Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Stuck on Onderon

A bright new Future
The streets of Iziz

With the assistance of Jedi Knight Ala Quin, Valery had awoken within the strange facility on Onderon, likely only days before the scientists would have started their experiments on the woman stuck in suspended animation. The recovery from the hibernation sickness that followed luckily only took about half a day, but there were other things to worry about.

After Knight Quin's departure, she decided to remain on Onderon while she began her search for answers and hope for the future. With just her double-bladed lightsaber and basic equipment, she wandered through the streets of Iziz, the city she arrived in thousands of years ago. It was a strange feeling, moving through a city she felt like she had visited only yesterday, but it was so different now.

While she walked, people around her began to take note of her torn tunic, which she hadn't been able to get fixed yet. So with the spare credits she had, Valery bought robes to wrap around herself, hoping to cover up the last remnants of the fight that led to her time in stasis. With the other credits, she hoped to get through at least a few days.

"I have to get off this world." she thought to herself as she pulled the hood of the robes over her head. While Onderon was beautiful, she wanted answers about what happened to her former Enclave, where the Jedi were, and what state the Galaxy was in. But before she could do any of that, she'd have to either get a ship or some form of transportation.

For now, this became her primary goal while she'd wander down the streets of Iziz, looking for signs of the Republic or the Jedi she once served. It was a small step on a much larger journey.

(Valery's appearance: Appearance)

Starchaser was doing what he did more often than not these days. Listening to the Force, doing his best to find the next Jedi he needed to assist. Or maybe he was looking for the secrets of the Force, either, or both. He found himself working to expand his own understanding of the Force and the Light, and sometimes that meant looking through the galaxy for something he hadn’t seen before. Chasing Jedi Temples, and historic planets, but looking for the murmurs in the Force. And that was when he heard the one…

One he echoed with in himself, another Force sensitive awakening? No… this wasn’t someone finding the Force for the first time, this was someone returning to the Force, maybe returning to consciousness. The Force was weird that way, he knew that Lily and Jared had seen a blankspot when Coren was in carbonite, Kaia was too young. But this… it was someone coming back.

And he was going to sure as hell going to make sure he got to whatever the source was, whoever it was, before the others. The YT-2000 Tachyon Rising was getting its yearly tune up, and following the Outer Rim Trade League’s race? She was going to need the TLC. Instead, he was taking the Kona, one of the Starchaser Enterprises Starburst Performance ships. It was a fast journey and he was landing the cyan painted ship to the nearest starport he could find.

This wasn’t a ship you just laned anywhere. Pulling his dark robe over his lighter leather armor, a lightsaber on one hip, and his revolver on the other, he took a look around, reaching out in the Force.

Valery Noble Valery Noble

While Coren would be landing in the large spaceport, Valery had been searching for a way out as she moved around the capital city, but no luck.. she had attracted weird looks from people but nothing helpful came out of speaking to anybody. At this point, she had been out of stasis for quite some time too and began to feel the hunger.

"Ugh.." she grumbled and looked at the credits in her hand - she didn't have much, but perhaps it would be enough for a basic meal and some water.

She had no choice and made her way into the cheapest-looking cantina she could find, which was located in a back alley in the outskirts of the city. She stepped inside and was disgusted by the smell but forced herself through it.

"What can I get for this?" she asked as she walked up to the bar. Valery was keeping the robes tightly around her, covering up her torn tunic and the weapon that symbolized the Jedi - she lacked the trust in these people to be more open about who she was.

The bartender looked into her orange eyes with a strange interest and grinned a bit. "Just the meal of the day. Have a seat, it will be right with you." he said. Valery nodded and paid for the meal, before moving to a corner of the cantina from where she could keep an eye on anything that moved.

After some time, a simple meal with water was placed in front of her on the table - it didn't look great, but it was all she could afford. She sighed and began to quietly eat and drink to recover some of her strength, which resulted in her presence gradually growing within the Force as well.

"Please, guide me." she thought to herself, hoping the Force would show her something..anything, to help her get out of this situation.

The Force was an ally and manifested itself in many ways for the Jedi who were open to it. A tool for knowledge and defense, and even a tool for war, as Coren had used it for countless times. He was also an explorer, and finding the target of his venture here, that should not be hard. The target was a Jedi, he suspected, a Master. Their power was old… polished even. A different way of learning.

Porter stayed with the ship but Coren had one of his new observation/seeker droids. OS-13 was following behind, floating above and behind him, keeping an eye on comings and goings. It wasn’t that he was suspecting much to keep wary of, but it was a test run. Still, he was walking towards the seedier side of town. A thought and he reached out in the Force.

That one. He got the feeling of which cantina to walk into and stepped to the bar. He tossed a few credits, and one Outer Rim Talon onto the counter. Ordering a rum and surveying the people, he was keeping his face stoic, he noticed the woman in the torn tunic. She was the one who seemed the most out of place. She had what must be the house special, something to keep people from dying. Draining his cup and taking a second to send over a proper meal and one of the more nutrious blended fruit drinks before stepping over.

He hadn’t know she was calling for guidance and took a second to look around before asking. “May I?” He may have been trying to not bring attention, btu it was clear to anyone who saw him, or read him in the Force, just what he was.

With sharp senses, Valery would normally be aware of other Force-sensitives in her area, especially fellow Jedi. But still weakened from stasis, she didn't have the focus, and her mind was drifting away to memories of the past. Thus far, she had been on the move and just trying to get through the day. But now that she had a moment to quietly eat and drink, the reality of the situation began to sink in.

The Enclave she was once a leader of, the Jedi she knew, trained, and guided.. all of it was no more.

She sighed and decided it was best not to get stuck in these thoughts, or she'd never get out of this place. So with a somewhat troubled mind, she went back to the meal that reminded her of the old rations she often had to endure on the front.

However, while she was eating, she spotted someone approaching from the corner of her eyes. She immediately stopped eating and wrapped the brown outer robes around her to cover up, just in case it was someone who shouldn't know that she's a Jedi. But as her orange eyes looked him over, she quickly realized something. "A Jedi?" she thought to herself.

Valery then lowered her hood, allowing her long hair to cascade down behind her back, and nodded. "Of course." she said with a soft smile. She continued to study him, wanting to be sure that he was a Jedi. But now that he was close, and she was focusing on just him, she could feel the light within the man.

Perhaps the Force had been listening and sent help her way.

"You're a Jedi, aren't you?" she asked with a hushed tone, making sure not to alert the wrong people. She almost felt bad for asking, since Jedi would normally easily sense each other, but she still needed the confirmation in her current state.

After he sat down and they began their conversation, the bartender made his way over with a different meal and the blended fruit drink. She blinked as it was placed in front of her, but quickly understood why. Her gaze returned to Coren, and she would offer a kind smile.

"Thank you."

Coren Starchaser liked to think himself the second coming of Skywalker at times, he was doing his best to keep abreast about all the activities going on with the various sects of the Jedi. And to do his best to keep those in mind that weren’t really following a sect. The Enclaves as it were, the Oasis, Jakku, the group with Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun , but he was besides himself for not knowing why a Jedi was just waking up on Onderon. That was not something he was prepped for.

But he saw who she was, who she had to be. No one else on this world was shouting in the Force that loudly, that… raw? He didn’t think it was her fault, he knew that after the time in carbonite even he had a brush against the dark side. But that was means to an end, so he said. It didn’t matter now, the Fringe Federation was something old and gone.

When he was given permission to sit besides the orange eyed Jedi, he nodded and pulled out a chair. Orange eyes… what race was that… It wasn’t coming to him, and he shook his head idly, his blue eyes trying to not look through her but at her. “Jedi? Yes.” He said, his tone even and his voice not exactly hiding what he was saying. He wasn’t sure what galaxy she remembered, how long she had been asleep for, but he had been raised as a Jedi on the run, his father avoiding a warlord or two.

But now, he was wearing his Jedi leathers proudly, lightsaber prominently displayed. Part of that was for her benefit to identify him, the other part just because he was growing to the point where he wasn’t going to hide who he was.

“If I’m not wrong, you’ll need it. Suspended animation still takes a bit of a toll. I'm Coren Starchaser, Jedi Master."

Valery looked down at the meal in front of her for just a moment and let out a sharp exhale before her orange gaze returned to the man. She wasn't sure how he found her in a place like this while she was still very much recovering, but she was simply grateful that she seemed to have gotten some help.

"Master Valery Noble, it's a pleasure to meet you." she said with a dip of her head.

Her hand then reached for the drink and even just a single sip seemed to do her well. She gently set the glass back down and looked at him for a moment, not entirely sure where to begin or what to say. She wasn't a shy type at all, but she didn't yet understand what exactly had happened.

But after his last comment, she knew that he understood her situation at least a little bit,
"You likely have questions but I'm afraid I can't answer them all - I'm very much trying to figure things out right now. I remember being on this planet but before my time in that stasis pod, everything was very.. different." she frowned and raised her hands to her face to rub her eyes.

She felt tired and there was so much information missing, that she felt a little overwhelmed by it.

"I could really use some help to find my way again." she said before she took a few small bites of her meal. Looking at the man in front of her, she had a feeling that he was here to help, but she worried that it was a rather confusing situation as well.

"I.. am just not sure where to even begin."

“A Master…” He nodded as he looked her over again. This time taking a second to really quantify and qualify her in the Force. Her power seemed to be refined, and not something that was really seen nowadays. How old was she? He wasn’t sure, but he knew better than to ask a woman her age. Somehow Celeste would find out and scold him for that. “I suspected you would have questions. I’m not quite the master of the time-flow as the Aing-Tii are, but…” She must have been born eons ago.

“What was the last thing you remember, major event?”
Time was always weird in this galaxy, sometimes measured from Yavin, or Endor, and before that, well, each planet would have its own time table. It was probably the best way to figure out where she was last seen on the galactic scale. He could at least help provide her with a long and the short of where the Republic had gone, but he didn’t want to say it in the wrong way.

“I can help get you off this planet. I am a member of a few of the Jedi Orders, but we have a cruiser with a few smaller ships to get you mobile.”
He took a potato slice from the plate. “It will help to have you around Jedi. Holocrons and datacrons can fill you in, and we can get you linked into our Enclave network. Better to do this galaxy with some friends.”

Valery took another bite and pondered for a moment before the memories hit her again. While the last moments she shared with her fellow Jedi near the facility were vague, she did remember why she was there.. and when it all took place.

"The last major event I remember was my Enclave taking part in defending Onderon, during a conflict that started in 57ATC." she said, using the Treaty of Coruscant as a point of reference. She then reached for her drink again to take a sip and wiped her lips clean after finishing it. She already looked much better.

Her eyes found its way back to Coren, and she couldn't help but smile at his offer to help.

"Really? I don't wish to be a burden on anybody, but I do really welcome and appreciate the help. I was hoping to get off-world, so I can begin tracking down whatever is left of my old Enclave."

At this point, Valery wasn't sure yet about how much time she spent in stasis, so she held hope that there was something familiar for her to return to or find.

"Of course, if there is anything I can do in return for you, or the Orders you serve, I am more than willing to."

As he was watching her, he was trying to see what he could do to gently prod her with the Force. Was there anything he could loosen for her? He wasn’t trying to be intrusive, but merely forming an aura of calm and collectedness around her, maybe to help iron out the wrinkles in her own mind, just by putting her in an area such as he was. Being a Master was more than just being a warrior and leader on the field. He was learning that more and more since the birth of his twins.

When she stated ATC he tried to hide a bit of a perplexed glance at that. “ATC? I’m sorry, needing a reference for it.” He wasn’t ever embarrassed what he didn’t know, but he didn’t want to offend by assuming something else which could have been wrong, but she did seem to understand the nature of it all. The time was missing for her.

“Never a burden. I do what I can to be out there and help shepherd the Jedi who need aid. If they want it, I’m more than willing to help wherever I can, if they only need one thing or another? Well, I’ve got my hands around a lot of the galaxy and can help produce whatever you need.”
The Master smirked.

“As for what we’d need? As long as you’re willing to lend a hand around the galaxy, that’s all I ever ask.”
So much needed to be fixed.

Valery offered a soft smile as she felt the warm aura expanding around her. It served as an anchor for her, and paired with her slow recovery from the hibernation sickness, she began to feel more connected to the Force again. With this, memories began to return to her as well, which briefly caused her expression to turn somber.

However, his question helped her snap back to the present, and she'd speak with the same tone as before.
"ATC stands for After the Treaty of Coruscant." she said. She was used to it being the standard, so him not knowing what it meant suggested that she had been in stasis for quite some time.

She'd then go quiet for a moment, thinking about what she could do. Would there be anything left of her Enclave and the Jedi she once knew? While she hoped it would be the case, she began to slowly accept that it may not be the case.

"I think I'd like to travel for a while, return to some worlds I used to visit. Maybe I can find answers for myself there, but ultimately my goal will always remain the same." she said with a kind smile.

"I will serve the Force, and do my best to defend those within the Galaxy who need it. If you can help me get a ship somehow, which I understand is a lot to ask for.. I promise that I will do whatever I can to help." she said. To some, a promise may not mean all that much but Jedi learn to honor their promises as younglings already, and a Jedi Master certainly wouldn't break one made to another.

"I'm only one Jedi but I do have a lot of old knowledge and experience. I feel confident that I can help, once I complete this small journey I must take. Of course, I will do anything reasonable to earn the ship, or any form of transport. Perhaps public transport is an option."

Last edited:
Helping the others out was always what he wanted to do. It was why he became a Jedi. His father taught him to smuggle, it was mostly weapons and goods, but at times they would pick up refugees and renegades, the ones who needed to get around the galaxy and out from under the eye of so many different beings, the Sith, and others. Coren was keen to get people moving and being helpful.

Looking to her as she discussed the Treaty, he was running through his mind. The first time that came ahead was something in the ancient time of the Old Republic “The Old Republic?” He shook his head, could that even be possible?

“If you are looking to get around, we do have ships at least to get you started. And funding. The Jedi Order does survive on good will, but we’ve got a few Jedi who run a few different operations, like my family and mining. So, you can make use of our good will for now, until you get on your feet.” He was offering.

“The Jedi are in a bit of turmoil, but having more of us out there spreading the good will and what Jedi mean to the galaxy will be a smart move for us all.”

While Coren spoke, Valery began finishing up her meal. She was so hungry that she had to resist giving up her manners to eat it all quickly..luckily she was able to resist. A soft sigh of relief escaped her lips after she finished, and her eyes would shift back to the Jedi in front of her.

The idea that he was willing to help her get moving and offer so much help brought a smile to her face. Luckily, even this far into the future, the Jedi were there to help each other.

"If some transport can be arranged for me to get moving, that would be much appreciated." she said before she realized something, and looked down at her damaged tunic. "I'll also need to get my clothing patched up.." she smiled almost sheepishly.

"I'm also sorry to hear that the Jedi are in turmoil, but I will do my best to help bring more balance to them. Even something small will help make a difference in the end." she said with a confident smile. Once she'd be able to get moving, Valery would be able to begin her journey. She had a lot ahead of her, but she seemed very determined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom