Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Sting Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
dcj9odf-684b475c-e933-425d-b9bc-f72adcd106ee.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Heavy Personal Transport
  • Length: 45 meters
  • Width: 32 meters
  • Height: 10 meters
  • Armament: Average
    • Two Quad Laser Turrets
    • Two energy torpedo launchers
  • Defenses: Very High
  • Squadron Count: None: 1
  • Maneuverability Rating: High
  • Speed Rating: Very High
  • Hyperdrive: Yes
  • Hyperdrive Class: 1.0
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Standard creature comforts
  • Three bunk rooms, two head
  • Distress Beacon
  • Standard Targeting System
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Advanced Navigation System (Compliments of Coren Starchaser)
  • Advanced Engines
  • Encrypted Communications Array
  • SE-151 Shield Force Multiplier
  • Now You Don’t Cloaking System
STRENGTHS
  • Fast Ship? – The Sting Ray is a very fast ship, starting life from a CEC vessel and being enhanced by Starchaser Enterprises
  • Advanced Shields – Coren would not let his daughter go anywhere without the best defenses
  • Let’s Vanish – As the ship is too small to safely place any equipment to protect it from gravity wells, Coren opted to allow an emergency cloaking system to be placed on the ship.
WEAKNESSES
  • Faster than it is Nimble – The vessel is still, in fact, a freighter. While it is fast, it doesn’t maneuver like a starfighter, choosing to defend and out pace its enemies
  • Lightly armed – Again, by design, the ship is more defense and speed oriented, and is not designed to take on foes gun to gun.
  • System Shutdown – When the Now-You-Don’t system is activated, weapons power down, as well as the hyperdrive, allowing the ship to clearly vanish from sensors and being targeted. Engines will still remain and the shields are cut down to standard, to allow the ship to navigate to a hyperlane to retreat.
DESCRIPTION
The Sting Ray is the aftermarket modification of a YT freighter built initially by Corellian Engineering Corps. Coren Starchaser personally had his hands involved in the creation of this unique vessel for his daughter Kyra Perl, to provide her a ship for her going ons in the galaxy. Using cues from his own personal freighter and gunship, Coren has added a number of unique systems on this vessel to protect his daughter, including a version of Lexi, the Shortfin’s Virtual Intelligence, to guide ship repairs, navigation, and management of the vessel in case of emergency. The ship, designed to be more of an armored personal transport than a transport, still retains one of its cargo holds to load up with whatever Kyra sees fit. The ship is designed to be flown by Kyra, based on the systems Coren has seen her favoring, but also has an Astromech (BB unit) and piloting droid (L3 series) to provide assistance.

Last edited:
Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser - So, we've just a few clerical items that need to be addressed first. As they've been specifically listed in the materials section, I will need Durasteel, Alusteel, and Transparisteel hyperlinked to their respective Wookieepedia articles. For the ease of editing, I've hyperlinked them in this reply to you.

After that, I believe your ratings are significantly underpowered, leaving you some room to increase a few ratings if you so desired. I'll do a quick breakdown to show you what I mean: [ Unique -4, Low -1, High +1, None -3, Average 0, High +1] = +2 / -8 = +6 Ratings until Balanced. Naturally, the decision is yours - as we can pass it through as-is.

So, @mention me with what you'd like to do - and when the edits are complete, and we can go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom