Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Stomachs A-Growlin'

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

"I'm not that cruel, am I?" Colette frowned at Shan for a moment before she resettled against his arm once more. "Maybe you should get the floor just for saying that…"

Nah. There was a movie to see and she wasn't about to ruin that. This one had something like gravity phenomenon, Coruscant being somehow even more uninhabitable than it already was, and a cute story about a boy and a bubble girl… Probably.

In reality Colette had begun to doze off around two thirds in until eventually succumbing into a full slumber by the end. Not because the movie was bad but because she was just so tired from everything else.

Unless moved she would remain almost unmoving next to Shan, bordering on possibly being dead.

Shan grinned at Colette saying he should just lay on the floor now, shaking his head as he turned his attention towards the film, just holding Colette in his arms...before noting that she had actually fell asleep watching the film. Damn, were Ko's films really that boring? Shan shook his head, kissing Colette's head softly before settling himself down.

It was too sweet seeing Colette like this for him to even think about waking her up, so instead he planned on falling asleep here as well...Once he had checked to make sure Colette was actually live. The idea of waking up to her dead in his arms didn't appeal to him too much. Obviously it terrified him but he wasn't going to worry about it too much. He was just going to sleep and rest.

Colette Colette

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

She was alive, and she was having some of the best sleep she'd had in recent days. Colette was a silent but keenly aware sleeper. She felt a few of the nudges as Shan made himself comfortable enough to sleep, stirred gently in her slumber, before inevitably falling asleep again.

Colette slowly began to boot up by the time morning rolled around. At first disoriented from having expected to have dragged herself to bed last night but instead waking up on her couch, and second because she could clearly hear hissing coming from the kitchen.

SNAKE?! She jolted awake.

No, wait, she was at home. On Coruscant no less. The only snakes that lived here worked in the senate. Well, some of them at least. She rubbed her hand against her forehead and slowly staggered over towards the kitchen.

Was that… Shan?

"Huh?" She grumbled. "What are you…"

"Buh?"

"Hm?"

Shan's eyes fluttered open at the sound of what Colette was saying, rubbing at his eyes for a moment before he waited to listen. Hearing some form of hissing coming over towards the kitchen and he also saw Colette making her way over there. The Mirialan rubbed his hand against his sleep covered eyes...before blinking to himself as he came to a sudden realisation.

"...Colette. Did we turn everything in the kitchen off?"

That was one of the only things that would make sense to him as to why the kitchen was hissing. They left a piece of equipment on or something...but Shan could have sworn he left everything off...Maybe he was distracted by Colette but he could have sworn...Well. It didn't hurt to get up and check.

Colette Colette

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

"... I… Think… So?" Colette chimed in confusion. "Unless you forgot to turn the stove off."

She hovered her hand above the stovetop. It was cold.

"Nope."

That just left one appliance on her mind. Colette walked over to the sink to turn it on. She lifted it once, nothing happened. She lifted it twice and yet again nothing happened. She lifted it thrice-

The cupboards under the sink opened with a loud bang as measure after measure of water began to pour onto the floor in an unstoppable flow. Colette hastily pushed the tap's lever down as if that would fix anything, but it did not. She tried the same thing again and got the exact same result, except now she was angry. Her fist smashed against the lever, and rather predictably it did not do much.

"Lousy fu—" She growled. "WORK, DAMN IT." She pulled the lever up and down in anger. "Stupid freakin'--"

"Col', Col'. Calm down. Please don't hurt yourself."

Shan hopped straight up to his feet as she started to smash her hand against the lever. He didn't want her to end up damaging her hand as he stumbled into the kitchen, slipping against the wet floor and landing with a small thud...taking a few moments before giving a thumbs up to Colette to ensure he was fine. Well, he would be as soon as he got up. Having his face in a growing puddle of water wasn't going to help him. Hurrying himself up to his feet to try and get a closer look towards the pipes, struggling to see through the water...which gave him an idea on how to try and get Colette to focus on something other than being angry.

"Colette, can you focus on the water? Try to push it back in the pipe so I can see what's going on?"

He remembered quite easily when he and Colette learned how to manipulate elements when they were with Kahlil. And...well, whilst his Earth"bending" wouldn't help right now, Colette's skill with water would. And then Shan could be useful by trying to fix the pipe. Hm...Maybe he should send Sewer Rat to check out the Pipe to see what was wrong...No. No. Something bad could happen to the rat, and he wouldn't like that.

Colette Colette

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

"I am calm!" The very much not at all calm girl hissed as she put her hands on her hips and groaned angrily at the world. It was replaced momentarily with a concerned look at Shan as he hit the ground, but then it returned again when he showed that he was okay.

"Fine, I guess." She grumbled and extended her hand towards the water. Deep breath. In through the nose, out through the mouth, aaaand…

The water began to float and amass at the lip of spout where it came rushing from. Colette could have rerouted the water into the pipe it was gonna go into. If she knew to do that. Instead she let the water form a spiral out of the cupboard and into the sink where it all began to circle the drain that happily let out a constant rhythm of gluggs as it downed measure after measure of liquid.

"And… Now…?" Colette grunted through the focus. "Be… Fast…"

And now? Yes. That was an important question. A question that Shan hadn't actually thought about. Just reaching forward to try and get a hand of the pipes. There had been a few times he had to fix the pipes at his family's store but...well, he was no expert plumber. He was no Mario Mario...or would it be Shanio Shanio?

Either way, the Mirialan went to work trying to fiddle with the pipe, to figure out where exactly the leak was coming from. If Shan had been the one working with the water, he might have tried pushing it back to see where the leak was...but he was just going to have to fiddle around as much as he could. Mechanics and engineering weren't really his thing, mostly being more of a biological...mechanic. Which...was another term for a Doctor now that he thought about it.

"You've got this Colette. Just...keep focus."

Hm...Would melting the pipe with a lightsaber help the situation? Shan just went straight to his belt, pulling the lightsaber off its clip and igniting it. Carefully using the glow of the saber to direct his way to the pipe and carefully used it to try and melt the pipe where it was leaking. Slowly but surely slowing the leak of the water.

Colette Colette

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

"I am." Colette growled through the tension in her face. By all means, take your time, Shan! Just TALK instead of FIXING the thing, Shan! A small grunt blew through her lips to expose her gritted teeth. The pipe was welded back into place and Colette let go of the effort the second that it was done. Water fell to the ground in a snake-like shape that would meld into the floor with the rest of the water that had already spilled.

Colette fell to her butt with labored breaths and began to gently rub at her forehead.

"Never had to manage water like that before." She groaned. "It just kept on coming and coming."

"Do you think it'll hold until we call the… pipe-people of the Order?"

As soon as Colette fell down to her rear, Shan hurried over towards her, bashing his head against the sink for a moment. "Ow..." He shook his head at that though and quickly made his way to her, resting his hand against her head for a moment. Right now, he didn't care about the water or the issues to the Dorm. He was just worried that Colette had pushed herself too much and he was afraid that it was his fault for convincing her to push herself.

"Doesn't matter if it'll hold until we call the plumbers. Are you doing okay? Headaches? Feeling fain-...Sorry. I'm being overly protective, aren't I?"

Shan sighed to himself and pulled his hand away from Colette. He had to stop worrying so much, brushing himself down carefully as he went to grab a towel and prepared to start drying off the floor.

"I'll call the plumbers once I've finished drying up, unless you want to do it Colette?"

Colette Colette

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

Colette slowly nodded her head at Shan's realization. Yes, he was being overly protective, but yes, it was also part of his charm. She used him as support to get back on her feet again as she continued to rub at the side of her forehead and temple. She had a gift when it came to understanding the flow and rhythm of nature, but that didn't mean she was particularly good at forcing it to flow to another beat.

Water was something without shape and yet something that had all the shapes known to man. A wise former fighter had once said that water took the shape of whatever it was enveloped or put inside of. Bottles, tea pots, rivers; it didn't matter much to water what shape it took, it would either pour in a harmonious flow or crash against whatever it was that stood in its way.

In many ways, she supposed, it was how she would have liked to think of herself.

And so, naturally when Shan asked if she would like to dry the floor…

"Oof." She grunted and rubbed at her temple, her slight grin ever betraying her weak poker face. "I think, argh…" Pain! Oh the pain! "You better do it, Shan. I think I might be dying."

"I mean, for sure, I'm definitely dying."

"Okay. Straight to bed then. No snacks, no drinks, no more films. Not even any hugs. If you're this bad, you need some rest. And I'll stay up all night to make sure that you won't get worse during the night."

Shan returned his own little smirk to Colette, at her whole poker face. He wasn't going to call her out for it, but that didn't mean he wasn't going to have his own fun with things...Of course, the fact he wasn't going to be getting any sleep was going to be frustrating but hey. It was worth it for him to get one over on Colette. Huh...He was never normally this competitive. Maybe Colette was just bringing it out.

"Once I'm done here, I'll ring up the plumbers and then come and check on you. Alright?"

With that, the Mirialan returned to scrubbing the floor with a towel, trying to dry it up. He was dutiful and responsible! Always had been. There wasn't a single moment that Shan could think of that he had been reckless. Well...There was that time he tackled a Jedi off the cliff...And then another time where he nearly cut off his arm when it got infected with a disease...Okay. Maybe he was a wee bit reckless.

Colette Colette

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

"Woah, hey now, I'm not that bad." Colette said and wiped her silly grin. "No, you're going nowhere tonight. We have more movies to catch up on, dinners to cook, and company to enjoy, in that order, before looping back to the movies."

There was a whole queue of tasks lined up for Colette once this weekend was over, one of which was with freaking Silas Westgard of all people who she really didn't want to meet or think about right now.

She waited patiently for Shan to wrap up.

"You know, I saw a documentary about solitary whales in the northern hemisphere of Manaan, if you are interested…"

"Unless, you have a better idea?"

"Gasp! Are you saying that you, Colette Noble, were lying to me? Unbelievable. Impossible. The woman I love would never do that to me, would she?"

Shan smirked, clearly teasing Colette for all of it, but getting to work scrubbing down all of the water. To be fair, this wasn't his dorm room so he didn't have to worry too much about cleaning it up...But Colette was his other half. So in a way it was his room. Shaking his head afterwards to try and listen to Colette's statement, raising an eyebrow.

"...Part of me feels like I should be surprised you want to watch a documentary. But then I realised, it's a whale one. So of course you can to watch it. I'm totally to watch it though."

He checked over the towel for a moment, making sure it had fully dried up the floor before getting up to his feet and heading off towards Colette, throwing his arms around her to pull her in for a hug.

Colette Colette

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

"Maybe." Colette answered with a coy smile before she broke into a small laugh. "You know, you're not the first one to be surprised at that."

She said and reached out to place her arms against his shoulders and look him in the eyes before placing a small kiss on his forehead. He was still cute, despite the fact that he was about as soaked as he could be. Certainly not to the same extent as her, all of the layers of clothing she wore seemed to be various degrees of damp, but Shan was definitely a lot worse off.

Or maybe it was just that she wouldn't notice the weight of her own clothes. It was for all intents and purposes not something she felt all that keen on focusing on at the moment.

"Shan…" She whispered before her lips cracked with another happy smirk. "... You're so wet right now."

She broke off and put her hands on her hips and continued to laugh, just a little.

"Did you bring change, or… Are you going to be stuck with that?"

Last edited:
Shan rolled his eyes at the little forehead kiss, breaking out into his own small chuckle. Throwing his arms around Colette to just hold her as they spoke...Though it was slightly uncomfortable because of all the water. Eh. It'd be fine. He was with Colette. It didn't matter how uncomfortable his surroundings were.

"...I always bring a change of clothes when we're going to be cooking. I can never trust you not to make an accident"

He teased away, keeping a grin on his face as Shan just raised his hand and ruffled it through Colette's hair to mess it up alongside with making it wet as the Mirialan chuckled away.

"I don't see any need to get changed yet. Not until we're going to sleep at least. I mean, imagine if we get changed and the pipes burst again. I don't have any replacement clothes for that!"

As Colette moved her arms away, Shan just stretched his arms up into the air to let water drip down onto the floor with a grin.

Colette Colette

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

"Oh, I'm the one making the messes, huh?" She said and raised her brows to question the silly bean. Of course, that quickly faded for a moment as he scruffed up her hair, but that was to be expected. Had she been someone to care for her looks she might have been bothered, but… Well, this was Colette. She just blew a few of the errant locks that covered her eyes away before she shook her head once more with a happy grin.

"You're so stupid sometimes." She said and grabbed at his shirt to take off the top layer. "At the very least take some of it off or you'll catch a cold, and people with colds do not get hugs or snuggles when they are sick."

"People who are sick get put in bed, with soup, and a nice book." her head bobbed from side to side as if to take some of it back. "Or well," She said. "An audio book and some soothing music to help them fall asleep."

"Actually, that sounds kind of cozy too."

"I mean...you nearly convinced me with not getting any hugs or snuggles...but then you mentioned soup and a book."

Shan smirked at Colette. Shaking his head ever so slightly before helping to at least get the top layer off. She was right about him potentially getting a cold and he'd rather not risk being ill. There was a part of him that was worried about the people who would need his help if he was sick but he had to remind himself that this was meant to be their time to relax.

"I can read to you later or something when we're going to bed or something?"

It was an offer that felt...strange to Shan. He never normally liked the sound of his own voice. In fact, he would normally just read in his head. So reading out loud would be a strange experience to say the least. But he'd do anything for Colette.

Colette Colette

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom