Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stasis & The Force Dead

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Okay. So in the beginning of TFA we see Kylo Ren sense Poe Dameron approach and attempt fire his blaster at him. Ren turns on instinct and not only stops the blaster bolt but freezes it and Poe immediately. Zap. Whoa. Disney Canon is now, super harsh.

Anyway. My musing is this? Since Force Dead beings are techniquely "outside" the Force. This spell probably wouldn't affect them directly. Unless!? You were creating a stasis of the matter around them. Essentially boxing them inside a frozen cell of thin air. Which, could create the same effect. Zap. Frozen. Harsh. Ugh.

Now. Most people who Roleplay a Force Dead character do so in order to avoid such shenanigans. They hate the mind tricks, the choking, the lightning, and definitely the new: I'm now frozen solid approach. Heck, if you play a Force Dead character you're either Vong, (Which, according to EU lore about their planet should probably be Force Alive by now anyway.) ...or you just think Force Users are broken and OP. (Which, has always been a part of the genre.)

Question time then!

___

Q: What's the best way to deal with stasis in an RP environment, as an NFU? (and probably even as a Force Dead character too.)
  • 1. Anti-Force Gear (Factory or Canon)
  • 2. Just roll a Force User
  • 3. Pre-planned story plots or duel outcomes
  • 4. Handwavium
  • 5. Ignore it (You can still move, kinda)
  • 6. Ignore it completely
  • 7. Drop from the thread because Kylo Ren is OP
  • 8. Never leave your vehicle
  • 9. Be a droid with hidden compartments of doom
  • 0. Other (Explain)

Well, my view is for an NFU, if the FU in question uses Force Stasis on you to defend themselves in a confrontation (like Kylo did with Poe and Rey after it was clear there was a slight threat to him), the NFU wouldn't be able to do anything, much like Poe and Rey.

Just got to ride it out and be at the mercy of the FU. If it was me, I'd use it but not reduce them to pulp or render them unconscious or anything, so not to "take over" the NFU, but momentarily escape, or warn them about crossing paths again or something like that.

No real way to avoid this one I think, like a Force Push etc. As with most things in the RP world, you have to trust the other writer and just go with it in story!

Much in the way that he didn't do this to Finn during the final sequence, and how no one seemed to think to do this to Jango Fett in the prequels, I'm just going to hope people vary their abilities to the scenario.

If someone does it to my smuggler as a bit of a dick move, I'm liable to just nope out of the thread.

*shrugs*

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
I hold myself responsible for planning ahead. Alec, for one, routinely wears special gear that can get activated with the right blink/twitch combo, gear that would absolutely wreck the enemy's concentration and wouldn't be affected by stasis. If I'm remembering those scenes right, stasis-ed people could still move a couple of inches, and that's more than enough for my purposes.

If no options are available, I generally just take the hit.

Ronan Nakasla

R
On both the sending and receiving end of freezing people with the Force, as long as you don't maim and/or kill my (and as long as I don't maim and/or kill your) character(s), I don't see a problem. Just roll with it, have fun, and if something distasteful happens, try talking it out. If that doesn't work, wave RPJs around like pointed sticks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom