Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storyteller tag

Perhaps this seems a bit redundant since it's in the name but a few factions have their own sort of 'storyteller' accounts that are OOC in most regards, and just there to add flavour and context to storytelling, events, campaigns, and such.

So I was thinking it might be cool to have a tag for these to further distinguish them from regular characters. I know there are a few similar accounts such as the Red Ravens Storyteller, Mythosuar Muse, and Spirit of the Empire

I understand that such suggestions only get realized if there's a great enough request for such things. So if there's anyone else with a storyteller sub-account feel free to show interest in this tag. Or anyone for that matter.

While I like the idea, the logistics of it are what deem it implausible in my mind.

As you stated, there are three of such accounts on the board at the moment. If I recall correctly, adding a new tag to the site is no small process and it would essentially be a burden on the administration to expend that much work for three accounts.

If anything, I'd be happy to put together a storyteller rank title that we can display in our signatures but I don't think that one should be added to the system. It just strikes me as more work for the administration's plate for three accounts.

[member="The Primeval Storyteller"]
You wouldn't be able to add a replacement for 'character' or writer' as they reference far too much on the back end.

Why not just have a signature tag? That's something which is both more achievable, and more customisable.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Oh so the tags are set with the user-group? I had always assumed the writer/character tags were defaulted and changed just as easily as the two auxiliary tags with no regard as to account permissions.

[member="The Primeval Storyteller"]
No, Writer, Character, Founder and the staff tags are much more than the secondary tags.

Even adding in Founder at the start was annoying for Tef, I recall, but since we were much smaller it was less of an issue.

So sig tags are your best bet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom