Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Stylin'

wb1.png

TAGS:
Nir Si Nir Si
alexboarder.png
Braze was practically buzzing with excitement as he returned to his room to prep the new hover blades. "Holy Antimatter Tornado, this is gonna be stellar," he mumbled to himself, using a tuning kit to adjust the settings for maximum agility and speed.

An hour later, he met up with Nir at the east entrance, hover blades in tow. "Wouldn't miss this for all the stardust in the galaxy, my friend," he declared, handing Nir his set of blades.

"As I always say, 'Go big or scrub the mission.' These blades are anything but a living black hole; they're pure supernova energy."

Braze grinned. "Viral and graphic, my man. You won't believe the underground racers we're gonna meet tonight. Some of them are Pretty Alpha."

As they reached their starting point, the energy in the air was electric. Braze looked at his friend and smiled. "Ready to go supernova?"

Rock and Roll MotherFluffers

New_GA1.png

"You just said a bunch of words and they don't seem to mean anything."

Braze seemed pretty adamant to be testing these new boots outside the temple, and while the cathar teen wasn't objecting, he did have an internal bet on who was gonna fall on their face. Having a pair of cathar made boots was nice though, and the feel of them was pretty turbo.

"...alright, let's see if I can grind down the stairs." He said, mostly to himself, but it was loud enough where Braze Braze could hear him.

With that, he tapped his heels together, causing him to float a good foot above the ground. "Who-oa...." He took a moment to settle himself, before slowly moving one foot in a skating motion, giving himself some momentum. "OoooOoookay, let's see how this-"

WHAM!

Right on his face.

"....ow..."

wb1.png
@ Nir Si Nir Si
alexboarder.png

Braze cringed as he saw Nir take a nosedive into the ground, the thud resonating in the air. "Wow, you didn't even make it a minute before you kissed the dirt," he said, his concern breaking through his playful tone. "Might want to invest in some knee pads and a helmet, buddy. You're not bleeding, are you?" Braze's eyes scanned his friend, checking for any visible signs of injury.

Last edited:

New_GA1.png

"Yeah I'm....fine. Just bruised my pride a little." He grumbled a little, picking himself up. This would take some getting used to. "Why don't you take a shot at it, Ace?"

Maybe the boy was a little bitter that he'd lost his own internal bet, but he more now wanted to see how Braze Braze faired as he gathered his courage back.

wb1.png

TAGS:
Nir Si Nir Si
alexboarder.png

Brushing his silvery-white bangs aside with a casual flick of his hand, Braze flashed Nir a grin, revealing his pearly white teeth. He adjusted the hover blades strapped to his feet, then carefully stood up. It took him a moment to find his balance, but physical coordination was something he'd always been good at. Slowly at first, he began to test out the feel of the blades, getting a sense for their movement. If he needed an extra boost, he knew he could subtly manipulate the air around him to his advantage.

"I think I like these," he said, his voice tinged with genuine pleasure as he started to grow more comfortable on his new set of blades.

New_GA1.png

"You would." Nir chuckled as he gave it another shot. It took him a moment to find his balance, but Nir was always a bit of an acrobat in his showmanship.

"Whoa...this is dangerous..." He said, wobbling slightly. "Alright Braze Braze , you take the lead. Show me where we're going with these things..."

wb1.png

TAGS:
Nir Si Nir Si
alexboarder.png
Braze felt his spirits soar as Nir agreed to let him take the lead. "Alright, follow me," he chirped, his tone tinged with the sort of excitement usually reserved for kids in a candy store—or perhaps, in their case, thrill-seekers about to engage in a high-speed hover blade race.

He led Nir down through the labyrinthine corridors of the building, descending level by level. Braze had spent a few hours researching the mechanics and handling of hover blades before picking them up, and he was eager to put that newfound knowledge to the test. The balancing act of using hover blades intrigued him; it was as if he were dancing on air, and for someone like Braze, who had always excelled in balancing, this was an invigorating new challenge.

"As we go down, try to adjust your stance. Keep your center of gravity low and your knees slightly bent," Braze advised as they moved. The ambiance of the underbelly of the building shifted with each descending level; the air grew denser, the hum of machinery more pronounced. It was as if they were entering another world entirely.

When they finally reached their intended level, it was as if the very atmosphere was teeming with the collective adrenaline and excitement of everyone who had ever raced here. He turned to Nir, his eyes twinkling.

"See, it's not just about speed; it's about mastering your movement, like a form of art. If you've got that down, you'll not just survive out there—you'll excel," Braze said, visibly pumped. He looked at his friend and flashed a grin that was pure unfiltered excitement. "So, Nir, ready to go supernova?"

The atmosphere in the underground racing venue was electric, a living pulse of excitement and energy in the air. A mixture of neon lights and industrial fixtures lit the place, casting sharp contrasts of light and shadow on the walls. The venue was a concoction of modern engineering and aged, decaying architecture. Massive columns, possibly remnants of an older structure, loomed over the racing track, adorned with graffiti and neon holograms that pulsed to the beat of blaring music.

The track itself was a marvel—an interwoven maze of tunnels and open spaces, half pipes, ramps, and even rotating sections that could send a careless rider tumbling into the abyss below. It was like a futuristic roller derby arena that had been cross-bred with something... darker. Parts of the track even went vertical, requiring riders to defy gravity if they hoped to conquer the course.

Around the track, spectators from all walks of life formed a raucous crowd. Betting booths were set up, manned by individuals who looked like they knew a thing or two about the darker aspects of life. Credits and other forms of currency changed hands rapidly, as people placed bets on their favorite racers. Holo-screens displayed the odds, fluctuating in real-time as racers maneuvered their way through the intricate track.

Among the crowd were clusters of swoop bike gangs, distinguishable by their unique insignias, tattoos, and tricked-out bikes parked in neat rows away from the track. One group, known as the "Starfire Marauders," wore jackets emblazoned with a flaming comet. They were local legends, known for their daredevil antics on and off the track. Another gang, the "Nebula Knights," sported armor-like leather and advanced tech gadgets, their eyes scanning the event with a blend of calculated interest and disdain for their rival gang.

The "Cosmic Cobras," known for their snake-themed tattoos and trick bikes capable of venomous speeds, lounged in a separate section, keeping to themselves but clearly invested in the race. They were newcomers but had rapidly gained a reputation for being ruthless on the track, and bets on their leading racer were high.

As the countdown to the start of the race began, the tension reached a crescendo. Engines revved, hover blades hummed, and for a moment, all eyes were on the racers, who were lined up at the starting line, each absorbed in their own rituals of focus and preparation.

New_GA1.png

Following behind Braze Braze was easy. Using the Star Grinders were just like treesurfing, if a little bit more directional. It took him a bit to get the hang of it, but now that he had it, he took the chance to just style as they descended. Occasionally he'd twirl in a jump, switching up his feet and grab an ankle as he grinded off pipes and buildings. This? He could get used to.

But as they got deeper, Nir's own humble nature shined through. The smell and the noise certainly didn't push him to enjoy their new location, his cathar senses recoiling at the sudden shift in climate and ambient noise.

As soon as they got to the rink, Nir was a little bit more hesitant.

"You sure this is a good idea? I mean, we just started using these..."

wb1.png

TAGS:
Nir Si Nir Si
alexboarder.png
Braze couldn't help but chuckle as he looked at Nir, shaking his head with a playful grin. "No, no, no, we aren't here to compete," he exclaimed, wanting to set the record straight. "We're here to watch the pros in action and see what kind of cool tricks we can pick up!"

His enthusiasm for the hover roller blade derby was palpable, and he couldn't wait to see the skilled athletes perform their jaw-dropping maneuvers. Braze's eyes sparkled with excitement as he gestured toward the arena, where the pros were zipping around on their hover rollerblades, executing incredible stunts and tricks.

"I mean, come on," he continued, his voice filled with anticipation, "look at those moves! I bet we can learn a thing or two from them. Plus, it's just awesome to watch, right?" Braze hoped that Nir would share in his excitement for the thrilling event they were about to witness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom