Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stenn, the Rancor Warrior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Stenn, the Rancor "Warrior"
Loyalties: Trevor's pet and best friend
Development Threads: [Please link to threads where this character has played a role. Not mandatory, but helpful, especially when powerful or skilled NPCs are involved.]
Species: Rancor (Pygmy)
Force-Sensitive: Outside of a bond that allows Trevor to telepathically command him, N/A
Appearance: A shorter Rancor with a form of warpaint on his body (How tall could one of these get as a runt?)
Personality: (Can I show this in RP, or do I need to write it down?)
Weapon of Choice: A greatsword Trevor carries on his back
Wealth: N/A
Combat Function: It's the Tank of the duo
Skills: He watches Trevor practice with his greatsword and tries to emulate him when fighting, so only skills are a primal rage and emulated training.
Notable Possessions: A greatsword (I'll make it in the factory with Trevor's main weapon)
Other Notes: Stenn was named at the same time as Trevor made his Keystone nickname.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Trevor Aamas"]

This will need several changes.

For one what type of rancor is this? There are several types from the Tyrant rancor to the pygmy rancor.

Second how and why does it use a sword? Rancors are not known to use tools because they are hunters and have claws.

A bond with the creature is a start but it would not increase the beast from roars and attacking anything that can be eaten into a tool user. Dathomiri witches spend a great deal of time teaching theirs not to attack everyone.

Too train a rancor to use a sword if that is what you really wish will require a dev thread or two of teaching him. More then that it will need to hit several key points.
  • Such as making it think enough not to just use its claws
  • how to lift and swing the sword
  • the forging process and creation of said blade.
At least three to four dev threads of quality. @Mention me if there are any questions.

[member="Trevor Aamas"] Rancors are not intelligent enough to create/use weapons/tools. Also with the fact that they are beasts with razor sharp teeth/claws, a sword seems silly. They rip and shred prey.

[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

I understand that much, thought a bond and tutoring would be enough. I pictured it using a greatsword in one hand and a claw with the other though.

Now I have a new question, is teaching a Rancor how to use a sword good enough for now? Cause remember, it's a 4 year old pygmy Rancor. It could outgrow the need/want for a sword period.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Trevor Aamas"] I was discussing it with Spencer Jacobs and well I tried to think of any instance of Rancors in books using even the simplest tool. I couldn't think of any there might have been a moment one used a rock...maybe I'd have to reread some of the books but Rancors do not use tools. The bond with a witch doesn't make them smarter... calmer, they are friendly towards the clan and hostile to outsiders sure and they might wear something for transportation but they would not use a sword. Even another large semi sentient species the Gorax barely uses tools. As it stands you can make a rancor warrior you could even try to have him bonded with you to fight by your side but no sword.

... I was GOING to do dev threads, but now I don't see the karking point in even using this NPC here... archive this piece of poodoo idea... cause all it's done is make me angry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom