Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strength, Honor, Courage, Intelligence (Group Training)

Veino cocked his head at the command, and gave a quick nod. It would be a good team then, except perhaps for having two empaths in close quarters in a stressful situation. Fortunately he couldn't broadcast. Hopefully @[member="Voroll Dey Astaar"] couldn't either. Things got really bad when that thing could happen. There were just so many rebounding emotions and amplifications. He paused a moment, but didn't put up a wall. @[member="Jared Starchaser"]'s confidence would be helpful.
The Admiral began the countdown. He tensed, leaning forward for the start, not particularly looking forward to it, but so be it. Metal must be heated and beaten before it can be used. He bounced a little on his feet, anxiety beginning to gnaw at him, but he took a long breath to let it disperse. Hopefully his team was ready.

There was a lot going on here. And Jared was going to do what he could to prove to everyone involved that he was the next minted Imperial Knight. His family had the Force, and his father was a Dark Jedi at one point or another. Now, he had no idea what his father was calling himself. Looking to @[member="Veino Garn "]and @[member="Voroll Dey Astaar"], the pilot nodded. “Of course.” He nodded to the latter. He didn’t really know these two, but still, that didn’t matter. They were unified in their purpose.

Great. What did @[member="Davin"] have planned? He probably didn’t want to know. Well, it couldn’t be that bad. Not like he was going to unleash a Sith Leviathan on them. That sort of thing was only in movies, wasn’t it? Taking a deep breath, he was listening to the Grand Admiral, but he was also reaching out to his little team of Cadets. They were going to have to win.

He had been working on the telepathy of the Force on his own, not anything serious yet, but still just enough to try to tap his fellow pilots. And here he could feel Voroll, a strong empathy. That could be useful in the fleet. Stage one was the beginning, huh? He didn’t know how the computer got to that. Right.

Get ready.

Right through the muck. He got down into a ready position, wanting to jump right into the first obstacle. He could overcome everything here. What he needed to do was get his team through. “Let’s get ready.” When the go mark was given, the pilot reached out to his teammates in the Force and made his way headlong into the first obstacle. Treading water, and watching for flak, this was typical pilot training.

He was going to have to watch out for the other teams. But he knew where to find the balance between the mission and the friend.

"If you cannot make it to the end, prevent others from doing so." Voroll liked the sound of that, especially when he had a strong feeling that he might not reach the end without at least one injury. If I can't win, no one can. It was a strong and stubborn frame of mind to slip into - even more-so if every action had been poised into completing a goal lile that.

He knew Jared was ready; he could feel confidence around him like a cloud of dense gas. It enveloped his being, and gave Voroll the boost he needed.
When the Grand Admiral commenced the excercise he was off, alongside his team and some of the others. He knew, in words, what was to come, but he couldn't help the indescrible turmoil at the back of his mind. It seemed like a mixture of dread and fear, but it did not rise. Hopefully the bloodied water and guts and organs floating atop it would fuel his need to get through it. To win.

@[member="Jared Starchaser"] @[member="Veino Garn "]@[member="Davin"] @[member="Astrian Callus"] @[member="Luke Beleren"] @[member="Xander Carrick"] @[member="Akodya Mune"]

Veino sprang forward, although a bit ungainly, at the start and dove into the cesspool ahead, flinching as he splashed into it, going beneath the contaminated liquid and popping back up, spluttering. He paused, treading water, and reached out with the Force to his team-mates. He splashed over towards @[member="Voroll Dey Astaar"] and @[member="Jared Starchaser"] and paused to catch his breath, reaching out to the Force and grabbing it like a metaphysical lifeline. He glanced over to them.
"Ready for this?" He wasn't, but he wasn't going to admit that. Not yet anyways. Unless someone else did, perhaps.

This was going to take some team work. He needed to remember that he could reach out to all of his abilities, and those of his teammates. This was the commander of a squadron in him thinking. Certain pilots were able to pull off certain maneuvers and others favored certain targets. It was getting the meld that was the tricky part. And not even the Force meld that his father was typically responsible for with Warbird Wing.

Once his team of @[member="Voroll Dey Astaar"] and @[member="Veino Garn "]was all together, he nodded. They could do this. And it was really about pacing themselves. This first phase was the learning phase. Getting to know his partners. He nodded. “We’ve got this. Don’t worry.” He let a crooked grin of confidence creep onto his features. “Lets get moving. One of you watch for the other teams, follow my lead.” Great, now he was taking point? Whatever.

Fleet didn’t only do the flying. Turning, he made to move forward, treading the muck and keeping his head down under the scatter fire. Yeah, thanks @[member="Davin"].

One of the first teams out into the Carcass Crossfire, Voroll and co. trudged their way through the bloodied water and entrails while attempting to circumvent all the fire from opposing sides. It was easier said than done, very much so. Although if it easier done than said, the entire training exercise would be relatively pointless and would render the Grand Admiral's expression of breaking almost all of the assembled moot.

In truth, the water and organs bothered did little to bother him; it was more the advance of the opposing teams that succeeded in that. As such Voroll fell to the back of the group without realising himself the position he put himself in.
The Force, like an ever-present, faithful companion, aided his continuing wade through the blood-red liquid, which he severely hoped did not consist of large parts of blood. As he carried on, dropping low to avoid a spray of lightly-charged bolts, his once-white boot caught the mud beneath him. Wet and dense, it snagged at him while he cautiously looked behind, pushing him to the floor. He fell with a splash and blood and mud made way for the slightly-sunken body.

A mixture of a loud groan and a shout, more noise than anything of substance, alerted the other two to his fall. His hands were limp, but stuck up by his arms, which had obviously not broke his fall. He squirmed around, trying to support himself and spit out the blood from his mouth.

@[member="Jared Starchaser"] @[member="Veino Garn "]@[member="Davin"] @[member="Astrian Callus"] @[member="Akodya Mune"] @[member="Luke Beleren"] @[member="Xander Carrick"]

As I dove under the surface of the water that was about knee deep, meant to slow people down alot, THe force push that was sent towards me was lessened as the water around me was pushed as well. Instead of flying back, I was pushed only a few feet off course. With him ahead and the other cadets catching up, I had to move. Luke was right next to me as I then shook my head. "Prepare to fly!" I yelled at him. Instead of using the force to simply push the man into an object, I grabbed the man's arm, swinging him around and then using the force push, accelerated him towards the second portion of the task.

Now I had to catch up. Running after him, I used my limited experience of Force Dash I jumped above the water and used the force to push myself across the rest of the water. Coming onto the pipes very fast. I landed on one, and with the momentum that I had, caused it to break and begin to fall. Jumping from the first pipe, to the next one, I was almost to Luke.

@[member="Astrian Callus"], @[member="Luke Beleren"], @[member="Davin"] @[member="Voroll Dey Astaar"], @[member="Jared Starchaser"]

@[member="Voroll Dey Astaar"] @[member="Jared Starchaser"]
Veino stopped and spun at the sound of Voroll's fall, and dove down to avoid some more blasts. "Jared!" He slogged back, crouching low, just above the waterline. He slowed to a stop, and grabbed one of Voroll's arms. He tugged, leaning back, and staggered as another Force push knocked him off balance. He stuck an arm out to balance himself, but nearly ended up falling into the muck as well. He staggered back up into place.

Jared wasn’t exactly keen on abandoning all his ability and using the Force. He was raised as a pilot and to serve as an operative. To trust his instincts, yes, but also to not be consumed by everything. At times, the best choices were those that he made on his own. And that was really one of the major lessons his father tried to pass on to him during his time aboard the Dawn Treader. Watching the other Cadets and Knights, he nodded. Let them use the Force the way they would, he had a team to get through, and he was going to make sure everyone got through,

While he was watching for gunfire, and being sure to avoid any Force push thrown his way, he still watched the other teams. He could grab out to the pipe that the one was on, the blond with the overzealous use of the Force and had started to concentrate on it as he heard his name. Shaking his head, and giving a strong yank on the pipe under @[member="Xander Carrick"], the cadet turned back to his team.

What had gone wrong?

Looking between @[member="Voroll Dey Astaar"] and @Veino Garn, Jared nodded. The ground team roles were definitely not the pilot’s forte, and he was okay with admitting that. He craved to be in the sky. But you can bet a whole wing of starfighters that he wasn’t going to leave a team behind. “You good, Garn?” He looked at the one who was staggering as he reached for Voroll in both the Force and physically, wanting to lift the other to his feet. “You good, Knights?” He looked to both of his team.

“We gotta go get that Force bug and his team, c’mon!”

He had been pulled up, both by @[member="Veino Garn "]and @[member="Jared Starchaser"] with help from the pairs' physical strengths and the latter's Force ability. The white armour of the Royal Stormtrooper Corps was now dark drown and red, patched mainly across his back, although spots and splatters of the colours were seen on his front as well. Definitely across his face and all in his hair. It may takes weeks to get rid of the blood-stains from both his bodyglove (which is black anyway) and his skin, he thought to himself while surveying the damage done.
"I good!" He shouted, slightly disorientated from the pulling and all that which continued on around them. Yet he didn't let that stop him. Even Jared's faltering confidence - if only for a second - didn't allow him to stop trying to run through the blood-soaked mud.
The Meld shared between the trio aided tremendously in connecting with the feelings and emotions of the other two. It helped Voroll pin-point certain emotions and when they stopped; something he had only ever done with those close to him. This certainly would be interesting.

Almost-ignorant behaviour lead him ahead of both Veino and Jared, to the forefront of the trio. Two groups had already passed him, a big brute of a Scarface and a Force Bug and friend; he did not want to let any others do the same. His affinity in the Force was minimal, to the extent where he did not know how to utilise the Force in any telekinetic manner. So, instead, he did what any Force-insensitive would do; throw mud. He tossed it towards the pair of groups at the end of the Crossfire, while trying to avoid the constant but non-lethal shots fired.

Veino gave a breathless nod to @[member="Jared Starchaser"] in response to his questions. "All good, yeah." He stood upright for a moment, and then dropped back down to a crouch as bolts zinged by. A small smile twitched at his lips as he saw @[member="Voroll Dey Astaar"] throwing mud. He could do that. Maybe even a little more effectively. He took a quick breath and closed his eyes, reaching out to the Force, sensing the particles in the water. Just like the metal spheres, except smaller. He lifted them up, letting them hover, before whipping them forward towards the teams ahead, though not at lethal speeds.

There realy wasn’t a problem here. The only trick was that the pair needed to start melding. And with the pair of empaths and Jared own mental process to know to reach out to others, it was just taking some time. He knew, from his fathers instruction, that the more you knew someone, the easier it was to connect. It was just taking time. They’d get there. The only issue he was feeling was that he didn’t know these comrades as much as he should.

Some Commander, huh?

With his companions surveying themselves, he nodded. “Lets get going then. We’re not that far behind!” He let a confident grin cross his features as the pair he was teamed with were starting to hurl mud. Wonderful.

Getting their attention, he made a motion to have them keep down. The pipes weren’t far, and Jared got to them, turning to his team. With a strong TK background he was going to have to be the ladder to get them up to the pipes. A sharp whistle, just falling into the whole not speaking manner of working together, and by reaching out to the Force, he wanted to show his plan.

He laced his fingers together and made a quick up motion. What distance he wasn’t able to lift his teammates to, and lets be real, he was a fighter pilot, not a soldier, he’d move them with the Force. Easy as lying.

@[member="Veino Garn "]@[member="Voroll Dey Astaar"]

Veino tilted his head at the hand-motion. Lift? Why not just jump and scramble up the rest. Unless not all of them could use the Force to jump higher than normal. He gave a quick nod and started slogging forward again, looking back. "Makes sense! Might have to jump it a ways to get close to the top." He stumbled, and splashed forward a little before hauling himself upwards, sending water splashing everywhere.

He slowed, watching the two of them walk by him towards a set of large pipes that formed a barrier. @[member="Astrian Callus"] and @[member="Xander Carrick"] had already made their way to this obstacle, but as far as he saw, their team mates had not. This was good, very good.

When @[member="Jared Starchaser"] made the hand gesture, Voroll nudged @[member="Veino Garn "]slightly forwards, so that he could be first. He was hardly aware of their affinity in the Force and what skills they possessed, but he wanted to get this over and done with.

Sure, they could jump up, but not everyone was a leaper. Still, they needed to catch up, and work together. They could surpass the rest if they stuck together. Looking as @[member="Veino Garn "]was climbing his way out of the pit, they were going to the pipes now. Finally. “What yourself on the way up, crossfire still.” Until they were fully out, wasn’t it?

Turning his attention back to @[member="Voroll Dey Astaar"] he nodded. “I’ll lift you up. I can push you with the Force the rest of the way. Garn, get ready to help him. Then get me up there?” He smirked as he facetiously asked. Obviously they were all going to need to get out of this hell pit.

What he wouldn't do for a fighter right about now.

Voroll's boot pushed against the interconnected fingers of @[member="Jared Starchaser"], but eventually the latter's strength surpassed the weight of the former and pushed him upwards and into the air. With the push he could almost reach a piece of rounded metal he supposed would be good for holding onto. Then he felt nothing. He just... glided upwards. But as he did, he realised that he was not going nearly as fast the push before. It was slower, much slower. He glanced down, with his arms still outstretched, and saw that the pilot below had his arms in a similar fashion. He must have used the Force.
Eventually the boy grabbed the rounded metal and managed to pull himself atop the pipe. With a spin and his body low (to avoid the incoming fire of energy) he turned around and held his hand out for the pilot to jump, or leap. He didn't quite know how this would now work, but it had to if they were going to slow down the others.

@[member="Veino Garn"]

Looking around, Luke saw cadets of all shapes and sizes rushing about, Xander close behind him. Reaching a hand back, he tried to grab his friend's hand and pull him forward. "Come on!", he shouted. He wanted to be the first to finish the first segment. Not that he wanted to use any weapons. In fact, he hated the prospect of using blasters or even swords. No, his only goal was to prove that he was more than he seemed. He wouldn't be the last one out, he'd be the victor. Also, he'd seen Xander with his Lightsabers before. If he could get a hold of them, the other challenges would fall like nothing.

@[member="Xander Carrick"] @[member="Davin"] @[member="Astrian Callus"] @[member="Voroll Dey Astaar"] @[member="Jared Starchaser"]

As i was running I could feel the pipe give way. Begin to fall and at the last second that I could, I jumped. I felt like flying. as I went across the gap grabbing a hold of luke's hand. I Pulled myself up with his help and nodded my head. I looked to see the other Cadets running in after us. I smiled as I ran fowards. I used the limited force I could, I grabbed the pipes that held @[member="Voroll Dey Astaar"], @[member="Jared Starchaser"], and @Veino Garn. And yanked them up into the air. Instead of just pushing them down, I pulled them up for the purpose of scaring the crap out of them, and possibly scare them enough to make them "freeze"

I was taxing on my powers, Even then, I started to trot forwards and try to finish this.
@[member="Luke Beleren"]

A warning flashed through Veino's mind and he twisted in mid-air as the pipe shot upwards towards him. That was really unexpected. Especially since it seemed to come from @[member="Xander Carrick"]. That was very impressive. Unfortunately, he didn't have a place to land now and was falling towards the ground. He wrapped an arm around another pillar and swung his body around to wrap around it. He paused to catch his breath, and then started pulling himself back up.

The pipe began to wobble, although with an arm outstretched to pull up @[member="Jared Starchaser"] it seemed only normal, until it broke from its casing, from the rest of the pipe and flew into the air. As soon as the metal started to dent and morph from the strength in the Force, Voroll clung to it like a baby to a blanket. @[member="Xander Carrick"]'s trick had worked, it did shock him into freezing. Quite literally on the pipe. His legs wrapped as much as possible around the hollow metal stick, that, was almost two Vorolls in width. His eyes closed and words spat from his mouth while mid-air
"DRRUUUUUK!"

@[member="Veino Garn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom