Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storming The Stormtroopers

ImperialOutpostLok-SWGMB.jpg

Old Imperial Outpost
Lok, Karthakk System

Connor Harrison and his Padawan, Syala Daivik, were taking their first steps away from Voss as Master and Apprentice to explore the threat that plagued the galaxy.

While not in Silver Jedi space, actually far more South than that, the reports of suspicious Imperial activity on the planet Lok had come to his attention from the Rangers in his Silver Jedi Temple.

Back in the day of the Galactic Empire under the rule of Emperor Palpatine, the Imperial strongholds were dotted across the galaxy on quiet planets where they could operate and strengthen their grip on systems that would fall to their regime. Now, the players were different in the battle across the galaxy, but nothing could be ignored.

Connor's personal E-Wing rested atop a sand dune by a small moisture farm, a thankful exchange of words with the farmer and a handful of credits would help keep his presence on the planet quiet. No Jedi markings, nothing. Just a personal ship.

Turning back to his Padawan, dressed suitably for a planet not unlike Tatooine a few clicks away, Connor wore his armor minus a few plates so he didn't overheat. Far in the distance, the ominous building that was the Imperial Center looked devoid of life. A steel tomb housing who knew what - lost secrets, hidden weaponry, the shells of warlords long forgotten? Connor bristled with the excitement of what they could find

He glanced at his Padawan, wondering what she was thinking for her first mission away form the safety of training grounds and other Masters. Here it was just the two of them.

"Well?"

[member="Syala Daivik"] | [member="Tmoxin Temi"]

When Commander Temi of the Blood Monarchs first arrived on the abandoned Imperial Outpost on the Outer Rim planet of Lok, she knew how daunting the task would be to rehabilitate it back into viable shape. But the beauty of the Imperial Inquisition's thirst for conquering planets, combined with increased funding coming in through a variety of new sources, made her assignment less formidable. Plus, I have the experience to do this, she thought despite the barracks chatter, which of course she always found out about, that she was an inexperienced Commander with one major skirmish under her shiny, black Imperial belt.

Ignore the naysayers, she would think to herself when rival eyes rolled in her presence. During her time in the Red Ravens, she had taken an abandoned prison on the moon of Syvris and swiftly turned it into a state-of-the-art detention and interrogation facility. Camp Raven would also be the origin of why she eventually left that criminal organization but she couldn't dwell on that now.

At week five the Outpost began to take shape and all facilities were finally operational. The wiring was complete, satellites in orbit, rats and sulfur slugs removed and droid and turret defense in place, including some original weather-beaten DF.9s which had been there since the Yuuzhan Vong War and were repaired and refurbished.
In fact the facility was in such good shape now that the Commander felt she could take a break from the installation of the military laboratory where experiments with bio-terrorism materials would take place and begin some training exercises with the Monarchs. Before they moved out for the war games today, she briefed Sergeant-Major Ulysses on her plans:

"I'm taking the Monarchs to the Labyrinth. We'll have droids scattered around the Great Maze of Lok. The troops will then infilitarate the maze, eliminate all resistance and then scale the Old Great Wall, finally making their way to the Base of Mount Chaolt where they will eliminate resistance there and take up anti-fighter positions with missile launchers."

Major Ulysses said, "Good plan, Commander."

Along with Sergeant-Major, Tmoxin Temi would be accompanied by [member="Akuma"], a Sith acolyte who was stationed along with the Commander for extra protection. With her gloved hand she tapped the side of the personnel speeder and it moved out, followed by the speeder. Instead of riding with her platoon, Commander Temi, the Major and Akuma would ride in the the cargo speeder, along with the training droids and live munitions. But for some reason the cargo speeder wouldn't start. At the behest of the Major, two frantic mechanics came out from the Outpost and began to inspect what could be wrong with their transport. Tmoxin cursed under her breath, as the Monarchs sped off to the training location without her.

[member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Syala Daivik"]

In Syala's mind, Lok was the complete opposite of Voss, and she wasn't really wrong. Where Voss was rich with both flora and fauna of all sorts, a green world, Lok was arid and dry, comprised of mostly desert with no visible plant life. And those were just the environmental factors. When one added the fact that Voss housed the Silver Jedi where Lok was supposedly home to a greater Imperial power, the divide only ran that much wider and deeper. Had she been in any other scenario she would have had more time to appreciate the irony, but at the moment that sort of humor was lost on her. She, along with her Master, was there on a mission.

They were there because of one simple reason: the building in the distance. Well, it wasn't quite so simple as that. The building wasn't just another steel edifice that housed this or that important information. It was an Imperial stronghold, to their knowledge, and so far that proved to be true. From what she knew this was to be an exploration of sorts, and they were on the search for any useful artifacts, data or otherwise incriminating information against those enemy forces. In their way would likely be a number of soldiers or other military personnel, staunchly holding their ground against the two lone Jedi. Violence wasn't always the answer, but sometimes it was the only thing that led to a peaceful solution.

Dressed in a sleeveless modification of the traditional Jedi robes, she was studying the building in the distance when the inquiry was posed to her, silently pondering what entrance point they would take and how they would move to avoid any patrols, if they would attempt to do so at all. "It's a far cry from Voss, that's for certain." Flashing a smile, she turned to face Connor, studying him for a moment, through the Force as well. "If you're speaking of the mission, I'm ready for it, for better or worse. There's really only one way to find out, and that's through action. Wouldn't you agree, Master?" Her tone was light, but she was perfectly capable of being serious when times called.

Her attention strayed from the task at hand when she sensed something out of the ordinary. "Do you feel that?" Not only was there someone, or more than a few someones, approaching at a steady rate, but there was the faint ripples in the distance that distinctly emanated what she recognized as Dark Side energy despite having little to no real experience with such. So much for this being a simple exploration, if they would end up achieving that goal at all. Whether they liked it or not, they would soon have unwanted company on their hands.

[member="Connor Harrison"], [member="Tmoxin Temi"]

There was a time and a place for everything. As an assassin, it was my job to kill people. As a Sith, it was my job to protect those within the One Sith Influence. And as an ally, it was my job to protect this Commander. Carrying my lightsaber, as well as my katana vibrosword, I adjusted the straps on my bracers. making sure that the hidden blade was secured and ready for ejection as the vehicle we were moving in was not prepared to go. If there were force users, they would only feel me as a person who as been infuenced by the force, but not an actual force user. Thanks to the little misshap of me actually dying and technically supposed to be dead, but during the event known as the Netherworld Breakdown, I had escaped from the torment of hell, and returned.

I looked around simply as the Commander cursed under her breath. Shaking my head, I waited for anything else to happen, but yet, I could feel a little bit in the ways of the light. Almost as though I was looking down a long dark tunnel, and saw two flashlights at the end. One very much brighter than the other. Looking at the Hapan, my contacts lit up with all the information on her. Files, documentaions of her efforts in the war. Even her birth record as the holonet fed this information too me.

"Be careful miss, Cursing only brings upon the wrath you wish upon yourself."

[member="Syala Daivik"], [member="Tmoxin Temi"], [member="Connor Harrison"],

Connor looked out with Sy and nodded.

"You’re right – listen, do you hear?"

He motioned to get down, his black and silver armor not the greatest in the harsh conditions, but hopefully just another blot on the landscape full of random debris, small settlements and discarded junk.

Leaning into the sand, Connor could hear in the distance the sound of speeders, a constant hum of engines roaring across the land. Closing his eyes, Connor wrapped the Force around his surroundings to paint a picture in his head – Imperial troopers in a standard formation. He opened his eyes.

"It seems the centre isn’t as devoid of life as we expected. I feel this is a training ground for remnant Imperial forces, or worse, a new Empire or Sith Army in the works."

Turning on his belly, Connor crawled forward slowly and peered up and over the sand and rock. The vapour trail in the distance, a blurry line of dust kicked up by the speeders was trailing across the distance. His blue eyes watched as they moved from left to right.

"This is better than any training by the lake don’t you agree," he smiled, talking to his Padawan, " and I think we are going to have to do some gentle investigation as to what’s happening in there?"

He looked back at her, cutting a look of determination and eagerness as she lay in the sand ready for anything. There was no other Silver he’d rather have by him right now, and he would always make her think and take control.

"Ok Sy – your choice. Do we hold our own and simply head to the Centre with nothing but good intention and peaceful inquisition to anyone we come across, or do we call for the Rangers to come and lead a more…offensive approach to who or whatever is in there?"

[member="Akuma"] | [member="Syala Daivik"] | [member="Tmoxin Temi"]

Tmoxin turned her head slightly towards Akuma and narrowed her eyes. She wanted to snap back to the young acolyte that she needed to know her place and not speak out of turn. The Commander doesn't need a warning of any kind, she thought. But the Hapan Officer knew how invasive the Sith were, especially its Intelligence. Berating or bullying an acolyte may get back to the young girl's Master and Tmoxin didn't need to return to Coruscant eventually and face the Master's strict retribution. Besides the acolyte was potentially strong in her own right and it would be better to say something neutral than risk having her windpipe squeezed by the Force.

"Akuma, the Commander could use helpful commentary now, please," she said. Instead she turned her ire onto the transport engineers.

"So what exactly is the problem?" she asked, bending in to look at the mechanical problem with the cargo speeder. Exasperated she added, "I know for a fact that this speeder came right off the factory line, unlike most everything else in this bloody compound!"

"We're working on it, Commander," one of them answered, waist deep in the mechanical bowels of the transport vehicle.

She looked up through electrobinoculars at the Platoon as it disappeared from the horizon towards the Labyrinth. Just out a few minutes in the hot and dusty atmosphere and sweat had pooled on the skin of her face and inside her standard Imperial black uniform. Despite the fact that nothing inhabited this neglected rock of a planet, her sharp senses told her she should bring at least one of the squads back. She didn't like to be separated from the troops this long.

She turned to Major Ulysses: "Bring back some units. This looks like it's going to be awhile."

"Monarchs Squad One, come back to base. We are not ready to depart yet," ordered Major Ulysses. This would ensure at least eight of her unit would be nearby. In the meantime, Tmoxin took her binoculars and scanned the horizon, not sure what she was looking for except a distraction from the aggravating setback with the cargo speeder.

[member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Syala Daivik"] [member="Akuma"]

Her lips pursed thoughtfully, and Syala reached out with the Force once more to study their surroundings, delving as deeply into the ethereal as she would when meditating in order to gain a better insight as to just what dangers they were facing. Nearest were the squadrons of Imperial troops that would eventually pass near them, though hopefully not close enough to see them clearly. Without warning one of the two groups halted and turned back to the base, the others continuing on as if nothing was out of the ordinary. Either they’d been spotted, or whomever was in charge didn’t like being unprotected for terribly long. If they were in luck, it was the latter.

Eventually her senses retreated back into her body, and she opened her eyes, unaware they had even slid shut. There wasn’t any easy, straightforward way to go about this. Entering the base directly put them at risk for opposition of the sort they hadn’t anticipated, but calling in support when it was ultimately unnecessary only wound up being a waste of valuable resources. It was a give and take, and this time the Force wasn’t telling them much beyond the very basics. There was something else off about all of it, but she couldn’t name it exactly. This wasn’t just your average patrol or training exercise. There was a reason the base had been commissioned into action once again, and it was a purpose deeper than what appeared on the surface.

“Neither. Or rather, neither of them exactly as you said. Right now it would be best for us to continue on with just us. Two Jedi will draw far less attention than the Rangers accompanying us as well. But I don’t think it’s the wisest decision for us to at least make them aware of the situation. Would it be possible to have them on standby? That way, if we run into any unexpected resistance, we’ll be able to call them in at a moment’s notice. There’s something else going on behind the scenes here, and it isn’t just another group of Imperials.” The Force told her that much, even if it wouldn’t specify just what was transpiring behind closed doors. It wasn’t just by chance they’d heard of increasing activity at this stronghold.

Reaching up, she brushed a stray strand of hair away that had fallen from where the brown locks were tied back. “We’re going to want to take this slowly, I think, especially if we want to try and avoid violence. There’s bound to be more resistance than just a few troops on speeder bikes.” What form that resistance would take remained to be seen, but it wouldn’t be for either of their benefit. “I suppose there isn’t much of anything to do in the way of sneaking in. There’s likely only one entrance, and I’d guess that they have surveillance immediately about the walls, if not further inside the building as well. They’re likely expecting something like this.”

Finished appraising the building and having voiced her thoughts she looked to him with a thoughtful look in her eyes, the plan she proposed still not completely formulated. But they couldn’t afford to waste much more time considering the fine points of what they could and could not do. “What do you think, Master?”

[member="Tmoxin Temi"], [member="Connor Harrison"], [member="Akuma"]

The perfect answer. Connor nodded contently as he wiped some sand blowing onto his jaw from the dune.

"Good answer Padawan. Truth is, not even the Rangers know we are here either. So I can send word back and to wait for my signal, but by the time they arrive it’ll be too late for them to do anything of worth and they’ll end up being a clean-up crew or tailing whatever flees into the depths of space."

Turning to peer once more at the same twist of events playing out in the distance, Connors eyes narrowed and fell for a second as he contemplated how best to handle this not for himself – if it were just him, he’d be the wrecking ball – but for his young Padawan, Sy. She needed to learn from him but also herself, and also stay safe. And by doing this, Connor felt she was not a burden or a dead weight to him, but an anchor; grounded, sensible and hanging on his every action.

"Ok," he motioned for them to get up, and he did slowly, sand grains falling from his body, "there are just two of us. We have no inclination to be here, but neither do they. So, let’s call their bluff. Let’s seek out the root of evil by being the bigger of two beasts and simply walk on over."

Connor turned and pointed to the centre with two un-gloved fingers.

"We just walk on over and find out how hostile they really are. Like you said, we aren’t going to be able to just sneak in and we’re not waiting hours for nightfall as it seems they are already moving out. So stick with me, keep your sense heightened and let’s try to be what Jedi should be – ambassadors for peace and justice."

A small smile crossed his lips as he stood up on the dune and held out his hand to pull Sy up for the walk across the rocky, dusty sea of sand.

"If that doesn’t work, then we do what Jedi should do – defend the peace and justice when they turn to attack us."

By taking his hand, Sy was almost acknowledging his crazy and brazen idea, but then she wouldn’t have had the Force lead her to him to chat about fine literature or the Mon Cal opera.

[member="Syala Daivik"] | [member="Tmoxin Temi"] |[member="Akuma"]

“Surely there’s another cargo speeder we can use,” griped Commander Temi to Major Ulysses.

“No, this vehicle is all we have until more supplies are ordered from Headquarters.”

“Then I want you to take the other speeder and rendezvous with the rest of the Monarchs. Let’s start the training exercise and we’ll catch up to you when the repairs are made. We’re wasting valuable daylight.” And frying in this scorching heat, she thought.

As if on cue, she heard a couple of low groans from two male troopers nearby. The rest of the squad still stood at attention. Figures it’s the men who cannot keep their complaints to themselves.

“I have an idea for those of you who do not relish the idea of standing here,” she said in a loud and firm voice. “Why don’t you set up a tent for the Commander so she can sit and be protected from the elements?" If they didn't like standing around, she would make them work in the blazing sun.

The eight stormtroopers quickly set up a makeshift tent with a tarp which stretched across the metal tent poles. One of her soldiers then procured a folding chair for the Commander to sit on. She smirked at them and sat down while the mechanics still grappled with the speeder repairs.

As the Hapan officer watched Major Ulysses’s speeder move off into the distance, she had one of her troopers bring a long-range bioscanner. She set it up on a tripod in the relative cool of the tent and then surveyed the horizon. Nothing east or west. But as she turned the device to the north, it picked up a life signature from two humanoid forms. Interesting development, she thought. They could be harmless scavengers but so close to the Imperial Outpost?

Commander Temi walked away from the bioscanner, sat down in the folding chair and crossed her legs. She turned to the Sith acolyte and smiled.

"Akuma, I think we may have company."

[member="Akuma"] [member="Syala Daivik"] [member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Cylus Jest"]

Cylus Jest

Servant of the Inquisition
Cylus Jest had finally made it off of the blasted planet where he had spent his childhood, well technically he'd made it off a while ago, but scratching basic training and all those other things that seemed to be a preparation for war, this was one of the first times he'd actually spend so much time on a planet.

He loved it, no, not loved. He cherished this planet, it was a symbol of what where he wanted his life to go. It had started out wild and dirty, but now it was becoming a place of tutoring, a place of learning. It was becoming a solid foundation for the O.S and, that's what he wanted to be in the end.

No, he didn't exactly love being some bottom-ranked grunt, flipping out tents and raising up chairs. But it was good to help, it was good to be useful.

Cylus pondered all of this as he waited. Unlike the rest of the stormtroopers, he wasn't just standing around. He was standing at attention, always, he liked to be ready for new orders. Besides, it was just heat and groaning like a wamp rat pup wouldn't help anything. Worst case was worse, he'd drink some water...obviously the other troopers just didn't understand the dedication of service that they had signed up for.

Or maybe he thought, he just considered things too much...looked at things too deeply. Maybe...maybe. For now he would put himself up on the line for Commander [member="Tmoxin Temi"] and any of the other commanders. He wasn't so sure where the Sith fellow standing around her was in terms of ranking...but it was probably a wise choice to listen to him as well.

I stood there silently. Not saying a word. Just paying attention to the two lights that moved ever so closer in the darkness. One lighting up the area much more. But, it looked almost dim. Almost as though they were not completely a Jedi. Did I know they were Jedi? yeah I guess you could say that. I knew them to be lightsiders. So either they were rogues who happened to be good, or Jedi. And rogues tend to go alone. As for this, they seemed too light to be just any force user.

I paid almost no attention to the ship that needed to be repaired. But others left so they could continue their training. All while the troopers were told to make a tent. All I could think about is when I had to set up a tent one time.

I remember it as though it were hours ago. Aragon and I were on the planet of Naboo. Taking the day off and deciding that sleeping out in the grass for free was better than in a hotel. He taught me to set up a camp. So the tent went up after 10 minutes of confusion and having to get used to the flexible rods that seemed almost as though they would snap at any moment. He would laugh at me by how I would hold the rods. Trying to keep them from smacking my face. In which I had failed to do earlier by the red line mark across the left side of my cheek.

I smirked at the memory. Looking at his smiling face and how almost innocent he looked. He looked almost happy enough to forget about the galaxy and those who were chasing him. Those who hunted him because of his former Sith rank. That night, he told me that if I wanted to go anywhere to train, that I needed to go to the Sith. From there, I would train and learn to be powerful. And then, he said that the second part would be the hardest.

"What is the second part?"
"When you solve my puzzle you will understand."
"But I-"
"Kuma, Trust me on this."

I had stayed silent for a moment. thinking about it for a minute. Instead of answering him, I continued to ask him questions about his leaving the dark side. Saying that it was very hard. And challenging. But nobody got anywhere without doing something challenging. At that though, I curled up next to him and fell asleep.

I came back to the present to see a Stormtrooper looking at me as though I were someone who might be higher rank than him, but wanted to test me. Looking at him, I just shook my head and removed a portion of my shirt to show a lightsaber. Letting him know that I was not what I seemed.

"You would do well to act according to your orders Soldier."

Turning to the commander as she spoke about having company, I smiled and shrugged my shoulders.

"Finally you found that out."

[member="Cylus Jest"], [member="Tmoxin Temi"], [member="Connor Harrison"], [member="Syala Daivik"],

Connor and Sy were close, and he had a bad feeling about this. He turned to Sy, walking backwards as he did towards the looming outpost in front of the stronghold.

"Keep your guard up. Those solders can be swatted away like flies. If it all kicks off, stay behind me."

He turned back to the outpost and exhaled sharply. There was a spike in the Force around them, which wasn’t surprising, so his senses were heightened in expectation for a wonderfully brutal attempt on their life if they asked the wrong question.

Stormtroopers. Brilliant. Connor looked across the small squad in their sandy battle armor. He hadn’t come across a Stormtrooper in person, and actually felt quite honoured, with their long spanning history in the galaxy over the centuries and still going strong now. Connor came to a slow stop, as he found the one in command; the one sitting down when others were standing.

Eyes were fixed on him from ghostly helmets, and blasters soon clicked into place. He felt the sharp eyes of a small girl also on him, and it wasn’t Sy.

"Hello there."

Connor waited. Nothing. He smiled at the Commander.

"I’m Connor Harrison, Silver Jedi archaeologist and this is my companion Syala Daivik. I do hope we’re not interrupting anything?"

[member="Tmoxin Temi"] | [member="Cylus Jest"] | [member="Akuma"] | [member="Syala Daivik"]

Holding the binoculars steady, Commander Temi watched the two strangers approach until she was able to see them with her own eyes and then she lowered the device. “Highest alert, troops,” she shouted, rising from the folding chair. “Prepare for a hostile act.”

Tmoxin could tell right away the man and the young woman were Jedis from their unique attire. Normally Jedis were not involved in mercenary activities so she quickly ruled out her bounty as the reason they were here on Lok. Most likely they had caught wind of Imperial activity and been dispatched by the Jedi Order to keep an eye on it.

Her eyes flicked nervously to her troops but she knew their blasters were firmly trained on the two. Still, she had witnessed Jedi Knights more than annihilate a small squad like the one who defended her. In this case, she was relieved Akuma was nearby and had actually detected the two before her scanner had.

“Mr. Harrison, is it? You are interrupting my training mission. But if you’re a good land speeder mechanic, you are more than welcome to provide some help.” she said in a somewhat derisive tone. She nodded back at the speeder mechanic who was still struggling with the repair, then she looked back at Connor Harrison with a slight smile saying, “And in that case, I’ll probably execute the inept engineer who is currently keeping me from my business.”

Tmoxin Temi came closer to the pair and eyed the younger woman with an unflinching gaze, deducing her as Mr. Harrison’s padawan. Their lightsabers were not drawn, and even though Tmoxin felt a small surge of adrenaline, she didn’t judge them to be a present danger to her troopers. Not yet at least. Out of the corner of her eye she made sure she knew where Akuma was as well as her Blood Monarchs.

“To be honest, I don’t know what you expect to find. This planet is nothing but dust and sulfur slugs as far as I can tell. But I do wonder why two Jedis are all the way out here on the fringes of Wild Space on a humanities mission.”

“Care to elaborate on why you are here on Lok?"

[member="Akuma"] [member="Syala Daivik"] [member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Cylus Jest"]

Cylus Jest

Servant of the Inquisition
Cylus watched the two figures...Jedi. [member="Syala Daivik"] [member="Connor Harrison"] He hadn't really encountered one this close before, sure they'd all been around those dreadfully frightening figures known as Sith. Jedi were different though, they were supposed to be merciful to failure and gracious hosts.
In other words, enemies to efficiency and productivity at it's highest.

If it were his command, he would probably have opened fire in hopes of stunning them...and then he could drag them off to the Inquisitor for a swift prize. It wasn't his command though, and it seemed as though the Commander [member="Tmoxin Temi"] was doing a fine job with things anyways. He did wonder a bit about whether the Sith with them was going to lash out at the Jedi.

Oh well, if he did the troopers would open fire and their would be numerous casualties. Something...unwanted, especially with the majority of the force so far away. He caught a glimpse of their conversation as he stood, E-11 ready. Something about executing the current engineer.

A quick glance over to the current engineer was enough for Cylus to decide that he would gladly execute those orders, probably without a second thought.
'I wonder if normal people are so open to the idea of killing their comrades.' He thought to himself as he watched.

Just as steadily as the apparent Commander gazed at her Syala returned the favor, the slightest of smiles slowing forming on her lips, friendly in nature. Her demeanor was entirely open and non-threatening, something that would have been amusing any other time given that the woman and her squadron of troopers, not to mention the Force sensitive that accompanied them, were all poised to attack at the slightest hint of malice from the two Jedi. Contrary to what they seemed to believe the pair didn't intend for this to escalate beyond what discussion was currently transpiring, though they didn't expect things to come easily either. It really was interesting to see how the other half lived.

For a brief second she looked over those forces present, not out of fear but more so quiet consideration as to what dangers they would pose if this came down to the wire. Violence was never their first intention, but it was a tactic they wouldn't hesitate to employ should they be threatened with it in return. But for now it seemed that this woman was genuinely curious as to what the two of them could possibly want with her and the Imperial base they were currently standing just outside of. "Observation and exploration, nothing more, nothing less. It's not so much a humanitarian effort as one designed to monitor." Her reply didn't state outright just what they were there for, but it came close enough. It wouldn't take much to connect the dots.

It was true that she was a bit daunted by the prospect of this turning to battle, but she wouldn't let that show openly, on any wavelength. Now wasn't the time to concern herself with what may or may not come to pass. The Force would alert her of any and all present dangers, and that was an advantage their adversaries didn't have. The rest would have to be left up to chance, something she didn't have much of an issue with. One way or another she and Connor would walk away from this encounter, whether unprovoked and uninjured or not. The choice lay in the hands of those Imperials standing across from them in the sand.

Wordlessly she reached out to Connor through the Force, simply touching on his presence so that the two would be able to better communicate with simple feelings and silent commands that would allow them to collaborate much more effectively. She knew that he would be able to feel the link just as soon as it was formed, and that he would respond in kind, not giving any outward indication of anything having happened. Right now the energy field was their sole advantage just as much as it was one of their opponent's. And she didn't intend to give it up easily.

[member="Cylus Jest"], [member="Tmoxin Temi"], [member="Connor Harrison"], [member="Akuma"]

With a smile, Connor turned to Sy and winked. He sighed and looked back to the Commander and waved his hands around.

"As she said, nothing else but to observe and explore. I often travel to where the Force takes me, seeking out new worlds that come to our attention for one reason or another."

Connor rolled his tongue between his teeth and tapped his chin, pacing slowly up and down.

"But, forgive me, in these troubled times, seeing a platoon of Stormtroopers in Wild Space doesn’t exactly make me feel comfortable. I mean no offence, of course, but you don’t look equipped for training – you look more equipped for something a lot more hostile."

He indicated to the girl behind the Commander. She was un-nerving to say the least. She didn't belong here.

"I mean, this girl - she's a little young isn't she to be here with Imperials if you’re simply training?"

With a smile, he shook his head, looking across at the imposing white faces of the squadron.

"I am talking an awful lot here, sorry. I am just fascinated by war-games, Commander…?"

Connor reached out to Sy with the Force.

Keep your guard up – as soon as she gives the word, they’ll shoot.

[member="Tmoxin Temi"] | [member="Cylus Jest"] | [member=Akuma] | [member="Syala Daivik"]

Observation is what I suspected,” Commander Temi said addressing Syala Daivik, her voice firm and unemotional. Then she turned to Harrison: “As your colleague points out, you are here to monitor. But what I seriously doubt is that your monitoring requires the study of anything scientific or historical, although I can tell you that up the road are some nice sulfur springs which I’ve have the good fortune to swim in.” She smirked, “If you are looking for a tourist attraction instead.”

She watched Harrison pace and his padawan standing calmly by his side. Tmoxin stepped out of the shade of the makeshift tent, and the desert wind blew her reddish hair across her face. She tucked the stray hairs back into place.

“Not that I owe you an explanation, Mr. Harrison but my troops are well armed because I am conducting a training exercise, one which uses real armaments. Why the Sith Acolyte is here is none of your concern.”

Commander Temi looked back at both her troops and the hapless mechanic who still struggled with the speeder repair. The Hapan officer half expected the two interlopers to be on their way, but now that they stood unflinching, she thought she would make the investigation worth their while and hers. While she didn’t want a fleet of Galatic Republic ships to show up prior to the Imperial Center’s completion, she did relish the idea of Harrison and his padawan taking specific information back to the Republic, even if it were lies and propaganda.

“But since you are curious, I’d be happy to give you a tour of the facilities inside the new Morpho Imperial Center.”

There are things you should do, and things you shouldn't. And the commander crossed the line for me. Exposing me as a Sith Acolyte to the two Jedi she was talking to. I didn't care for all of these pleasantries. She had exposed me for who I am and what I stand for. I was so very tempted to use my skills in Iaido to cut her head clean off and sheathed the sword in the time span of blinking an eye. However, I controlled my emotions. Keeping them in check like I always do. I just shook my head at the two Jedi and the Commander talking this over. While a sith was among them.

However, I was not a conventional Sith. One that didn't see the use in killing Jedi needlessly. They had their own religion and values. They were people too. Maybe one of them had been a slave just like myself? or maybe one of them was someone I could make a contact out of. Seeing as how I had almost none of these, I decided I might try my hand at it. Even if I failed to do so, it was better late than never.

"Please don't draw your weapons. Just because I carry the namesake of your foe does not mean I don't respect you as wielders of the force."

Easy. Neutral, and not aggressive. My own weapon was dropped back with a click and my hands were then let down at my sides instead of reaching ever so closely to the weapon like I had when they first came up towards us. Deciding to add in a little fact.

"And please, I am not a little girl as you may assume."

Information, slightly passive aggressive, but they were talking about me. And likely, they too would have said the same if I thought of them like any other piece of crap on the road. So it was warranted.

"I am called many things, but I prefer to be called Akuma."

Easy, simple. Meaning I had a past that I didn't feel like sharing at this time, and also giving my name out to keep the peace between us. More so we won't begin a fight in which I would have a high chance of loosing. Easily told by my animistic instinct of knowing this Harrison man to be more powerful than he looked.

"Lets keep this peaceful for the time being. I don't feel like having a limb cut off today. And I doubt you have a hankering for it either."

Good. Good. I was doing okay so far. I just hoped they took it well.

[member="Tmoxin Temi"], [member="Connor Harrison"], [member="Syala Daivik"],

Not sure how best to handle the Imperials, and their firey Commander, Connor laced his hands behind his back as he listened, but didn't stop as she dropped the Sith right in it. Instead, his blue eyes flicked up to the young Sith, and then he immediately turned to Sy and motioned with his hand to stand down.

"Well, Commander, I may take you up on that offer."

He walked up to Akuma after her introduction.

"A Sith Acolyte. I thought you looked too deadly to be here just by coincidence. I have faced down larger beasts than you, Akuma, but facing down a Sith isn't top of priorities again right now, so you can keep your limbs if you play nice. I give you my word my Padawan won't act without reason."

With a nod that ended all he sad to say, he backed away, still watching Akuma but speaking to the Commander.

"If you're tongue is as loose as your operation, Commander, I'm not so worried anymore. But, please - " he turned to face her and the trooper watching intently, " - I would love to know what this place is."

Giving her a smile, he rocked on his boots as he waited for her reply.

[member="Tmoxin Temi"] | [member="Cylus Jest"] | [member=Akuma] | [member="Syala Daivik"]

Tmoxin watched the Jedi, padawan and Sith acolyte exchange a few words. While this conversation was going on, she leaned over to [member="Cylus Jest"] and whispered: "Radio Sergeant-Major Ulysses and tell him to bring the other squads back from the field immediately."

She slid back in front of Connor Harrison as he, still watching the Akuma warily, spoke to her again. Commander Temi merely smiled at his attempt at disparaging her and then clasped her hands in front of her and looked about as eager as a tour guide to show the newcomers around the Imperial Outpost.

"I have named this the Morpho Center for Imperial Training and as its namesake suggests that is what will happen here. Nothing nefarious, Mr. Harrison. Just simple training for defense of the Imperial Inquisition."

The Hapan officer titled her head, signaling her troops to follow her as she began leading the group into the facility. Well-armed security droids stood at attention as they passed and additional troopers were stationed right inside the entrance. The group appeared to be in the lobby of a simple, unadorned military building.

"This is the main facility which is the hub of the Training Center. There's a common area, a rec room, offices, a cafeteria and classrooms even. Quite innocent don't you think?" she asked again with a slight tone of ridicule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom