Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stormtrooper Tags

Yes or no?

• Yes.

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • No.

Votes: 12 48.0%

• Total voters

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

"It's all been bloody marvellous..."
Hello people, I am Carlyle Rausgeber, and I have a suggestion.
I realise that it’s probably not kosher to ask for tags, but I am going to put a case forward for everyone's favourite expendables, Stormtroopers.

While other tags may be accused of being "niche", [See the Knights of Ren bid], Stormtroopers have been the bread and butter of this franchise since its inception.

There is also the fact that Stormtroopers aren't a First Order exclusive group. The Imperial Remnant, and other organisations based on the classical Galactic Empire and those who wish to don the armour all deserve recognition. I realise it's a pretty small thing, but I figured that stormies deserve it, considering their pitiful life span.

Personally? Too many tags as is, some of them not making sense to be there in the first place. I'd be in the likely severe minority that says we could stand to lose a few and be fine (much as I like Witches, they don't need their own tag, 'Rogue' works fine, no need for 'conqueror' and the like)

This weird rash/influx of requests for them is making up for the lack of snow I had this holiday though.

Tanomas Graf

T
[member="Darth Vitium"] | [member="Carlyle Rausgeber"]

Clone is just that, a clone. It has nothing to do with stormtroopers at all. But on the other hand, Soldier fits this perfectly.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, generalized titles should be the norm instead of necessitating the creation of niche titles, which can just be put in a sig. (By generalized I mean like how all stormtroopers are soldiers but not all soldiers are stormtroopers.)

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

"It's all been bloody marvellous..."
[member="Darth Vitium"]

You raise a good point, however in my personal case, clone doesn't work.The First Order uses enlisted men, and doesn't grow them.

The soldier thing is a little, too, well, generic for my taste. Nearly every second character which isn't a Force user is a soldier or another. It's accessible by everyone, Mandolorian's, rebels, bounty hunters. Any riff raff can call themselves a soldier.

To add Stormtroopers as their own tag would act as a form of distinction. To see it would show that this individual isn't some barbarian from Mandalore, or democratic idealist with a rifle. This is a character instilled with the discipline, a shiny set of armour and a vision to see a new order to the Galaxy.

That, and a sort of nostalgia. Stormtroopers have been a huge part of the Star Wars series in both Legends, and canon. This may be the fanboy coming out, but they're more than soldiers. They're troopers. Stormtroopers. I think that they deserve their own place.

Though, you're probably right [member="Tanomas Graf"], maybe I am just acting like a special snowflake.

The tags are broad descriptions covering a variety of roles. Were we to break things down to the furthest abstraction we would end up with dozens of tags which never got used, as once happened.

But, I'm prepared to be convinced. If each active character (one per writer) who would use this tag posts here I will assess it with the staff team. I want to see how many would actually use it.

It would help if you had one or more tags ready to go to show me.

I cannot guarantee a positive result for you, but if you have the writers who want it, we will consider it.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Valiens Nantaris said:
If each active character (one per writer) who would use this tag posts here I will assess it with the staff team. I want to see how many would actually use it.
And so it begins again... :p

[member="Valiens Nantaris"] Yes please. Been waiting for this tag for a long, long time.

This is only my newest Stormtrooper character, but it's the one I'd use it with.

Skylar Walker

Knight of Ren/First Order Badass
It's not a bad idea. After all there are quite a few people who have stormtrooper characters. I think the tags should have the rank of trooper, including ones that say former or present trooper. That way for those who are troopers can get the tags they want and they get their fair share of the tags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom