Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Striking a match (SJC)

The sound of an alarm filled the room, quiet at the start but growing annoyingly louder by the second. A small hand sluggishly appeared from beneath a blanket and swatted at the offending noisemaker. A well placed strike knocked the alarm clock off the stand and onto the floor, sending the room into silence. A silence that was soon filled by grumbling as the teen untangled herself from her blankets. Once free of her blanket prison, she sat on the edge of her bed and let out a sigh. Another near sleepless night, thanks to these weird dreams she'd been having lately.

Always the same, but different in a way. One night she saw the ground passing by swiftly below her as if she was flying. Another were she felt as if she could wield great strength. The only similarity was how she felt, powerful, fast, nearly invincible. Like some great being of some primal power. More recently she could feel it when she was awake, ever lurking in the back of her mind like it was looking for a way to escape.

None of it made sense. Her tired gaze stared at her open palms. She wasn't some big powerful being or whatever in her dreams. Quite frankly she was small, even smaller than some kids her age. So why was she having dreams and this weird feeling all the time? Milla shook her head to clear her thoughts before standing up to get ready for the day.

A half hour later, her bare feet carried her tired mind and body down the hallway. She had a free day to day. One meant to relax after a few days of nothing but meditation and history classes. She had a plan though, after a quick stop to the cafeteria for breakfast, she headed for the training rooms. A good few hours or so of physical training might tire her out enough to have a dreamless sleep. At least she hoped anyway.

Ura walked through the halls, looking at a hologram of her Deathseed. The Lervon was in one of the training rooms practicing her "shift fighting," as one knight had called it. Not using her lightsaber, but her own body. Forming spears, swords, clubs, and creatures. Since Yurb, she had become a bit nervous about her own lightsaber, so she wanted to brush up on her militia training, and give herself another option for fighting. At least she was training until she noticed Milla Caranthyr Milla Caranthyr .

The Lervon's eyes focused in, seeing that something seemed... off. She almost seemed tired when the day had just started. She knew organics needed food. Maybe she wasn't eating enough? Or, no. It was probably something with sleep. Lervon got... loose when they were tired, so it may've been the same idea. Ura just shrugged before motioning for the training bot to stop, then began to go up to Milla. "Um.... Hi. Are you you ok?"

Kiran Arlos

K
Kiran had been on a cloud nine since he had returned from retrieving his Kyber crystal from his icy venture not too long ago. While he had gathered the remaining components to create his lightsaber he was still hesitant on the task at hand. While he had been incredibly happy, he was always plagued with some strange dreams. Dreams of some sort of dark creature, or perhaps it was an entity of sorts. Kiran was pleased that he hadn't had them in the past few days which was good because he was able to sleep so much better.

Kiran was currently sitting down as he had acquired some books that he was using for his studies but for the time being he was working on his focus and centering himself with the force. The books hovered a few feet in the air and the floated around him slowly.

The Crystal, blade, Jedi

They are one, the lightsaber was a Jedi's life, as well as the force. A powerful ally it was, while Kiran was no where near that strength. He had a long way to go, and he was prepared to do whatever was necessary to help the Silvers and stay on the path of the Jedi and become something great. Not in terms of power, but just in terms of being good. He owed that to himself and to those that he was in close proximity with. The books slowly lowered to the ground as he glanced around and could see Ura Iolar Ura Iolar nearby. He noticed her and another Jedi in the room and he opted to take the time to say hello. Some friendly talk was always good to be had.

"Ura, it's good to see you again." Kiran said as he neared the pair. Kiran glanced to Milla Caranthyr Milla Caranthyr and showed a small smile. "Hi there. I'm Kiran, its nice to meet you."

He awoke with a start, sweat having accumulated across his forehead as he slept. The Padawan rose slowly and began to reflect on the visions in his sleep, dreams muddled with scenes from his recent encounters. Centin sat along the edge of the bed and tried to recall the specifics of what he had dreamt. Meanwhile his fingers felt his newly scarred wound absentmindedly, a long horizontal gash that adorned his left flank. Unable to recall precisely what he had seen during his slumber, the figure dressed quickly in the traditional Jedi apparel.

Guess I’ll hit the training room.

He wandered across the campus in search of some sparring practice, a routine that had become integral to his speedy recovery. Serixibis of the Tulak. The name forced its way to the forefront of his thoughts, a now familiar unwelcome intrusion. He pushed the thought away with a concentrated effort. I can’t think about revenge. Especially not now. I need to get stronger.

The notion circled in his mind as he crossed the threshold into the training room. He stopped as he noticed three strangers speaking to each other, though what about he was uncertain. Regardless, he could do without the distraction.

“Pardon me, don’t mean to intrude on the meeting. I’m just gonna scoot on through and train over there.”

Tags: Milla Caranthyr Milla Caranthyr Ura Iolar Ura Iolar Kiran Arlos

She wandered the vast maze of hallways and corridors permeating the campus. This was a whole new world to her; a library with every book unread, awaiting her wandering eyes. Nandia knew that she could explore any avenue she wished, but... where to start?

Trusting the Force has guided me well in the past; why not here?

She closed her eyes and allowed her presence to expand out from within herself. She dully felt her surroundings around her; the cold walls, the sleek floor, the occasional passerby. Her range didn't extend very far, but not long after she felt a light tug in one direction. Opening her eyes again, she began to walk in that direction, struggling to keep ahold of the fleeting magnetic pull.

Eventually, she found herself in front of what seemed to be a training room; various students practiced techniques completely unknown to Nandia, all melding into a blur of just dueling. Hoping to make light of any of this, she decided to seek out someone in the room.

"Excuse me, are you... would you be able to teach me a little bit? You seem to know what you're doing, and I... well, I've never actually held a lightsaber before, to be completely honest."

Tag: Centin Tillo Centin Tillo

Faster. Guard your left. Stance is too wide. Boom, you’re dead.

Despite the fact he was only sparring against a motionless dummy, Centin was fighting as though his life depended on it. His training saber was a blur, his focus absolute. Or rather, was.

"Excuse me…”

The newcomer’s words sliced through the silence, breaking his intense concentration. He turned to face her wearing a cold expression, clearly annoyed at the intrusion. His eyebrows raised with skepticism when she began to speak about her lack of experience with a lightsaber.

“You’ve never even held a practice saber? How’d you make it here then?” he questioned in slight disbelief. “Well I suppose it’s fine if you’ve never held one, what form do you practice though?” He looked at her expectantly, waiting for the Padawan’s response.

Tag: Nandia Molidias Nandia Molidias

The training room only held a few individuals, which was okay on Milla's part. That meant more room to train harder, and possibly sleep better. A voice caught her attention and she turned see Ura Iolar Ura Iolar make her way over and greet her. "Hi Ura. I'm fine, just...tired is all. Are you here training also?"

Her attention was diverted to Kiran Arlos as he approached and introduced himself. He already knew Ura, but Kiran was new to Milla. She returned his nod with her own and a small smile, one that didn't seem to deliver the same energy as normal. Even her tail lacked its usual side to side swaying. "I'm Milla."

Milla's gaze landed briefly on Centin Tillo Centin Tillo as he entered the room and found his own place to train. Shortly after he was joined by Nandia Molidias Nandia Molidias . Both of them she had never met before, but the academy was a big place and not everyone knew every person in the facility. Milla's eyes turned to where Kiran had been sitting and spotted the books. An odd place to read, butshe guessed it was training of a kind. Her blue eyes turned up to him. "A little bit of light reading?"

She watched Centin Tillo Centin Tillo strike relentlessly against the dummy. It was astonishing, really; how a person could tune-in to such deeper, adrenaline-focused states of emotion from just a dummy. It's not as though it poses any actual threat to him; rather, he's able to build this illusion in his mind that lets him simulate being in actual battle. It's truly remarkable; mind over matter and all that.

I actually just arrived! We weren't particularly... privy to lightsabers where I grew up. It's not really practical to hunt with one, but I'm still interested to learn! She spoke with a slight quiver in her voice. She was curious, sure, but she hadn't really considered how alien this all was. Her eyes drifted to the row of practice sabers on the wall near them, mulling over his other question. ...Form? I'm sorry, I don't think I follow. Is that like a style? If so, I can't say I'm terribly familiar with any of them...

“Huh. I guess they are kind of rare. Myself, I got my lightsaber when I was nine. Built it with my own two hands,” he stated proudly. As he silently reflected on his handiwork a pang of loss resounded through him, one of the few relics from his childhood now lost.

His focus shifted back to the Pantoran as she eyed the practice blades adorning the weapon rack. He walked over and inspected each of them for a moment, looking over them curiously before plucking one off the wall. “Here,” he said, tossing the weapon to the newcomer. “This looks like the right size.”

“If you don’t know Shii-Cho already then you’re worse off than most. You’ll have to study quickly if you want to keep up with the other Padawans.”
He looked at her with the empathy of someone who had also joined the Order later than most, but he lacked the patience to build someone’s form entirely from scratch. "I can show you a couple basic moves but if you want to learn the rest I’d suggest attending one of the beginner classes.” The advice was genuine despite a slight tone of superiority. He raised his saber and sliced downward with two hands, beginning to demonstrate some of the fundamental motions.

He waited for her to mimic his movements, watching with a critical eye. “What’s your thing then? You a strong force user?” he questioned while manually adjusting her grip. He watched her practice the modified technique, already making slight improvements. “There, don’t be so rigid. Chop in a relaxed, fluid motion.”

Tag: Nandia Molidias Nandia Molidias

Milla Caranthyr Milla Caranthyr Kiran Arlos Centin Tillo Centin Tillo Nandia Molidias Nandia Molidias

Ura gave off a happy feelin through the Force when she heard Milla was just tired. It happened every now and then with the Padawans she found. Heck, she got tired enough one night to sleep in the hanger, mid engine repair. She was thankful someone didn't shut some of her into it or something. She then nodded when Milla asked about if she was training.

"Yeah. I was brushing up on some old training I got before coming here." Ura then looked at Kiran as he walked up, quickly saying "Good to see you too." She did notice Milla too, and how there seemed to a be some sort of change in how she was moving. Odd.... She didn't know what it meant.

Nandia's arm shot up to grab the practice blade; she fumbled with it in the air for a few moments before finally getting a grip of it. She tossed it back and forth between her hands, testing the feel and the balance of it in each, before deciding it felt best in her left.

Her eyes lit up at the mention of Shii-Cho. "Oh! I know that one! I mean, not like, know it, but like, I read a little bit about it. I only really recognize the name and know that it's a fighting style, though. I would be super grateful if you taught me a few moves; it seems like everyone here already knows the basics, so going to the beginner classes with some insider knowledge would help me feel less out-of-place..."

She did her best to mimic his movements, but it was tough. Not only was she attempting to replicate positions seemingly second-nature to him, but she wasn't used to holding a blade like this up for extended periods of time; her arms trembled, and it felt like he was constantly having to remind her to keep her elbows up. "I-I guess I'm a decent force user? I mean, I don't have any actual training, but apparently I've been using it for a while without knowing it, which is how I ended up here..."

Centin Tillo Centin Tillo

Amadeus had been on Kashyyyk for maybe a week or more. He'd spent most of that time in the wilds, thinking of where he might venture now that he was free from self imposed exile. He knew there was a temple, somewhere, he had yet to bother looking for it. The Jedi who found him were likely to retintroduce him to the Order, but they had other duties to attend to for now. Shan even kept his red bladed saber, although he hadn't ignited it since he left the Needan system.

His arrival at the Silver Rest was entirely on accident. Though he wondered if it were something mystical directing him towards it, he tried to ignore that possibility. He emerged from the foliage surrounding the training grounds. In his arms he held a basket of fruit, freshly picked. Shan was quiet for a moment, he was both overwhelmed and in awe of the sheer number of Padawans training in the safety of the temple's grounds. So many things had changed since he was in their place.

Those who could feel, or bothered to notice his presence, would note an overall calmness but some conflict deeper within him. He was intruiged by Centin Tillo Centin Tillo and took it upon himself to approach him and the other Padawan he was assisting. During his time within the order, Amadeus had reached the ranks of Knight. But his fall to the dark and subsequent exile meant he was more an equal match to most of the Jedi around him now. His ambidextrous command of the force was stronger than that of his saber forms. He too was experienced in Form V, and was proficient in using it offensively.

"Through patience with the blade, you will learn discipline in the force," he circled the two Padawans, "thus, you must carry the weight of the blade, before you can carry the burden of the force."

Tags: Nandia Molidias Nandia Molidias Shan Amadeus Shan Amadeus

“So not a prodigious force user and definitely not a fighter. Let me guess, you grew up on some backwater planet? No offense of course, I grew up on a cartel planet. I’m just trying to figure out how you ended up here.” He was intrigued by the girl, seeing as relatively few padawans are only just beginning their training at her age.

By the end of the impromptu lesson the Pandoran had shown small but definitive improvements in her Shii-Cho basics. It’ll take some work, but she’ll get there. He noticed that even despite her lack of experience the other padawan still demonstrated strong survival instincts. “So, what are you looking to specialize in? Where do your talents lie? If you’re interested more in combat I could show you a few moves from the Makashi form,” he offered, never skipping an opportunity to demonstrate his own technique. “That's what I practice, primarily.”

Centin looked up from the conversation as a stranger approached, the figure extending his own words of advice to the young padawans. “Yea, what he said,” the young man stated, nodding his head towards the Chagrian. He regarded the newcomer with analytical eyes and tried to get some sort of read on the guy. Hmm. I got nothing. Might as well be direct. “Sorry, looks like I forgot my manners. Padawan Tillo,” he stated, extending a hand. “And you are?”

Last edited:

Kiran Arlos

K
Kiran chuckled lightly as he looked back towards the book as Milla Caranthyr Milla Caranthyr as he noticed she spotted the books and commented on them.

"Just a little bit, I enjoy reading pretty well. But I was also working on my own concentration and such." Kiran had taken the time to center himself and work on his own inner peace to try and balance things more. With the dreams he had been having lately he had been trying to find something get a fix on it.

"It's nice to meet you Milla." The Padawan said with a small smile and he glanced to Ura Iolar Ura Iolar "What training were you working on?"

Shan ignored the hand and instead bit a chunk out of one of the fruits in his basket.

"You may call me Shan," he said, "quite the Academy you have here."

He began examining one of the training dummies, "much time for study, is there? Do you ever leave this temple?"

Amadeus recalled his time as a Padawan. Reading, meditating, learning to most effectively disable a training droid. None of it really compared to the life he lead under the influence of the dark, though.

"I never thought form mattered much, it's about how you feel. There is no one way down this path," said Shan, "perhaps you and I should spar, unless of course...you lack confidence in your own ability, young Centin Tillo Centin Tillo ."

Shan slipped his lightsaber from his robes and held the un-lit hilt in his hand, waiting for the Padawan's response to the proposal.

Tags: Nandia Molidias Nandia Molidias Shan Amadeus Shan Amadeus

“I suppose it’s nice enough,” he responded, eyeing the Chagrian curiously.

“There’s enough time for studying, or for fun if you want to avoid burying your nose in a book,” he answered while grinning slyly. “Personally, I spend most of my time training my forms. And yes, sometimes we leave the temple. I’ve gone and trained elsewhere, departed on missions, or even left for leisure.” His answers were genuine yet all the while he felt a growing sense of caution.

“It’s a little unusual to have visitors though. What is it that you do Shan?” The question was posed innocently enough, but of course it was just a cursory inspection. Centin had many more questions that were only just beginning to arise.

That curiosity increased exponentially when the stranger offered a challenge to the young padawan.

Who is this guy?

“Well I’m usually never one to decline a sparring match, however today I must I’m afraid. I’m still recovering from a battle you see, and I’ve been told to keep my training limited.” Centin desperately wanted to engage in the peculiar duel but knew that if he re-aggravated his wounds it could result in his recovery, and therefore his redemption, being slowed. Plus, he thought, Amani would kill me if she knew I was already fighting. And the last thing I want is for her to go and give me the silent treatment again. "Plus it would probably be rude of me to abandon my new student so soon," he stated as he flashed a wink at his fellow padawan.

“Maybe we could spar some other time, if you’re planning to be around long.” The proposal both offered an interesting future prospect for the boy and also allowed him to discreetly pry more information from the outsider. “What do you say?”

It’s a little unusual to have visitors though. What is it that you do Shan?

Shan smiled at the question, "I don't know yet."

He was throroughly disappointed by the declined match, but didn't say as much. What luxury! They could go into battle then kick back and relax at this beautiful temple. Shan might've been jealous.

Maybe we could spar some other time, if you’re planning to be around long.

"I'll be here a while," he said, "tell me...how goes the war?"

Shan watched the various students training, some of them looked back at him a little strangely. The old Jedi had many years to catch up on. He felt awfully out of place and alone. There was an aura of despair around him, he was struggling to adjust.

Milla was just as curious as Kiran Arlos as to what type of training Ura Iolar Ura Iolar . She didn't see a lightsaber with her. Maybe some kind of force training. Her blue eyes ventured back up to kiran when he mentioned that he enjoyed reading. "Reading is a good way to concentrate I guess. Definitely not my strongest skill because..."

The young Padawan trailed off their. She wasn't good at reading since being an orphan on the streets for so long took a toll on her literacy skills. That wasn't why she was here though, she had other plans. "I think I'm going to stick with more physical training than concentration. Just need to tire myself out so I can sleep."

"Let me guess, you grew up on some backwater planet?"

Nandia wrinkled her nose at that. Sure, she didn't have the most fanciful upbringing, but calling Pantora a backwater planet is a bit much.

"I'm from Pantora, actually. It's not backwater and it's not a planet, either; it's actually quite an advanced moon civilization. Although... I guess you're right in that I'm not from the sophisticated part of it. I grew up on farmland, which just means I can take care of myself."

Her form may have been lacking, and her strikes were always deftly countered by Centin, but what ability she did have shone through when faced with his attacks. He could still usually hit her, but trusting her instinct she was able to throw up her blade or dodge a fair number of them.

"Specialize in? I... guess I hadn't really given it much thought. I just wanted to cultivate what basic ability I already have with the force and try to make something of myself. In that regard, though, I'm decent at... knowing things, I guess? Like, I can sometimes tell where things are when I can't see them, or know when something happens right before it actually happens... And I can't say I know what Makashi is, but I'm happy to learn!"

Seeing the Chagrian approach, Nandia felt an air of intimidation, of power. "I'm, uh... Padawan Molidias," she said, copying Centin, before stepping to the side to see what the two of them do.

Tags: Centin Tillo Centin Tillo Shan Amadeus Shan Amadeus

Milla Caranthyr Milla Caranthyr Kiran Arlos

Ura tilted her head when she heard what Milla said. Work out until she was tired enough to sleep? Ura could sort of understand that, but it just seemed... a bit unhealthy. At least with what little she knew of organic health. The lervon shifted a little before looking around, eyeing Milla before speaking up. "Milla? Have you been sleeping ok. I know I'm about to... how do you say it? Talk about myself? Say something I should be listening to? Protect to the chores? That one doesn't sound right, but.... Do you want to talk about it?" Ura was honestly worried, and yes she knew she should listen to her own advice, but she wanted to make sure Milla was ok first. She did at least answer Kiran though.

"I was refreshing some of my militia training."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom