Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dromund Fel
[member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]

Vrak stood quietly on the balcony of his palace, gaze falling on the jungle before him.

The Palace here on Dromund Fel had only been constructed recently, a few months before when he'd first brought Irid here to train. The structure had been built just beyond a set of old ruins that some would recognize as Sith Tombs. Tulak Horde had once wandered through those tombs, though that had been many thousands of years before. Vrak hadn't chosen this location for that however, he'd picked it because of it's anonymity.

Dromund Fel was a world that most had forgotten, they saw it as little more than a relic of the past, but Vrak knew better. There was power here, within the ruins, within the forest itself. The nexus wasn't as prominent as it was on Dromund Kaas, but it was there. Enough to cloak his own aura, enough to keep him and his servants hidden. Ultimately that was why he had chosen it, so no one would find him here. The palace itself was ornate, build of greenish marble and filled to the brim with relics, books, and all the ostentation one would expect of someone like Vrak.

A balcony overlooked the forest below, a massive lake filled by a waterfall just to the left.

Seraphina had taken up residence here since their flight from Athiss all those weeks ago. She had found the palace more than to her liking, isolated, and equipped with everything she could need, Vrak had heard surprisingly little complaint from her. He had set her on half a dozen tasks in preparation for the rise of The Empire, ones she had swiftly completed. Her execution of Telos' Governor had been instrumental in seizing the world.

Now that the Empire had declared itself, taken Ziost and the two other planets, it was clear that Vrak needed time away. Sith from all over the galaxy had come to him, but he needed time to plot, to plan his next move and see that everything ran smoothly.

He frowned slightly as he turned away from the jungle.

"Prepare a meal." Vrak told one of the servants as he wandered back into the palace, a crack of lightning sounding out above him, the signs of a storm quickly arriving.

The Twi'lek rubbed the bridge of her nose, index finger and thumb on either side of her eyes, tired as they were. It had been quite a long few months, and despite it all, had managed to not to get herself killed, nor had the undeniable urge to kill him returned as of yet. That said, it had been all in all a relatively quiet time, despite the few trips she had been sent on, executions more accurately put. None were of great difficulty, though several had been a bit tricky to get out of, a witness here or there that had to be quieted, and a few loose ends that needed to be tied.

Anonymity was by far her greatest strength, and even though she now held the answers, or rather, most of the answers as to who she was in another life, she felt no desire to return to that path.

To walk in the light would be to admit failure. Failure was unacceptable. This was who she was now. All that she was before was gone, an image of her past that had been let go.

Pink legs pulled back, allowing her feet to fall from the rail of the balcony to the cool marble surface beneath her, standing slowly to look out into the expanse of jungle before her. With a puff of air between pursed lips she turned on her heels and headed back inside, hand pressing on the electronic slider to close the door behind her. Down the hallway she carried herself, in search of the crimson skinned man, hopeful to find him in his own quarters. The door was cracked open, and before she could push it inward, out came a servant in stride, nearly bumping into her with a quick 'excuse me' before rushing off.

"Vrak." She said, stepping in after the servant had scurried off.

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

Vrak had always found this Palace to have a certain charm to it. Though the one on Athiss had been rebuilt, this had become his primary residence in some way. Dromund Fel was isolated from the Empire, it was away from the Council, the other Sith. A tad closer to the Silver Jedi Order than he would have liked, but it seemed they like so many others gave not a single thought towards the abandoned planet. It was a good thing really, but he couldn't help but feel paranoid at times.

The Pureblood slowly began to strip his robes off, pulling away the fabric to don something more comfortable. He was here to relax, to plan his next move and ensure that The Empire would go as he needed it to. Eventually there would be a fight, other Sith, Jedi, perhaps even the Galaxy itself. He needed to be ready.

When the soft pitter patter of feat rang out within the hall he frowned slightly, half turning towards the door even as the Servant swept forward. When he caught a hint of pink within the doorway Vrak turned away, knowing that it was just Seraphina. She hadn't attempted to kill him over the last few months, though she'd made the threat more than once. Slowly he was beginning to think they were empty words, but he couldn't be too careful around her.

She was still dangerous.

When she stepped through the door he turned to her. "Yes?"

The Pureblood spoke as he pulled his robe from his torso, tossing the garment onto he nearby bed and leaving him standing in his small clothes. Nothing she hadn't seen before.

The woman paused, leaning against the door frame that separated the hallway from the room. One leg crossed the other, right foot to the left of the other, arms crossed.

Deep green eyes ran up and down for a moment, as if surveying him despite having a very well detailed image of him in her head already. It seemed to offset the balance between the two each time she did it, perhaps causing a small bit of nerves to come creeping up. Of course after a few moments of silence she let her arms fall and stood upright, wandering into the room and sitting on the bed, one leg up while the other balanced her weight from the floor.

"What's your plan?" A vague question. "With the Jedi? The alliance?" Surely the Silvers, the Galactic Alliance would be none to pleased to see a resurgence of Sith Purebloods in the galaxy, knowing exactly what kind of destruction that would follow. Nor was the empire much of an anonymous one anymore. "You're not so secret anymore." That, by extension, also put her at risk of being discovered, something she would have to be extra careful of now. "There's also the matter of those First Order freaks and whatever crazy leader their cultists follow."

Though they seemed more intent on bringing about the destruction of the alliance, which for now would benefit the empire.

Until now, everything had been about bringing Athiss under his relative control. Now he would have to take into account the outside galaxy as well.

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

Vrak gave her an amused smile, not bothering with clothes for the moment and simply wandering over to her. Many of her questions were exactly what plagued his own mind in that moment. Taking Athiss under his control had been child's play compared to what was about to come. He knew that, many on the Council did as well. There was a general sense of celebration within the Empire of course, a rise about the glorious surge of power that they were experiencing, but Vrak knew better than to celebrate for now.

"The Alliance won't touch us for the time being." He was more than confident of that. They were half the galaxy away, and on top of that they were dealing with the First Order. War was about to break out between the two Governments, and the least of their concern would be The Empire rising within the Tingel Arm. "The First Order will keep them embroiled in a war for the time being."

Perhaps there was a way to take advantage of that. "The Silver Jedi have long remained insular, though they hold Dromund Kaas."

Ironically a planet located only a short few million kilometers away.

"They will have to be dealt with." He'd long prepared for this, but she was right in saying that it wouldn't be easy.

"The largest concern however is one you've overlooked." This was what troubled him the most, and would bring the largest issue for the New Empire. "The Sith. Those that dwell on Korriban, Thule, half a dozen other worlds. They are the biggest threat and before I worry about everything else they must to be cowed. It will start with Korriban. The full weight of the Empire will fall there."

The Twi'lek's head tails curled ever so slightly as she looked to Vrak with odd curiosity.

"Your people are always just as eager to spill the blood of your own as you are those of the Jedi. I've always found that ironic. It's counter-intuitive to the preservation of one's own species, yet you still persist the matter."

The Silvers, insular as they may be, did still on occasion still crusade against the dark side of the Force when it suited their needs. What really interested Sera though was how exactly Vrak planned to take under burden the act of bringing to heel the other Sith drifting about the galaxy following one cult or another, fighting for some self proclaimed lord, when even he had ensured his people remained a quiet voice through the galaxy until just the right moment.

"These Sith," She started, "You expect them to kneel to you? To Athiss? Have you any idea their numbers, where exactly their leaders take up abode? Killing them outright will likely be a hopeless endeavor, and taking them in will pose an equal threat to not only you but the empire as well." She expected him to know all of this, but still, she was curious to drive the answers. "How then, do you plan to ensure you do not become infested with vermin and fall victim to the very same methods you utilized to gain power?"

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

"My People." He reminded her. "Are with me. Their blood is spilled in order to secure our Empire. A worthy cause."

The Sith that remained outside of his grasp were not Pureblood, most of them were in fact human, or some branch of that disgusting race. Were it up to him they would slaughter the lot of the, leave them as rotting corpses in the sun of Korriban. Yet he did not wield absolute power. Even now Vrak was far from an Emperor. He had the Council to deal with, and it was their will that he bring as many into the fold as possible. An annoying task to be sure, but one he would respect.

For now. "They ran."

He told her flatly regarding the leadership of the other Sith.

"From Korriban, from Malachor. They fled before us the moment we appeared over Ziost." It was a rather annoying prospect. "Their leadership will attempt to reform and rebuild elsewhere, though I do not yet know where. Eventually they will clash with us, but for now all I need do is claim their remnants that still lay close to us."

Vrak brushed his fingers against her cheek, a small smile decorating his face. He knew of the challenges that would have to be dealt with, knew of everything that lay ahead. Vrak was not foolish enough to believe he had already achieved ultimate victory. "There will always be threats from within. Half a dozen of my underlings are likely plotting my death as we speak, but it's the nature of who and what I am. When the first makes his attempt the others will quickly learn his mistake."

The Sith Lord shrugged.

"None of this will be easy, but it never was. Even for Vitiate." The Emperor of old that Vrak so revered.

A single pink hand snapped up, grabbing the Pureblood's wrist as he stroked her cheek with his crimson finger. "I would not fail." She reminded him.

His increasing power and stature on Athiss had hardly gone unnoticed by the Twi'lek. Seraphina was now well aware that he had become much stronger in the recent past, something she would be certain to keep a watchful eye over. He posed as much a threat to her as she to him, or at least, much more now than ever before. And while she had a number of important uses for him, the key to this relationship was ensuring that he found no other replacement for her, lest she be forced to kill him before he struck at her.

"Nor will my blood be spilled for this game of risk."

Sera held no fear of death itself, but Vrak's crusade against the galaxy was not something she would die for. It held no value to her.

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

"Of course not." He reassured her.

Vrak was now on the Council, he was a Sith Lord and his power was only growing day by day. He now had access to knowledge that he'd never held before, mysteries that he'd only dreamed of discovering. They both knew that the balance of power had shifted in a way that it had never been before. Yet that didn't mean he was quite ready to kill her yet. She had shamed him more than once in their time together, but she had also tempered him in a way.

Where once the simple grasping of his wrist would have been enough to send him into a spiraling rage, Vrak now simply as took it as par for the course. For someone normal that might not have seemed like a big deal, but for Vrak it was a mark that he was becoming more calm.

He smiled slightly. "I still have many uses for you."

"You're more than just another pawn on the Chess board." She was more like a Knight, perhaps even a Queen. "Your own motivations mean I can trust you more than most."

It was an odd sort of complement coming from him.

Green eyes studied his face as he spoke, never wavering to his exposed body for even a momentary glance. The hand grasping hold of Vrak's wrist relaxed, releasing him. The head tails shifted behind her head as she lulled just slightly, allowing half a smile to grace the Twi'lek's expression. Her own motivations were relatively simplistic these days, enjoy the comforts provided by Vrak's servants and power, do relatively whatever she pleased, and on occasion, by necessity, eliminate obstacles in the man's path that posed realistic problems.

Morality for her was something loosely defined and shifted based on circumstance.

Few things were off the playbook when it came to Vrak's needs, save for anything involving children.

"Speaking of," The woman did have a reason for barging in, after all. "It would seem you made more than a few enemies as of late." Sera lifted her other leg from the floor, leaning back to stretch out over the bed, hands resting just behind her so that she could still maintain eye contact with the Sith. "Supposedly a few are planning to assassinate you as some trial by their lord, likely looking to replace you."

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

"Unsurprising." Vrak noted with a small nod. Assassination attempts were more than common even before The Empire had risen. Most weren't foolish enough to try, generally because it lead to an immediate and painful death. "Do you know this Lord's name?"

Vrak could likely find out for himself, but what was the point if she already knew?

The Pureblood was Councilor of Intelligence, that meant every spy, agent, and crook reported to him. Vrak had a constant flow of information from every piece of The Empire. Not to mention the various agents he had across the galaxy and the information that he received from other parties within the Underworld. Sifting through all of it was incredibly difficult however, and it was no surprise that a small assassination attempt that would apparently be happening in the future slipped by him.

Slowly he drew himself forward, half crawling ontop of Seraphina as he continued to question her. "The names of his apprentices?"

He pressed his lips against her exposed stomach.

"When they will strike?" Vrak didn't seem particularly concerned, though if he knew the when and where it would be enough to stop it all before it even started.

A small purr came from the woman as she felt his lips press against her stomach. "Perhapssssss." She dragged the final syllable out for a moment, allowing her eyes to shutter closed for a few brief seconds as her chest rose and fell with a few deep breaths. "You may listen for yourself, if you wish." From the side pocket of her pants her hand withdrew a small recorder.

Showing it to Vrak she set the device on the nightstand beside his bed. "One of them bequeathed to me a bit of the finer details before I ended his life."

A wicked grin painted her face as she spoke. "He was little more than a courier, sent between master and apprentices as a means of hiding the trail." That grin grew wider. "Only problem was, that was the trail. Following it was easier than it should have been. Perhaps this lord wishes for you to find him." Hardly her concern really, Vrak would decide how best to handle the situation, she simply delivered what he would need. What he did with that information was up to him.

A finger reached, pressing the play button as a small holo appeared and began to play the moment Sera began the interrogation of a middle aged human man.

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

Vrak tilted his head to the side for just a moment, letting his lips brush against the flat of her stomach as he turned to watch the hologram with predatory eyes.

Unsurprisingly he didn't recognize the man within the recording, though his face was flush with fear and Vrak could make out sweat dripping from his forehead. He frowned in disgust, pondering for a moment how Humans ever lived with themselves in such a state. The man seemed to babble on for a moment, talking about something The Pureblood didn't care about, this didn't go on for long however as Seraphina flicked a knife towards the mans skin.

After that things became interesting.

"L-lo." The sniveling wretch could barely speak. "Lord Berilin s-sent me."

Vrak's head immediately perked up, The Pureblood lingering on top of Seraphina but his attention now fully upon the Holorecording. His eyes narrowed, his ears seemed to twitch slightly as he tried to listen to every syllable, every expression the man used.

"I-I-I don't know anything, I swear, I'm just the messenger there's nothing else." The Interrogation went on for quite some time just like that. Seraphina digging into the man, the messenger screaming in pain and blubbering out something else until eventually the Twi'lek apparently had her fill. A quick slice and the Mesenger was dispatched, the recording ending with a succinct, but rather guttural scream from Seraphina's victim.

For a moment The Pureblood said nothing, then he returned his gaze to Sera. "Lord Berilin sits on The Council."

That would likely intrigue her a great deal.

"Many uses." She said, reminding Vrak. "It seems the council, or at least one of the councilors still wants to see you in a pool of your own blood."

Perhaps it was that he threatened the balance of power? Maybe they just held a grudge. Or perchance this was just more typical Sith behavior, a test or just something to pass boredom. Regardless, she knew that he would want to hear it, so thus she brought him the information. "Thoughts?" She asked, looking down at the man on top of her.

"I don't suppose you know the reaction the other members of this council might have if this man found his way dead?"

To Sera, that was the most logical approach, kill the man before he had the opportunity to do the same to you.

It did make her want to giggle a bit that Vrak had helped rise this empire and yet was still the target of the council's ire.

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

"I knew that some on the Council were rather displeased with me." That was a simple byproduct of all he had done. Vrak had destabilized and nearly broken all of Athiss in order to actually ascend to the Council itself, and now he was pushing an agenda that put their entire species in danger. If something happened, then they would all be lost, or so the fearmongers would like to put it every time they spoke out against him.

"I hadn't thought he would be one of them." Vrak told her honestly. "He sits as the Councilor for war. His power is only going to increase over the next few years as the Empire grows and continues to expand."

In fact the man who he'd thought would want him dead was Aril. The Minister for Education. Vrak knew the old man despised him, not the least of which because Siedra had been his granddaughter. It had been easy to think he would want Vrak dead, but Berilin? No that came as a surprise. The man should have been behind Vrak every step of the way, unless of course he planned to install a puppet in the seat of Intelligence. That would make sense.

"Killing him wouldn't be as easy as you think." Though he had no objection to doing so.

Vrak drew himself up slightly, pulling to his knees so that he straddled her. "All the armies of Athiss fall at his feet, his personal guard is considerable, and he's already claimed Telos as his new Crown world. He's building a palace there."

"Apparently he thinks he doesn't need you anymore. You got the ball rolling and now you're simply in his way?" She only posed the latter as a question because she hadn't any real insight as to how their society really operated, save for what Vrak had told her, but it seemed a reasonable explanation as to the man's actions against him. "That would be my reason, if it were me. Eliminate the burden before it becomes one."

The Twi'lek shifted her head, each lek adorned with its' individual ring coming forward to lay against her chest with an ever so slight curl to them.

Sera wasn't about to rush off and make for her own assassination attempt against this Berilin, that wasn't the reason she had brought the information up to him.

"Well. I ended that messenger's life early this morning, so I wager to say you've got about until the end of the day before someone starts wondering where their messenger went to. What would you care to do with that bit of time?"

For the first time in several minutes she noticed that he was still relatively undressed atop her. She snickered, "Perhaps clothing yourself might be one item?"

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

For a moment he considered. A day wasn't really all that much time to do anything. Striking at the Councilor of War would require far longer than just a day to plan. If he wanted to kill the man it would take him at least a week to effectively plan anything. Berilin wasn't an idiot, he would know that as soon as his messenger was gone something was wrong. Vrak had no doubt he would be the first suspect, and from there...well he'd either try to kill Vrak anyway or back down.

"For now." His gaze fell back down to her. "I'll leave him be."

It was too dangerous to try to attack him, accusing him would do no good, and there was no point in anything else. No. Vrak would have to play this the smart way. He could fend off a few assassination attempts, and eventually he would catch Berilin in a more compromising positions.

"He'll try, regardless of the messengers death. Berilin has always been overconfident." That would at least give him a jumping off point. For a moment the Sith Lord simply thought, and then he turned his attention to Seraphina.

"As for what I'll do today?" His hands slipped onto her torso, slowly sliding up her body. "I have a few thoughts."

The lithe woman pulled her legs back, digging her feet into the Sith's chest to fend him off even as he drew himself further upon her.

"Not so fast, Lord Nashar." Dark green eyes flickered up at him as she withheld him from getting nearer. "Getting ahead of yourself now."

Often times denying his desires were as enjoyable to the Twi'lek as indulging them. "Surely you've more pressing things to see to?"

If he didn't see any urgency in dealing with the very real threat on his life than she wouldn't press him for it. After all, it wasn't her they were looking for. Most had no idea who she actually was, given that she never left the palace wearing anything less than her veiled armor. Anonymity was often times a much more powerful weapon than even a lightsaber, one that would ensure she remain a ghost among both the Sith and Jedi alike.

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

His hands immediately wrapped around her ankles, pulling her legs up into the air.

The pads of his fingers pressed into her skin as he drew her closer to him, practically dragging her over the bed by her legs. He pressed his lips against her ankle, then glanced down towards her. "One would think that I do."

In a way, she was right. The Empire was still growing rapidly, and currently everything was in a flux. Yet until Berilin gathered the fleets for their invasion of Korriban, Thule, and Malachor there was nothing else he could do. They had all the intelligence reports laid out, they had everything they needed. All that was left was to strike. Of course the Council would have liked it if he'd been closer to them, but everyone needed a vacation now again.

Especially after everything he had done as of late.

His hands slowly slipped down her legs, pressing them apart so he could move between them.

"Yet." He leaned over her, his lips just a few inches from hers. "I don't find myself concerned."

"No?" She asked Vrak quizzically, her legs still in his grasp without the faintest hint of struggle. "Then what, if I might ask, is your plan then?"

If he planned not to see to the removal of Berilin until after his people had reclaimed their homeworld and those surrounding it, then surely he had to have something else in mind for the interim. Reintroducing the Sith of Athiss to Korriban would be a heavy undertaking, one that Seraphina wasn't quite sure as to whether or not she had any role to play in. The world held little in the way of importance to her. In fact, to her it was just an ancient, desolate heap of rock filled with the corpses of long since dead Sith buried beneath its' red surface.

She cared nothing for the dead.

Closing the gap between them the Twi'lek sank her teeth into the Sith's lip, drawing the smallest droplets of blood.

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom