Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Step into my office

The human replica droid known as Esme Pallas had made her way to Etti IV in order to seek out a new opportunity. When she heard that inventor and engineer, Edwin Gerald Finbur, had taken control of Czerka Arms, she seized the chance to apply for a position. She was aware that the company would need to be completely revamped, and she knew that she could play a part in the company’s renewed success.

She was dressed in a smart black dress that fit impeccably, and was a complement to her pristine appearance. The droid’s blonde hair was styled at shoulder length and today she was sporting a bright red lip. She had observed many women wearing jewels and bracelets, but it was her choice to go out unadorned. As a highly advanced HRD, she was nearly indistinguishable from any other human female. Such a lady looked strangely out of place at Czerka Arm’s underground base.

A sleek black high heeled shoe stepped through the doors and her blue eyes scanned the premises, taking in every detail. The droid’s background was in administrative support, but there was more beneath the surface. Esme’s former employer had often used the droid to keep a close eye on his competitors, and she was outfitted with the tools needed for espionage. It was her experience that few suspected the lowly secretary, even though she often had access to some very confidential information. She had been created for her last employer and was obliged to do his bidding, but now she was free to make connections for herself and she was most particular.

She immediately noticed the lack of a ‘gatekeeper’ at Czerka Arms; this was a position that was most essential. There was much activity with the quiet work of droids unpacking and setting up their new headquarters. If she was capable of feeling satisfied, she would have been smiling at the fact that she was more advanced than most of the droids present. When approached, she informed one of the droids that she was here to meet with the CEO. Esme listened to the directions to his office and promptly made her way to the third floor.

Precise steps brought her to the office of the CEO, where she set a quiet knock upon the door before stepping into the doorway. Esme stood tall and straight, giving the impression of confidence, and perhaps an air of arrogance. Her gaze set upon the man behind the desk, and she immediately picked up on the fact that he had several cybernetic supplements to his person. Perhaps this would work to her advantage.

“Excuse me; I am Esme Pallas, your next appointment.” She spoke in a cool tone of voice.

[member="Edwin Gerald Finbur"]

[SIZE=13.3333333333333px]“How very odd… For ages, we have wasted precious resources developing and producing expensive, inefficient blasters… How did my predecessors not see this?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.3333333333333px]Edwin Gerald Finbur, the newly appointed CEO of Czerka Arms, a once great, expansive arms manufacturer, sat atop an old, rusted steel desk, on which you could find drawers of all shapes and forms in the absolute strangest of places. I could spend hours, just describing this steel desk, but I believe that would be, as Edwin would say, quite inefficient.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.3333333333333px]The cup of tea before him was still warm...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.3333333333333px]Who was Edwin, apart from the obvious? Well, to put it lightly, Edwin was a small, chubby man with a surprising obsession with money, alcohol, and most of all, the aforementioned efficiency. Despite these otherwise rather repulsive features, Edwin was a good man. His heart was filled with positive energy, and his mind was open to all sorts of innovative ideas and plans.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.3333333333333px]The director’s black coat, decorated with brass buttons the size of a Gungan’s eyes, lied casually thrown over his shoulder. The rest of his clothes were in no better shape, as could clearly be seen with his tainted scarf and worn boots. Again, I could describe Edwin’s appearance for quite long, but I’ll move on before I get caught up in the details.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.3333333333333px]The warm cup of tea began losing its heat as time went on, as clouds of steam gently levitated above the liquid surface...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.3333333333333px]Edwin stared at the factory floor from atop his post, watching as the machines made necessary arrangements. His eyes sparkled with triumph… This would be it. After countless failed businesses, Czerka Arms would finally offer him a true opportunity to rise from the shadows, and into the spotlight of the Galaxy… He took a deep breath, taking in the countless specs of dust surrounding him…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.3333333333333px]Suddenly, a sound, coming from the far end of his office ripped the man out of thought. The iron door slowly creaked open, only to reveal a humanoid figure standing upright in the frame. After a brief moment of confusion and uncertainty, the director finally realized who this woman might just turn out to be![/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.3333333333333px]“Ah! Miss Pallas! It seems my protocol droid has proven himself useful? Good… Come in! Make yourself at home!” Edwin excitedly exclaimed, as he made his way towards his unexpected guest… The cup of tea was cold by now...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.3333333333333px]“I did not expect your visit so soon! Oh, but so many things have been going on as of late... No matter. Let us get down to business. As I say, time is efficiency, and efficiency is money, therefore time is money, and so we shan’t waste a single drop of it!” He said, voice hinting at his distinct Imperial origins. The director slowly walked towards the window, hands held together behind his back.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.3333333333333px]“This…” He waved at the sight below. “This is all temporary… Production lines will be put to work, obsolete models shall be replaced by the new.” Edwin turned back at the woman, gazing at her through his monocle of solid gold and silver.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.3333333333333px]“You… You’re… Different. You don’t strike me as a particularly… Ordinary human.” A short pause filled the air between them with unsettling silence. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.3333333333333px]“But then again… You aren’t human, are you?”[/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom