Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stranger Things

Can we take a minute to talk about this absolute masterpiece of a show? I mean, whoa. I had my doubts. I put off watching it - thought it was a silly fad. Sat down to watch it on a rainy day, and marathoned the whole thing. I'm absolutely addicted. I love everything about it, from the story, to the acting, to the music, to the style. It makes me want to write some epic tale!

Has anyone else watched it?

Did anyone else see themselves in Dustin?

tumblr_oawjqdMmP61qlr5yqo3_250.gif

tumblr_ob4d9mgVOL1s3sirmo2_540.gif

I really liked the music as well! The soundtrack just came out and I was thinking about buying it.
Personally I thought the writing was the best part. I absolutely lost it when-
When Steve went to find them to apologize and walks in to see Jonathan holding a bat with spikes all over it and after their little argument, Nancy pulls a gun out and he goes "WHAT?!"
I mean, I don't know why but I cried laughing.
I also liked the shows take on the 'spirit world'. Or as the show calls it the upside down. As a spiritualist myself it was nice to see the detail put into it. I mean it's not accurate to the real astral realm but it was really interesting. I hope for season two they explore the more supernatural- like spirits and stuff like that. It would be cool to see them go twilight zone in my opinion.

Illya von Klein said:
I really liked the music as well! The soundtrack just came out and I was thinking about buying it.
Personally I thought the writing was the best part. I absolutely lost it when-
When Steve went to find them to apologize and walks in to see Jonathan holding a bat with spikes all over it and after their little argument, Nancy pulls a gun out and he goes "WHAT?!"
I mean, I don't know why but I cried laughing.
I also liked the shows take on the 'spirit world'. Or as the show calls it the upside down. As a spiritualist myself it was nice to see the detail put into it. I mean it's not accurate to the real astral realm but it was really interesting. I hope for season two they explore the more supernatural- like spirits and stuff like that. It would be cool to see them go twilight zone in my opinion.
Agreed!
I thought it was so neat when the Sheriff and Will's mom were mirroring what Jonathan, Steve, and Nancy were doing, but in the upside down. Watching the lights follow them gave me all sorts of wonderful shivers.

[member="Shelbeth"]

Yeah I credit the good writing on that. And I don't know why but I really liked the teens. Like I wouldn't expect myself to but their arc was cool and I think they grew the most.
When Jonathan fought Steve I thought that was really epic. I know it was cliche especially when there was much cooler stuff happening but seriously, Jonathan beat the crap outta Steve!
Who was your favorite character?

[member="Illya von Klein"]

I really liked the teens too! Which impressed me, because I didn't think I would. And it took me a while to warm up to Nancy - I generally don't care for characters like that, especially after what she did to Barb. I did like Barb, because I saw a lot of myself in her. I also actually liked the romances in the show! I didn't love Steve/Nancy (I was a sucker for Jonathan), but it didn't pain me to watch them. And I actually found the middle-school relationship between Mike and Eleven pretty heartwarming. But favorite character is a tough one. I really loved the science teacher. As a middle school teacher myself, his love for the students and his willingness to answer all of their questions really made me happy. I also really liked the Sheriff, as a character. He was very go-gettum, which is refreshing to see. I liked watching his history with his girl unfold. But my favorite favorite is probably Dustin. He was the comedic relief, but he was also a very solid, mediator-style character. And I always like those best. What about you?

[member="Shelbeth"]

I liked Dustin too, he was really clever too. I like smart characters. The teacher was great, and that's really cool you teach middle school! I intern with a elementary school teacher so I kind of know the feeling of having kids that just really inspire you to act as a role model. I loved the acrobat and the flea episode. The analogy was good too. My favorite though has to be Jonathan. He reminded me of myself a lot. He was intelligent and I like the quote he said "Pictures say more than words." And that whole scene turned me onto him. Plus he stands up for his own and loves animals. Which is cute. Remember the rabbit his dad made him kill? Yeah just subtle characterizing that I liked.

This is a perfect show. I have no criticisms. I have nothing to say but that it is perfect. I don't know if I want more or not, but I'll happily absorb whatever else they throw at me.

[member="Jorj Kell"], i found myself thinking the same thing. It ended so well. I'd be content if they didn't continue, but I've heard that there are plans to do so. I don't think it has been renewed, but the creators are talking about their plans.

Apparently, they'd like to keep the same core group, and give them different problems to work through. They also promised justice for Barb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom