Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stranger Things Have Happened

Verd Skirata

Fancy flyin' and good fightin' make for a good day
Verd Skirata has been looking for Tmoxin for a long time. The last thing he remembered about her was trying to help her was trying to keep her from being hunted down by bounty hunters. He knew he had given her another secure comlink with an intergalactic tracker in it, meaning he should theoretically be able to figure out where she was if he needed to, but for now he was just tired of all the crap that had been going on and decided to stop by a newer, yet from what he had heard top tier pharmaceutical company that was located in Tipoca City on Kamino. He needed to get some more anisthetic and painkillers for his arm as well as a healing agent, either Kolto or Bacta to help his arm heal from the recent surgery. He couldn't stand waiting much longer to use it fully, but as annoying as it was it was a delicate piece of work that he dare not risk damaging. He flew his personal Starship The Jurkad Gra'avagr A Beskaad-Class Patrolship that had gotten him through many a tight situation. He requested landing permisions from Tipoca City Air-traffic Control, and landed a short distance from Morpho Pharmaceuticals headquarters. He didn't know why he had really been drawn here, because he could have easily gone to another more major company to get these supplies shipped to him even. However, he felt like he just had to come to this place for some reason. Regaurdless, he put his helmet on, and walked out into the downpour of the constant Kamino rain. Upon entering the shop he saw a poster advertising Morpho, not unusual, except for the fact that [member="Tmoxin Temi"]'s face was on the poster, like she was the owner of the company. He walked up to the droid at the counter and asked the droid if there was a Tmoxin Temi working for the company, and after recieving the affirmative, he asked if the droid could let her know there was a man named Prudii that would like to speak to her.

"Someone named Prudii is here to see you,” said Beluah, through an intercom into Tmoxin’s Morpho office on Kamino.

Prudii. Now there was a name she had not heard in awhile.

Her assistant’s voice punctured the cloud of her thoughts. “Miss Temi?”

“Yes, have him wait in the lobby. Call security to bring my Mirari Droids around.”

"Right away."

Tmoxin Temi stood from her office chair and straightened her knee-length skirt. The name Prudii brought back so many memories, mainly ones of her home planet of Hapes and of her brother with whom she was estranged. The last time she saw Prudii, was in a speeder taxi as she dashed off to the Coruscant Tourist Center to purchase slaves, specifically a decoy so she would be able to evade her bounty hunters. Of course, the Mandalorian pledged to protect her, yet like a Coruscant borrat, she ran away from him. At the time she hadn’t wanted to owe anyone any favors. Her pride had decided her fate, and if she died at the hands of a bounty hunter on her own, so be it.

But here she was.

Exiting the elevator, Tmoxin came out into the lobby, and two droids approached and immediately flanked her. Prudii would remember those droids from when he saw her last in her Coruscant apartment.

“You still have that blasted commlink, don’t you?” she asked, assuming that was how he found her. Anxiety prickled under her skin, but there was no reason to be afraid. It had been months since her Red Ravens bounty, and it had since then been rescinded. She was also back in the good graces of the One Sith.
Right now, it appeared that Tmoxin had no enemies, which was rather unusual for the Hapan executive.

So then why was Prudii here?

“Hello, friend,” she said in a warmer tone than her original greeting. She supposed she shouldn’t be so rude to someone who had saved her life, not once but twice.

[member="Verd Skirata"]

Verd Skirata

Verd Looked up to See [member="Tmoxin Temi"] walking through the door and quickly stood up to greet her. "Well, yes I do have it, But to be 100% honest this was just a chance meeting." Verd replied. "And hello Tmoxin, It is good to see you." Verd paused to compose his words. "So tell me about your new business venture." Verd said smiling under his helmet, maybe she would notice his cybernetic arm, or maybe she wouldn't, but it didn't matter, it wasn't that noticeable, except for the fact that his hand didn't have a gauntlet on it. The silver shine of Phrik Was his new limb and he had to get used to it being the new normal. He had really just come to see what Morpho could help him gain in medical supplies to aid in his recovery. He didn't even hold it against her that she left him waiting for almost an hour, at which point he was found by the coruscant police, and led them away from the building she went into as best he could. He barely made it off planet on the ship he had arranged for. After Tmoxin finished telling him about the company, he smiled and asked If they had any medications to aid in the healing after recieving a prosthetic limb.

"Nothing is chance, Prudii," she said, a nearly imperceptible smile coming to her lips. "But I believe if it's not fate, than it's the Force at work. Or vice versa."

She titled her head and explained: "Morpho Pharmaceuticals specializes in health and wellness products. Drugs, obviously, but also bio-technology. We have even made an energy drink to sell at the Morpho Sports Complex on nearby Lok."

Tmoxin did notice his arm at last, and the Mando asked about medicine.

"Of course," she said. "This is the corporate headquarters and not manufacturing but there are some supplies around here. I could also have a scientist look at that if you need a tune up." She wasn't sure if it was a biological implant or a cybernetic but Morpho could do something about it just the same.

The droids shifted, their armaments making that distinct clacking noise that he had heard on other occasions.

"We just need to take the elevator up to the top floor," she said, walking over and pressing the button for sector seven.

[member="Verd Skirata"]

Verd Skirata

"All business Tmoxin?" Verd smiled. He knew that she was an incredibly busy woman, and it showed by the most professional looking business she had running here. "Wait I realized you mentioned the force?" Verd asked. He was stunned and intrigued that she accepted it and didn't seem at all opposed to the idea. "last time we met I thought you didn't like the use of the force and especially not Jedi or Sith beings." He followed her to the elevator. It was going to be a slightly tight fit with her bodyguard droids, but not too tight. Besides he wasn't the claustrophobic type. "I don't neccesarily need a tuneup, but I do need it to heal faster, I am tired of not being able to use it to the fullest of it's ability." He stated, walking into the elevator as [member="Tmoxin Temi"] pushed the button for the top floor.

In the elevator, she irritably waved her hands for the droids to stand back as far as they could.

"By the maker, do they have to crowd us so?" Tmoxin complained. "You would think they would have built-in sensors to know when they are invading personal space."

The elevator lifted and a gentle hum could be heard as it made its way to the top floor. Once it opened, they made their way to a bank of research labs. Tmoxin didn't go inside yet. She had a few things to ask the Mandalorian before allowing him into the lab.

"Prudii, you know me too well. I'm always all business. But I owe you a favor... besides the medicine. Are you sure you haven't come here for anything else?"

She pulled out her datapad and showed him what looked to be a contract. "Also I need you to sign this Non-Disclosure Agreement indicating that you will not tell anyone a single word about what you see in this research labs." She tried to give him a softer look in case he became worried she was up to no good. "Don't worry, nothing sinister is going on in there, but I can't have someone stealing my trade secrets. Once we're inside and you're being examined, I'll tell you about how I came to use the Force."

[member="Verd Skirata"]

Verd Skirata

Verd smiled as she motioned the droids to make more room for them, and listened as she commented on what he said. "I haven't come here about any bounty, so not that I know of. Actually I am rather surprised to have met you here." Verd said taking off his helmet and clipping it to the hook on his utility belt. He smiled and continued "I actually didn't know you owned this company. Something told me that I should check this place out before I went anywhere else." He paused thinking about what he had said and realized that what he said made the incredible coincidence of them meeting seem like destiny or something.

"You don't owe me anything. I just came to help a friend out of a tough situation. You seem to have gotten out of the situation alive and well, even without the full amount of help I was prepared to give you." He looked at her and smiled. The fact that she did what she needed to do to take care of herself against all odds told him something about her tenacity.

"I honestly don't know why you people even make these disclosure agreements anyhow, they never really do anything and don't carry any authority over how the sentient species of the galaxy refrain from speaking about stuff like this." He leaned over and signed the piece of flimsi that had been placed before him.

After the document had been looked over and accepted, He followed [member="Tmoxin Temi"] into the wonderful world of Morpho saying, "You can call me Verd you know" as he walked through the doors.

"Thank you, Verd," she said. "For your information, there was an assassin in this very building recently. He targeted my lead researcher and I regret to say that Dr. Oovan did not survive." She looked at him, not with a glare, but a subtle frown. "I have a reason to be paranoid."

With slender, manicured fingers, Tmoxin pressed in the security sequence, and the door opened with a hiss. They entered the laboratory, and a Kaminoan doctor in a white coat came over to the two of them. The alien researcher pointed to a chair where the Mandalorian could sit while he asked him a series of medical questions.

The Hapan executive had questions of her own and business on her mind (as usual). "Verd, who do you work for? Are you a lone wolf or are you paid by an organization?" she asked. She wanted to catch up with her friend, but always the most ambitious of the Temi family, she thought perhaps she could secure a lucrative contract between Morpho Pharmaceuticals and [member="Verd Skirata"] as well.

Verd Skirata

Verd frowned at the fact that there had been an assasin here, but to be fair he had counted numerous holes in the security of the building in just the short stroll he had taken on his way in. "Yeah I guess you do have that right." Verd said softly. He sat down in the chair indicated by the kaminoan and answered the questions thrown at him. His clan had a history with the Kaminoans and he hoped this fact didn't offend these people any more. When he heard Tmoxin's question he shrugged, "I guess right now you could say I'm the lone wolf type. Though I team up with people from time to time." he smiled, "But only if it suits my interests." He took some time to think about all of the seemingly odd jobs that he had that had suprisingly paid very well. The best paying job was his trip to collect Ysalamiri for the beast hunter's guild. He had also captured some of the native Vornskr when a pack had attacked, in case he ever needed them. He did leave his strill in his ship. She was the smartest beast he knew of, without being sentient.

"So tell me, Im curious as to how you came to accept, much less use the force."
[member="Tmoxin Temi"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom