Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting A home (PM For invite)

Time: 09:00 hours

The Drunken Angel carved its way through the space in route to the asteroid cluster. James' two hands gripped the joke of his Dynamic class freighter with resolve and readiness. He knew they were going into serious danger and he was ready for it--or so he hoped.

When he was younger his father had led him here to a small port located on asteroid XJK-907. It was run by a small family of hermit-like existance. The best thing was few people knew about it and it was uncharted on most every system and nation's chats. The dangerous part was it was virtually impossible to get there.

Reed, who was pluggeed into the Angel's control pannel gave a worried warble.

James shook his head, "The fellar helped me old man and I when I was just a kid. Ye know how I am about honoring them kinds of debts."

The man had done more than just help James and his old man. James was only twelve when he was shot in the chest by a verpine shatter gun in the side on a run against a Sith blockade. Running for their lives, Eric had taken his son to this shadow port where James' life was saved. Two years later they were on a run against pirates when the father sustained massive burns across most of his body. Panicking, James set the coordinates and somehow--somehow--made his way to the port alive with the Angel in mostly one peice. He didn't know how it was possible but he did it. They saved his father in the nick of time. James owed them his life, and he owed them for giving him a few more years with his dad. A wave of sorrow flushed over him. It was the anniversary of the day he had lost his dad. Three years ago, today. No matter what, it still bothered him. Sighing, James brought himself to the present. Right now to honor is father, he could survive this field and reply to the distress beacon. "Its gunna be a long day."

The Angel came closer to the Roche asteroids and James felt his senses go on high alert. He gracefully arced his ship around the first, diving it in close and skimming the surface of the rock. Twisting around, the Angel threaded itself between two colliding rocks just before they erupted in a volley of exploding pebbles. Reed warbled a warning.

"Aye, I know that was close, but we are in a fething asteroid feild. Ye know it will all be close," James grunted.

Arcing in a beautiful twist, the Angel made its way into a spinning asteroid's winding center. Deftly dodging a series of stratified pillars that held it together, James came out on the other side. Suddenly, James swerved a hard left, barely missing a barreling rock. A larger, heavier spheroid rambled in the viewport, "Feth it, all power to thrusters, Reed. Now!"

James barely cut away from the dive towards its surface, scraping along its ravine. Sweat beading on his brow, James artfully navigated the Angel, twisting alongside mountains, threading valleys, and hopping over plateaus.

Reed gave a worried blare.

"Oy, I know about the fething one headed our way, gimme time," James snapped. "I ain't blind yet."

With a serpentine to the right, they missed a meteor that flecked the hull with debris. A second serpentine to the left twisted out of the way of the next one. However, they were only satellites to the larger body on a collision course with the planetoid. "We gonna go towards it." Reed protested, "Towards it--now!'

The droid acquiesced and the Angel began a wild run towards its massive to-be crusher. James ducked into one of the narrow caverns that pocked its surface. Behind them, it rammed into the heavier body, crumbling on impact. As the roof collapsed around them, James' adrenaline shot through the roof, instinct took over. Left. Right. Swerve. Up. Down. Dive. Barrel roll.

The Angel roared out the other side as the crushed rock fragmented behind them. James let out a massive sigh of relief, "Feth, let's get to that homing beacon before we become scrap out here."

Reed quickly brought the homing beacon of distress up on James' HUD visor. He would be grateful when the new contact lens that he had worked out with Blith-Tech rolled out.

A green crosshairs on the bearings of 030-Mark-035 displayed itself over his eyes. Under it the display indicated the distance, 160 meters. Diving under a crater-pocked asteroid, James followed the bearing. Coming around the horizon of the massive rock, James was surprised at what he saw. Covered with make-shift attached heavy durasteel plates was the undeniable shape of a conical escape pod. Small rocks bounced off the homemade heavy armor, protecting it from even massive assaults from rocks that would have otherwise blasted it into nothingness. James shook his head, he had to give it to these outlanders for their ingenuity. James frowned, he wasn't picking up an activity or lifeforms on the ship. Even the life-support had shut down and failed. That was never a good sign.

The Angel came around and docked with the durable pod. James stood and tapped his DeathHammer for good luck, "Stand by, Reed, I'mma check tis out."

The droid gave a cheerful affirmative as James stalked to the docking ring. When the door opened he was assaulted with a wave of cold air. James coughed, waving the wave of ice crystals away. The interior was coated with water crystals and frozen over. Only a few lights were blinking on the console but what stole James' attention was the lifeless body floating in the center. He sighed and noticed the blaster still clutched in its un-relenting hand. He must have given up hope. Poor lad.

Pulling himself into the gravity-free zone, James pulled the body on deck. It was so cold to the touch he could barely believe it. It had to have been here for some time. Pulling himself to the console, James noticed the comm was the only thing still working. Logged in it was one call, two days ago. James bit his lip in curiosity. Whoever this was had family and they did deserve to know what happened to him. This number as good as any to start at. Entering it in his wrist comm, James waited for a moment.

"He-hello?" asked a nervous female's voice. "Who is this?"

"Tis James Justice, may I ask who this is?" James asked easing himself back into the ship.

"Its been a long time, Jamie," said the female in a warm voice, "A very long time."

James furrowed his brow confused. He knew a lot of women, had flirted with all of them, dated most of them, and well-- "I beg your pardon, miss?"

"Its Leighlah. Leighlah Chaser. I have been waiting for your call."

It was an easy thing locking onto the co-ordinates of the call and following them, right to the shadow port.

The base was built into a sizable but missable asteroid pitted with massive holes and caverns. James wondered if there was anything in it that kept it together. While Reed piloted them to it and landed, James treated the body properly, wrapping it in a canvas sheet and preparing it for a proper spacer's burial; jettason into space. His father had said he wanted to go that way. He said that every real freighter would die "roaming among the stars forever." It was too bad he had never gotten that wish, not as far as James knew. Sorry dad. I did my best.

The Angel went along the asteroid to is far side. What looked like nothing more than a vast, long-abandoned colony project stretched across part of its surface. There was a covered hangar that doubled as a bio-dome in the center that led off to a warehouse through a tunnel. Nexusing off the hangar on the other side was another building that James guessed would be the common rooms, dorm, med bay, refreshers, messhall, and rec room. It looked to be ancient, hundreds of years old at least and at least a hundred since anyone had really lived there.

Sighing, James let Reed land the Angel in the hangar. The massive metal rusting doors closed overhead with a clang and master and Droid both walked down the loading ramp. A small female figure began climbing down a later to meet them. James looked across the hangar. It was a total mess; supplies were strewn everywhere, parts to make a ship and a half were scattered aimlessly around. The place smelled of oil and grease. The girl reached the base of the stairs. As she got closer, James started to recognize her. "Oy, Leighlah, of course!"

The girl had been his childhood flame, her father had been the one to save his life. Over the months that he had taken to recover, she had looked after him and befriended him. When he had to leave, they kept in touch, he always promised to come back and take her away. A promise he had forgotten. For years he had tried to forget about the gear-head girl, but now, now he couldn't. It was impossible. A wave of long lost feelings rushed over him. "Leighlah, my gods, you, you," he couldn't find the words, "you look incredible."

"As do you," she said. James could feel that part of her held onto hope, while the other refused to get dragged again into his web of love and charm "Have you finally come to make good on your promise?"

James nodded, the particulars of what happened, she didn't need to know. That was irrelevant. "Aye, I am--sorry. For what happened. I really am, lass. I hard the distress beacon in route. Found a body in the pod--"

"Jasper," Leighlah answered, "My half-brother. He left me here to die."

James saw her lack of care and sympathy. The girl had grown up isolated from most all humanity, like James. He felt a ripple. "What happened, love?"

"I'm not your love," Leighlah corrected him. "Not anymore. You gave that up a long time ago." A bang was heard on one of the closed doors. Leighlah's head snapped in that direction. She looked back at James, "We took in boarders, like we always do. Agreed to help fix their ship. Its what we do. They spent the night in the dorm, everything was normal until," he stopped, "Jasper was making repairs when he broke open a metal crate on accident. He didn't tell anyone the fething lazy bum. That morning out came a war bot. Not one but several. They killed all of us except a few, dad got hit and died. Its been hit, miss chase and run for a few weeks. One of them finally got the break away to the ship, but one of them must have gotten on board and killed him, it crashed not too far out. Four days ago Jasper got to the escape pod and abandoned me. He called me when he got out, felt remorse. It was all the same cause he told me that he ran out of fuel. Bloke musta died out," Leighlah shrugged, "serves him right. Boared it this place up with what little rations I got. They trying to get in, I was sure I was gonna starve, but now that your hear, I can get away," she looked at him with a mix of hope and skepticism, "Right?"

James opened his mouth to answer, but never got the chance. One of the doors burst open, spilling the seventh ring of hell into the spaceport.

db553ade22bed2c5252b3584071bc183.jpg

Leighlah Chaser
Image source

James' DeathHammer was blasting wildly, as fast as his finger could pull the trigger. The droids that spilled out were larger archaic B2 Battle droids. They advanced with a heavy assault, their spray of fire aimed at all the organincs. "Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill."

Reed gave a whirl of terror and went up the loading ramp. Leighlah raised her archaic blaster and began giving a light, futile spray that bounced off their armor.

"Ye get out o here!" James shouted as he fired, ducking for cover. Leighlah dove the other way, running for cover behind a set of crates. James cowered behind a ravaged half-engine as their barrage tore at it. Flecks of superheated metal filled the air with the smell of the burning and melting metal.

"Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill."

The spacer began running through his options. His DeathHammer could cut through them one at a time, but the recoil was too strong to be viable.

"Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill."

Leighlah gave a terrified shout. James glanced over and saw three droids moving on her position. They turned the corner, her shots bounced off their armor harmlessly, "Kill. Kill. Kill."

Without thinking James sprinted towards them, blaster blazing, "Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Two of the B2 were cut in piece under the relentless barrage. The third turned around and began targeting the spacer. James leaped up, smashing the droid's photoceptor with his weapon. "Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill."

James angled the barrel of his weapon and squeezed a round into the hole, smoke billowed out from the blast.

Two more droids marched toward James, targeting him, "Kill. Kill--"

"Shut the Kark up!" he shouted, blasting them down.

Six more rounded the Drunken Angel closing in on James, "Oh feth."

A blast of heat roared from the ship's engines, at heats of over 1000 degrees Kelvins. The droids melted as they marched closer, finally silenced.

"Thanks, Reed," James called out, "I owe you one."

Reaching down he helped Leighlah up. She was a full head shorter than him. She looked up to him with an expression he couldn't read, however he knew what he felt coming off her: gratitude, awe, affection, skepticism. "Are ye alright?"

She nodded, her voice soft, "Yes, thanks."

James sighed as he holstered his DeathHammer, his eyes were on the carnage.

"Are we leaving now?" Leighlah asked eagerly, her eyes searching his rugged face.

James shook his head, "No, we--"

Leighlah reached up wrapped her hand around James' neck, forcing him to look at her. He was a head taller than her, he always had been.

"You have me now, I am safe, please just take me from here while we are safe, don't let them hurt me," her eyes shone in desperation, "please, James. If you ever loved me, let me go. Now."

He grabbed her small, delicate hand and gave it a soft squeeze. She always had been small, thin, and youthful. Her eyes had a glimmer of hope again as she brushed her face with his hand.

"Of course I do, Leighlah. I love ye, I always have," he said softly. "But I can't leave yet."

"James, why?" she asked, her eyes widening.

Something isn't right. "I need to give ye father a proper burial."

"I gave him one, just like he wanted," Leighlah said, her voice rising slightly.

"When?"

"Early on."

James grinned deviously, "That's funny, ye said he was disintegrated early on. Which is it?"

Leighlah's voice caught in her throat, "James--"

"What are ye hiding?" James demanded drawing his hand back.

Leighlah stumbled after him, James kept drawing away, just out of reach, "No, please, my love, you don't--you don't understand!"

"Then explain it to me!"

Leighlah tripped over a wire and fell face first forward. James caught her and she wrapped her arms around his shoulders, soft tears streaming from her eyes, "Please, please, I was lonely. Please, my love, don't be angry."

James gently caressed Leighlah's hair from her face and gave her a soft kiss, "Why would I be angry with ye, love?"

She sniffed, "You--you--you promise?"

He nodded, holding her firmly, "I do."

"I found someone else."

James had to swallow several times to process.

"My, please, you promised," Leighlah began, her voice rising in fear.

He shook it off and gave her a smile, pushing the pain deep under him. He gave her hair a gentle brush, "Of course my love, of course I am not angry. I am happy for you." he licked his lips, "Do--do you love him?"

Leighlah thought for a moment, "Yes, yes I believe I do."

James felt like his heart was being torn out of his chest. It felt like the world around him had been almost safe, almost secure, almost perfect again, only to be taken from him. He had loved Leighlah, he always had. He had done everything he could to forget her. Now that she was here, she was in his arms--finally at last--but she was someone else's. It was almost too much to bear.

"Where is he?" James asked.

"He was trapped in the dorms, the other door, we were separated," she said in a small voice.

James gently pressed his finger on her lips. He would get her lover back, or die trying. "Get aboard the Angel, I'll get him for you, love."

She smiled softly and kissed his cheek, "Thank you," and she walked into the bowels of the ship, the sound of her boots on the duracrete sealed his heart away as James prepared himself for what he had to do.

James took a deep breath and examined the closed door. A simple barrier made from scrap ship parts and broken crates were all that was keeping the battered blastdoor up. You don't have to do this. You don't have to risk your life. You could take her now and she would forever be yours. The freighter shook his head; he loved Leighlah enough to let her go. That was the right choice to make.

He grabbed a durasteel driveshaft running along the center of the barricade. Taking a deep breath, James whipped it out. The metal door fell around him and the air was filled with one sound as the B2 battle droids began swarming in through the new hole, "Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill."

With a heavy smash, James crashed the head open of the first droid, it fell in a heap of trash. The man whipped around, swinging the pole in a second blow that shattered the next droid's chassis. The next blow severed the droid from the waist up in two. Twisting it around, he rammed the jagged edge of the pole through the next's photoceptor. It freezed up, giving James enough time to recoil for distance and draw his DeathHammer. The next droid swatted his comrade out of the way like a fly, "Kill. Kill. Kill. Ki--"

"Shuuuuuuut uuuuuuuuppp!" James roared as he fired rapidly.

Accuracy went out the window as the DeathHammer danced in his hands, bouncing up and down wildly. The recoil shot through his arms, making it impossible to control, even with both hands gripping it. But he wasn't shooting to survive, he was shooting in pain, in hurt.

At last his DeathHammer stopped firing when he pulled the trigger. A massive pile of molten droid parts lay at his feet and his blaster's barrel was smoking. He checked the power cell. Empty. Kark. How long had they stopped coming? He didn't know.

Covered in sweat, he drew a cigarette and lit up. A plume of smoke quickly surrounded him. The nicotine calmed his nerves as he replaced the power cell at last and ventured into the darkness. But nothing could calm his screaming heart.

There were no more droids. James cleared the rec room, the galley, the refreshers, and two stories of the private quarters and prepared to climb the storm stairs to the third. This base was ages old, established most likely as part of the Old Republic, guessing by the dated flooring, failing siding, and boxy design. It was efficient, but not luxurious and certainly not sleek. Though he had a feeling it was built to last, he doubted the designers had any idea it would last this long. A few rotting bodies lay strewn across the floors, their putrid flesh had been charred by blaster fire. James shook his head as he stepped over the gastly, rotting faces. They had met an unfortunate, bitter end.

James cleared the third story and was about to leave the last room when he heard a small clatter in one of the closets. His heart sank as he opened it and a living human fell out. Well, almost human.

The half-Zabrak male had ten years older than James, albeit he was more muscular and his face was lined with scars. The half-Zabrak lunged at James, who easily sidestepped it and sent the man crashing face first into a dresser. He was also way more clumsy. James raised his blaster. He had half a mind to kill the creature here, it would have been easier, and Leighlah would have been his. That's not the kind of man you want to be. James shook his head and sighed, "What's your name, lad?"

The half-Zabrak rose to his feet, looking incensed, however, when he saw James' face lacking amusement and the weapon in his hand, he suddenly found a begrudging sense of patience, "Dak."

James shook his head, "Its a suck arse name. I'mma call ye Dumbarse."

Dak made a half movement and remembered who had the weapon, "Fine."

"What ye doing there, Dumbarse? Besides falling on ye face?"

"Surviving."

James shook his head as he snuffed his cigarette out and lit another, "Get moving dumbarse, I promised Leighlah I'd get you to her alive."

Dak's jaw dropped in shock, "She's alive?"

"Old gel's a lot tougher than you think," he waved the blaster, "Move it, Dumbarse, I got cargo to haul."

James lead the Half-Zabrak to the Drunken Angel. Leighlah wrapped her arms around Dak and kissed him in joy. James felt a pang of regret. That should have been him. He shook it off, he would get them to Correllia. They would be safe there, able to go anywhere they wanted.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You worthless Schutta, you never do anything right!" shouted a wildly angry voice.

James started away from his nap. He had fallen asleep watching the hyperspace fly by, a habit he had gotten into as a kid. The sound of a shattered plate made all sleep flow from his limbs. When he heard Leighlah scream he was sprinting across the deck to the galley.

She had cowered in a corner far from James. Dak stood between them, raising his fist angrily.

"No, please, no, I am sorry," she begged, "Please, not again, I am sorry!"

James' shoulder slammed the heavier man to the ground, smashing the Half-Zabrak's head on the deck. Dak rolled over, pinning James and raining a volley of blows on the Spacer.

"Stop it, stop it, please," Leighlah begged putting her hand on Dak's shoulder.

The half-Zabrak shoved her back, knocking her into the corner and her head on the wall.

"Leighlah!" pure anger and rage flowed through James' blood, giving him power beyond anything he had ever felt before. Thrusting his palms out, he kocked Dak back before he could even touch him. The half-Zabrak bounced like a rag doll across the deck. James rushed to him like a dark storm of vengeance and righteousness. Dak grabbed a butcher knife from the floor and made a wild swing that never hit James. Ignoring it, James brought a heavy upper-cut that shattered the animal's pointed teeth. As the stunned Dak fell back, James pinned him the ground. In pure rage, he pelted the being with endless blows. He would give justice. He would make it stop. He would protect Leighlah. He--would--save--her.

Panting, he stopped. The body had been reduced to a mass of bloody fibers. There was no possible way that it could be recognized, let alone be alive anymore. James rose unsteadily, making his way to the sobbing Leighlah. Blood dripped from his knuckles. Some his, some the body's.

James wrapped his arms around his love, and she fell to pieces, finally safe. He gently stroked her hair. "Sssssh, its alright, love. Its alright. It will never happen again. I will take care of ye, ye are safe now. Sssssh I will never let you go again. Promises, love. Promises."

In that moment, James swore to do whatever it took, no matter the cost, to take care of her.

Six Months later.

"Come on, James, you are making me self-conscious," Leighlah said hiding her blushing face.

Here on the beaches of Naboo they were on vacation, safe, both laying lazy in the sun wearing nothing more than swimsuits. The past few months with Leighlah had been the best in his life as they were on a perpetual vacation. Before he had felt like a wanderer, always trying to find something worth spending his life on. Now he had it. Someone to love him, to really love him. He brushed her beautiful hair away. "Ye are lovely."

Leighlah's blush deepened. "Stoooooppp thaaat. You know it makes me feel self-conscious."

James took the opportunity to once again take in every inch of her pale skin. This was a life worth living.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
James stretched and sat up from the bed. They were back on Aalderaan, the smell of cooking nerf had woken him, it was his favorite breakfast. He sat up. The dream of their vacation was still fresh in his mind, even though it had happened as their wedding moon right after he rescued her. Smiling, he made his way into the kitchen. Leighlah plated a serving of the food on the table. Her silken semi-see through robe glistening in the light. When she saw James was watching she turned a bright red, "Morning, love."

James kissed his bride and took a seat, "Morning love. What's this about?"

She giggled and placed a mug of caf for him on the table, "Well, if its going to be your first day on the Job, then you might as well be ready for it."

James gave her another kiss, longer, more intense, "You are a wonderful wife."

She winked, "I know, you kept telling me last night." She tapped his nose, "Finish your breakfast. Then you can play with me, if you have time."

James gratefully ate his meal and joined Leighlah on the balcony. It overlooked the sprawling city of Aldera. He wrapped his arm around her and pulled her up in a passionate kiss. Leighlah squealed in delight as he spun her around, finally setting her on her feet again.

James looked into her deep brown, loving eyes and said what he knew he would never say to another woman, "I love you."

She giggled and wrapped her thin arms around him. Her eyes shone with mischief and happiness, "I love you too, James."

James knew something was wrong the moment he got off work and into the speeder. He could feel it in the air that something had gone wrong. It was the old gut feeling that had saved his life more than once before. When he got close to the apartment complex, he felt his heart leap in his throat. A smoking hole had been created on the side. There were several ambulance and fire airspeeders there, dousing the flames. No, gods please no.

He sprinted to the turboshaft and slammed it to go. His heart pounded wildly. He couldn't get there fast enough. He had to make sure Leighlah was safe. He had to. The thirty seconds going up 50 stories felt like an eternity. At last the doors opened and James barged out, surging down the hall to his apartment. That was when his world collapsed.

Several first responders stood in the hall talking, finishing up paperwork, and waiting. The walls to the hall were cracked, bulging inward, and charred. James felt his knees buckle and he couldn't believe what he saw, "Feth, no, please, no."

One of the medical personnel approached him, "Are you Mr. James Justice?"

James nodded weakly, "Aye, that be me."

The nurse pursed their lips, preparing themselves for what they had to say, "I am afraid an airspeeder crashed into your appartment at 4:30 this evening and killed the occupant inside. It appears the driver was drunk," the person looked at their datapad, "we have a DNA match for a Leighlah Justice. Do you know this person?"

James nodded again, choking back sobs, he could barely see through the tears that clouded his vision, "Me wife."

The nurse hesitated, "I am sorry." then added, "She felt no pain, Mr Justice. I am very sorry for your loss."

He didn't notice the nurse left. He was too stunned to notice anything. He curled up against the ball and let the sobs take his body. His life had no meaning anymore. He was alone. He was broken. He was a wanderer again. He was--he was worthless.

The world around him moved by, as it always had. Uncaring, unaware. Unknown that a man had lost everything that mattered most to him.

James' feet found him at the Drunken Angel again. He had parked it in a hangar for long-term storage when he and Leighlah rented the appartment and prepared to start a new life on Alderaan. Now that didn't matter. He had decided to start a safer life so they could be together, now that she was gone, this world held nothing for him. Except painful memories.

Climbing up the loading ramp, James felt like his heart was gone. Like his innards had been ripped out and torn from him. The noble scoundrel lifted the ship off from the planet and entered orbit. He was hardly paying attention. The deafening silence kept him from being able to think. The console blinked, waiting for co-ordinates. Did it matter anymore? Did it really matter now that she was gone? No. Of course it didn't. Before it was about being someone great. Now it was about survival. Again. He punched in a random set of numbers and they were once again in hyperspace. James made his way to the galley. He needed alcohol. Lots of alcohol. He wanted to forget Leighlah ever existed again. He wanted the pain to stop.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
James. James.

James opened his eyes and saw the glowing form of Leighlah bending over him. He blinked twice, unable to believe his eyes, "Love?"

She smiled as she placed an ethereal hand on his knee. "James this isn't who you want to be. This isn't who I want you to be."

James winced. "Love, ye died. Ye passed on to the great--"

She placed a firm but gentle finger on his lips, "Ssssssssh. You know there are people who need your help. Good people. The starving, the weak, the sick. Isn't that what you told me when we were kids? That you would help them. That is the man I fell in love with. A man so good he wouldn't let rules get in the way of helping people." She smiled as strands her hair fell around her face, dangling on his chest, "Be the man I fell in love with. Don't become another drunk."

James started awake. A bottle of empty Correllian ale was in his hand, he had passed out on the booth in his common area. He sat up and felt his head spin. He knew what he had to do. What he had to become.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Per your request, we have removed the bodies, cleaned the place up, replaced all doors, water fixtures, electronic parts, installed the shipyard parts in the hangar, installed two new escape pod launch and holding stations, re-worked the galley, installed the new main and auxiliary power generators, and of course the air purification parts and the new comm system," the foreman said perusing his datapad. The Twe'lik looked up, "Are you satisfied with our work, sir?"

James watched as the droids and the organic workmen loaded the last of their tools on the ship they had come in. The base that he had rescued Leighlah from had been under remodel for the past few weeks. He had paid for them by running a few shipments for the foreman's boss and the parts out of his account. It was worth it. He knew that his company Justice Shipping Ltd, would need a base of operations of they were going to be able to help people, here would be as good of a place as any. He nodded, "I am, thank you."

The ship was out of the hangar in a matter of seconds. James looked around. He didn't know what he would want to call his new headquaters. Part of him wanted to name it after Leighlah, the other never wanted to see her or have a reminder of her again. He shook his head and compromised. "LC-2. Leighlah Chase 2."

Stuffing every memory of her in a box deep down inside, James forced himself to forget her. He had to if he was going to be able to survive. Reed gave James a cheerful greeting as James walked up the Angel's loading ramp. He would have to alert the others to its location. It provided a welcome distraction to what had happened and what his life had become.

EPILOGUE

Where am I?

The air came in her lungs, cold and devoid of smell. There was a bright white light shining in her face. The surface she was on on felt cold and hard. Every fiber of her being hurt.

James. James. Where is he?

She blinked twice, trying to let her eyes come into focus, but like her mind, her vision was slow and fuzzy.

The speeder. Glass. Burning. Fire. Pain.

She heard voices now. Voices who were speaking.

"She has sustained great damage," began a droid's voice, "over 60% of her body has sustained second degree burns, her ribs, limb bones, and four of her spinal sections have been completely shattered. We have managed to stop the internal bleeding, however her liver, kidneys, and heart are on a steady set of failure as a result of the massive blood loss and trauma. There are several concussions on her head and even cranial bleeding." the droid paused, "By all accounts she should be dead, sir. We do not know how she is even still alive."

James. I must get to James. I must get to him. He will be on his way home from work any moment now, I need to get up and greet my husband.

She tried to get up, but she couldn't move.

"I don't care what it takes," said a man in a chillingly calm voice, "Money is no object. Save her. Or I will have you destroyed."

The droid paused, processing the information, "Yes, sir."

The blurry face of a man leaned over her, she blinked trying to see him, to no avail.

"Hello, Leighlah," he said in a semi-sweet tone, "you had a little accident and you survived. But don't worry," she heard metallic rustling and felt a needle go into her arm, "by the time we are done with you, you will wish you had died."

Her body began to go cold and the room faded around her.

James. James. I need to get to James. He will be waiting. James......

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom