Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Street Performers, And Clones

Aleksandr Kepsi

A
Dromund Kaas. Now that's a planet Aleksandr never imagined visiting. Once, a Sith capital, now just a planet in the hands of the Ashlan Crusade. He almost wanted to cry, the planet's downfall must have been a real tragedy to some. To him, no, it was a planet to make money on.

"Now," Alek's hand came out of the robe's sleeves, holding a deck of pazaak cards, "I'm going to do a little trick." He smiled from the darkness of his hood.

Some of the patrons of the bar looked up at him, seeing that this robed stranger had made himself the center of attention. "A trick?" one asked.

Alek snapped his fingers, pointing at the man. "That's right! A magic trick." his smile grew wider.

As to be expected, many of the patrons looked away from the man immediately. Some snickered about the strange robed figure. A few were actually interested.

"Sure thing, show us a magic trick!" a rather burly man spouted from the corner of the bar.

Alek clicked his tongue. "What's wrong sir? Don't believe in magic?"

He laughed, a few others did too. "That's not it, friend, you see... We've seen magic, the Crusade's made sure of that."

"Oh, you speak of their knights? I will admit, they are a formidable force. But I can assure you, my tricks are far more entertaining."

That sentence got a lot more attention. People were turning to him now, watching, waiting. With a sly smile, unseen in his maroon-colored hood, he held the deck of cards out flat on his palm. With a gesture of his free hand, a single card rose from the deck. People watched in amazement, as the card spun in place, hanging in the air. Then, a crackle, a spark, the card was reduced to mere ashes. People shouted, yelled, cheered, some were terrified.

"Wasn't that entertaining?" Alek asked, smiling wider.

Street Performers and Clones

Tags: Aleksandr Kepsi

Harmony had never been drinking before in her life. She didn't have a single flash memory of the experience, nor could she recall what the taste of alcohol was like. Needless to say, after trying several different brews, she was not a fan of anything thus far. She feared she might never be. Regardless, there was a funny man that seemed to be entertaining the bar guests, and Harmony set herself on watching the show like everyone else. The man's banter was somewhat amusing, but she was more interested in the 'magic' the man was producing. Her eyes widened as she watched the trick, her mouth forming the quiet words that her religion had beat into her with reverence. 'Jedi'.

Seemingly entranced by what she was seeing, Harmony nearly knocked her mug off the bar top, but managed to salvage the situation before it turned into a possible fist fight. Collecting herself, she pondered on what to do next. Should she dare approach one of Ashla's chosen, or merely leave him be?

Master Grrr was a jedi and she was very nice, but Master Grrr also said not all jedi were alike. She frowned, lip sticking out in deep thought as she pondered what she was to do.

Aleksandr Kepsi

A
Alek's eyes scanned the small crowd as they hollered in amazement, many wanting him to continue. He smiled, much wider. Looks like he was going to be making a lot of money off this one. As he looked over the bar patrons, he noticed an individual who stuck out like a sore thumb, a blonde girl. She looked young, younger than him. That was strange, considering her attire. He chuckled, smugly, as she knocked over her mug.

He turned his attention back to the immediate crowd in front of him. "Now, here's an idea," he said, in a pompous, sing-song voice, "How about a song?"

That seemed to rile them up. With another wave of his hand, the deck of cards flew from his other. They came to a nearby empty table, then began dancing.

Aleksandr cleared his voice. "Oh- crusaders, crusaders," he began, slowly, "What have you done?"

"A thousand planets more, could it mend the sores? the flashing lights, the brilliant fights, you're knights are breathing bores."

That line got a few chuckles out of the people, and a few claps.

"Crusaders, crusaders, could it be more glum? I've been here only three months, and I feel a must depart. You make me want to eat my hands, oh please, don't make me start."

"Ashlan crusader, oh, Ashlan crusader!"
His voice soared. "I can't begin to tell, I haven't seen such poor sods, since my time in the core."

"Maybe I'm being mean, I've been known to cause a fuss. But I won't stop singing, until the towers rust!"

He bowed to the crowd, cheers and clapping rang out through the cantina. When he looked up, his eyes caught that blonde girl again, he smiled and gave a small wave. Maybe it was time to get a drink.

Harmony Harmony

Street Performers and Clones

Tags: Aleksandr Kepsi

The man's curious gaze found her, and Harmony used her best stealth training to duck under the counter until the stranger's eyes left her. In the wake however, she found a sense of sadness take her as she heard the man's song, and thoughts of her fallen sisters soon took from as the man's song sparked at the deeply embedded sorrows within the woman. Her sisters had fought and bleed for the good of others, and this was how they would be remembered? Humorless sods who held no life to them? She might have verbally rejected such things, but in a way it was true.

She had no mother, no father, and nothing to call home. There were her sisters, and there was the faith of Ashla, but nothing else. Indeed, it wasn't a pleasant life to be a strain cast, though she doubted anyone would care enough to listen to her plight. She hardly could discuss it with her sisters, perhaps because it bothered them as well.

Sister Mercy was the eldest of her sisters, and Mercy was only a year older than her; though so much of life was already missing. They learned to fight, kill, and sometimes protect. Even the memories that she had were not he own, and the ones she had created in their steed were lacking compared to that of other living beings. As the crowds clapped in amusement of the man's song, Harmony drowned herself in the sorrowful reflection of her mug.

It was only the faint wave of the stranger that caught her attention, but her mood had dampened considerably. "Ah, hello, erm. It must be difficult, entertaining the masses." She remarked, realization prompted her to tuck her rosary into her the front of her shirt, hoping the man hadn't seen it.

Aleksandr Kepsi

A
Alek chuckled at her statement, sliding onto the stool next to Harmony Harmony , his eyes glinting from underneath his red hood. For better or for worse, he had not seen the rosary, despite his usual perceptive nature.

"It depends, sometimes, yes. Others? No, it can be relatively easy." he grabbed the fringes of his hood, pulling it back to reveal his full face. He should have taken better care of himself, he looked kind of scuffed. But then again, he had no intention of directly talking to anyone today.

He looked at her again, for what, the third time? He studied her with a lot more effort this time, trying to pinpoint her nature. His overwhelming smile lessened, becoming a quaint grin.

"Have we met before? I could've sworn that I've seen your face somewhere." He said, softly.

Had he seen her before? Maybe on the holonet? She looked well-taken care of. He grinned a bit wider. If that were true, then perhaps he could charm some money out of her, for a... good performance. He huffed in amusement.

Yes, he liked the sound of that. But wait, he was getting ahead of himself. There was a chance she wasn't wealthy at all, maybe she just took care of herself?

Nah, she was probably wealthy. In that case, it was time to work a bit more
magic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom