Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Submission questions.

I have an idea to create a super virus that mutates to overcome the dna sequences of any species. Much like the smart tranqs do..but this one will result in death in an hour. Would it need a dev thread? Also..how would I submit that? As technology or something else? I figgured it would be technology.

Unless serious weaknesses are added to prevent insta kill of a char ( can't kill off without permission ) it is unlikely to be approved.

Also it can be considered a super weapon, so the minute it is reported could very well get pulled from the approved listing if it was accepted to begin with.

What you're talking about is basically Alpha Red.... There are so many issues with that virus in it's uncontrollably wild mutations that there is no way any sane judge would approve it without a massive set of dev threads. The only virus that has been approved recently was much, much much weaker than what you're talking of and still had 3 dev threads with 10 posts and multiple writers involved. So use that as a base line, and remember what was said by the lady above me.

Amelia Deathman said:
I have an idea to create a super virus that mutates to overcome the dna sequences of any species. Much like the smart tranqs do..but this one will result in death in an hour. Would it need a dev thread? Also..how would I submit that? As technology or something else? I figgured it would be technology.
Super weapons are not allowed on Chaos.

7. Superweapons are restricted to Staff-Approved Events and must be destroyed prior to the end of the event.

I figgured a dev thread would be needed. What if it were nanobots instead? And they could be programmed to target specific areas of the body and certain time frames. Such as 6 hours to replicate enough to shut down the respiratory system of the target and 18 hours the shut down their hearts. This will all be in the dev thread(s). I was thinking that would be better than the virus since its not a certain death thing cause it can be found and eliminated. Its rather easy to find droids and emps/ion pulses would deactivate them. Its not a definate kill but it is darn close.

It isn't a superweapon since it doesn't destroy the planets or even ecosystems. It only kills humanoids. it is no longer a virus idea.

[member="Amelia Deathman"]

Similar technology exists in canon as Nanogenes, but again, I think the main opposition you'll run into with this idea is balance.

Also, speaking as a real life medical professional, human body systems of individuals vary widely in their abilities to fight off intruders. Age, ethnicity, pre-existing medical conditions, current medications, and so forth would have a huge effect on how well that idea would work. But this is Star Wars, where humanoids encompasses more species than mere humans. I think the various effects might be hard to work out based on the sheer number of factors on-hand.

Have you thought about some sort of variety of nano-droids? Not really infectious per se, but they could give more a limited effect which might make it easier to approve.

Amelia Deathman said:
It isn't a superweapon since it doesn't destroy the planets or even ecosystems. It only kills humanoids. it is no longer a virus idea.
A superweapon is anything that causes mass destruction, death, etc. This includes viruses, bacteria, and such.

Like everyone has mentioned a super virus would be considered a "super weapon" which is only available if staff is using it in a board wide event. Chemical/Biological weapons are very iffy because it "forces" a person to accept what is happening to their character. It would be rather difficult to get something that would harm/instant-kill/kill within a time-frame - approved in the factory. [member="Amelia Deathman"]

Yeah thats what I am seeing but its meh. No fun stuff gets approved. Frak it. Great ideas arent allowed. But since there 8s a fanon thing for something similar I may just use that. I mean shoot.. smart tranqs were approved..not a big step to make a deadly version.

Amelia Deathman said:
Great ideas arent allowed.
No, superweapons aren't allowed. Which was explained to you multiple times, by multiple people, in multiple ways. It would be a great idea for you to accept that and channel your imagination towards another project, rather than complaining about it.

Alndys

Mercenary, Artist.
Keep in mind for your future projects that killing another character or destroying their stuff is like becoming physically intimate - if at point they say 'no', it's done. If they give you approval and change their mind, you stop. There is no way to write somebody info such a corner that they HAVE to die.

A three-post padawan could do an hourly cleanse with your nanobots/designer plague and laugh it off if they wanted to. This is the reason why there aren't many evil scientists/assassin's guilds kicking around, and mercenary/pirate groups tend to have a shelf life comfortable to bananas. If you're looking to gain an advantage with the Factory, just keep in mind that the Factory doesn't matter nearly as much as being backed by popular mandate, such as allies and a faction.

Viruses and chemical weapons are all dependent on how it is used, how it is perceived, and how it is countered. You ALWAYS leave an out and, honestly, you have to make sure that you, as the virus user, understand that some people will do whatever they have to in order to not die and move on without getting upset.

Countering is also something that can occur. Biological protection gear can prevent or slow contamination. Weather and winds can do the same. Even natural resistances can come into play. So do injections or medications to prevent or cure the affliction. It's kind of like a game of chess. Using biological weapons is a game of move, counter move, counter-counter move.

If you want, hit me up and we can chat a bit about it. I'm free for... Pretty much 5ish days of the week lol

Nanobots are lovely, except for one thing: Electromagnetic shielding and hardening. An EMP of substantial strength will destroy the nanites and leave the victim unharmed. Also, before anyone declares that anything can be sufficiently hardened against EMP damage, all it takes is one level higher. It is impossible to make electronics totally immune to the effects, only highly resistant.

It's less a question of Force detection and more a question of the mundane. As a medical professional, I can clearly state that it is very easy, child's play even, to discover ailments, mind altering drugs, pharmaceuticals, and even dietary evidence from even something as basic as a blood sample. Any and all viruses, nanites, etc. would require a medium to move throughout the body, meaning usage of the blood stream, in whole or in part, to move the affliction is necessary. The Force has no real weight in detection of something so simple as the common cold, but a medical doctor or even a nurse or technician could discover such a thing with ease and speed. Your enemy in such a case is less the Jedi or the Sith or the neutral Force users, but the average doctor with knowledge and experience.

To summarize: You're seemingly attempting to slip something past Yoda when you should be more concerned about Sherlock Holmes rummaging through your things in the background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom