Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Subfactions

An update has been made to the factions rules concerning subfactions and their traits.

Updated text is in green.

FACTIONS

CREATING A FACTION

Star Wars RP: Chaos operates with an "Open Faction Creation System", meaning that any character may create a Faction whenever you want. You do not need permission to do so!

MINOR FACTIONS

1. If at any time your Minor Faction is thought to be Inactive, an Administrator will contact the Faction Owner in an attempt to determine it's activity.

2. At any time, an Administrator may declare a Minor Faction inactive and remove the Faction.

3. Major Faction Owners/Admins are responsible for alerting SWRP Administrators of waning activity, SWRP Rule Violations within their Factions, etc.

4. Minor Factions who meets the minimum requirements to become a Major Faction may post a request in the Factions forum to be declared a Major Faction.

SUBFACTIONS

1. If a Minor Faction holds allegiance to, operates under the authority of, or in any way belongs to a Major Faction they are considered a Subfaction and not a Minor Faction.

2. A Subfaction may use the resources of its Major Faction, but may not initiate Rebellions.

MAJOR FACTIONS

1. Major Factions must have maintained activity for 30 days as a Minor Faction before being eligible for Major status.

2. Major Factions must maintain 8 or more unique, individual, active characters to remain active. Each character must be written by a different person.

3. When a Major Faction Owner steps down, a public, faction-wide election must take place on the SWRP forums to choose a new Major Faction Owner.

4. Only a Major Faction has the resources necessary to role-play having a large fleet, army, etc.

5. Major Faction Owners/Admins are responsible for alerting the SWRP Staff Team's Administrators of waning activity, gained or lost planets, SWRP Rule Violations within their Factions, etc.

6. See: Major Factions to learn what else you can do with an Major Faction.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]
To differentiate between minor factions and factions people want to tie directly into a larger group.

An example would be the Jedi Order being a subfaction of the Republic in the prequels. This would give the sub faction access to all the resources of their parent faction but without the ability to start rebellions. It's a trade off between the two.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

But these two rules essentially turn Rebellions into a slight less complex to start, slightly more complex to finish Invasion.

It takes away a huge portion of what Rebellions could have been and also removes a part of what should logically and rightfully occur both in the real world and Star Wars. That being Major factions support Minor factions they like rising to power. This can be seen in the real world(US has begun several dozen coups) and in Star Wars over and over again(The Republic giving supplies and training to the Rebels on Iziz). These rules stop that completely and entirely.

With these rules, a Rebellion, and simply going Major faction and invading are basically the exact same thing just started different ways.

In my opinion these rules are a huge detriment to what Rebellions could, and should have been.

Valiens Nantaris said:
[member="Alric Kuhn"]
To differentiate between minor factions and factions people want to tie directly into a larger group.

An example would be the Jedi Order being a subfaction of the Republic in the prequels. This would give the sub faction access to all the resources of their parent faction but without the ability to start rebellions. It's a trade off between the two.
Additionally, I don't know that there was any evidence to suggest that the Republic and the Jedi Order shared resources in this kind of relationship, rather than the Jedi Order simply being a welcomed, respected, and powerful minor faction that lived and moved within the varying nation-states, many of which made up the Republic body. If the Jedi Order did indeed "swear allegiance to" and "act under the authority of" the collective states, wouldn't they have simply been re-appropriated within the transitional Empire and Order 66 have been unnecessary? They went where they wanted, and though their council was often sought, if the Jedi disagreed with the bodypolitik, they would abstain support.

Based on what I saw, what occurred in the films is much better described as per Alric's stated grievance --- especially when we're talking about the cases of the Droid Separatists and the Gungan/Ewok Warlords.

Are we (Alric and I) being overly anal, and these subfaction qualifiers really only pertain if they exist in an official and readily-attributable capacity?

[member="Alric Kuhn"]
What you say can still happen. You do not have to become a sub faction. You may remain minor and participate in rebellions - but you will not have access to a major faction's equipment and resources to do so.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug

That...is literally what I was saying and why It can't happen.

The Iziz Rebels only won because they got access to the Republic's Equipment(Ion Weapons), and resources(Jedi Training). So no, it can't happen.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]
We shall see.

A problem was noticed in previous rebellions as implemented on this forum. This is a solution agreed on by staff.
If a further correction is needed later it will be made.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug

Well, by the rights of my ancestors and the great Buddah I'm going to make a sweeping dramatic declaration that ultimately means nothing;

Staff has ruined a huge part of what made Rebellions cool and you should all feel bad about yourselves.

[gifv]https://i.imgur.com/27XcgIX.mp4[/gifv]

Alric Kuhn said:

That...is literally what I was saying and why It can't happen.

The Iziz Rebels only won because they got access to the Republic's Equipment(Ion Weapons), and resources(Jedi Training). So no, it can't happen.
[member="Alric Kuhn"]

I think what's being said is that these equipment and resources won't come to the minor faction as default with its association to the major faction, as it would with the subfaction.

For example, If you have a thread where the Main Faction GIFTs supplies (Smuggling thread) or PROVIDEs training at location (simple location training thread), the Minor Rebelling Faction can still benefit from it, which is how it occurred in the movies anyway. Meanwhile, the subfaction is just automatically assumed to have these things without any threadwork to back it up.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Tyger Tyger"]

I would argue the same thing, if the letter of the rules didn't specifically go against that. My problem with it is that the wording has no nuance to it, so in that very scenario that you're talking about that Minor Faction starts a Rebellion using the resources of the Major Faction they were gifted. They are then quickly reported because someone argues that the use of those supplies makes it so they have an allegiance to that Major Faction, thereby stopping the Rebellion because of the report.

Even if RPJ's decide that, no, it does not create an Allegiance the Rebellion was needlessly held up and things were complicated. Momentum is probably lost and interest is gone. Boom there is now no longer a Rebellion. Some might say I'm being paranoid, but I guarantee you that exact scenario will happen.

Essentially what I'm saying is that this ruleset isn't required or necessary and generally just makes things more complicated then it needs to be.

Alric Kuhn said:
Staff has ruined a huge part of what made Rebellions cool and you should all feel bad about yourselves.
Dzv2Lgz.gif

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

It's obviously very clear that this is a consequence of the Black Ties being allowed a legally grey area Rebellion. Take up your pitchforks against the Admin that allowed that to happen, not the the ones who are making sure it doesn't happen again.

Rebellions were always a work in progress. You, nor I, know what Rebellions are "meant to be".

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Ra Vizsla"]

My issue isn't with the Admin's that allowed the Black Tie Kerfuffle to occur. My issue is with the response to said Kerfuffle which is this new ruleset which I feel makes Rebellion worse then they were.

Ra Vizsla said:
Rebellions were always a work in progress. You, nor I, know what Rebellions are "meant to be".
You are entirely correct about this, but that doesn't mean I can't express my displeasure about what they have become.

A subfaction is basically part of its parent. Something with a different 'flavour'. It may or may not have its own group page, but those members are essentially part of the major, can use the tech and join invasions.

Minor factions are a seperate entity. You can always mark technology 'private market' if you want a minor faction to gain access to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom