied softly. "I would be lying if I said that I didn't get a bit lonely here and there, because who doesn't? But, I've gotten more comfortable with being on my own. I figure, if someone wants to talk to me, they'll do so. I'm not here to force any interactions."

After a toast had been made, Aerys heard the stronger nonsense. "Oi, right, you take the stronger stuff." There was a bit of a shock in the boys, so she explained, "listen, mates, you go on about your fun. I'm not particularly interested, alcohol isn't something I jive with, but I won't stop you lot. Just make sure you stay long enough to sober up, before you go, yeah?"

The woman rose to her feet, "would you care for a bit of a tour Kirie? We can head out to the gardens, give these two lads a bit of a stretch." Aerys gestured toward the two dogs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom