Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Stretching Legs

Still on the ground Kurenai used the momentum of her leg sweep to kick herself up and back to standing, moving back to put distance between the two. Hand shaking bit though the pain quickly vanished as fast as it had been dealt, such a blow, wasn't anything she hadn't felt before. Eyes moving back up to the women as Kurenai relaxed her stance a bit.

"A bounty hunter hu, makes sense, with all the wars going around law enforcement can be a bit stretched". That and fugative commandants from both sides sneaking into each other's territories. "Well I don't put to much faith in the force but perhaps it helped us both out, that being said along with brawling are you looking to increase your knowledge of it and have someone to test it out with"?

While she had no problem throwing first at one another for the rest of the day getting an idea of what she could teach Saff was just as important.

Saff Saff

That gleeful smile she had sported finally shifted, moving from a childish mirth to a more relaxed interest. No less happy, but a more focused and restrained feeling.

"Work is plentiful, not that there's many big fish about these days. Hard to get good scores when you're dealing with proper warfare," she said, her posture losing its tension and finally, she relaxed, arms folding.

"While martial arts may be on parity for us, i can nearly guarantee you you've got more to teach on the force than i have even begun to know. I'll happily accept whatever you have to give." Straightening up for a moment, she offered a shallow bow, the force wasn't her strength, it was a tool, and it was one she would much like to see improved if she were to get anywhere.

Kurenai returned the respectful bow, Saff was her equal in hand to hand combat, perhaps even better with her flexibility. "Well I am more then happy to teach you what I know and spar when you wish to have a fight, I think we will both learn a bit from our time together... do you drink tea"? She asked, moving to the side of the yard where the porch of the manor was, a servant coming out, placing down a tray with some drinks along with small snack like food.

"In terms of the force how to you focuse your powers? Do you keep calm and concentrate like the Jedi? Getting a clear image of what you want to do? Or are you more a user of emotions? Anger, passion, or a blend of the too"? The best way to start teaching a prospective force user was to understand how they tapped into the power.

Saff Saff

"I'll drink anything when it's offered," She replied, in truth never having tried the stuff. Such fine things weren't quite common where she frequented. Though she was just glad to find some form of comfort from the woman. It was a pleasant surprise to be treated well by a host rather than shot at or stabbed. It was equally strange to see servants waiting on you hand and foot like she had on hand.

"I do not focus it quite so well. It's more akin to breathing it in, like i have to physically inhale it to let it out." She said, somewhat embarrassed by not fitting either criteria.

Kurenai leaned against the side of the house while taking in what Saff said, dismissing the servent for the time being. Her usage of the force was interesting, and different but could be worked with. "I see, so more akin to drawing it into yourself and expelling it then? Feeling it around your being, in the air"?

It wasn't uncommon to find nontrained forces users have a similar sort of feeling about the force. Its presence kind of just surrounding them, though for Saff she seemed to have taken it a step further and learned how to draw that presence into her before using it. "If that is the case I might be able to help using some more traditional Atrsian-styled methods, are you familiar with Yoga and meditation"? It might sound a little cheesy but she was confident that the somewhat stereotypical martial art training methods could help Saff tap into her force powers.

Saff Saff

Nodding along, Saffron couldn't disagree with the assessment, "It's not as much that i'm simply pulling and pushing, it's something i control, but i wasn't aware there was a style one should adopt when dealing with this."

walking up to her compatriot, she stretched her limbs back out again, cracking out a few more of her joints to ease the dull bruises that had begun to form on her back, "But i am aware of meditation, it was how we were trained to focus, but never did we have it used for the force itself," she explained, having to dig through her memories for the information.

Chekīta Kaie

I'm smiling, this should scare you
(This is meant to be Kurenai)

"Hmmm well if you can control it that is good, but I suppose we can help strengthen that controls you have over it with my methods. That being said the meditation I employ isn't your usual sit cross-legged and hum, it involved taking a pose and keeping said pose for as long as possible, similar to bridging but standing up usually, hence why I talked about yoga".

Kurenai moved over to the rack of equipment with her drink in hand, using the force to open up a box and take out some plate-looking items before wandering back over. "If you have recovered enough perhaps we can get started on this".

Saff Saff

Last edited:
With a shrug, she acquiesced, straightening up and eyeing the items she had returned with.

"I am open to trying anything that has worked for you. Worst case is it's a good exercise," she admitted with a smile and a shrug. Plus, she was enjoying this so far.

(Sorry I used the wrong character XD)

"Good, now, take a pose you are sitting down, and stretch your arms out, I want you to focus on the force and keep it for as long as you can, think of it like a muscle that needs to be stretched and strained a little before it gets stronger". She instructed, putting her hand on Saffs back and raising her arms to get into the ideal position for the training.

Saff Saff

(Had the feeling that was the case XD)

Returning her mind to a time where she was simply younger and training, Saffron allowed herself to be moved by the woman's words. She let her body slacken and her form bend to the motions of the woman, nodding to her words and motes of advice, tightening only her chest to concentrate on her centre and maintain a moment of understanding of the force, and hold it tight to her chest, clinging tightly to the concept of the ethereal and kinetic form it took. She could touch it almost as if her mind were able to poke and prod it like it were a ball she held in her hands.

As Saff got into position and maintained it Kurenai placed the small plate like objects on her hands and knees, letting them get stable before slowly backing away. "Try to maintain your balance, bot only on your body but these instead. Once more think it like flexing a muscle, you train with heavy weights so that lifting other things like your weapon become easy, if you can do something like this and make sure your movement is kept in check using it to launch yourself or pull something towards you will be much easier". She elaborated, slowly pacing around Saff.

Saff Saff

Last edited:
Saff exhaled slowly with each new weight placed upon her. Her muscles tensed and then slowly relaxed - the weight was more than bearable for the moment, and adding their pressure atop the building pressure from holding her stance, it made her focus. Each step taken to circle her had her take a sharp breath in and a long breath out. The moments bled into eternity as she took the world in with each inhale, allowing the force to hang on her thoughts and motions.

"It's a nice change of pace to be able to breathe like this," she mused happily.

"Nice change of pace? Am I right to assume your prior master trained you in a way that involved holding your breath"? She commented, on occasion pushing Saff a little to test her balance and keep her on her toes. Seemed like an odd way to train a person in her mind. "Regardless it is nice to know you are taking this form of training to heart, not everyone enjoys or see's it's merit and along with honing your force sensitivity is also helps your physical body as well". In her mind both needed to be trained hard in order to progress, being sound in body and mind.

Saff Saff

A smile crept along her face as Kurenai spoke. With a shake of her head she chucked, "no, nothing like that... it's a lot to explain, perhaps another time."

Moving and swaying with her companion's touches and probes, she did not falter in her stance nor in her commitment to the practice. Whether or not she cared more for the style of practise than any other, was irrelevant. What she was interested in was the results any might bring. Each attempt was a step closer to beign more than she was before, and better than her master was.

"Well if you are planning on making our training relationship long term I think I'll get to hear about it". It could make either for some entertaining or odd conversation once things got settled down. "Anyways, let's take things up another notch, lets's see if you can use the force to keep the dishes and yourself in place". Moving back to her front Kurenai took a slight stance, waving a have up, a strong almost gust of wind produced by the force blasted against Saff's front, half aiming to topple the dishes on her legs but also up the pressure of the force attempting to unbalance the women's posture.

Saff Saff

About ready to ask what she meant, Saffron felt the pull on the force before she did the words or the wind, buckling her powerful form, she didn't budge, but the plates did. One threatened to fall and the others swayed for the other direction. It left her a choice, and it was easy enough for her to do, as she did as she had with her fighting before and dropped the weight of the force down on herself, pressing the weights against her form, trapping them in place. However, the lone, slippery one had already swayed too far aside and it dropped, almost hitting the floor, save for the slight movement of a foot that cushioned the fall, thankful for the steel-toed boots she wore.

"Don't want to mess up your lovely training field," she said with a smile.

Kurenai quirked an eyebrow as Saff managed to get out at the last second, giving a small smirk at what she assumed to be a provocation. "Oh? my field, well it is indeed lovely but you can mess it up, it wants it is meant for, wouldn't be the first time it's been ruined". "That being said that was a good save, adaptability it a virtue with the use of force, and in combat, knowing that you can do as much it good, but if you are looking for a bit more of a challenge then perhaps this would do". Kurenai waved her hand once more but this time the force came from above, like gravity was increasing, but only on the cups, making even the slightest movement make them teater much more.

(Sorry for trhe delay missed your reply)
Saff Saff

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom