Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strengthening Oneself [Shadow]

The young girl continued on with the forging of the small blade before being halted.

After reheating the now glowing metal she began to shape it down carefully, ensuring each tapering blow was measured and precise, before settling it against the grindstone to sharpen the edge itself, sending jets of fiery orange sparks into the air and forcing her to suck in a breath to counteract the pain her eyes felt.

Then the girl sat down - a rare act considering her tendencies - and focused her care and attention on running an oil cloth along its length, ensuring each part was well tended to. Finally came the whetstone. I need to acquire both oilcloth and whetstone she deduced, and the level of care she showed the weapon suggested that she had genuinely enjoyed this lesson in forging.

[member="Darth Shadow"]

[member="Kära Vi'dreya"] [member="Kyra Sol"]

Shadow likewise had continued his progress, and his weapon was now complete.
Walking towards her he lifted her new blade into the air with the Force and examined it critically.
“Excellent. You learn quickly, girl. I will give you the designs and instructions for other weapons and items so you can improve your skills. The final step is to bind the weapon and make the hilt.”

He showed her how the hilt could be made with leather and cross-guards to protect the hands. He added no embellishment or artistic designs to it, it was a simple weapon.

“You have done well, girl. Tell your Master that I am pleased with your efforts. Should you desire more instruction, come to me.”

Kära seemed somewhat dumbfounded for a moment when the weapon was taken from her via the Force and lifted up into the air. In fact she went so far as to bristle slightly, before swallowing her pride; she had no right, after all, to try and stop him. "I... Yes, Lord Shadow" she whispered ever so slightly, before watching his instructions.

Finally came the creation of the hilt, which took quite some time to accomplish; it was more of an art form, she found, whereas the creation of the blade was far more precise. When she had finished she took the leather and bound it to the hilt. While she worked the young girl chewed on her lower lip.

"Thank you, My Lord," she said when he praised her work ethic. "I will be sure to seek you out again in the future." Rising fully from the ground the child inclined her head into a deep bow, ensuring her body followed suit. "Until next time, My Lord." She wasn't sure if he expected anything more from her for his teachings, but she figured he would say as much... Right?

[member="Darth Shadow"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom