Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Spy Assistant Probe Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Star-Wars-Battlefront-II-Concept-Art-Mathieu-Latour-Duhaime-15.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create a spy droid used by Okkeus Dainlei
  • Image Source: (x)
  • Canon Link: (x)
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: (x)
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Arakyd Industries
  • Affiliation: Open-Market
  • Model: N/A
  • Modularity: Easy to modify
  • Production: Mass Produced
  • Material:
TECHNICAL INFORMATION
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Can retract it’s legs to be small enough to fit into a pocket
  • Is able to understand the amount of languages a protocol droid can
  • Can be upgraded and reconfigured for any job
STRENGTHS
  • This droid is small enough to sneak into almost anywhere
  • Scanner-prone
  • Large memory bank that can be remotely wiped
WEAKNESSES
  • With enough time and patience, this droid can be hacked
  • This is not a fighting droid, so don’t get it close to danger
DESCRIPTION
The perfect bounty hunting, smuggling, hacking into droid. With it’s small size and useful tool kit, this droid can hack into anywhere. It also makes it perfect for sneaking into buildings , getting information, and getting out. No droid is better for recon than this one. Need a lock pick? This is your droid. Need a microphone to spy on and listen to people? Look no further. And with a large protected memory bank, I can assure you that this droid will get the job done. Guarantee

note: guarantee is just a phrase ending. Actual guarantees are not backed up or followed through

Last edited:
Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei

Hi, I am Vis and I will be reviewing this submission!

Great little droid you have here. However, I few rulesy-nitpicky issues that I just want to clarify before approving this submission. You call this a "Stealth-class" probe droid, however it's not actually 'stealth' - you're not using 'stealth' technologies or materials per se, which is why setting the production level at "Mass Produced" works. That said, the title then is a bit misleading and might confuse a potential user during RP. In fact, the only 'true' stealth element is the sensor-shielded storage compartment, which I am willing to allow here since the droid itself is detectable - just not the contents of that compartment (at least not easily). It is the equivalent of have a standard ship with smuggling compartments aboard.

So this is my issue, and I think it's one which can be pretty easily resolved. If you can edit the description section to more precisely explain, in detail, that while the droid itself is not 'stealth' and can be detected, the compartment is shielded from general-level scanners, et al, I believe that will clarify this submission much better for future use in RP. Just make it clear that the droid itself is not 'stealth' in the traditional sense, and just this one element is sensor-frustrating, and your submission can be approved as it is. If that isn't your intention, however, and you're really trying to make a droid which is actually stealthy (e.g. difficult to detect by sensors, etc.) then we'll have to pare down the production levels and so forth to fit within the Factory rules.

So, if you would please, make that clarification or else adjust the ratings to conform to stealth guidelines please. When you've made your edits, just tag me so we can get this little guy approved! Thanks so much.

Visanj T'shkali Visanj T'shkali I have changed the title to “Spy Assistant” instead of “Stealth”. This being the spy’s ultimate droid was my idea for this. I have changed out the description to make it seem more of an assistant more than the droid doing the spying by itself.

anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom