Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Stretching Legs

Kurenai looked once more at the Datapad in front of her, taking a small sip from the steaming cup as a low worried humm left her mouth. The brotherhood of Maw had been cutting a deep wound into the Galatic Alliance, getting as close at Tython with one of its spearheads, another while not as deep seemingly on a similar trajectory. One that could intercept with Atrisia given time, something that would not be very pleasant. "And here I thought I'd be able to sit back and have at least a few peaceful years".

Giving a small sigh the combat veteran put down her drink, stepped into the wide-open training yard attached to her estate, and donned simple but tough combat pants and a shirt, giving a few stretches to warm up. If war was to come here once more it would be best to prepare, heck, she might even put out feelers again for mercenary work, the force knows the GA is probably looking for anyone they can get their hands on, and considering Kurenai's past as a Lord Marshal for the CIS she wouldn't have been surprised if they had an eye on her.

The only problem limiting her training was the lack of a good sparring partner. While her husband and children were certainly no pushover, none of them were as versatile nor intense in hand-to-hand fighting. No, Kurenai needed someone like herself, someone tall and strong, able to take and throw out as much as they took back... perhaps it was time to open the Dojo once more and see what prospective students might be around. Kurenai turing around to pick up the datapad once more, putting up a small ad on the holo net spreading the word that she'd be taking in students to train once more, hopefully, that will catch someone's interest.

Saff Saff

It was a luxurious feeling to see your credit balance rise so high. One big bounty on a few cartel members and she was sitting pretty for quite some time. However, the one issue that provoked was she was no longer going to sit safely and happily on her last port of call. For one, the Maw had just taken it over, and two, the cartels were not pleased with her meddling. Thankfully, she was more than happy to skitter away to find her next problem or encounter.

As she sat aboard the Shadow, she couldn't help but muse to herself - Perhaps it is time to do some actual training.

Her constant bounty-hunting had seen her traveling all across the core worlds, but she had spent very little reason to employ her sabers. Her foes dealt in blasters and blades, never did she have to hunt another Jedi, Sith or something in between. The allure of credits had drawn her from the very purpose of her constant hunts - to improve. Thus, she tore away from her bank balance and stormed through her ship to one of the data terminals mounted by her room.

"Show me something worthwhile." Through a barrage of messages and bounty information she scrolled, searching for whatever she could find on Jedi or Sith trainers, it mattered little what they were, just that they weren't him. To her surprise, it didn't take long to find someone matching her needs, in fact, a whole damn dojo for the martial arts was seeking sparring partners. If there was ever a good reason to go to Atrisia, that was it. With a few course corrections and a light jump, she found her planet and then the dojo in question. Part of her wanted to land on the lawn of the place and just demand they meet her in combat then and there, but the more rational, respectful part of her towed her way to the spaceport.

With a little help from locals, she was soon at the foot of an imposing martial building, and a mote of awe formed in her chest.

Were you supposed to knock to enter a dojo or training hall?

Kurenai had finished her warm up and gone through a few basic combat drills, getting a feel for the varying weapons she had used during past conflicts Be it blade or blaster. It was like getting back on a bike after not riding it for a bit, while her skills needed sharpening Kurenai handled the weapons naturally an on instinct, but thrusting and slashing at thin air could only get one so far. "I think it's time for a small break".

The some putting down the glaive like weapon for the time being as she moved back to the stair, sitting down and taking a short breather. Though no sooner had the relaxing started did she sense a presence through the force, one getting closer, perhaps her had had been fruitful. It wasn't full light, a hint of wildness to it, perhaps a rouge force user not aligned to anyone? Would make sense as any official order could usually contact her though other means. "Well, this should be interesting".

Kurenai rising to her feet and moving to the front door, opening the thick if but old wooden door of the training yard that lead out onto the main street. Her gaze falling upon a red head who was just as imposing and tall, donned with an eye patch, somewhat ironic considering her first student had one as well. They were clearly capable from first look and force sensitive as well. Yes, this would do nicely.

Kurenai stepping forwards, hands behind her back while keeping a close eye on her.
"I can assume you are here from that ad"? Her tone while stoic was not overly stern, a constant hint of interest across her face while waiting for a reply.

Saff Saff

She hardly was done looking up in awe at the imposing structure before the doors opened as if by the will of the force alone. When she thought she hadn't more awe to provide, she found her lone eye drifting down to the woman standing firmly in the doorway, anxiety quickly turned to intrigue as her lips curled into a smile, and a laugh had to be forced down. She could see why the woman had to advertise for sparring partners, because who would ever ask to fight someone as big as her. Though, in fairness, she was no smaller than her counterpart.

With the same expression of barely hidden interest, Saffron mounted the steps, gloved hands fighting the urge to grab her sabers and get right into it.

"Oh, no, thought I'd do a pit stop, take in the sights. But now that you mention it, nothing quite acquaints you with a world like the thrill of a good fight..." It was difficult to maintain such false bravado as she mounted the steps, in all honesty, she didn't even know how she got her first words out with a straight face. Byt the time she'd crested the stairs, the act dropped and she let the sliver of a smile break into a wide grin. It was a rarity to see someone her size, let alone one willing to train.

"I saw your ad," Came the giggled response, her posture relaxing bit by bit, hands freely moving away from her blades as she extended one to the older woman, "and when i asked around, everyone seemed to say there was an old master up here worth fighting. I'm not usually one to go for strange rumours like that... but damn I'm glad I did."

Unlike her counterpart, Saffron's link to the force was utilitarian, she hadn't the connectivity to sense her counterpart, she considered it a shield, or a danger sense, it rarely did anything for her in the day-to-day. She didn't need it to tell the woman was an adept though, she had the air of someone who knew exactly as much as she needed to, and that tickled at Saffron's mind. This seemed like it would be exactly as good as she hoped.

A small deep chuckle escaped from Kurenai's lips as she heard the women's bravado talk, it wasn't offensive in anyway, actually and interesting take from students in the past, and considering the redhead's size it was something that could probably get away with almost anywhere. "Well, I can certainly say if you are looking for a traditional Atrisia duel you have come to the right place, though we might leave out the part were one of the participants has to die". It was somewhat a joke, but the tone left enough room for one to realise it wasn't all that.

As the women's, honestly humours act dropped Kurenai's smile widen some more, though she did roll eyes at the 'old master'part of things.
"Well, they are not wrong, I am quite 'old' though I would say still young for my people". "That being the case I am certainly a master, not on of those Jedi that will ask you to meditate for a day nor those Sith that will demand you bust a blood vessel getting angry". A bit of a stereotype but more of a way to tell the women training her would involve more 'practical' applications then mental ones.

"That being said, welcome to my estate, I am Kurenai Yumi, master at Arm". Herself shifting to a more polite tone as she gave the women a slight bow. "Come, let me show you inside and have a taste of what you know, get an idea of your skill level, but don';t hesitate to ask on if you are looking for something more specific". A hand waving the girl to follow.

Saff Saff

A girlish glee followed the large woman as she grinned along, listening to the strange woman. Her experiences with force masters were far from... plentiful, nor normal. However, something about her current prospect seemed overly welcoming, and not in a devious manner. Her guard dropped finally and she looped her thumbs through her belt's rings, offering a small bow before righting herself and following.

"First thing I've got to know. Is this type of estate normal for masters? The only one I ever really knew lived in more of a hut than a mansion." Saff began, a surprisingly smooth voice coming from the large woman as her eye drank in the details of the unique building. Sure she had a million questions and a thousand spikes of excitement about a real, honest duel, the type she had been craving for months.

"Oh and probably important. My name's Saffron. Nothing fancy for a surname, I'm just what you see." She spoke with a veritable buoyancy she thought she had lost. She wasn't hunting a bounty, so there was no possibility of death, and she was so far removed from where an enemy might seek her, that she cared little for the chance of reprisals today, for once in a long time, she was just in a blissful moment. Of course, that bliss came from the prospect of fighting.

Her estate? Well she was right it was unique for most masters of the force, though she wasn't affiliated with any order at the moment, nor was she apart of one when settling down here. "I suppose I am not your usual master, though living at this estate is rather new for me, spent most of my youth in a more nomadic life style as a mercenary. Only really settled down into this place when I got married.... though the royal family have certainly helped out a bit". She wouldn't say her relationship with the ruling family was that close but they were certainly acquainted.

As the door closed behind them Kurenai moved into the center of the yard, stretching her arms again, giving her first a small clench and neck a crack.
"Well, it's nice to meet you Saffron, I suppose if you want we can fight and talk,do some basic hand to hand sparing while you tell me what you know about the force and perhaps using melee weapons". Kurenai entered a basic martial arts stance, left hand and foot forwards a bit with right foot back for stability and right hand just behind her other. That is what she specialized in after all and what she intended to teach. While certainly capable of using blaster it wasn't really her strong suit unless it had a large ammo capacity.

Saff Saff

With her missing eye's brow perked, Saff stepped into the open floor space, admiring the courtyard with a whistle. This was far from any other master's abode she'd envisaged.

"You are friends with royalty? I can't say I'm surprised," she mused, stretching out her arms, letting the muscles lining them twist and creak with the motions of her body. No doubt she'd be sore later, so no point in not limbering up. Closing into the master Saff felt a spike of surprise when the woman assumed a stance so quickly. It showed on her face, both brows rising, but soon that surprise faded and glee broke out, her teeth showing as she danced back a few paces.

"You... I like you much more than my old master," she added lyrically, pausing with her own feet spread, keeping them diagonally apart while lifting her arms up, forearms parallel before her chest. A simple stance she'd picked up long after her training.

Not approaching yet, she continued to ease out some of the creaks in her neck,
"I imagine I'm what some might call a novice in the force. My training was more with sabers, something tells me my master wanted his own little army more than fully pledged Jedi knights. If i had to plot it on a scale of one to ten, my knowledge of the force sits at a three, my ability to use what i know probably sits at a five, and my knowledge of melee weapons? an eight?" A bit of vanity snuck in perhaps, but she was confident if she was anything.

Last edited:
Kurenai gave a small shrug at the notion of being friends with royalty. "It's a long story, a relationship that mainly came about due to the princess having connections with the Jedi and my children, it's a whole thing for another time". Even she herself didn't fully remember how things went but it was in the past now, all that mattered was the relationship they currently had. As of now, she had more imidate things to focus on, Kurenai's gaze moving over Saff and her stance.

"Well, let's hope I can keep that favor up". It appeared to be your usual boxing stance, simple but effective, giving protection to your upper body but leaving enough room to strike. Guess with such a stance it would be up to her to open things up and test Saffron's defensive abilities.

"Hmm I see, while training with a saber is useful it can only take you so far, being strong and skilled with the force is also just as important. You can use it in varying ways, for example increasing your speed and reaction time, skills that are useful for any weapons or situation". Kurenai made some note of it by shifting forwards, twisting her body a bit as if she was winding up for a straight punch with her right arm, though instead of throwing it out continued to pivot on her right left and bring her left up in a kicking motion aimed at Saff's hips.

Saff Saff

Like an eager student, she ate up what she was told. The story diluted in sentences, the advice spread thin and the promise of maintaining favour sharp. It flowed over her thoughts like a deluge, and her mind, like a dam held back what was said until she took one deep breath and cracked her stance. She could deny nothing of what Kurenai had said, these were the things her old master had drilled into her, and - as if acting from a manual - one arm dropped, fist clenched and forceful, cracking into the kick sent for her side. It wasn't an attack, nor a true strike, simply she put just as much power into matching the kick as the kick had sent for her.

Letting her stance fluctuate, she pivoted back, letting the force of the blow shift her balance and switching her dominant foot. Now she stood, the arm she just used to defend now hanging down by her side while the other remained firmly raised at chest level. Still, she kept her legs spread and her stance low.

She pondered a moment whether to counter, but a much giddier part of her overtook her thoughts. As she felt the rise of anticipation, she let it dissipate, a moment of access to the force could be intoxicating, so she let the energy dissipate and relaxed her posture.

"Indeed, swords and sabers are one thing, but the force is with you always. It's hard to say you're ever using another weapon more," she countered, her words moving with the gentle sway of her form, "Though i suppose there's no point in just talking about what i can do."

Tapping back into the force, like a stab of adrenaline, she let it wreathe her, and mimicking the intent if not the action of Kurenai, she lunged back in, her speed, already formidable due to her physique, greatly enhanced by the injection of the force. She hid nothing about her attack, striking out with her raised fist, delivering one sharp, powerful straight at her opponent, aimed square at her chest. Far from her most powerful strike, but enough that any common foe would be floored by an impact.

Saff took the blow well, an amused smile across Kurenai's face as she blocked it, putting equal force into it but still using the moment of the blow to pivot, keeping her pose stable and sure. This was a woman who could fight but more importantly, knew how to keep pace in a sparring match, the exhilaration and tension in the air being something she had missed in the peaceful day-to-day life.

Kurenai let her leg down from the blow, quickly returning to her stance, though mirroring it, now having her right side forwards as opposed to her left as her eyes continued to observe Saff's movements. "I certainly would be interested in seeing what you can do instead of words, after all, actions speak louder". Her hands doing the small beckoning motions at the redhead to see what they could throw back, heart pumping a bit faster as she started to get into the duel proper.

The sudden speed of Saff was intriguing, her body reacting as if it was a proper threat, Kurenai pulling the force into her own body, but instead of retaliating directly, she aimed for something different. As the punch came Kurenai made her hands open and go flat, trying to let her palm of them run over Saff's fist and down there before attempting to grip it, lowering her own center of gravity and attempting to perform a basic but efficient judo throw.

Saff Saff

The change was unexpected, but not truly surprising. Moving into her strike, she hardened her posture, setting her mass into the ground, and with a sharp breath, pushed the weight of the force down on herself, anchoring her weight twice over and in turn flattening her hand and snatching at Kurenai's forearm, gripping tightly and grinning ear to ear, a wild, merry glee melting any tension from her face.

With the two locked, she let herself breathe slightly,
"Grabs and throws were the first of the tricks i was taught. WHen you're this big, they train you to use it."

The two women locked with one another, arms clenching tightly, the wild grinning from Saff making her quite the interesting opponent to face. To get this much enjoyment from a fight, she must really have been looking for a master of equal standing. "Well then you have been taught well, but I think I should flex some of my power".

Kurenai's drawing the force into herself, left leg sliding forwards and around behind Saff's right leg, then with a burst of speed and strength thrusted herself forwards to attempt a simple leg trip on the red head.

Saff Saff

The expression held on the one-eyed woman's face as Kurenai swept away her leg. She didn't relent on her force push, instead letting herself slide back, but with surprising speed, she hoisted both legs, kicked out and steady alike, and threw them up, around the other woman's still locked arm. With a smile like a feral animal, she locked her powerful legs around the woman's arm and dropped, pulling the woman with her.

A grappler and someone who knew how to use their weight, certainly an opponent you wouldn't want to fight with a weapon less they disarm it. perhaps that would be the next thing to look into once they bout was over. Kurenai putting that thought to the back of her mind for later as she focused back on the fight.

As her body was wrenched back Kurenai pushed off the ground, letting her body be dragged down but getting more height in the process. Bringing her knee up to land on Saff's chest as the women pulled the two of them onto the floor. One that was thankfully a soft sand like ground, made specifically for tussles like this.

Saff Saff

Continuing their back and forth, Saffron felt a brimming glee. She'd not had a real fistfight for some time, and getting to do it in a spar with someone who clearly knew the proper ebb and flow of a brawl? That was liberating. With a grin, she took the woman down with her, and seeing the knee rise, she shifted her leg's grip, not relenting on her hold, she twisted on the ground, swinging the woman over her in a flip. A relatively harmless fall, aiming to ger her on her back, but it was the later arm-hold she had in mind that was the real stinger.

It was a rare thing to face someone as equally skilled as her in a grapple, and of course, someone their size would normally excel in such situations, but she was yet to figure out if either of them had the upper hand. Perhaps neither did, she licked her lips at the thought.

The two were locked in tightly, falling to the ground ins a scuffle. While not fancy or flashing it was arguably the most intense sort of fighting as it meant both parties were equally skilled that they have come to a stand still. It had been a while since she had fought someone that could match her in strength and skill when it came to unarmed combat.

Kurenai letting herself fall down and be flipped onto her back, but her opponent did Kurenai suddenly shifted her body to the side trying to pull Saff over and onto the ground to her side. It probably wouldn't do any damage but at this point getting domination in the grapple was king, not lading some decisive hit or blow.

Saff Saff

With the same girlish glee painted on her face, Saff rolled with the tumble, flipping with Kurenai's pull. She wasn't about to let herself lose the momentum, however, and gave her roll a bit of a push with her free arm, flipping back onto her side. It wasn't much, but she was now certain of something because of it. The woman was not about to lose her position in the grapple, and Saff wasn't about to gain ground in it.

With a spark of elation, she let her legs spring free of the hold and then released her grip on the woman's arm, rolling away. To ensure the grip on her own arm was broken, she slammed her heel down at Kurenai's wrist. Employing some of the flexibility one might not expect from someone so large.

If it wasn't clear to Saffron before, it was now. The woman was intriguing and worth being around a little longer. So long as she didn't try to kill her any time soon.

A pain of the women's knee slamming into her wrist shot up through Kurenai's arm as the grapple was let go. Herself losing grip as Saff moved in a way that was comparable to a gymnast, probably one of the advantages she had over, flexibility wasn't Kurenai's strong suit.

Though even if her arm being kneed down her now free body was allowed to work. Kurenai using her now other free hand to pivot on the ground and launch a wide sweeping kick, if not to hit at least clear the space between the two and give some breathing room.

Saff Saff

Now free of the Woman's grip, Saffron sprang back to avoid the sweeping kick, and then slowly she stood. A singsong giggle leaving her lips as she straightened up, dusted off her arms and sauntered back a handful of steps, leaving a comfortable distance between them as the dots of sweat about her forehead culminated into a droplet and scurried its way down her face. With a chuckle she dabbed it away with the back of her wrist.

"I had a good feeling about you, and i'm happy to see that feeling was rewarded. All i deal with are bounty hunters these days, no class, just a whole lot of tools." She spoke far slower and more calmly than her rapidly rising and falling chest would indicate. Though she had never had a clearer mind - without the fear of death, her entire being could focus on the fight. If she lost, so be it, but there was no fear of a cauterizing slice from a saber nor a sharp-edged vibroblade's cut. This was just a brawl, and that... that she loved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom