Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Status of Denon and CAD (Darkwire/GA)

Before I went AWOL for a few months, Darkwire and their primary antagonists, the Corporate Authority of Denon (CAD) were pretty much in control of the planet Denon. It was marked on the map under Darkwire. Since I came back, Darkwire has moved away from a dominion-based faction to a storytelling faction. And Denon was recently swallowed up by the Galactic Alliance (GA).

My question is: How does the GA being in control of the planet affect the CAD and Darkwire?

As Shadowrunners, I would guess that Darkwire really wouldn't care much who was in political power.

When it comes to everybody else on Denon, I'd guess that while the GA would try to rid the planet of corruption, reduce crime, end poverty, etc. it's something that will likely always exist in some form. I'm guessing that the CAD doesn't wield as much governmental power as they used to, but they're still powerful economically. If things have changed drastically in terms of government, it would be nice to know. Darkwire may have touched on this in recent threads and I guess there was a big thing I missed (let's say in character I was running around with Kronn K'taris Kronn K'taris and Chordok Chordok in Wild Space for an extended period).

To anyone from Darkwire, GA, or anyone else in the know that can fill me in, a brief plot recap would be appreciated. Much Thanks!

In a lot of ways, it hasn't changed anything for Denon.

CAD has one more layer of bureaucracy to sift through, and they're likely doing it poorly. Their focus is more inward, responding to shadowrunners who have become more like terrorists and have already successfully assassinated one of their Direx Board members. But the Corporate Authorities of Denon still run the planet, it's simply the planetary government as one of many under the GA.

On an individual or business basis, there are probably a few more laws/taxes/fees to follow that the GA imposes or have been imposed by CAD as a result of other GA policy. I'm keeping it pretty loose myself as Darkwire hasn't had the level of dedicated activity to necessitate something more concrete yet, and it lets someone else have their own ideas to propose.

Thanks to everyone for replying...in a recent post as my antagonist alt, Commander Ka'bel, I made mention of the fact that Direx and the GA are allied, and also tied that into his being reassigned in the middle of nowhere, because he upset the wrong guy who had political connections. OOC, he had never taken off as a Darkwire antagonist, so I decided to throw him into the frontier where the Mandos may eventually end up, also mentioned that in character too

Denon Senator Vexx's Office is always ready to receive petitions or appeals for unjust transfers. As such a prosperous and industrious world, however, such things may take time, you understand. There are serious political and judicial hurdles to be identified and overcome in due time.

That is to say, willing to offer anything in exchange? ;)

Kalros Jerrex Kalros Jerrex Vexx isn't inherently Anti-Sith, but she does prefer that the distribution channels remain clear and run on-time. So, you can see what with the Maw destabilizing trade routes and razing planets that doesn't ingratiate them with the good Senator of Denon. Now, if the Maw could perhaps rattle their sabers without causing widespread disruption and panic...? Otherwise, I'm afraid tariffs and taxes may be going up soon -- and unsurprisingly they'll land more on industries or products of Maw interest with exclusions for other factions.

The trains must run on time, and the stock exchange must only rise.

Though if you managed to offset their losses...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom