Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stealth Frigate

Status
Not open for further replies.
starcraft_ii_battlecruiser_by_xcreepingdeathx-d35xnar.jpg

Image Credit: http://th06.devianta...thx-d35xnar.jpg
Affiliation: None. Ice is the sole owner
Manufacturer: Mandal Hypernautics
Model: No Designation Currently
Modularity: Yes
Production: Unique
Material:
Outer Hull – Beskar / Ultrachrome Molecularly Bonded Armor
Interior Bulkheads & Structural Supports – Titanium (Strong as steel with the exception of Beskar, but half the weight)
Nonstructural elements – Aluminum, Carbon Fiber, Aero-gel Insulation Essentially lightest materials wherever possible to cut down on weight.

Classification: Stealth Frigate
Length: 400 m
Width: 400 m
Height: 125 m

Armaments:

• (4) Batteries, Heavy Turbo Laser Cannons – 32 Capital Guns

• (3) Single “Fast Mount” Turbo Laser Cannons – 3 Capital Guns

• (10) Single "Fast Mount" Ion Cannons – 10 Capital Guns

• (2) Assault Concussion Missile Launchers – 2 Missile Launchers

• (2) Cluster Missile Launchers – 8 Missile Launchers

• (20) Defense Flak Guns

• (20) Quad Laser Cannons

• (8) Point Defense Systems
Hangar:

• Empty space enough for 1 guest ship up to 50 meters.

• (2) 50 m Military Freighters

• (4) 30 m Bombers

• (8) 15 m Fighters
Standard Non-Combative Attachments:

• Communications Array

• Encryption Network

• Escape Pods

• Holonet Transceiver

• Standard Deflector Shield

• Standard Detention Cells

• Standard Life Support Systems

• Standard Sensor Array

• Standard Targeting Systems

• Tractor Beams
Specialized Non-Combative Attachments:
Maneuverability Rating: 6
Speed Rating: 6
Hyperdrive Rating: 1

Strengths:
- Defense. With it's armor and advanced shielding working in tandem, it can take a lot of punishment.
- Stealth. With it's advance stealth systems, it can avoid being detected until it's too late.

Weaknesses:
- Speed. Normal speed is 6 due to the vessel being an assault class frigate. When cargo containers are loaded and attached to the underbelly though, speed drops further to a 7.
- Fire Arcs. All turbo laser cannons, missile launchers, and ion cannon have a left, right, and/or front fire arch. This ship is susceptible to being flanked, and unable to respond to attacks from the rear without turning the whole ship around to face the threat. Defense guns however, have full range of defense. So fighters and bombers still need to beware.
- Life Support systems. Unable to support a large contingent of lifeforms due to limited life support systems.

- Firepower. With nearly 25% of its capital guns used for the ion cannon. And 50% of it's missile launchers used for defense guns. It is designed more so around stunning a target into submission quickly, than destroying it or outlasting in in a long firefight.

Description:
This ship is a hunter. She stalks her prey quietly. Never heard, and never seen. She is built to take severe hits and keep right on going. However, like most things armored. If you can get past her outer layer of protection. There is not much stopping massive widespread damage through the breach.

Defenses:
Her outer hull is made of a Beskar / Ultrachrome alloy. Molecularly bonded together, this armor possesses slighter better strength than that of Beskar, while also having the reflective traits against blaster and slugthrower weaponry of Ultrachrome. The armor itself is arranged in a series of large 5m x 5m hexagon shaped plates. Each plate is supported by hydraulic shock absorbers to better sustain the impact damage of missiles, blasts, and all other types of collisions.

The anti concussion field created by the Rampart-Class Anti Concussion Generator in combination with the outer hull armor and hydraulic systems render all blasts, collisions, and other impacts inert. This shield runs off the energy provided by the secondary hypermatter reactor.

In the unlikely event that one of the armor plates is damaged. They are designed for easy removal and replacement. It is actually for this reason that the outer hull is in carefully fitted together plates, instead of one continuous piece. The draw back for this, is although, the Beskar / Ultrachrome armor can reflect most incoming turbo laser, and absorb the rest. It absorbs it by spreading the energy over it's entire surface. As that surface is no longer the entire ship, a constant concentrated bombardment on a single plate will eventually cause it to overheat and melt down.

Also connected to each plate and hydraulic shock absorber, are series of grounding wires and insulation. This helps the vessel to resist the same ionizing effects it wishes to dish out to its targets.

This trade off was considered acceptable due to the fact that it is meant to be a raiding vessel. Not a ship of line. It is not expected for this vessel to be in long drawn out battles with many ships. Also, ease of maintenance, access to the hydraulic shock absorbers, as well as the ability to easily modify the armor later, complete the reasons for this design.

Redundant shield generators and back-up power generators have also been left out in this design in favor of other systems.

Power:
The ship is equipped with 2 hypermatter reactors. 1 is dedicated to the normal ship operations and systems. The other serves as a power source for the Rampart-Class Anti Concussion Generator. Hypermatter reactors were chosen because of the higher than normal power output they can generate. The volatility and danger associated with them, was also deemed acceptable for the extra stealth systems they would allow for.

Crew:
The crew on board are all droids. Although only 900 are required. There are 2,000 kept on hand in storage. In this way, 900 are kept on duty while 900 are in maintenance. The other 200 are replacements for droids that are down with more severe technical or mechanical problems. The ship is also holding 500 battle droids for raids.

By having droids for crew. All of the normal crew quarters, bathrooms, showers, mess halls, kitchens, rec rooms, consumables (150 metric tons of weight saved just in consumables), life support systems, water, sewage, filtration systems, and misc. items are not required. This saves a huge amount of space, as well as cuts down on tons of weight and power which would otherwise be required by these systems and facilities. Again, this direction was chosen to make room, and provide enough power, for stealth systems instead.

While normally, Ice and maybe one or two others, are the only life forms on board. This ship is equipped to handle up to 100 beings for 7 years.

Cargo:
Although rated at 2,000 m tons of interior storage capacity. Ice had electromagnetic clamps installed on the underbelly of the ship. In the event a ship with large amounts of cargo was captured. The cargo could be transferred to the cargo containers on board and then transferred via tractor beams to be attached on the underside of the ship. Although allowing the vessel to now carry much more than it would normally be able to. It left the ship vulnerable to being overtaken and/or outflanked by much larger ships, as it was now even slower than normal.

Electro Magnetic Clamps:

Along the underbelly of the ship, lie 20 groups of electromagnetic clamps. What these are is a duo of technologies. The first is the electromagnets. These magnets hold the cargo containers mentioned above securely to the hull of the ship. In the event of power failure, the secondary measures engage. The clamps are joined with small power supplies, so that if the electromagnets failed, they would clamp down on the cargo containers so they don't float away.

Development Thread: 2 Dev threads for armor in progress. 1 more will be coming after them.
Intent: This stealth frigate is meant to be a raiding vessel.
Who Can Use This: Ice

Minimum Crew: 400
Optimal Crew: 900
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Hypermatter Secondary Power Core Generator/Reactor: Hypermatter
Passenger Capacity: 100
Cargo Capacity: 2,000 metric tons
Consumables: 7 Years

I would change the material its created from, the Beskar makes it ultra heavy. Also when you mix the ultrachrome and the beskar together they lose their property.

Also you're not allowed to mix two saber resistant materials - its pointless.

[member="Ice"]

Cool picture by the way.

[member="Spencer Jacobs"] (First! Sorry for the wall of text!)

Thanks Spencer! I'm rather fond of that pic myself. :) But I have to give credit where credit is due. [member="Captain Larraq"] was the one who found that one for me. :) Thanks again bro!

(Disclaimer! To be read in a conversational tone)

As for the armor. I'm confused. According to Wookieepedia, Beskar is normally alloyed with other metals to enhance it's own properties. Can you show me your sources that contradict this please? I'm curious.

Beskar

"The introduction of certain additives during the smelting process served to increase the strength of the natural ore, and Mandalorian metalsmiths guarded the secrets of forging beskar from outsiders, passing along the techniques from one generation of metallurgists to the next, strictly within the Mandalorian community. A versatile metal, Mandalorian iron could be melded into multiple alloys and forged into various configurations."

"Depending on the alloy, it can take any form from plate, laminate, and wire to foam, mesh, micronized particles, and even a transparent film."

These configurations were extremely varied.

Ultrachrome

Nothing in this page says it can't be alloyed with Beskar. It just doesn't mention the metalurgy aspects at all. And considering Beskar is normally alloyed with other metals, it didn't seem a stretch to alloy the two, to better the properties of both. Also, in addition to increasing the properties of the Beskar, another benefit to alloying it will explain your concern of weight.

I want a 50/50 split on the alloy. So the required Beskar would be half of what it would otherwise be for a full frigate. Which is the same amount of Beskar that has been approved for a different vessel, corvette sized, made of nothing but Beskar.

Now to explain the use of that much Beskar in IC terms, I'm going to quote the agreement Larraq and I reached. Below is my message to Captain Larraq.

***********************************************************************************************​

"You say, they would need good IC reasons to do this. You also suggested I show that I can work with the Mandolorians. Now I agree with you about the Ultrachrome. I am so much more excited now about using it because it's rarity of use. Which seems really strange to me because of its obvious amazing characteristics. However I wanted the Beskar alloyed with the Ultrachrome and then turned into molecular armor to give the Ultrachrome the strength that it does not have.

Now I think I might have a way to accomplish everything you said.

According to the book "Starships of the Galaxy". My ship will be 2903 metric tons, based on the size. Now I'd guestimate about half of that would be just the outer hull. Fair enough? So 1451.5 metric tons of armor material required. The rest being durasteel and other misc. materials. Now I want to alloy the Beskar with Ultrachrome in a 50/50 split. That means, I would need 725.75 tons of Beskar for my ship.

In a current Dev thread Ice is doing to obtain the Ultrachrome. If he survives, he'll have 1,500 tons of Ultrachrome. (Essentially, he is filling his cargo hold with the stuff. He'll actually be forced to leave some behind.) The Ultrachrome that Ice is stealing, was meant for a ship to be built by his now previous employer.

Ice only needs 725.75 tons of it. How about he offers to trade the remaining 774.25 metric tons for the 725.75 tons of Beskar he needs? Ultrachrome is also rare, it has awesome defensive characteristics for ship building. And now, Mandal Hypernautics can offer other clients for a limited time while supplies last (for whatever price :D ), a new Beskar/Ultrachrome alloy with the strength of Beskar and the reflective qualities of Ultrachrome. Not to mention they will be getting almost 50 tons more material than they are having to shell out as a free bonus and thanks for working with him.

If they are willing to work with Ice, he will also offer to purchase 2000-2500 (haven't calculated the exact amount needed yet) droids for his ship. He hates having living beings man his ship, as he believes anyone can be bought and turned traitor. He will also need (2) 50 meter freighters, (4) 30 meter bombers, and (8) 15 meter fighters. All stealth support vessels for the Frigate. But none needing Beskar. So that is 2 more decent contracts.

And to sweeten the deal further, he could offer his ships services gratis for a number of missions. How many would need to be agreed upon IC of course. He'd even be willing to have a Mando group attached to ensure he complies with his contract, if that would make Mandal Hypernautics feel safer with this part of the deal.

So the trade in metals, cash, and extra contracts for further ships and droids should satisfy the IC money reasons. Switching the "who it's for" to Ice will solve the IC possible conflict of interest problem as he too is Mandolorian. The contracting to do several missions for the Mandos for free would show his willingness to support and work with them. And the thread to set this whole contract up as well as maybe the designing bit would serve as the Dev thread to obtain the Beskar."

His reply:

That... That's actually pretty clever.

Does your dev thread comply with the Ultrachrome requirements though?

U

Ultrachrome (( Objective : With three or more other characters your character is familiar with, complete a story about how you met in the distant past –OR— with two or more characters your character is not familiar with, become trapped in hostile territory and escape. ))

It's a very strange requirement. And nobody really realizes that 'characters' can also mean NPC's. Thus the rarity on this board. Now, if you can manage a 40-60 post thread or more that complies with the requirements and makes sense plot wise... Yeah, I could see you nabbing a butt-ton of the stuff. And while Ultrachrome isn't quite as valuable as Beskar, the stuff is rare and Larraq would want the opportunity to tinker with it or sell it. So trading it for Beskar just might work.

Mandal Hypernautics also runs a private security/military organization called Hyperion Security. They currently operate a CIC Battleship (what mando call heavy cruisers), 2 main Battleships, 1 interdiction light cruiser, 2 support frigates, a fast attack frigate, and two fast attack corvettes.

If you want to sign on with Hyperion Security as a private contractor, I could see that working well to get Larraq to help build and develop the frigate. All in all though, you'll probably need about 100-200 posts in a couple dev threads to get what your after.

***********************************************************************************************​

I agreed to the terms.

Also, to satisfy your legitimate concern about weight, I have droid crew members. As mentioned in the sub, this saves hundreds of tons worth of weight. So this in combination with the alloying process offsets all the extra weight and then some of the Beskar! :)

[member="Ice"]

No both of these materials are extremely rare. If I remember correctly ships that have beskar in them, the beskar is only a coating on the fighters NOT solid beskar. You're wanting to do 50/50. Also ultrachrome is even rarer, to be serious it's only mentioned in one game and one novel and you're wanting to be able to have gathered 1500 tons.

Again change the materials.

....I....guess I don't understand. Your saying that even if I do the Dev threads required as outlined in the rules, and have a ton of reasonable IC reasons...I now can't have either?

Edit: isn't that what Dev threads are for...? To earn hard to get items?
[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

[member="Ice"]

Yes that's what they're for but to gather that much of something that's rare I can't allow that. If you reduced the amount of these really hard materials it will be in logical means.

The dev thread shows work but it has to still be in probable means

You can still do the items but the amount has to be reduced. Also how are you getting the beskar?

Sorry for double posting, but another note the ship is basically indestructible. The dev thread also needs to include the creation and application on the ship not just finding the materials. Please keep that in mind.

You did well putting it together but there's alot of work needed before I can comfortably approve this.

What I suggest is lower the amount of the rare materials you have, focus more on the stealth and move on from there. I know we can get this approved just gotta work together.

[member="Ice"]

Well the beskar was coming from mandal hypernautics. I figured since they had full blown mines, the beskar wouldn't be a problem. Hmm what would you suggest for the ultrachrome? In my Dev thread, the reason there was so much, was because it was a deal for someone else's ship. Frankly its still being written.

May I present the thread when its finished? It might just surprise you... :)

OR! How about this. If the Dev thread doesn't convince you on the amount, can I at least get it partially made in the requested materials? The plates were meant to be removed for maintenance and/or replacement. Over time and threads ice could continue to build it up. Would that be satisfactory?

One sec let me read your last post. I was writing while you were. Lol

Edit: ok caught up. :) i agree. i have 2 dev threads going right now just for the aquisition of the ultrachrome. (which i'd still like to present to you when they are finished. it really does make the amount make sense) i was also planning on doing the 3rd dev thread for beskar by negotiating with the big company that has all the mines. (Mandal Hypernautics)

What other dev thread do you require? I'm happy to work with you.

But again, if the only way I am allowed to get this to eventually work, is only have a portion of my ship the way i want, and through more threads, slowly add to it. I'd be ok with that as well.

What do you think? Is that a fair comprimise?

[member="Ice"]

Perhaps I can also be of some enlightenment, I was asked to help out here and I am very well versed in starship canon/EU and may I comment the Han Solo Trilogy that included Star's End was some of my favorite stories. I particularly liked the Gunslinger he was up against, and how that Gunslinger's daughter later appeared in the new Jedi order time seeking revenge.

Now below is a lot of reading, but to make it simple. You're ship is heavily overpowered. it has so many thick and dense materials with the added bonus of the anti concussion field that its Indestructible. Then it is also undetectable with the level of stealth tech you have. And it has anti-stealh ship systems too. . . and its hanger is too big and your speed and armament are quite high. Plus the amount of rare materials you have would each need a dev thread, including the beskar, stygium, and nightshadow. (Not to mention the expensive parts/systems I mention below)

Back to business though, The fact of mixing the armor of beskar and ultrachrome together is that each material is already incredibly, INCREDIBLY, hard to break through with most kinds of weapons. Having both is not only a feat of wonder, but combining their properties is also very hard to determine. Yes Beskar can be mixed with certain materials, but ultrachrome is not mentioned as one, nor do I think many people would consider it since both are so powerful on their own and together they may be impossible to destroy, so I'd assume they cannot be mixed to balance them.

The next problem being the anti-concussion field and its generator. This system hardens a ships hull making it more resistant to attacks. However, as it affects the material of the hull on a molecular level, its very hard to know for us just what it would do to each type of metal. In canon it certainly works on the basic metals, but I don't know myself if there was ever a moment Beskar or Ultrachrome, already powerful metals, were both made stronger by this process or if they even broke down under the effect the field generates. So its hard to say it the combination works, and if it does it makes the ship even more indestructible.

Which in addition to being undetectable is just not going to be allowed sadly. You're running nearly every form of stealth coating and tech, Sensor Jamming, Thrust Dampening, not to mention the rare and expensive Nightshadow Coating, Stygium Cloaking Device, and Gravitic Modular. Plus a high form of stealth detection too with the Crystal Gravfield Trap, making it a threat to other stealth ships as well. There's no weaknesses there, and this is actually where I point out anyway that for any stealth ship there must be a development thread for the construction construction. You'll need a thread to collect the stygium as well. Then there's also the problem of whether or not any stealth ship near this level of undeteactability ever had such thick armor, or that stygium even works well with Ultracrhome.

And finally you have a huge space issue. Even cutting out the crew quarters (which includes the showers, bathrooms, and rec rooms you separated), mess halls, and the intricate life support ventilation and such, you're still going to have a space problem. Your ships is 400 meters long and wide. With that hanger of yours you would use up 340 meters of space (because those ships in the hanger have width and height too you know). You just don't have the room for them, then to also run a second reactor, have 2,000 tons of carrying space, and have the necessary space for all the tech needed to run all your heavily advanced systems.

Next both your speed and armament are disconcerting. Speed 6 is quite fast for a frigate period, especially more so for an assault frigate like yours. Thus also making your maneuverability also quite astounding for your class. So it is not by any standard a weakness for your ship to have the speed and maneuverability rating is has. Finally your armament is way above that of a standard frigate, and even pushes it for an assault class. For one to point out there's no assault modifier for missiles here, there is a heavy connotation, but that would make each missile worth 8 Capital guns. Next your Heavy Ion Cannon is only worth 2, not 10, I assume you vastly overestimated its power here. Nonetheless you have 37 capital guns, 10 missiles, and 48 defense guns where if I were to give you an average a standard frigate would run 30 Capital Guns, 10 Missiles, and 12 Defense guns around going off the previous template.

And I would force a stealth frigate to have less to be fair.

But yours is classes nearer to an assault frigate, only being 8 Capital guns shy. And yet still has all this incredibly advanced stealth tech and powerful armor, and a hanger no ship its size could handle, let alone a ship with as many systems as yours needs the space to run.

Now I've listed the problems and logistical complaints. Now I'm going to tell you how to change things so you can get yourself an approval.

First: I'd make one metal like ultrachrome a thinner outer hull shell reinforced with durasteel beneath with the simple coolant systems you've already mentioned. Next I would I make the Beskar the framing and structural components and explain it as even if the hull is breached the frame won't bend easily and still enable the ship to move until critical system are hit. (It won't buckle on itself)

Second: Do a dev thread for the Beskar. Even just rping out the purchase. I've seen people who bought beskar just like you also have to at least do that much. (Can be short for a purchase, 10 posts with the mandos would be nice)

Third: Remove your hanger. I can't in good faith allow such a well armored ship, with as many guns as it has as well, to have such an expansive hanger. Not to mention it just doesn't work out logistically. Plus on a stealth ship this expansive as well I'm going to have to also ask you cut it out. You need the room for all your systems

Fourth: You'll need to do develop threads to collect the Nightshadow and Stygium materials and their installment. Then I would like you to remove the Gravitic Mod, Crystal Gravfield Trap (Because no ship this stealthy and dangerous should be able to also threaten other stealth ships so effectively), and Sensor Jamming System. I'm ok with you applying the Stygium and Thrust Dampening, and if you do do the dev thread for the Nightshadow coating as well as the separate one for Stygium Crystal Gathering I'll be more inclined.

Fifth: Reduce your armaments, I'd like to see 32 Capital Guns Max, 10 Missiles, and 20 Defense Guns on a ship this powerful and stealth oriented, and even then that's lenient. Also correct the mistake that your speed is slow and a weakness, you're incredibly fast and maneuverable for a frigate with a 6 rating. I'd like to see that number turn into an 8 or 10 actually, the 8 being generous. I'd also prefer a dev thread as well for the process of having a mix of such speed and strength.

sixth: Remove the anti-concussion field. If you were using normal metals like Durasteel or Alusteel it would be fine, but Beskar and Ultrachrome are OP as it is. Plus I'm not quite certain the tech works with such already dense materials.

Overall
  • Dev thread for buying the beskar (10-20 posts)
  • Dev threads for collecting the stygium and the installment of it and separate one for Nightshadow (30 posts for each material would be nice for how advanced these are)
  • Dev thread the ship's construction/purchase arrangement just because it has so many materials (another 20-30 posts here please)
  • Alter the arrangement of the Ultrachrome and Beskar in the description
  • Remove the hanger
  • Remove the Anti-Concussion Field
  • Remove the Sensor Jamming, Gravfield Trap, and Gravitic Mod
  • Correct speed and armament
Now this is if you still want the majority of your features. If you want less work then your option is to:
  • Remove all stealth tech
  • Remove Hanger
  • Remove Concussion Field
  • Dev thread the Beskar Purchase

Stygium Dev threads

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/19459-needs-more-dakka/

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/28032-false-flags-new-order-mandos-league-of-red-skirmish-on-aeten-ii/

Mandal Hypernautics has a great deal of Stygium in stock that I have yet to see a reason to use. Part of the agreed upon contract (OOC) was that Mandal Hypernautics would build the ship and supply the Beskar and Stygium in exchange for an equal amount of Ultrachrome per ton of Beskar and under the conditions that he and his ship serve as a private contractor within Hyperion Security.

Once the rest of his threads are done, I will complete a contract thread with him to handle the Beskar and Construction.

OOC, this (the sub itself) is his mess to deal with. I'm just here to help a new writer. And just so you know... What he subbed here is about 40% as OP as the original idea he shot me. He's already nerfed it quite a bit, so please be patient with him.

Anyway. If everything else pans out for him, I'll help with one of the threads, he can buy/get the stygium from me, exc.

Also. You're asking for a LOT of dev threads. For reference, here is an approved limited production corvette with pretty much perfect stealth and only 20 (I believe anyway) posts of development.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/31627-inquisitor-class-stealth-frigate/#entry445428

I agree that this ship NEEDS a solid Nerf and at least a hundred posts supporting it. But... It should be solid as-is in regard to stealth with my Stygium threads supporting it.

*goes away now*

Sorry for popping up in here, I know it typically isn't allowed. But I thought you needed to know the OOC agreement that was made.

[member="Captain Larraq"]

To be honest I'm still not really satisfied. As the ship is both for his character and use, it should be his work to make it possible. It would be a different matter if this were your submission for your use.

And he's already buying the beskar from you, that's already getting off easy on gathering the materials. This ship is highly OP. I want to see a real effort to make it a reality from him.

I'll be asking how to proceed with this development, but personally I don't find the agreement to be fair to everyone else who tries to make a submission.

[member="Camellia Swift"]

I understand. But I have substantial resources here that I've not made use of and am looking forward to selling. Even if the sale is mainly to acquire a private naval contractor to assist Hyperion Security, both sides make out from the deal.

Also. As an individual captain and not a fleeter, his unique, one-off ship deserves a little leeway. I like your suggestion to make the frame out of Beskar and the armor of Ultrachrome. I hope he takes you up on it. And I agree that the compression-stuff is a bit much. The kinetic dampener or whatever it was called, plus the ultrachrome armor and beskar frame is more than enough durability.

But so long as he has an acceptable thread to acquire Ultrachrome (around 40-60 posts), and he and I do a 20-40 post thread for the actual development... That will put him at 60-100 posts total between multiple writers, plus the last 10 of my first Styguim Dev Thread and the... god... 30+ posts directly related to the Concordia Mining Barge in the skirmish thread.

*shrug*

He'll be getting off easy, but he's also new to this site and should be applauded for putting so much effort into his first sub right off the bat.

Other people were new and made great first subs while keeping fairness in mind. Not to mention it is an explicit rule to gain materials yourself through objective based roleplays. As you know the Ultrachrome and the Stygium in particular have very specific requirements.

Stygium Crystal (( Objective : Perform a mining operation, a raid, an excavation, or steal to obtain stygium crystals from any of the following planets: Aeten II, Maramere, Kelsier –OR— kill a player character account who has more than 500 posts and get them to verify it.))

Ultrachrome (( Objective : With three or more other characters your character is familiar with, complete a story about how you met in the distant past –OR— with two or more characters your character is not familiar with, become trapped in hostile territory and escape. ))

Yes he's putting in work, but plenty of submissions have been denied for less than what he has. Not to mention he's already shown he'd likely use it in invasions as he tried using something similar from canon in an invasion. The OS have a very powerful and OP ship that they submitted a 192 post thread for, I am being very reasonable considering the precedent of the factory and the combination of things he's using in this ship's construction.

I'd still want all my other requirements, and ask that you're dev thread together be at least 30-40, and still ask he do a 10 post purchase thread for the beskar from you that happens before the construction thread and is separate from it. I really don't think I can bend on the stygium as its a rule everyone has to follow. if you want you can help him do a quick raid or steal it or something. I can double check about a purchase dev thread, but I highly doubt it will be possible.

There would be less of a problem if this were just a stealth ship or a heavily armored and armed frigate. However, combining both is OP to an extreme.

• Dev Thread of Beskar purchase (10-20 Posts)
  • Dev thread for Stygium (20-30 Posts)*
  • Dev Thread with you for construction (30-40 Posts)
  • Make Ultrachrome a thin outer hull and the beskar the frame (Do not combine them)
  • Remove Hanger
  • Remove Gavitic Modulator, Crystal Gravfield Trap, and Nightshadow (he can keep the Thrust Dampening or Sensor Jamming but must choose or the other)
  • Remove Concussion Field
  • Adjust speed and maneuverability to 11-12 (its both heavy and supposed to be a stealth ship, neither of which indicates speed)
  • Bring Capital Guns to 20, Remove Missiles, Defense Guns to 20
  • Also remove the 2000 spare droids
*I will ask about the Stygium

Do this in addition to his existing dev thread and I'll be happy with the work and trade offs. Being as strong as it will be, with the stealth feature, and still decently armed and within frigate speed. This is just a very scary ship and I know you can understand why [member="Captain Larraq"]. He'll use it in invasions or events at some point that much can be interpreted from his past activity in the Naboo invasion.To allow such an overly powerful ship I'd like to see a large extension of effort into it that other people have had to and that some have shown can be done.

In addition it is against the rules to jump in on another's submission thread so I'll request it be left to Ice to handle posts in here.

Also to now answer a point to [member="Ice"] about space on a ship. A reactor (Giving the most clear example) takes up a large portion of a ship (1/4-1/2 of a ship), and to upscale systems for a larger ship the bigger they'll have to be on a ship as well. And that the ships in his hanger will take up an incredible amount of space 2 (50m) freighters (100m total) themselves take up 1/4 of a ships length, 4 (30m) bombers (120 meters total) will take up more than another 1/4 of the ship's length, as would 8 (15 m) Fighters (120 meters total again), with space free for another 50 m allied vessel. All tallying up to a total of 390 meters in length alone. Even spreading it out in an area I'm going to assume the standard equivalent sizes for Width and Height which, while not really being an issue height wise, will create a very large hanger space.

Neither assault ships or stealth ships have that.

I will say that I have never once claimed to have a desire to use this in invasions. The character you are referring to that did was a jedi fighting for his home planet. This character is essentially a pirate. Outside of his activities for Hyperion Security, Ice doesn't want anything to do with invasions. Quite the opposite in fact. I was pushing the big ion cannon before because his focus is raiding single ships maybe two at a time at most. The reason for it being a stealth assault ship was because Ice's role in his faction working with an elite commando squad. His ship was to get them in and out of hostile territory. But still working alone. And trying to avoid battles.

I'm afraid you have completely misjudged the character and what he is after. *shrugs*

Camellia Swift said:
Stygium Crystal (( Objective : Perform a mining operation, a raid, an excavation, or steal to obtain stygium crystals from any of the following planets: Aeten II, Maramere, Kelsier –OR— kill a player character account who has more than 500 posts and get them to verify it.))
I have a 103 post thread between more writers/characters than I care to count that covers a failed raid by the NO on Aeten II where Hyperion Mining was actively mining a Stygium vein located in a 28 post dev thread between 3 writers/characters that included mining Stygium.

Camellia Swift said:

From what I can tell, these are the two development threads Ice is working on. Here (currently 21 posts between 5 writers/characters) and Here (currently 8 posts between 3 writers/characters, two of which were not in the previous thread)

Camellia Swift said:
There would be less of a problem if this were just a stealth ship or a heavily armored and armed frigate. However, combining both is OP to an extreme.
This is not the first stealthy ship to have fancy armor and be heavily armed. Link. That may only be a Corvette, compared to the Frigate he is making. But a 30 post development thread (on top of however many posts the original submission's dev thead was) was sufficient for such a ship.

Camellia Swift said:
  • Make Ultrachrome a thin outer hull and the beskar the frame (Do not combine them)
  • Remove Hanger
  • Remove Crystal Gravfield Trap
  • Adjust speed and maneuverability to 11-12 (its both heavy and supposed to be a stealth ship, neither of which indicates speed)
  • Bring Capital Guns to 20, Remove Missiles, Defense Guns to 20
  • Also remove the 2000 spare droids
I agree with this section of your requested edits for him, in addition to removing the Molecularity bonded armor.

Camellia Swift said:
Do this in addition to his existing dev thread and I'll be happy with the work and trade offs. Being as strong as it will be, with the stealth feature, and still decently armed and within frigate speed. This is just a very scary ship and I know you can understand why [member="Captain Larraq"]. He'll use it in invasions or events at some point that much can be interpreted from his past activity in the Naboo invasion.To allow such an overly powerful ship I'd like to see a large extension of effort into it that other people have had to and that some have shown can be done.

I can't speak as to how he will use this. I've never roleplayed with him. Powergaming is unacceptable by all of my standards, no matter what tool you use to achieve it. Tech submission or descriptive writing, I do not condone Powergaming or Gadawinning. If he abuses anything, he'll be reported for it and he'll be made to edit it.

But here is my primary issue with what's going on here....

Assuming he and I do our development thread to build the ship and his current development threads reach a combined 40-60 posts... You're looking at around 250 posts total between well over 7 writers. That's 150 posts away from a Flagship.

A Beskar Framed, Ultrachrome Plated, Stygium Cloaked flagship of god knows how many total meters.

All he'd have to do is find a Major Faction to sponsor him and approve him to use his toy as he sees fit.

Do I think that will ever happen? No. But the dev threads being asked for are... A little extreme.

[member="Ice"]

The concern is still noted as no one knows what you will do, and we can't just raise a bunch of issues after you're cleared here and backtrack. This Is a very powerful ship and I'm being very lenient as several others would likely not try and give this a chance.

That corvette is severely undergunned, it is very fitting for a stealth vessel. It also lacks a hanger as well, along with keeping the added stealth parts to a fair minimum.

And as I said it should be mostly his work, your work hardly counts as it is neither your submission nor for your use. And I know he's properly begun work on the ultrachrome, I was just stating it for reference.

His work for the ultrachrome, with you, and for the other 2 rare materials, will put him around 100-120 posts for it. For a ship that's so advanced, and so powerful, and originally conflicts with several rules and logistics, I think its a fair amount of work. Again this is not your submission, and I will request you refrain from posting again.

Okay.

Since this is starting to get out of hand I'm going to be taking care of this myself. Thank you [member="Camellia Swift"] for handling this while I was at work. I had asked Camellia to handle this today since she was available and I was at work. The last thing I want to happen which is fairly common in the factory is that things sit and wait around. We all want to play with our toys.

It is not wrong to help another player out, but with the submission being put up and asking for judging then the dev threads that are provided the player who made the submission isn't even in it – it can't be taken as the dev thread since the player themselves did not participate. Which this has been a misunderstanding on all parties. This submission isn't ready for judging and I'm sure we've all come to realize this. The dev threads that you have [member="Captain Larraq"] can be placed in the submission, but there needs to be an extensive dev thread for this ship that is heavily participated in by @Ice. With out that the threads that you've posted can not be counted as a dev thread unless the ship was posted / created by you.

I understand collaborations, Ashin and I collaborated on the Peregrine Ship both our characters use. Its not wrong to help and sometimes its more fun to work together on a project. I suggest always getting help and I thank you Captian Larraq for helping Ice. Though you are NOT supposed to post in another writer's submission it has been a guideline for some time in the factory. I understand you were trying to help, but still you've still stepped over the line with that. Camellia was judging the submission as it was submitted and there hasn't been any give with what she has requested/suggested as edits on the submission. I advise that her suggestions along with mine are taken into account if you want this ship to pass through to approval.

For now, there will be no more posting here until the dev threads are completed. Please copy and paste the submission onto a document so you two can continue to work on it. WIPs are not to be posted in the
factory since we ask that only completed submissions be posted. I understand some cases where you realize that you need a dev thread or you're battery is about to die and you just need it posted. Those circumstances happen and staff understands.

If you have any questions, please PM me them and we'll get them sorted. I look forward to getting this ship through as something Ice is pleased to have created.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom